PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: "Revelations" Chapter 8

Kadou
Jul 31, 2003, 02:15 PM
Well, after several weeks of procrastination, here is the first chapter of my fanfic. It's a little sketchy, but it's the first fanfic I've ever written, so I can afford a few mistakes.

Chapter 1: Grandest of Larcenies

It was a dark evening in the lower levels of Pioneer II. The only light emanated from a small lamp atop the security guard's desk. The sentinel had spent the past four hours working, and now was in a half-doze with his head back against the wall. He was quickly awakened, however, by a light whirring as the elevator leading to the entryway descended. He looked at the holographic computer monitor for the time: 2:57 A.M.

"Who would come to work this early?" he wondered.

The aluminum doors opened, revealing the interior of the mildly luxurious faculty elevator. Standing off to one side, with his left hand gripping the gold painted handrail, was a man perhaps 30 years old. He was garbed in an open, heavy black overcoat, black gloves, and a shirt and pants of dark hue. He looked up, as though not having expected to see the guard. His auburn hair shone in the dim light of the elevator.

"I'm going to require your identification and entrance card, Doctor-?" the guard said, not bothering with greetings. He moved his hand slowly and subtly to the autogun at his belt. The man before him looked far too conspicuous.

The dark figure in the elevator started forward, nearing the now standing guard as though to reply. Rather than a verbal response, he raised his hand to about chest's height, palm facing the guard. Then, without any warning movement, he lunged forward before the guard could draw his weapon. A hazy, heatless black flame ignited about his gloved hand, even as his fingers bent to grip the unfortunate guard's face. The momentum of the leap forced the two to the ground, slamming the sentry's head against the cold, metallic floor.

The unnamed figure stood. The desk lamp had been knocked to the ground, and now all about him was dark, save for the holographic monitor. He was not impaired, however. Sight was not necessary. He continued in silence.

The man continued through the narrow halls to this destination. Were there someone to see him, and were there light to see him by, the man would appear to be semitransparent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the security control center, four men sat, tired eyes staring at the many monitors the security cameras sent images to. One of the men was asleep. Another was reading. The remaining two were gazing blankly at the monitors, though in truth they were staring off into space, perhaps to see when they would arrive at Ragol, or maybe simply because they were bored of their jobs. Tonight there was a strange turn of events, however, and their boredom would soon end. Three of the security monitors suddenly went blank. A few seconds later, two more. Then another. The guard who had been reading stood up, alarmed.

"Tor, what's happening?!" he asked one of the men who had been daydreaming.

"I'm not sure," the man apparently named Torren replied, "Wait! The computer's picking up a strange, electromagnetic field. It's knocking out all the electrical equipment in that area."

"Maybe one of the scientist's equipment is malfunctioning," the third man said dubiously. Another two monitors went out.
The first man looked sharply at him, then back to the man named Torren, "Take a few men and see what's going on over there. The three of us will stay here and radio you if the computer picks up any more unusual readings."

Torren nodded and left, taking a handheld radio from a shelf on his way out.

Again it was dark, save for the dim light of a holographic monitor. Of the three computers in the room, the shady intruder had selected only one for use. He had been probing through the many files and directories for several minutes, one target in mind. At last, there it was, or rather, there they were. There was the single file he had been searching for, but there was another topic of interest: PAQ.txt and PAQSS.exe. He immediately began rummaging through the drawers of the desk at which he sat in search of a blank disc. He stood up and hunted through the shelves, knocking many articles and computer utilities to the floor. At the end of a high shelf there sat a case of blank discs. He took one, dropping the case once the disc was removed, and walked hastily back to the computer.

The man inserted the disc and went to work. He selected the two files and proceeded to copy them onto the disc.

There were footsteps outside the door, security more than likely. They could not touch the computer until the data was fully transferred. This was too important. There was a wavering disturbance, somewhat like heat waves rising from a stone on a hot summer day. Blue sparks appeared and began darting and swirling about the room. From nowhere a saber appeared and was quickly seized by the intruder, though it was not yet activated. The man crouched behind the desk nearest to the door, preparing for ambush.

The door opened slowly and Torren, gatling at the ready, entered the office. He immediately noticed the computer monitor and walked slowly over to investigate, closely followed by two lesser officers, each carrying a railgun. Suddenly, the gatling flew out of Torren's hand as though it had been struck by gunfire. Immediately following his small usage of telekinesis, the intruder leapt at the nearest of the two frightened officers, striking him down with his saber even as it flashed to life. Torren had drawn a buster from his belt and now spun around in attack, but the intruder had disappeared.

Torren had scarcely managed not to hit his aid, who stood only a foot or so away from the doorway and was attempting unsuccessfully to look unafraid. He lowered his buster slightly and turned slowly around, squinting into the darkness. He heard a sound from behind much like one emitted from wet paper as it is being torn. The peculiar noise was accompanied by a gurgling sigh. He spun around yet again to see the second officer as he was falling to the ground, a large, smoking hole in his chest. A searing pain suddenly spread throughout Torren's body. He looked down in horror to see a tapering, green pillar of light protruding from his singed and bleeding chest. The pain quickly faded into a cold numb, and he collapsed onto the ground.

The intruder deactivated his saber and dropped it beside Torren's corpse. He was now fully visible, anything behind him unseen. He extended his fingers, aimed his palm at the small, metal cylinder, and shot a stream of intensely hot flames, reducing the weapon to a glowing puddle of molten metal.

There was very little time left. Soon another, larger team would come. He removed the disc from the computer, found a case to put it in, and shoved it into his pocket. Then, as though between one second and the next, he was gone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-08-13 17:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-08-15 20:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-09-07 07:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-11-09 15:29 ]</font>

Master_of_Dragons
Jul 31, 2003, 06:03 PM
It going good keep it up!

LadyRedComet
Jul 31, 2003, 06:18 PM
Oooh, interesting! Looking good so far.

Kadou
Aug 1, 2003, 07:45 PM
Ok. Here's the second chapter. Its really only here to introduce the hero. Unfortunetly, my plot is fairly straightfoward, though you wouldn't know it until the last few chapters, so most of the cameos are in the beginning.

Chapter 2: This is our Savior?

PFFFSSZZZZTTT!

The loud sound as two photon blades met filled the small arena. The young combatants leapt away from each other. The force, in his right hand holding a saber, fired a large blast of fire from his palm. His opponent, a hunter, heaved his sword upward and somewhat to the left, deflecting the flames. He followed with a downward overhand swipe. The force dodged to one side, his black dress singed slightly by his opponent's sword. He quickly spun around, digging his saber into his opponent's neck. The hunter was knocked to the ground.

The walls and floor wavered and faded into white. The arena had disappeared, as well as their weapons. Kadou stood up straight over his opponent, a triumphant grin plastered on his face. His opponent was lying on his back. He did not look quite as happy. He sat up, his face contorted into a mildly angry scowl, and gingerly began rubbing his sore, though unharmed throat. "That last hit would've taken my head clean off, " he said bitterly.

"If this were real," Kadou completed his sentence, "It's your sword. You can't move it fast enough to do anything with it."

"Thank you Professor Malen," Kadou's opponent, Zeren, said spitefully. He paused then asked, "Why didn't you become a hunter? You're better with a saber than with techniques."

"Well, I'm not that great with a weapon," he said modestly. From nowhere a small flame appeared and took the shape of a miniscule bird, "You'd be at least as good as I am if you'd use a weapon you can hold."
"Probably," Zeren grunted, immediately taking the meaning of the bird.
"Then why don't you?"
"'Cause I like swords."

Kadou blinked, then shrugged, "That's good enough for me."
The two had exited the VR Training Arena and began walking back to their shared dormitory. Kadou's incandescent bird fluttered about them a for short time before exploding in a small shower of sparks. They continued talking along the way, until reaching the main entrance to the male residential building of the Academy. To the left of the door, a digital clock had been placed. In large, glowing green numbers it clearly read: 10:32 PM. "Shit!" Zeren cried. The Academy had set a 10:30 curfew for those between the ages of 12 and 16 years, after which, all students of that age group must be in their dorms. He pushed the door open and bolted towards the elevator. Kadou was not far behind him.

For safety purposes, an elevator had been installed rather than a teleporter, seeing as there were those who knew how to hack into and reprogram warps and other means of instant transport. Zeren nearly collided with the doors of the elevator before stopping. He pressed the button labeled with an arrow pointing upward. There was a faint whirring as the elevator descended from the second floor. The metallic doors opened silently, and the two fifteen-year-old boys virtually leapt in. Kadou pressed the button on the panel marked with a 3 several times until the door closed. "If Al catches us we're dead," Zeren said apprehensively. They waited a minute or so while the elevator ascended and became stuck on the second floor, as it often did.

"This thing is moving too damn slow!" Zeren exclaimed in exasperation. Kadou didn't say anything, but his expression became one of slight concentration. There was a flash of pale green light and a thunderous sound like that of a massive explosion. Everything went black. There was no sight; there was no sound, feeling, or thought. All anxieties were lifted. Then, all of a sudden, there was a terrible feeling of mingling nausea and pain seething throughout Kadou's insubstantial body. He felt as though he were being burned and torn apart at once. Then in an instant, there was color and emotion again, not to mention another explosion of sound and a flash of light. Zeren dropped onto his hands and knees; his eyes were bulging out of their sockets. Kadou leaned against the wall, trying to catch his breath.

