PDA

View Full Version : A question for those who have experienced FSOD/corruption!

echo-2003
Jul 31, 2003, 12:30 PM
Hello all, Today i just got a Memory card 251 and have put all my game saves on it.

What i was wondering was lets say i go online with PSO and get FSOD/corrupted, will that affect my other game files too or just my PSO file? So for example I have The legend of Zelda:The Wind Waker data saved and PSO data saved, will The wind waker data get destroyed too or just the pso data?

Thank you for your time and input.

Lucas2k4
Jul 31, 2003, 12:45 PM
I think its just PSO-Data...o_O

satoshi1
Jul 31, 2003, 12:47 PM
It's just PSO. It happened to me once.. Only PSO gets corrupted..

echo-2003
Jul 31, 2003, 12:50 PM
On 2003-07-31 10:47, satoshi1 wrote:
It's just PSO. It happened to me once.. Only PSO gets corrupted..

Oh thank god! losing pso data is bad enough but to lose everything would just send me over the deep end!
Thanks for the info.

satoshi1
Jul 31, 2003, 12:54 PM
Yea, but watchout, that mem card 251 is a sly one. Whenever I'd put mine into the cube, sometimes it'd say that it needs to be reformated. But if you just take it out and put it back in it works fine. That is if you're reading.. I tried to create a snapshot file on my mem card 251, and it said that it needed to be reformated, i thought it said "do you want to make a snapshot file". BAM! Instantly, 21ish game saves (that's just the games, not counting each separate file for each game), gone. I was so pissed... I wanted to break something. I've only seen my mem card 251 do that.. my friend's has done it once or twice, but not as much as mine has. And after that reformat, it seems to be more stable... There havn't been many recorded cases of this though, so I assume that very few of these cards do that.

Pixel441
Jul 31, 2003, 01:29 PM
What exactly is FSOD? ^_^

Malkavian
Jul 31, 2003, 01:43 PM
For me it only corrupted the PSO character file.

Lucas2k4
Jul 31, 2003, 01:47 PM
On 2003-07-31 11:29, Pixel441 wrote:
What exactly is FSOD? ^_^

Freezing Screen of Death! MUAHAHAHAHAHAH! o_O

Pixel441
Jul 31, 2003, 01:56 PM
NOOOOO! lol thanks ^_^

hucasts_rock
Jul 31, 2003, 02:28 PM
well..I'm not sure because after 9 corruptions, my animal crossing data was corrupted and my sonic adventure 2 data was completely gone O.o;;

lordinviso
Jul 31, 2003, 02:31 PM
On 2003-07-31 12:28, hucasts_rock wrote:
well..I'm not sure because after 9 corruptions, my animal crossing data was corrupted and my sonic adventure 2 data was completely gone O.o;;

You probably did what satoshi1 did. Reformated the Mem card on accident or something. And corruption only effects pso data there is no way it has the ability to effect other data.

echo-2003
Jul 31, 2003, 02:47 PM
Man that sucks satoshi1, I hope it didn't take you long to get your data back.

My friend has had a MC251 since he got his GC and he has never had any kind of trouble with formatting or anything.

Ofcourse neither of us plays online yet but we are both planning on going online soon. I decided to create 2 sets of characters, one online and one offline, on 2 seperate cards ofcourse. I care about my offline characters more so if i do lose my online characters then it won't be that big of a deal to me. I just wanna use online play to interacte with others and trade and stuff.

jediknight007
Jul 31, 2003, 03:03 PM
I had to format my memory card 2 days ago. It's a Logic 3 8MB memory card and it has served me well. I guess it's corruption was my own fault.

First of all, I was quitting PSO and whilst it was saving, I switched off the GC without thinking. Having realised my mistake, I turned my GC back on to find that my PSO have been corrupted and I had to delete my PSO files. Seeing that there was no way I could save it, I decided to create a new file and start all over again. I spent about an hour creating my new character until I was satisfied. I then tried getting online to get some EXP but found the EU servers were under maintenance. However, there was more to come...

I decided to go and play Super Monkey Ball and whilst messing about with the save options, it said that my memory card had been corrupted and I had to format it. After working out that I couldn't rescue it through the GC menu, I went and formatted the whole thing. I lost my PSO, Wind Waker, Rogue Leader, Mario Sunshine, FIFA 2003 and Metroid Prime saves.

Since then, I have created a FOmar and got him up to Level 16 but I'm so bored. I'm now trying to find the cheapest place to buy that really expensive Official Nintendo 251 block Memory Card. Next time, I must be more patient and try and separate my saves if possible by keeping my PSO ones on an official one.

Primrose
Jul 31, 2003, 04:04 PM
On 2003-07-31 12:47, echo-2003 wrote:
Ofcourse neither of us plays online yet but we are both planning on going online soon. I decided to create 2 sets of characters, one online and one offline, on 2 seperate cards ofcourse. I care about my offline characters more so if i do lose my online characters then it won't be that big of a deal to me. I just wanna use online play to interacte with others and trade and stuff.

Same here ^-^

After my data corruption i decided to buy a new memory card and put my characters with the section IDs that find online only stuff on one memory card, and on the other memory card my main characters.
Like this, items like Demonic Fork, Nei's Claw (real one) and Flame Garment are still accessible for me, and not to forget, all challenge weapons.
The corruption pretty much scared me...

Loser
Jul 31, 2003, 04:17 PM
i thiink that FSOD has happend to me but i suprisingly enough i havent gotten corrupted http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Primrose
Jul 31, 2003, 05:31 PM
On 2003-07-31 14:17, Loser wrote:
i thiink that FSOD has happend to me but i suprisingly enough i havent gotten corrupted http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

When you get frozen, you will only lose items that are not equipped, i think its also possible that you lose items that are equipped, this never occured to me though.
What i want to say is, if get frozen ingame, you cant get corrupted. As far as i know, the actual corruption happens when you get frozen while the game is being saved. Thats what happened to me.
Corruptions can also happen offline, for example by pushing the power button while saving.

The_Fool
Jul 31, 2003, 07:19 PM
I have been FSOD 4 times in 1 day and had no curruption problems. but those stupid peice of shit hacker need there nuts shot off with a sniper rifle. lost a Pain i was raising and many weps

satoshi1
Jul 31, 2003, 07:22 PM
On 2003-07-31 17:19, The_Fool wrote:

I have been FSOD 4 times in 1 day and had no curruption problems. but those stupid peice of shit hacker need there nuts shot off with a sniper rifle. lost a Pain i was raising and many weps

Why do you type your messages in the quote box? That's really annoying, cause it looks like you're quoting someone, and then you don't have a message.

FinalHell
Aug 1, 2003, 03:47 AM
Hackers take stuff when fsod happens?? I thought it was just a glitch in the game. I think people make up that excuse to be felt sorry for from other people. Its fsod! it happens! Big deal!

The_Fool
Aug 1, 2003, 10:37 AM
no Hacker can FSOD u and they will steal ur weps and any item not equiped