PDA

View Full Version : MAG farmer here, i am going crazy...need help

-LordNikon-
Jul 31, 2003, 04:47 PM
ok here is the story. I started growing a mag on my HUcast, i grew it into a Varuna. I grew it till it was Lv34. Then i started an Offline game, and gave the mag to my RAcast. And grew it to Lv35.....however it didn't change into a RAcast mag, its changed into a Marutah! Ok so i kept growing it and then it changed into a Bihrava! Its growing according to my HUcast even though I am still growing it with my RAcast.

So GC mag growing has changed since DC? you can't pass the mag over to another char and have it evolve according to that chars class?

And another question is....if this is true, what happens if I am growing a RARE mag? If I start the mag on one character and then finish growing it on another character, which characters sectionID and char class apply when growing the rare mag????

tiltnkirby26
Jul 31, 2003, 05:09 PM
Some classes have the same mag because of id and class. It possible that thats the case.

-LordNikon-
Jul 31, 2003, 05:18 PM
OK yea i jsut checked some stuff nad the Bhirava corresponds. However why would it change to a Marutah thats a Hunter mag...not even anywhere in the Ranger evolutions.

Does a mag need to be grown a vertain number of Lv's before it assigns itself to it's new owner?

Soukosa
Jul 31, 2003, 05:46 PM
The level 35 evolution follows the class that evolved it at lv 10.

Stalfos333
Jul 31, 2003, 06:07 PM
Ugh! Why did a "Mag Farmer" let it get such a crappy pblast at level 10? If you expect them to be used, you HAVE to give it to a Ranger at level 10.

-LordNikon-
Jul 31, 2003, 07:07 PM
On 2003-07-31 16:07, Stalfos333 wrote:
Ugh! Why did a "Mag Farmer" let it get such a crappy pblast at level 10? If you expect them to be used, you HAVE to give it to a Ranger at level 10.

First, this has nothing to do with my original question.

Second, I can raise my mags however I want.

Third, sorry not everyone is as 1337 as you are.

----------

Anyways now to get back on topic "Kalonera", what if i grow a mag with another character according to the specifications of a FO to get a sato and then give that mag to a FO and then evolve it to 100. Will it evolve into a sato?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -LordNikon- on 2003-07-31 17:09 ]</font>

Soukosa
Jul 31, 2003, 07:47 PM
On 2003-07-31 16:07, Stalfos333 wrote:

The starting PB for RA mags isn't the only useful PB you can get there. Farlla can do more damage than Pilla in certain circumstances and Leilla can be quite useful at times as well. But really, Farlla would be more useful that Estilla most of the time, since enemies tend to not form a straight line for you to have a Dolphin plow through.

LifeOnTheEdge
Jul 31, 2003, 08:34 PM
In my opinion, Leilla is useless. Why not just use resta? You could use resta, and then save the PB for when you really need. But hey, that's just my opinion...

Soukosa
Jul 31, 2003, 09:08 PM
In a 4 way PB chain, Lellia could exceed the power of lv 30 Resta.

Stalfos333
Jul 31, 2003, 10:50 PM
I'm sorry, but all of your questions had been answered. I had no reason to repeat what they said, but if you so request it...

The second evolution follows the first, and evolves as if still on the character who evolved it first. Only the second. So, your third evolution and version 3 mag can all be raised by giving it to the character class you want just before evolution.

I make no claims of being "1337", I simply expect that those who call themselves "Mag farmers" have raised a number of mags. Farlla seems exceptionally weak, compared to Estlla. Also, the range of Estlla is better, and it really isn't hard to line up enemies. They aren't remarkably smart, and running lines them up pretty neatly behind you. Pilla...is Resta. Star Atomizer can do the same, and doesn't take a half hour to get.

Lucas2k4
Jul 31, 2003, 11:00 PM
Pilla isn't resta. o_O

Stalfos333
Jul 31, 2003, 11:13 PM
I meant Leilla. Sorry. Pilla is actually a pretty good blast, if you are trying to weaken a room and don't mind being in the middle of it.

-LordNikon-
Aug 1, 2003, 02:34 AM
On 2003-07-31 20:50, Stalfos333 wrote:
The second evolution follows the first, and evolves as if still on the character who evolved it first. Only the second. So, your third evolution and version 3 mag can all be raised by giving it to the character class you want just before evolution.

Thank you this helped a lot.

Personally i grow mags with at lease 2 PB's that have a close proximity attack, my main characters are Hunters and I use PB's typically when i am surrounded and need to weaken the enemies in the immediate area.