After perhaps thirty seconds they both recovered. Zeren stood up and stated, "That has got to be the worst Ryuker I have ever been in."
"Sorry," Kadou replied, "I got a little excited."
They were now in the middle of a long hallway with white painted walls and cheap, forest green carpeting. There were many wooden doors on either wall, and there was a brass number nailed to the front of each door. The two had appeared before a door marked as 426. They walked to the next door, 427. "Next time you decide to do a Ryuker, either be a little more patient, or make sure I'm not with you," Zeren said as he dug around in his pocket for the key card that unlocked the door, "I think I'd rather be caught by Al than go through another one like that." He produced a thin plastic card with a magnetic strip on one side. Then he slid it through a narrow crevice on a metal device above the doorknob. The device emitted a faint but high-pitched beep, letting them know their door was unlocked. Kadou opened the door and they both walked in.

Neoluke12
Aug 2, 2003, 01:39 PM
I like it kadou carry on the chapters are just the right length

Kadou
Aug 2, 2003, 10:08 PM
Well thank you to the few people who actually have read this. If anyone cares, the next chapter will take another day or two, seeing as I have been too busy to start and I'm going to be busy most of tomarrow. If anyone else does read this, please post some support, criticism, or any idea that floats across your mind.

LadyRedComet
Aug 3, 2003, 07:46 AM
Criticism? Well, I thought chapter two was a little short, but that's my only complaint. And taking an extra day or two means I'll get to read the next chapter when it gets put up! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I sacrifice my computer to have fun on weekends...*sigh*

Kadou
Aug 7, 2003, 10:52 PM
After another week of unexpected delay, here's the next chapter. It's definitly long enough (nearly three pages in microsoft word), but most of it is mindless babble used to take up space.

Chapter 3: Curt Introduction

The alarm sounded loudly in the silent dormitory. Kadou grumbled something drowsily and groped blindly for the clock on the side table near his head. He pounded the top a few times upon finding it in attempt to hit the "off" button. On the fourth try he managed to deactivate the irritating, repetitious buzz and sat up. "11:01" the glowing, crimson numbers of the clock read. Beside them, there was a dim S.

Sunlight was shining feebly through a nearby window. There was no real sun of course, but the dome that encased the main section of the city displayed a simulated atmosphere. This often changed, sometimes sunny, sometimes achromatically clouded, and then there was the occasional rainstorm. The inside of the dome was lined with thousands of showerheads that released rain during the replicated storms. Even the temperature was modulated to make weather patterns seem as real as possible. Today the entire sky was pearly grey, but there was little threat of rain. It was the kind of emotionless day where there was more than enough light to see by, but not enough to cast visible shadows.

Kadou stood up and walked into the undersized "kitchen", which was really just a small room with a table, a cabinet, and a three-foot tall, old-fashioned storage unit that managed to keep food cool without the use of photon technology. The staff preferred that students eat the food served in the school cafeteria, but most of the meals tasted so bad as to be considered inedible, so many of the students bought there own food and storage during the weekends. The staff allowed this, though it was necessary that faculty members inspect any food brought onto the grounds of the Hunters Academy for alcohol or other substances illegal to minors. This was even effective for students of legal drinking age, though there were occasional demonstrations of protest or smuggled drinks.

Kadou served himself a light breakfast that consisted of a piece of bread and a glass of milk. Unlike Zeren, who was still asleep in a nearby room, his appetite was never very large, especially in the morning. This was not because of any disease or mental dysfunction, but more likely because, rather than having large meals, Kadou snacked most of the day. His thoughts wandered as he nibbled his thick slice of bread. Seeing as he had recently woken up, his mind was not very focused. It was Saturday, and for this he was rather happy, seeing as it meant he could leave school grounds. He was required to bring with him a radio communicator, but that did not particularly bother him.

Kadou dressed himself in a clean pair of black pants and a black dress that adorned with the many ceremonial markings and designs of Forces and the Hunters Guild, most of which were silver. He then left the dormitory, deciding that Zeren could catch up later. Walking down the hall toward the elevator Kadou met very few people. The groups that usually loitered here in the evening had apparently either not woken up or had already left. He descended to the first floor, where he came across a younger boy who was attempting to enter his apartment after having forgotten his keycard. Neither of them paid any heed toward the other, and Kadou walked past him.

Kadou exited the male residential building and made his way to the lobby. There was a large crowd waiting for him when he arrived, its people yelling and pressing impatiently against one another. Several of the instructors were trying to keep the mob under control. For several minutes Kadou attempted to push his way to the front, but without much success. Finally, one of the staff members, an android near the entrance called out, "Everyone please listen! The communicators are now functioning again! Please form a single line and, upon receiving your communicator, you will be permitted to exit!" Apparently this is what Kadou and the rest of the students were waiting for, though very few students attempted to follow the command of the android.

Eventually, Kadou received a communicator, and was grateful to exit the congested lobby. He didn't have any particular target in mind, but was glad simply to be free of the school, even if only for one day. After about fifteen minutes of walking he found himself nearing one of the three parks aboard Pioneer II. As long as it was close, Kadou decided to walk through the closest thing to a real environment.

There were many people in the park today. Small children were playing games in the "field". Families relaxed on the soft grass and enjoyed the "fresh air". One lone man sat on a bench in the shade of a tall tree with a very peculiar look on his face as he watched the visitors of the park. He half-stood as Kadou walked by, his expression becoming eager, but stopped after having noticed the radio in Kadou's hand. He sat back down with the sour airs of a man who had just been denied a delicious meal after a day of hunger. With the exception of quickening his stride, Kadou ignored the man and continued through the otherwise peaceful park.

After about another hour or so of walking, as Kadou was nearing the slums of Pioneer II, the synthesized voice of a female android began calling Kadou?s name from the communicator he held in his hand. He stopped walking, lifted the communicator to his mouth, and spoke, "Ah, yes?"
The female voice replied, "You have a visitor here at the Academy."
Kadou blinked confusedly. No one ever came to visit him. Not even his older brother, Pyrus, who lived in an apartment about two blocks away from the school, ever came to visit. "I'll, er, be there in a minute," he said, standing in the middle of the abandoned sidewalk like a befuddled toddler. He quickly pulled his thoughts together and, with the faintest flicker of pale green light, he vanished, thoroughly confusing the driver of a hover car that was heading out of the slums.

Many people were moving about at the Hunters Guild. Some of those who belonged to the guild were busy taking jobs, whereas others were lounging in the gigantic atrium. Those who were not Hunters went about filing job offers, handling paperwork, or otherwise performing the many tasks that were necessary to keep the guild running. The nearby Academy was almost as busy. Students and the occasional visitor were constantly moving in and out of the double glass doors. It was about ten yards out from these doors that Kadou appeared, looking somewhat disoriented after another sloppy ryuker technique.

Walking under the enormous sign naming the Hunters Guild Academy of Combat and Psychological Projection and through the automatic doors Kadou half expected to see the seedy man from the park. He went to the desk off to the side of the entrance hall where two women sat, an Android and a Newman, both attempting to keep the small group before them calm while they located the children the visitors had come to see. Standing before the desk were the several relatives or acquaintances of students who had come to visit. Among them was a man of peculiar appearance, primarily because of his garb. He seemed somewhat nonchalant in a plain black t-shirt and a pair of grey trousers. Over this, however, he wore a tattering grey cloak and an expression of grim severity. Frosty white tendrils of hair spilled over his face and halfway down his back. His age could be guessed only vaguely between perhaps thirty or forty years, but his silver-grey, bloodshot eyes seemed to hold a rigid glare far too profound for any inexperienced man of 35 to possess or mimic.

"Ah, Kadou!" the Newman receptionist said anxiously. She turned to someone in the crowd. "Mister, uh, Ralman?" she indicated Kadou.
The pallid man pushed his way out of the crowd and to Kadou. He seemed rather intimidating up close, especially seeing as he was nearly a foot taller than Kadou. "Well, uh hello," he said in a neutral tone. His voice was somewhat hoarse.
"Er, hi," Kadou said, trying not to seem discourteous. There was an awkward silence, during which Kadou wondered not only who the man before him was, but also whether or not he ought to say something. The man began to speak again, carefully modulating his voice so as not to disquiet Kadou, "Well, I guess you're wondering who I am."
"Well, yeah, I mean, er-"
"I'm a good friend of your father's. I thought it might be a good idea to er, introduce myself. My name is Cilinerus D'Xedon."
"Good to meet you, uh, Mister um, D'Zeh-duhn. I guess you already uh, know who I am."
"It is good to meet you as well, and, you can call me Cilis if you want to."
Kadou suppressed a shrug of indifference, but did not reply. Cilis looked as though he were about to say something, but apparently decided against it. He shot a quick glance through the glass doors and said, "Well, I er, should be going. I have to get back to, um, work. It was good meeting you."
"You too," Kadou said, making a feeble attempt at sounding sincere. There was another uncomfortable silence, and the man turned and left without another look back. Kadou stared after him for a moment, then decided to go find Zeren.

Only a few steps out the door a harsh voice came from behind Cilis, "Well that went perfectly."
Cilis didn't bother to turn around or even stop walking. A human woman wearing a pair of form fitting black denim pants and a tight, royal blue tank top had stepped out from behind a pillar and walked with a quick stride until catching up with him. "Why didn't you ask him?" she asked exasperatedly.
"Shut up," said Cilis.
"You don-" Cilis interrupted her before she could begin berating.
"There's been a change of plans. It doesn't concern you. Don't forget you're a Hunter; a hired mercenary." he grumbled in irritation.
The woman glowered at him, but didn't say anything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-08-07 20:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-08-07 21:03 ]</font>

Kadou
Aug 9, 2003, 09:13 AM
Before I begin writing the next chapter, which shouldn't take too long, I'd like to know if there is anyone who has read this and would care if I were to stop writing entirely.

Thank you to anyone who bothers to reply.

Cannibal-Snowman
Aug 9, 2003, 09:15 AM
I read it! And I really like it! I think you should continue this story, it's really good!

Elvendar
Aug 9, 2003, 09:17 AM
I er, skimmed through, but it looked good from what I saw. I'm not a fan of long chapters, so I didn't really like the third, but anyway, keep it up.

Kadou
Aug 11, 2003, 09:09 PM
Yay! New chapter!

Chapter 4: Culmination of Events

Over the next couple months, Cilis stopped by again thrice, apparently just to become familiar. Each time they had peculiar conversations that were, though not as brief as the first, were still rather short. The third time he had come to see the opening show for the graduations. During this presentation, some of the more accomplished students would give brief demonstrations of their skill. To the surprise, and for some outrage of many students and teachers, Kadou, as well as one or two other students had graduated in most of their fields at an early age and were selected for the opening presentation.

On the night of the graduation ceremony, after the performance of eight other students, Kadou stepped out onto the stage in the center of a vast auditorium, looking for all the audience to see as though he were about to faint. He drew in a deep breath at the sight of the red-haired head of his older brother staring at him from one the high, far back rows near one of the exits. Trying to ignore the gaze of the audience, Kadou looked at the floor for a brief moment and exhaled. In an instant, dozens of glacial spheres were floating motionless over the stage and audience. In his right hand Kadou materialized Double Saber and activated it, releasing its incandescent green blades. The balls of ice surged toward the center of the stage, and Kadou began a complex series of practiced movements, setting his weapon in a swift rotation, twisting his own lissome frame, often switching the glowing blade from one hand to the other, or in some cases spinning it in both hands. Every frigid globe that came at him was shattered, melted entirely, or otherwise evaded then destroyed. To the astonishment of the audience, he was virtually unhindered by his FOmars' dress.

Halfway through the performance great birds or other flying creatures and magnificent replicas of Pioneer I and II made up entirely of fire began soaring as it would seem without guidance through the enormous auditorium, swooping past and utterly frightening the spectators. Small explosions of multihued flame and light were taking place about the rafters, casting peculiar flashes of color over the faces of the astounded and bemused crowd. Back on the stage, his body alight with red and blue luminescence, Kadou was obliterating orbs of ice the size of hover cars with bursts of flame, lightning, or unembellished telekinesis while the floor rumbled ominously beneath him. For his finale, Kadou created yet more orbs, though this time from solid steel and about the size of golf balls. Even as these rushed toward him, the many flaming specters flew together, forming a single giant mass of intensely hot flames that slowly became darker and less agitated until it was a massive, gently pulsating black haze. As the last of the balls were reduced to molten steel, the shadowy fog regained color and shape; it had become an angelic, vaguely humanoid figure that silently extended its arms and vanished. Beams of blazing light shot down from the rafters, forcing the members of the audience to avert their eyes. When the light faded, Kadou was standing in the center of the stage, his Double Saber deactivated and his face pale and moist with sweat. He inclined his head modestly and walked shakily off the stage, which was now spotted with large craters where the light had hit. As he exited the main chamber of the auditorium he could here the crowd roaring and cheering in delight. They wanted an encore, but Kadou was not prepared to give it.

So it proceeded that Kadou graduated in combat with the use of a cane, saber, Double Saber, or a staff. He also had completed courses in expert skill level Techniques, Geometry, Grammar/Reading of the English language, and intermediate Physical Science. Finally, he received a Hunters License, which allowed him the basic services of the Hunters Guild, the ability to perform jobs for clients, residence should he choose not continue at the Hunters Guild Academy of Combat and Psychological Projection, and a MAG. Kadou had known perfectly well what a MAG was, and was glad to have received one. Though he used a great deal of effort in hiding it, Cilis seemed as though he were angry that Kadou had become a licensed Hunter.

Unlike most hunters, Kadou chose to continue his general education. Unfortunately, he was required to study some form of fighting unless he didn't mind being sent to the University of Pioneer II. Seeing as he knew all he needed to of melee combat and more than he ought of techniques, Kadou decided to take up marksmanship and combat with the use of a twin sword. Of course, these classes didn't begin until the month-long winter break ended.

One week had passed since the temporary end of school. The citizens of Pioneer II had become exited and restless. Today was the day they would reach Ragol. The screens of the glass dome had been shut off and the dome was transparent. Most of the citizens were spending the day in the overcrowded "Northern" section of the city, gazing at the planet Ragol through the dome. It was about midday when, from the very tip of Pioneer II's nose, a beam of cyan light shot through the clouds of Ragol to the central dome. The populace of the ship held its breath. Moments after, a red beam was returned and aligned with the cyan. As one, the people sighed in relief, but even as they did so, the red beam faded and disappeared.

The clouds above the Central Dome parted, revealing and still giving way to a colossal, expanding dome of light. The people of Pioneer II stared in horror as their families and friends of Pioneer I were surely being destroyed. Many darted off in the direction of Pioneer II's bridge to see the Principal in hope that this was supposed to happen and their families were safe. Others ran off to their homes, believing that the explosion would destroy the planet and Pioneer II. There were but two in the mob who seemed unconcerned. One, mingled in with the crowd, was a tall, grey-cloaked man with a harsh expression. The other, standing atop a tall building, could easily have passed for the first's twin. His facial characteristics were almost exactly the same, save that his hair, though at least as long as that of the first man, was shining auburn and held in a ponytail by a thin piece of thread. All that could be seen of him was his face, seeing as he was garbed in a long, dark, and, though not buttoned or belted, concealing coat and slightly baggy garments.

Those in the military who did not have family on Pioneer I or were able to cope with their loss tried to keep Pioneer II in order. It was announced that Pioneer II was to remain in orbit until the government could figure out what happened and find out whether or not it was safe to land. It was also declared that Hunters would be sent to search for survivors of the explosion. Kadou was eager to go down to Ragol, but when he had spoken to the receptionist at the Hunters Guild, he was told that, although he was fully capable, the government would prefer to send an adult. Kadou was taken aback, but did not argue, seeing as he knew it would get him nowhere.

Later, back in his dormitory, Kadou surfed the limited Internet of Pioneer II idly. As he did so he gently stroked his MAG's smooth, both rubbery and metallic "flesh". He was concentrating every effort to forcing out the belief that his father was dead, but received a harsh intrusion to his apathy when Cilis's voice sounded sharply in his mind, "Kadou!"
Kadou blinked confusedly. Now he was having hallucinations? How much worse were things going to get?
"KADOU!" he heard Cilis call him again. Hoping that perhaps his delirium would end soon, he responded, speaking out loud "Er, yes?"
"The teleporter in the Hunters Guild! Go there! Now!"
There was a pause. Kadou was not about to start listening to the commands of voices in his head. "Damnit Kadou! You're not the only Force on this ship! Now go to the teleporter in the Hunters Guild! I'll be there!"
This did not sound like the awkward Cilis Kadou knew. This voice seemed callous, commanding, actually matching Cilis's outer appearance.
Seeing as he wasn't doing of any significance anyway, Kadou jumped up ran out of the dormitory with Cilis shouting in his mind to move faster. His startled MAG rose from the desk and shot after him.

===END CHAPTER FOUR===

That came out sort of sketchy, but I did it as fast as I could to get it done by tonight (EST). Please, anyone who reads this, post feedback.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-08-11 19:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-08-13 16:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-11-09 14:24 ]</font>

LadyRedComet
Aug 12, 2003, 08:20 AM
Interesting. Can't wait to find out what happens next!

Kadou
Aug 13, 2003, 07:03 PM
Chapter 5: The Quest Begins

BOOM!

Kadou appeared noisily just inside the entrance of the male residential building of the Hunters Academy. He dashed through the door and BOOM!

The school was surrounded by low power photonic barrier meant specifically to keep students capable of the ryuker technique from exiting the school during term. Because of this, Kadou could not teleport directly to the Hunters Guild from within the Hunters Academy. He appeared in the center of the entrance hall and stumbled woozily out the door with the receptionists staring after him and his MAG whining in complaint at Kadou's apparent inability to perform a proper ryuker.

BOOM!

With a concluding flare of pale green light Kadou materialized just before the entrance of the Hunters Guild. Cilis, looking more disheveled than ever, was waiting for him. Standing beside him was a human woman wearing the presumptuous clothing that most female hunters seemed to favor. In plain view a pair of daggers and a railgun were strapped to her belt. "Ok," Cilis started slowly when Kadou was within speaking range. He was using the sort of tone a plotting criminal would when telling his cohorts a plan for robbing a bank. "The teleporter to Ragol is in a separate room off to the left. There are two Hunters guarding it. I'll take care of them. I want you two to run past and enter the teleporter. The coordinates should be set to take you to the Central Dome. Wait until I'm finished and then we'll all leave together. I'll tell you more once we've arrived on Ragol."

They started into the Hunters Guild before Kadou could ask the questions which were now burning in his mind. Who was this woman with whom he was now going down to Ragol with? Why were they going to Ragol in the first place? Who exactly was Cilis? Was it possible that Kadou's father was still alive, and that they were going to search for him? Cilis did say he was a good friend of his. In the confusion from the events that took place earlier in the day, not to mention those which were happening now, Kadou didn't even realize that he was going to Ragol with a complete stranger and a man he knew only slightly better.

He ran after them into the Hunters Guild. The only people in the main lobby were the receptionist, a tall ranger sleeping in a large armchair off to the right of the room, and the two guards to the left. The woman leaped between the two guards with Kadou following closely behind. Both guards turned and drew their weapons, but before the could enter the next room, Cilis, without so much as changing expression, raised his hand and fired an incandescent ball of blazing white light into the left guard's face. The other guard turned and fired several shots aimed at Cilis's head using a lockgun. The sentry stared in horror as each photon bullet disappeared with a flash of sparks and a faint shimmering effect, much like heat waves rising from a stone on a hot summer's day. With a negligent, unnecessary gesture Cilis knocked the lockgun from the frightened man's hand using the force of his mind and walked on.

Kadou watched Cilis enter looking somewhat annoyed at having to have killed one of the men. He stopped for a moment and went to the side of the teleporter where there was a panel with which one could set the coordinates, "So they won't be able to follow us immediately," he explained. He stood there programming the machine for a moment, then paused, looked up at the others, and hit a large green button on the right of the panel. The three of them faded quickly until they were no longer there.

The sky was completely clear of clouds over the Central Dome when the three reappeared before it; more than likely an effect of the blast. Strangely, there wasn't any dust fallout or debris, nor did the Central Dome, the nearby structures and the surrounding forest show any signs of having been through an explosion. The only thing that did seem normal about this situation was that there were no living creatures to be seen, though the trio knew there were likely Hunters roaming around.

After taking in the peculiar sights, Cilis turned to Kadou and said, "Well I suppose an introduction is in order. Kadou, this is Nyala. She was at one time a Hunter." he turned to the woman. "You already know his name, Nyala, but this is Kadou, the one we've been looking for."
The woman looked at Kadou, "It's good to finally meet you, Kadou."
"Ah, it's good to meet you too," Kadou replied uneasily. The phrase 'was at one time a Hunter' didn't sit well with him. One could only cease their career as a Hunter if they couldn't pay the monthly fees to remain in the guild, if they chose to retire, or if they had committed a crime of some sort and were expelled from the Hunters Guild. To Kadou it didn't appear that Nyala was particularly dirty and her clothes didn't seem worn or old. She herself was far too young to have chosen retirement, so that only left the latter of the three.
"Well if we're quite finished, we'll want to begin or journey moving southeast," Cilis stated.
"Uh, Cilis, where exactly are we going?" Kadou asked in a quivering voice.
Cilis glanced at Nyala, then looked at Kadou. He sighed, then said, "Kadou, your father is dead." He apparently knew what Kadou was thinking.
Kadou stared at him for a long moment. He opened his mouth as though to say something, then closed it again. His eyes filled with tears upon the realization that the only remaining family he had had just disappeared. He still had his brother of course, but he and Pyrus barely knew one another.
"Come now," Cilis said, trying not to sound too severe. "There's no time for that now. You can mope around and weep all you want once we've gotten out of range of all these Hunters. Right now, we have to leave."
With this said he started southeast at a quick pace. Nyala turned to follow him, throwing a quick glance at Kadou, who was completely dumbstruck by Cilis's words. He began to follow Cilis at a slow, stiff stride, his grief slowly being pushed aside and replaced with rage at Cilis's indifference. Why didn't he care that the 60, 000 people of Pioneer I were all just annihilated in an unexplained explosion that ought to have destroyed the planet? It was irrational, of course, but Kadou suddenly felt as though he'd like nothing more than to tear Cilis to pieces with his bare hands.

Incapable of containing himself more than a few steps, Kadou charged full speed at Cilis and leapt at him from behind. Rather surprisingly, Cilis was caught completely unawares and was forced to the ground. Kadou raised his fist to thrust it futilely into Cilis's back, but Cilis rolled over, toppling Kadou, and stood up. He glared angrily down at Kadou, who was struggled to rise under the power of his psyche, but to no avail. Kadou began beating the ground pointlessly with his fists for a time, slowly applying less force until he was sprawled motionless on his stomach, sobbing quietly into the muddy earth.

Cilis let Kadou lie there for a short time until feeling that he had given him enough and harshly commanding, "Stand up." Kadou didn't respond save for a loud noise somewhere between a sniff and a snarl. Cilis apparently knew he would refuse, and so without hesitation he lifted Kadou off the ground and set him on his feet, this time using his hands rather than telekinesis. Kadou wore the expression of a defiant young schoolboy, as well as a large amount of mud over his clothing and face. He didn't say anything, though it wouldn't matter if he had, seeing as Cilis had begun instead, "Kadou, listen to me. You are not to try and attack me again, you are not to try and run away, and you certainly are not to try to contact anyone from Pioneer II or the Hunters. Your father is dead. You'll have to cope with it. Whatever you may think, I'm not a terrorist or an abductor, though I can't say I've never stolen or killed a man after what you just saw in the Hunters Guild. Actually, I'm working to keep the people of Coral alive," he paused for a moment, his sagacious grey eyes boring into Kadou's. "And as a matter of fact, I do care that Pioneer I's people died, but when you've lived as long as I have and shared my profession, you'll see that after things like this repeat themselves a few times they start to become unremarkable," he paused again, apparently trying to come up with something else to say. Kadou was horrified at the last sentence. Just how old was Cilis? "Also," Cilis started again, "I did, in fact, know your father, though we weren't as good of friends as I would have liked. I do care for his death as well as your mother's."

And so they walked through about half of the night southeast, Kadou already getting over his grief. In truth, the last time he had seen his father was about at the age of eight, just before the departure of Pioneer I. His mind was more overrun with curiosity of who Cilis was, where they were going, and why they couldn't simply use a teleporter to go wherever it was they were going. Also, why were the Hunters their enemies if they were trying to protect them and the rest of Pioneer II's citizens, and what exactly were they protecting the citizens from? About an hour or so after midnight, under the instruction of Cilis, they made camp in a small clearing in the forest surrounding the Central Dome. Cilis and Nyala took turns standing watch, though as of yet there were no signs of Hunters or any other life, save for the occasional rustling in the bushes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-11-09 14:38 ]</font>

Kadou
Aug 14, 2003, 04:51 PM
Bump?

Kadou
Aug 15, 2003, 06:52 PM
Uh, bump again? Sorry to those who might find this annoying, but I really want people to read my fic. It gives me a sense of satisfaction just to see under the Views column, '110' intead of '108'. Anyway, I have no idea how long it'll be until I do the next chapter. As of yet I haven't started it. If you do read this (or just skim through), post feedback.

EDIT: I have now started chapter 6.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-08-15 18:50 ]</font>

Kadou
Aug 15, 2003, 10:40 PM
Chapter 6: The Grim Trio

Before the sun had risen Kadou found himself being roused into wakefulness by Cilis. Sleeping on the ground had made him stiff, and he thought spitefully, and more than a bit drowsily, that he could have easily materialized a thin mattress, but Cilis had forbidden it. For what reason, Kadou did not know, but he obeyed none the less. In truth, he was surprised that he had even managed to fall asleep. He yawned audibly and stretched his arms into the air. "Alright then. I guess we ought to be going," Cilis said, trying to look through the dense trees to see the horizon.

"What about breakfast?" Nyala asked. "You don't intend to walk the whole way to wherever we're going on an empty stomach, do you?"

Cilis grunted irritably, "We are not going to waste time hunting for food. We're running late as it is."
"Late for what?" Nyala demanded, her voice rising slightly.
"We're not the only people going heading to out destination. There is someone else who is trying to get there first and it is absolutely necessary that we beat him."
"Well we're not ever going to make it if we starve. I know you could easily just create some food for us right now, so do it!"

Cilis groaned and before Kadou could blink a table had appeared, covered with various raw meats and plants. "Aren't you going to cook it?" Nyala demanded. Cilis thrust his hand toward the food and the whole table burst into flames for only a second before extinguishing itself. "That's all your getting. If you don't want it, you can go hungry." Nyala glared angrily and opened her mouth as though to say something, but the tightening muscles in Cilis's jaw apparently persuaded against it. Instead she walked over to the table and began picking at the meat. Kadou wordlessly joined her.

The journey continued through the day, and Kadou puzzled over Cilis. At first he appeared just to be a peculiar friend of Kadou's father who did not enjoy talking to people very much. Apparently that was a ploy so that Kadou would not think Cilis was a felon or some such thing. He had demonstrated abilities that were somewhat beyond those of a common force. This was not to say that there were no forces who were not capable of mentalism, but most couldn't materialize a table, organic objects of various composition, and then set fire to them without so much as blinking an eye. It was in the early afternoon when he decided he could no longer contain himself, "Er, Cilis, what exactly are you?" The question didn't come out quite the way he had meant it.

"Fresh air doesn't suit you, boy," Cilis said evenly. "I hope you're not starting to hallucinate. I can't have you going insane on me. You're far to important to what we're doing."

Kadou was somewhat startled at that answer. What could they be doing that he could be important to? "Uh, I didn't mean anything like that. It's just that you seem to be able to do things with, er thought, but more, uh, skillfully than most forces," Kadou stuttered. Cilis snorted disdainfully, "Forces are nothing like what they used to be. Way back before most people were capable of using magic, that was when we were strong. We weren't called forces then, though."

Again, Kadou began to wonder just how old Cilis was. "What were you called then?" Kadou asked.

Cilis's eyes became distant, "We didn't really have a title back then," Cilis said. He wore the expression of an old man trying only half successfully to remember his childhood. "Of course, there weren't that many of us until about a century ago." There was a pause and he swore under his breath. He tried to continue in hope that Kadou hadn't caught what he said, despite his somewhat alarmed expression, "Well, uh, most people just referred to us as wizards, or sorcerers, or some such thing. They didn't like us too much though. They, uh thought us to be demon-worshippers. We were, uh, aw damnit."

Nyala had begun listening in on the one-sided conversation, and now decided to ask the question that was prominent in Kadou's mind, "Cilis, just how old are you?"

Cilis hesitated slightly before responding, "Alright, you know I'm not a normal person and that I'm older than both your ages combined, though that's no great feat. Let's just leave at that. You don't need to know how I've stayed alive so long, nor do you need to know why; at least not yet. For now you'd probably be best off under the belief that I'm a raving lunatic. As for you, Kadou, your education begins now."

"My education?" Kadou asked confusedly.
"Yes. You'll never get anywhere in life if you go around keeping mainly to the 'techniques' they showed you in that school."
"But I don-" Kadou began before being cut off.

"I know you're capable of telekinesis and materialization, but those often come to the more skilled of your 'forces'." Cilis lectured. "Other than that, I know that all you can do is shoot lightning, fire, or ice. Oh, yes, and you can imitate, uh, what are they called? Oh yes, Mags. That's an interesting talent, though I noticed it nearly caused you to faint. Now then, you see that stone over there?"

Kadou felt almost as though he had been sent back to school, save that he was in a forest rather than a classroom. Not to mention he had a personal teacher. The rest of the day was spent learning Cilis's approach to techniques as they walked slowly through the trees. It was far different than what he had learned at the academy. Rather than applying a physical force to something, it seemed to rely heavily on an uncanny combination of telepathy and telekinesis. Ironically, though, it was much easier to perform, although the idea of what one was doing when using it was a bit more complicated. The only drawback was that, for less than a second, one's mind would be vulnerable to attack from offensive telepathists.

There was one more rule that Kadou had learned, and that was never to attempt to destroy an object, or rather, to unmake it; to cause for its existence to cease entirely. Cilis didn't explain why, but if one were to attempt this, the unleashed forces one meant for destroying an object would recoil, destroying the would-be destroyer.

The days passed slowly in this manner. Cilis was a master, Kadou the pupil, and Nyala coming along to help fend off trouble, of which they had not yet seen until their final day of walking through the enormous woodland. A small pack blue, four-legged creatures had attacked without warning. Immediately Kadou created a double saber, and by the time he had it activated two wolves had been killed. Kadou didn't make any move toward them until one of the younger, apparently less experienced of the wolves pounced at him in its inability to see that he was poised for attack. In one quick motion Kadou stepped out of its path, slashed off its front left leg, and thrust his weapon between the ribs of another wolf behind him. The others had been killed by Nyala's daggers, with which she was apparently very proficient. Attracted by the noise more animals came, though rather than wolves there were brown, two-legged creatures with small horns on their noses. A couple of them roared and they all began towards the trio. Even as these were being killed more arrived, though these new ones were larger, lighter, and had longer horns. The three fighters looked as though they were performing a complex dance; Kadou spinning and twisting with his double saber, Nyala with the quick moves of her daggers, and Cilis, who had created a pair of light, steel shortswords and was using a very archaic, though cruelly effective fighting style. By the end of the battle, blood and entrails had been strewn all around the clearing. Some few of the animals had managed to escape, but most were lying dead for other creatures to come and devour. Kadou felt exhilarated. This was the first real battle he had been in, and he felt perhaps too proud of himself the rest of the day.

They set up camp the same way they had the past few nights, though this time Cilis stood on watch the whole night.

---END CHAPTER SIX---

For those of you who have read David Eddings's work, you probably recognize the form of magic, 'sorcery', from his series "The Belgariad", and maybe "The Mallorean." This is where I give him credit, so no one can call me a plagiarist.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-08-24 17:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-11-09 14:53 ]</font>

-Z
Aug 16, 2003, 08:28 PM
Ya see the rock?
No, no ya dont see a rock. it was never there.
Ya see those woves?
*SLASH!*
youre gonna see it all over the place now ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Z on 2003-08-16 20:02 ]</font>

Feist
Aug 19, 2003, 08:57 PM
I've only read through Chapter 3 so far, but I'm enjoying the fiction quite a bit. Cilis is by far my favorite character, though I'm not sure why just yet. I'll post a more thorough review tomorrow, when I'll have the time to finish the fiction.

Kadou
Sep 2, 2003, 08:57 PM
Well, I would apologize for not getting the next chapter done, but seeing as nobody who read this before is likely anticipating it, I don't see the point. Anyway, for anyone who hasn't read it yet, the next chapter will be done by tomarrow evening, or at least it should be. If no one has noticed yet, I'm not all that great with the dialogue, so if anyone who has skill at that sort of thing wants to help, feel free to PM me.

Sagasu
Sep 3, 2003, 07:12 PM
Well its tommorow evening and its not here, get ur ass moving =]

LOL* ANyways

Powerful,very good ideas here.

keep it up Ka, K?

mr_rubbish
Sep 5, 2003, 03:51 PM
keep on trucking!

Sagasu
Sep 5, 2003, 09:38 PM
I still see no chapter, its a great story continue!

Kadou
Sep 5, 2003, 09:52 PM
Well, after a long wait, here's the next chapter. Three pages of pure nonsense, but it'll keep you entertained for a little while. There's a bit of profanity near the end there, so if you're an innocent Christian or under the age of about 10, run away and cover your eyes!

Chapter 7: The Power of Gold

Another two days passed as they walked steadily through the forest. The trees around them had become much taller and less dense. Far above the trio, their branches wove in with one another, creating a thick mat of limbs and foliage and blocking out almost all light. Kadou absently wondered what Cilis would do if he were to attempt to ryuker back to Pioneer II. Since they had out started that morning Cilis had been muttering angrily to himself, and it was when they reached a pleasantly sunny clearing that he stopped and turned around to face Kadou. "You get to learn something new today. At our current pace we’ll never make it to where we’re going in time. Instead, I thought we’d fly. Here-" he was interrupted by Nyala.

"We’re going to fly? You mean you’ll make a hover car?" she asked rhetorically. "Good. We should have done that from the start. Go on then. Do y-"

"We won’t be using a vehicle," Cilis spitefully cut her off. "I’m going to teach the boy how to change his shape. I’ll transform you, and then I’ll have to teach you both a very conventional but not often used method of flight."

"You’re going to turn me into a bird?" Nyala demanded incredulously.

"No. I’m changing you into an android," Cilis replied sardonically. Before Nyala could retort, he turned to Kadou, who was at least as bewildered as the Huntress, "Alright, I don’t think you’ll have much time to practice, so we’ll just have to use a suitable shape form the start." He paused and looked upward, apparently trying to think of such a form. After only a few seconds he lowered his achromatic stare back to Kadou’s inquisitive face. "I’d like you to imagine a peregrine falcon. Make it as-"

"Uh, Cilis," Kadou interrupted, "What’s a falcon?"

Cilis blinked, then asked, "What’s a falcon? You spent half your life on Coral and you don’t know what a falcon is? Or any other type of bird, for that matter?" He shook his head in shame and frustration. Kadou opened his mouth to speak, but Cilis began before he did, "I’m going to put an image in your head, and I want you to sort of fit yourself into it. Think of it as sucking in your stomach to pull on a pair of pants that don’t fit any more, but," he blinked. His eyes glanced quickly downward to view Kadou’s now weathered and filthy dress, the corners of his lips twitching in his attempt to suppress a smirk. Again Kadou attempted to speak, this time with the heated intent of actually doing so, but Cilis cut him short after the first couple words, "Ah, where was I? Oh yes, forget what I was saying. If you do that you’ll probably kill yourself. Rather, I think I’ll refashion you, so you know what it feels like and get the general idea. Then I think you should try it once yourself."

Before Kadou could object he felt his body begin to shrink. The image of a blue, black, and white bird flashed quickly in his mind just as the transfiguration began, and a faint ringing of small bells rang through his mind. It seemed almost as though he had become a thick liquid, like honey, or some such thing, and was slowly being poured into the shape that he had just seen. In only a matter of seconds, the melting sensation faded and was replaced with a sort of prickling, more than likely from his newly grown feathers. Though he had expected it, he looked up, nearly falling back in horror at what he saw. Staring back down at him were both Cilis and Nyala, whose eyes were bulging out of their sockets. Almost immediately, he felt as though he had become liquefied again, and was soon reverted to his natural shape.
"Alright," Cilis said, not seeming to notice Kadou’s shock at what had just been done to him, "Now I want you to try it yourself. Imagine the shape of the falcon. This time your subconscious should fill in the details, but if you ever need to change into something else, you’ll have to picture it with as much precision as possible, and more if you want it to work. I won’t give you any verbal instructions, seeing as you should be able to work it out yourself after experiencing it."

After recovering from the shock of the first few transformations, Kadou spent the next hour or so trying to get it right. The actual process of altering one’s shape was not difficult after the first two or three tries, but getting every detail of every feather on every twentieth of an inch of the bird’s body took a quite a bit of doing. Each time Kadou tried, Cilis would blandly point out that the claws were too short, or that the wing feathers were too heavy or sparse, or that the beak wasn’t hooked right. Kadou also noticed that he heard the faint ringing on every attempt. All the while Nyala stood off to one side, her eyes bulging and her face pale. She seemed to be having second thoughts about working for Cilis, however much he was paying her. At least, this was what Kadou assumed was the reason she had come along. After well over a hundred tries, Cilis circled around Kadou, inspecting for flaws, and after the fourth time around he conceded, "Good. You got it a bit faster than I did on my first attempt."

Cilis immediately seemed to break down into a sort of colorless blur. The haze slowly grew smaller, and color returned, until he was also a falcon, though his plumage, unlike Kadou’s, was entirely grey. Cilis turned his narrow, hook-beaked face toward Nyala, who looked as though she were about to run away. Before she could carry out any such idea she was also transformed in the same manner Cilis had. "Well then," the sorcerer’s voice sounded faintly in the back of Kadou’s head, "I suppose we ought to get started."

The two unwilling students spent another two hours learning to fly. The actual procedure was, unlike changing one’s shape, far more complex than Kadou had imagined. He soon understood that it required more than just flapping his wings, but once he got the hang of it he found it to be more enjoyable than anything he had ever experienced before. There was a kind of ecstasy in sailing through the golden sunlight and over the boundless see of emerald leaves that he would never be capable of explaining to anyone else. Nyala, on the other hand, seemed to be having a great deal of trouble. She couldn’t seem to allow the currents of warm air to carry her, but rather, she involuntarily beat at the air far more than was necessary, and couldn’t really seem to go any direction but forward and up.

Eventually Cilis called for them to leave, and so they departed toward the southeast. Before doing so, however, Kadou made an aesthetic touch to his form. He traveled to wherever it was they were going in the form of a peregrine falcon whose feathers were completely black, save for the tips of his wing feathers, which were pale green.

They spent almost two days in near-constant flight, stopping to rest or hunt only for short periods of time. Were he human, Kadou would have found the idea of diving down, killing a small, helpless animal and then eating it repulsive, but being in the shape of a creature seemed to bring with it the creature’s instincts and state of mind. His sharp eyes kept flicking to small movements in the treetops below, and he had to fight off urges to fly down to them and attack. He also found a great delight in deliberately plummeting toward the ground at speeds close to two hundred miles per hour and swooping up again at the last possible second, whether it be for hunting or not.

The trio flew over the seemingly endless forest as well as a small mountain range, until the trees started growing shorter and denser, and the air hotter. In the late afternoon on their second day of flight, a thin strip of greenish-blue appeared on the horizon, growing ever wider as the trio neared. When they reached the sandy coast, Cilis called for them to land, and they all were returned to their natural forms. Again Kadou noticed the distant ringing of small bells.

Without a word, Nyala immediately sat down to rest. She seemed very relieved to be human again, though Kadou felt rather disappointed himself. The both of them stared questioningly at Cilis, who had also said nothing and was now staring out past the gently rolling waves. His silver-grey eyes were distant, but his expression was hardening with anger. After several minutes he turned around in disgust, muttering to himself.

"What’s wrong?" Nyala asked, more out of boredom than any real interest.

"The damn thing is under water!" Cilis exploded at her, "This whole fucking time the place was under the god damned ocean!"

"Which god damned thing was that?" Nyala asked calmly.

Cilis didn’t reply, but turned back toward the ocean, muttering swearwords under his breath.

"What is it that you planned for us to do this whole time?" Nyala asked skeptically, "Are we here to find some sort of ship that crashed? Or perhaps," she paused, grinning archly, "The Olga Base research facility?"

Cilis turned his head sharply toward her, "How do you know about that?" he demanded.

"A client told me," Nyala replied, not seeming particularly concerned about Cilis’ apparent anger.

The sorcerer suddenly seemed to be having a very hard time controlling himself, "Tell me," he began. His voice was now quivering with suppressed fury, "I don’t suppose this ‘client’ has long red hair, does he?"

"Why yes, as a matter of fact. Is he a friend of yours?"

Cilis turned fully around, his face contorted and his eyes blazing with incipient rage. Nyala immediately drew her daggers from he belt and activated them. Without hesitation Cilis leapt at her unarmed, apparently ready to tear her apart with his bare hands. Nyala dodged to one side and began a downward thrust with her left dagger into Cilis’ back, but the sorcerer managed to dodge, though his cloak received scoring. He spun around and shoved his hand just before Nyala’s now horrified face. For a half-second all that could be seen were heat waves emanating from his palm. In this brief moment, a tall, dark figure appeared, wrapped its arms around Nyala’s petrified body, and with her, vanished. A thunderous explosion of sound filled Kadou’s mind, as though a powerful wind had just forced itself through a long, hollow, tube or cave. With a great, crackling roar, a stream of intensely hot, blue flames flared forth from Cilis’ palm and into an arriving wave. A cloud of steam and boiling water erupted upward, shrouding Cilis’ dumbstruck face.

SUSPENSE

Edit: I fixed a few typoes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-09-10 16:42 ]</font>

Sagasu
Sep 6, 2003, 09:14 PM
Man.... I like how this is sort of surpassing the storyline here, and your making your own rules, a very good thing.

Keep up the good work! I need more chapters Kadou, now!! LOL .... ... .. .

White_Knight
Oct 7, 2003, 09:12 PM
really I agree with samari sam hurry up and finsh darn you

mr_rubbish
Oct 8, 2003, 02:38 AM
well that certainly was a revelation...

Sagasu
Oct 8, 2003, 06:36 AM
Where all just sittin on the bench here waitin for kadou to come around on the guitar is what where doin.

Kadou
Oct 8, 2003, 07:39 AM
Yay! I hjave an audience. Unfortunetly I have to go to my first class of the day right now, so I won't be writing until about 5ish.

White_Knight
Oct 8, 2003, 07:47 PM
I don't think people can saythis enough but hurry up and write the next one already

Kadou
Oct 10, 2003, 05:39 PM
HA! I tricked you all into looking at this by building suspense for the next chapter. Naw, I'm just bored and suffering from writers' block, so I think I'll just scribble up some stuff to entertain myself and my audience and see what happens...

"Freddy, I don't think you should go in there," Pam said nervously, but it was too late. Freddy had already walked through the door. Pam stared after into the darkness beyond the door. "Freddy?" she asked nervously. There was a sudden, earsplitting shriek from within the shadows. It was joined by a yell of fright from Freddy for a moment before both went silent. Pam screamed and ran down the dust-filled hall...

Disorder reigned in the forsaken kingdom of Los Angeles. Thieves looted the many abandoned shops and homes, psychopaths went about killing at will with their guns and blades, Arabs and other MiddleEastern men ran around the city, randomly exploding and knocking down buildings. Amidst the chaos, one large, very large man strode silently toward his goal. He was garbed all in sleek black, and his eyes were concealed behind enormous, completely unecessary sunglasses. His most distinguishing characteristic, however, was his massive chin. Why he had been wrought with such a chin no one could explain, but the sight of it struck fear into the hearts of, well not very many people, seeing as he wasn't well known, but those who did know him fled like mice (actually, mice have almost never seemed smart enough to run away from what they fear. They usually just freeze and get eaten) upon seeing his gigantic chin. A huge, semi-automatic grenade launcher (don't ask) was held in his arms.

Suddenly a giant hamster fell down from the sky. "j00 |2 || 0b501373 |/|0d31. |'|23|'4|23 2 b d357|20y3d," it said mencacingly to the scary man. "Does not compute," the man said blankly. He raised his semi-automatic grenade launcher to fire. "|-|4 |-|4 |-|4! j00 c4||||07 d357r0y |/|3. | r 5u|'3r|0r."

The black-clothed man was about to fire when a crazy Palistinian man jumped out from an ally screaming Hindu prayers. He smacked a protruding, irregularly-shaped object under his shirt and exploded, destroying the entire city...

Ok, I'm bored. Before I stop typing, I'd just like to get a couple things in/about my fic straight. First, I'd like to make a note of pronounciations. About the only important ones so far are

Kadou CAH(as in cat)-doo(as in scooby doo)
Cilis SIHL(as in silver)-ihs(as in miss)
Nyala Nee(like knee)-AH(like on the old commercials for Mattress Giant "Ooh ah")-lah(like blah)
Zeren (Kadou's friend and roomate) ZEH(like, uh, zeh?)-rehn(like wren)
Malen (Kadou's last name) Mah(sounds like mom)-LEHN(like lense)

There was something else I was going to say, but I forgot what it was.

Edit: Thought of a few more pronounciations that might interest you guys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadou on 2003-10-10 15:49 ]</font>

mr_rubbish
Oct 10, 2003, 05:45 PM
stop http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gifing your own thread!

Kadou
Oct 10, 2003, 05:51 PM
Shut up! It's my thread so I can do whatever I want *sticks out tongue*!

Sorry, I'm just bored. But the last post wasn't spam (although this one is) because it included some stuff you might like to know near the end there. I can't remember the other thing I was going to say, damnit!

Sagasu
Oct 12, 2003, 02:51 PM
I know what you where going to say! I'm going to work VERY hard and stop being a jackass hiding behind the lame excuse that I have a writers block and get the next chapter up soon.

You have a writers block? get a hammer

Kadou
Oct 12, 2003, 02:56 PM
You read my mind.

Sagasu
Oct 12, 2003, 02:58 PM
I do that sometimes

Duela_Night
Oct 12, 2003, 07:42 PM
This book is Awesome keep it up Kadou

-Z
Oct 12, 2003, 07:52 PM
lol. ive been sitting here since you started making this. ive been here so long i thik i remember nyala's last name being shenk or something (but thats only in my own mind... ^_^)
anyways, over the while, i've noticed that although you do make good chapters, you ussually post them with very large gaps in between. i realize it takes time to make such nice shapters liek you make, but i kindly ask when you find the time to build up enough of an idea to shatter this writers block of yours, perhaps using sarunakai's hammer. in conclusion, i respect you having a life other than PSOW, but kindly ask you bring us the next chapter shortly. thank you, and have a nice day. ^_^
blah blah blah, wheres my chapter!?!? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sagasu
Oct 13, 2003, 03:38 PM
Boy -Z told you, even if in a polite way sort of speak.

But seriously, all you need to do is give yourself a kick in the ass and start writing, I have to deal with this kinda stuff 2 ya know.

Kadou
Oct 13, 2003, 06:51 PM
On 2003-10-13 13:38, Sarunakai wrote:
I have to deal with this kinda stuff 2 ya know.

I was wondering when you were going to say something like that. I've been expecting it for a while now.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif

Redfire
Oct 17, 2003, 12:24 PM
Good, good, keep on going¡¡¡¡¡ http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

White_Knight
Oct 17, 2003, 08:40 PM
really it's a very intersting fan fic and I really want to know what happens next so please stop writing random things and post chapter 8

White_Knight
Oct 18, 2003, 04:50 PM
I kind of know what your going through as well I have to come up with several names and find an element/attribute so I can start posting mine

Sagasu
Oct 18, 2003, 11:00 PM
On 2003-10-13 16:51, Kadou wrote:

On 2003-10-13 13:38, Sarunakai wrote:
I have to deal with this kinda stuff 2 ya know.

I was wondering when you were going to say something like that. I've been expecting it for a while now.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif

Yay, were all not happy now. So whats the deal? If you have given up on writing then say so, stop spamming on this damn thread every other week raising the hopes of many that A new chapter has finally arrived. If you ever hope to become a sucessful writer like myself then you just cant wait for inspiration to come around upon you. In doing so it might take you years to complete this. In the respect of your spamming and procrastinating, you are merely tarnishing your good name and excellent writing skills. Myself, I'm done complaining, I will not post on this thread again untill the next chapter is posted for I have nothing more to say.

Kadou
Oct 22, 2003, 06:09 PM
Alright. I'm almost done with Chapter 8. I still think it looks pretty bad, but I revised a few of the worst places and decided to go through with the rest. About all I need to know is one thing. In the following sentence, is the word "speak" first, second, third or no person? I think it's second, but I'm not entirely sure: "To speak in that manner is above you."

White_Knight
Oct 22, 2003, 07:21 PM
hmm I'm not really sure I didn't think that speak took on a point of veiw (shows how well I write english) anyway but yeah I don't think it takes on a person

Kadou
Oct 22, 2003, 07:58 PM
First-person: I, me, we, etc.
Second-person: You, your, etc.
Third person: he, her, they, etc.

That's putting it fairly simply, of course.

White_Knight
Oct 24, 2003, 11:47 PM
On 2003-10-22 17:58, Kadou wrote:
First-person: I, me, we, etc.
Second-person: You, your, etc.
Third person: he, her, they, etc.

I know those I just didn't know that speak took on a POV

Kadou
Oct 25, 2003, 08:28 AM
It does in Old English. I don't think you'd really like the explanation right now, though.

Anyway, I though I'd have the next chapter done by now, but as you can see, it's not. I've given up trying to make it sound reletively good and now all I'm trying to do is get it done, but I can't find enough time. I'll try today to get it done today if I can.

Kaesar
Oct 25, 2003, 05:49 PM
Very good, I hope my fanfic is as good

Tilldawn
Oct 26, 2003, 03:57 PM
dammit man post chapter 8 i was feeding my mag when i saw this and thought i need something to do so ill read this crap BUT i was wrong damn man u got me on the edge of me seat hurry up

Kaesar
Oct 26, 2003, 06:05 PM
Yeah post the next chapter

[EDIT: Do not advertise.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikosaka on 2003-10-26 19:10 ]</font>

Kadou
Oct 26, 2003, 09:21 PM
Please don't advertise on my thread. That's against the forum rules, you know.

Anyway, I'm slowly finishing up chapter eight. If you're not confused with the story now, then you definitely will be after you read the next chapter.

Tilldawn
Oct 27, 2003, 07:58 AM
who advertised?

White_Knight
Oct 27, 2003, 05:39 PM
really???????????

Kadou
Nov 9, 2003, 06:26 PM
Well, after what I'm fairly sure has been more than ten weeks, chapter eight:

Chapter Eight: The Antagonist

Kadou was stunned at what he had just seen. He stared breathlessly at Cilis, trying to grasp what had just happened. The sorcerer's clothing and face were matted to his body, and steam was rising from these. His hand was still extended toward the ocean as though he were preparing for something to spring out from the seething brine. Kadou was just about to speak when Cilis spun around, causing his wet cloak to swirl around him, "KADOU! MOVE! NOW!" he yelled. Acting purely on impulse Kadou leaped backward, narrowly dodging a descended pillar of blue flames. Sheets of fire burst outward as the column impacted the ground, thinned, and disappeared. Again relying instinctively on his combat training in the academy, Kadou ryukered a short distance away in order to avoid being burned to death. He looked around, a Double Saber now in hand, searching to find the source of the flames. Cilis also was staring upward, though he didn't actually seem to see what was there, or rather, what wasn't.

Then, without any warning, Cilis vanished and almost instantly reappeared before Kadou. Again a strange roaring noise filled Kadou?s mind and rattled his teeth. Cilis quickly raised his long metal blade as though to guard Kadou, and the student immediately saw why. A smoldering golden calibur met Cilis?s blade with great force. Wielding it was a red-haired young man wrapped in a long dark coat. Both Cilis and the red-haired man struggled against each other for a moment before the second of the two disappeared, followed by the first. Perhaps three feet away they reappeared, again with the accompaniment of a psychological detonation. Cilis, his sword held horizontally, seemed to have barely blocked the blade of his opponent, which for some reason didn't melt through his own. They disengaged for a moment before the red-haired man swung again. Cilis parried and thrust his empty hand towards his opponent?s face, firing a ball of blazing white energy. The unnamed fighter translocated, and the globe of light flew down the coast, eventually exploding against the outstretched limb of a tree. Cilis also disappeared, barely escaping being hit by a bolt of lightning.

Kadou stood frozen in place, scarcely capable of comprehending what he saw. No one at the Hunters Guild had fought at this level. Somehow the two fighters seemed to have gained a great deal of power in short lifetime, and Kadou couldn't help but wonder how. The sun began to sink below the horizon, and now all that one could see by were the numerous flashes of light or fire. Explosions randomly took place around the would-be arena; illusory creatures Kadou could remember only vaguely from his childhood on Coral met the two combatants with teeth and claws as potent as those of real beasts; waves of flame and deep shadow passed over the sandy shore; the environment seemed to change as illusions were cast all about the seaside; the earth itself rumbled and cracked under the weight of the battle. The two combatants didn't seem to pay any attention to anything other than their war, however. Apparently darkness didn't impede them in any way; nor did gravity, for that matter.

As the battle raged on the occurrences of "magic" became less frequent. The two combatants stood up to their ankles in water and foam, struggling against each other using only their physical bodies. The red-haired man wore a look of desperation. In truth, his life hinged on this battle, as well as Cilis', who now began to sink under the weight of his opponent's dimming blade. Seeing this, Kadou was filled with a sudden panic. Cilis couldn?t die. Although he wasn?t a very personal figure in Kadou's life, he was all that was standing between the homicidal, red-haired man and the boy himself, not to mention the people of Coral.

A crazed, desperate idea came to him. All doubts were suppressed, and Kadou leveled his arm, palm facing the two fighters. He concentrated every thought and effort he had on pulling in energy. Almost immediately he felt as though he?d explode, but it didn't matter.

The coated villain swiped vertically, but Cilis evaded.

A high-pitched ringing filled Kadou?s ears, soon elevating to a thunderous roar.

Cilis turned and swung his sword at his opponent's waist, but his blow was deflected and his sword was flung out of his hand.

It seemed as though all the weight of the planet were driving down on Kadou, crushing him; killing him.

The tall, malevolent figure thrust his blade forward. Cilis collapsed to the briny ground in evasion and rolled to one side until he met the edge of his own weapon, and could move no more.

Kadou focused all the energy he had received through his outstretched arm and backed what remaining conscious force he had left behind it.

The Antagonist lifted his flaming blade, his heart filled with exultant triumph.

Many unfamiliar constellations glowed in their black velvet blanket of night. In ancient times beyond memory, men saw these to be epitomes of mystic creatures, recognizing them in the night sky. Men used these heavenly images to find their way across perilous seas to new lands where they might prosper and be happy. Tonight, however, these pictures would be of no use to any lingering phantom abroad the darkened seas.

What little light that was granted by the indifferent stars dimmed nearly to invisibility, and the golden flames of the cloaked villain's sword were extinguished. The heat trapped in the sand and trees from the previous day vanished, and a frigid cool set in.

In the darkness a faint, pale green spark flickered and went out.

Kadou's arm suddenly became numb. All at once the culminated energy drove it's way out from his physical essence. It seemed that the light of day had returned as a blazing wave of heat drove itself from Kadou's palm, emanating from a globe of the purest white light. As though he weighed no more than a doll, Kadou flew several feet backward from the very force of the energy?s release. His arm and right sleeve were incinerated instantly, and the vapor was blown away too fast to be seen.

The villain stopped short even as his muscles tightened to bring the lightless calibur down on his opponent. Both the victor and the victim of the battle turned to see the incandescent sphere of light speeding towards them. With only the slightest bit of hesitation the red-haired man vanished, leaving Cilis staring in horror at the flaming orb speeding towards him.
__________________________________________________ ______

The heavens of eve were despairing, and wept they their cold tears upon the great Cathedral. A figure of grey did walk upon the path of wet stones unto the Cathedral, sheltered beneath a robe spun of grey, and cowled in the very umbrage of his consciousness.

Doors of fine wood did swing thenceforward with humility toward the extern of grey, and did replace themselves with his entry. Full was the Cathedral, full with the shaded seats of the absent. Dim light did shower through the great windows that set themselves in the forward barrier, and in a somber halo of white sat a young charge. From behind his bare shoulders did grow great wings plumed of white, and atop his head sat wisps of silvery fiber.

"Thy vessel doth await thee, my child," spake the figure of grey, though his lips parted not, and from his throat came no sound.

The child turned to look upon the figure of grey, who was stricken with uncertainty, for within the silver eyes of the child shone tears. "I have no desire to direct the vessel thou hast created for me," spake the child.

"Fie," spake lightly the figure of grey. "Knowest not thee greater? Thy solitude may be made absolute only through the following of my ambition."

"The presence of the small ones is of no great concern unto me," spake the child in somber tones. And for a time there was silence, before the child resumed, "It is thy thought I doth elude, and the thought of thy brother."

And at these words did anger grow in the figure of grey. "Knowest thee not of thy place? To evade my thought is folly, and the one thou hast chosen to call my brother is dead!"

The gaze of the child did return to cold stone that did make the floor of the Cathedral, "Thy brother is no more dead than thou," the he spake solemnly.

The anger of the figure of grey did swell to enormity, for he did bear great contempt for he who had been named his brother, whose presence could no longer be felt. "Thou wilt enter the world through thy vessel," spake the figure of grey in cold tones, "Should there be need for me to impose my will upon thee, then so be it."

And the child wept, and the heavens did weep also.
__________________________________________________ ______

Kadou stirred uncomfortably and woke up. He sat up, trying to recall the unusual dream that had only just ended.

"Good," Kadou heard Cilis' voice, "You're awake."

Kadou blinked and looked around. It seemed to be early morning, and from the North a very strong wind was blowing. Cilis was sitting atop a rotting log, and in one hand he held a bloody bundle of grey feathers, probably something he had caught while flying. Kadou decided not to ask what it was. Instead, he stood up, then blinked and looked to the east. The sun was just peaking over the horizon, glowing a soft amber. To the north, there was what seemed to be a second sun climbing halfway over the horizon, although it was a clear white in "color." The southward wind seemed to be emanating from that area.

"Uh, Cilis, why are their two suns?" he asked, somewhat bewildered and still bemused by the unusual dream.

"That one to the north isn't a sun, boy. It's the result of that little stunt you pulled a few hours ago," Cilis replied, also turning to look north.

A sudden horror welled up inside the boy. Now that he was paying more attention, he could see that the entire area around he "sun" was one enormous patch of barren dirt that was slowly expanding outward. A little farther out, there could be seen the wreckage of trees and other debris piled against those plants that were larger and had longer roots to hold them in the ground. The sea that had been there from this distance seemed to be flowing slowly outward into the ocean.

"Next time you decide to kill someone, try not to blow up some of the important things in the area," Cilis said neutrally.

"Important?" Kadou asked blankly, still gazing toward the explosion.

"Well, there's you for instance, or were you trying to kill yourself, and me while you were at it? And then of course the entire reason we came here is pretty close."

Kadou tore his eyes away from the north and brought them to Cilis. "Why'd we come here?" he asked plaintively.

Cilis didn?t reply, but merely glared at him with his cold, grey eyes. Kadou sighed and began to sit down again. It was in the subconscious motion of leaning on his hands as he was going to lower himself to the ground when he realized something some people might find rather unusual; he couldn't feel his right arm. Impulsively he looked down at it, feeling somewhat panicked, to find that it had been wrapped from palm to shoulder in white cloth.

"You burned it," Cilis said blandly, not seeming particularly concerned, "doing that." He nodded toward the "second sun".

---END CHAPTER EIGHT---

I'm still not to happy with it, but hey, that's what the "edit post" button is for.

-Z
Nov 9, 2003, 07:00 PM
hooray for more chapters! ^_^ wonder when the next'll be... or if that energy ball thingy is gonna blow up some time soon... ^_^

White_Knight
Nov 9, 2003, 07:23 PM
really new chapter more cliff hangers a great way to keep people coming

Tilldawn
Nov 11, 2003, 03:14 PM
WOOT WOOT more more http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

mr_rubbish
Nov 11, 2003, 03:40 PM
about bloody time!
just a thought... didn't Cilis mention that he was unnaturally old in a previous chapter.
I look forward to chapter 9 in January!

Kadou
Nov 11, 2003, 09:04 PM
On 2003-11-11 12:40, mr_rubbish wrote:
just a thought... didn't Cilis mention that he was unnaturally old in a previous chapter.

Er, yeah. Why do you ask?

I look forward to chapter 9 in January!

^_^; Again, sorry about taking so long with this chapter. I can guarentee the next one won't take ten weeks, although lately I haven't been able to get on the PC long enough to write anything.

Sagasu
Nov 12, 2003, 04:02 PM
Finally!! Great chap though ^_^

Havent been on the ball myself lately, but you cant reall blame me.

Friend just died in all

Omni-Man
Dec 18, 2003, 10:46 AM
A few pointers...

I'm not sure where you're going with this, but your basic story is very good; I believe we shall see greater things still from Kadou, eh?

Since this is a publicly posted story, you need'nt stress TOO hard on punctuation and grammer. The level you have exhibited currently is acceptable for your means.

I DO believe you should try to strengthen your dialogue and description a bit. I DO NOT mean add more description; rather you should make every adjective and verb COUNT. If you are going to seriously continue this (and you ought to!) invest in a meaty thesaurus; You will be able to pull up the PRECISE word you need when you need it.

It is always refreshing to see GOOD fanfiction yes? Keep it up, for I do want to read whats next.

BTW to all other posters: Writing this well takes TIME! Give the guy a break and let the muse whisper unhurriedly in his easy ear; our patience with him will not be wasted, methinks.

Sagasu
Dec 21, 2003, 07:43 AM
So when can we excpect the next chapter???

if we can excpect any at all

Kadou
Dec 21, 2003, 01:14 PM
This is the kind of commet I love.

On 2003-12-18 07:46, Omni-Man wrote:
A few pointers...

I'm not sure where you're going with this, but your basic story is very good; I believe we shall see greater things still from Kadou, eh?

I should certainly hope so. I've been playing with a few ideas for a sequil that I'll write if I ever manage to get this done. It should turn out much better than I'm expecting this one will.

Since this is a publicly posted story, you need'nt stress TOO hard on punctuation and grammer. The level you have exhibited currently is acceptable for your means.

I DO believe you should try to strengthen your dialogue and description a bit. I DO NOT mean add more description; rather you should make every adjective and verb COUNT. If you are going to seriously continue this (and you ought to!) invest in a meaty thesaurus; You will be able to pull up the PRECISE word you need when you need it.

Believe me, I'm more than capable of this. Back in the day, I used to do a lot of role-playing and whatnot over the Internet. I could type up entire pages telling about how my character scratched his nose or glanced idly around using words that sent others looking through their dictionaries for the (then-currently) next hour. I just decided that most people would probably prefer not to read through all that.

I have to admit, though, that I have been somewhat negligent with this.

It is always refreshing to see GOOD fanfiction yes? Keep it up, for I do want to read whats next.

BTW to all other posters: Writing this well takes TIME! Give the guy a break and let the muse whisper unhurriedly in his easy ear; our patience with him will not be wasted, methinks.

Well what can I say to that? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

On 2003-12-21 04:43, Sarunakai wrote:
So when can we excpect the next chapter???

if we can excpect any at all

I honestly have no idea. As I've said a couple times already, I haven't gotten the amount of time I need on the computer to type it up, and I really hate actually writing with a pen and paper, as rediculous as that sounds.

Sagasu
Dec 22, 2003, 09:11 PM
Dont worry about the pen and paper, I'd rather die than write with that stuff *shivers* Besides the computer has spellcheck/can beat that for me ^_^

Xero_Silvera
Mar 24, 2004, 04:10 PM
Wow. I just read all 8 chapters and thats the basic word to describe it! you have very good writing potential, no doubt. i love the character designs and descriptions.. but wheres the goofy RAmar that always hits his teammates instead of the booma? every fanfic needs one >.< anyways, you definatley caught my attention, keep up the great work, i will bookmark this thread, lol.
-xero
PS: Go FOmar, its yur birfday, we gon party like its yur birfday!

Kadou
Mar 24, 2004, 05:28 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif You had to bump this didn't you? I was hoping to get away with abandoning it quietly.

Thanks, though, for the complements. I do plan on starting another series sometime, though exactly when I can't say.

Skett
Mar 24, 2004, 05:48 PM
You were going to abandon this story? Well, you could have posted that you were not going to write for it anymore, y'know, for the readers.

By the way, it might help if you took the link to the story out of your sign. Just a suggestion.

Kadou
Mar 24, 2004, 05:52 PM
The reason I never posted anything was because I wasn't sure if I would come back to it or not.

And I needed a reference in case I ever decide to come back to it, hence the siggy.

mr_rubbish
Mar 24, 2004, 06:00 PM
You want my opinon?

Abandon this story, your love for it has gone.

Instead write that Ignatious/Ridley epic that burns in your soul! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kadou
Mar 24, 2004, 07:27 PM
Rubbish, you're surprisingly close to what I'm going to write. Unfortunetly, if Ignatious is in it at all, he won't be a major character.