PDA

View Full Version : I'm having an argument with friend about item finding...

Splitter
Jul 31, 2003, 06:14 PM
Is it possible to find a diska of braveman from the little moth things on ultimate? I'm saying it's not, cause you find it from the sac mothvist things. one day i found a diska of braveman and he was there. he said i found it from little moth things. i showed him the item finding thing. (i'm a whitil by the way) and he said it must be a miss print. WRONG! prove me right. unless my game is screwed up...

Razor_Burn
Jul 31, 2003, 06:19 PM
It might be a missprint (Though I highly doubt it) or you could have discovered a new way of obtaining it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Razor_Burn on 2003-07-31 16:23 ]</font>

Stalfos333
Jul 31, 2003, 06:20 PM
While I can't remember the nest dropping anything, ever, I know that the wasps drop normal items. My vote is for your friend.

ShadowCaster
Jul 31, 2003, 06:31 PM
Sorry, but so Far I have found rares from both. The sac thing I got a Mahu, and the moth thing I got P Drop, my friend says he found a slicer of assassain but I think he meant diska of Braveman cause he was talking about it color, so I think who ever said you can find it from the moths is right

Soukosa
Jul 31, 2003, 06:51 PM
Mothvists (and Reconboxes) don't have a rare drop for any difficulty or section ID.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Jul 31, 2003, 07:08 PM
yeah, the nests don't drop anything, sorry

excecutor
Jul 31, 2003, 07:42 PM
sorry guys, i have found a dragon slayer from a nest. i am sure of this as i had killed all the little bugs, i have also found one from the bugs. this leads me to beleive that the bugs and nests have the same drops, anyways, i have found dragon slayers on my yellowboze ID from both and i am sure that i am not wrong.

Soukosa
Jul 31, 2003, 07:51 PM
The rare drop table file I have for ver. 3 has nothing listed for the nest and 0 percent drop rate. It could be that the game is setup so the nest follows the settings for the Mothverts, but I'd have to see a drop from a nest before I'd really follow that.

excecutor
Jul 31, 2003, 07:55 PM
well i dont kno, but i am 100% sure of what i found, and i found 2 dragon slayers from both bug and nest.

Soukosa
Jul 31, 2003, 08:01 PM
Well, I'll look into it. There's plenty of things in table that need some looking into as well. Such as the bosses being list with a 100% drop rate, when I know for a fact that they don't have a drop rate that high. There's also place holders for what I'm guessing are for Pig Rays and Ul Rays, of course, they have no rare drops, but maybe I can have someone with a modded XBox try out a changed file to see if the game follows this table as much as one would think.

Splitter
Aug 1, 2003, 02:37 AM
I'm a whitil if that helps at all. here at pso world in the item findins page, it shows that whitil find diska of braveman from mothvist. and to my knowledge the mothvist is the nest. and i have seen my friend find a rare from the nest and yes,i was right there when it happened. saw it with my own two eyes!

VulpesMundi
Aug 1, 2003, 05:42 AM
Nests NEVER drop items. Period. It's been that way since the very beginning of PSO on the Dreamcast. If you found an item it was dropped by the mosquitos or some other enemy that was running by.

I repeat: Nests NEVER drop items.

Dan_theUltimate
Aug 1, 2003, 05:48 AM
I agree with VuplesMindi.

The sac might have been covering up the box.

Tsudo_Plat
Aug 1, 2003, 11:23 AM
On 2003-08-01 03:42, VulpesMundi wrote:
Nests NEVER drop items. Period. It's been that way since the very beginning of PSO on the Dreamcast. If you found an item it was dropped by the mosquitos or some other enemy that was running by.

I repeat: Nests NEVER drop items.

They DO drop items, just not rares.

I know for a FACT that the mothverts drop rares because thats how I got my first Storm Wand: Indra http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Splitter
Aug 1, 2003, 12:17 PM
In the item findings page it says i get the braveman diska from mothvists. go look at it if you don't believe me. I'm whitil

Soukosa
Aug 1, 2003, 12:31 PM
That's a mistake. It should Mothvert and not Mothvist.

Splitter
Aug 1, 2003, 10:33 PM
well, all i can think is that a mothvert passed by when i killed it. hmmm, what are they odds? but wait, on the whitil page it says it isn't possible for a mothvert to drop anything for whitil. if it's a miss print...somebody better get that fixed...

fenixthahunter
Aug 2, 2003, 08:37 AM
nest drops things !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yelloboze --------> dragon slayer how sweet.
i am sure about it, only a rappy runs through it.
i should get a cross scar then. lucky not http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

eXo
Aug 2, 2003, 03:15 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid&sectionid=10&version=v3

Splitter
Aug 2, 2003, 08:48 PM
Thank you for putting that link. that's the one i've been talking about. and if it is a miss print or something like that. someone needs to get that fixed. and check for other mistakes...very miss leading...painful searching...

Monomate
Aug 2, 2003, 10:25 PM
2 confirmations...

Monomate
Aug 2, 2003, 10:28 PM
i dunno if a mothvisit can drop anything...i suppose it's possible...i mean...a recobox dropped me a dimate today...not sure what that has to do with anything...but...

theory...
Mothvisits have same drops as Mothverts with lower drop rate...

i dunno...it sounds good...besides...it is possible to kill all the mothverts and then kill the nest so there wouldn't be a chance of a mistake...i dunno...i'd check it out...but im only in VHard right now...

VulpesMundi
Aug 3, 2003, 03:40 AM
Guess I have to say it again. Nests NEVER drop items.

I usually don't throw around how long I've been playing this game as an example, but this time it's necessary. I've been playing PSO from version 1 since February 1st of 2001. A nest has NEVER dropped an item in over 2 1/2 years. Nests NEVER drop items.

Confirms on a list don't mean jack. Too easy for there to be mistakes. And for the record I checked that link and it says the 2 confirms for the Diska of Braveman on Whitill are dropped by the Mothvert, the mosquito, not the Mothvist. Go look at any drop list on any PSO website and you'll see that even they acknowledge that nests NEVER drop items (with the exception of PSO Chartz Web in the Ultimate Forest - they have the Mothvist and Mothvert rows backwards).

On 2003-08-02 06:37, fenixthahunter wrote:

i should get a cross scar then. lucky not http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mothverts, the mosquitos, drop Dragon Slayers for Yellowboze in the Ultimate Forest. You killed a Mothvert next to a Mothvist and the box dropped under/behind the sack where you couldn't see it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-08-03 02:00 ]</font>

Tsudo_Plat
Aug 3, 2003, 02:34 PM
On 2003-08-03 01:40, VulpesMundi wrote:

I usually don't throw around how long I've been playing this game as an example, but this time it's necessary. I've been playing PSO from version 1 since February 1st of 2001. A nest has NEVER dropped an item in over 2 1/2 years. Nests NEVER drop items.

Confirms on a list don't mean jack. Too easy for there to be mistakes. And for the record I checked that link and it says the 2 confirms for the Diska of Braveman on Whitill are dropped by the Mothvert, the mosquito, not the Mothvist. Go look at any drop list on any PSO website and you'll see that even they acknowledge that nests NEVER drop items (with the exception of PSO Chartz Web in the Ultimate Forest - they have the Mothvist and Mothvert rows backwards).

Mothverts, the mosquitos, drop Dragon Slayers for Yellowboze in the Ultimate Forest. You killed a Mothvert next to a Mothvist and the box dropped under/behind the sack where you couldn't see it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-08-03 02:00 ]</font>

OMG, big freaking deal! I started playing Version 1 about 2 months after it came out and I've been playing since. I was one of the first ppl to come up with all that wacky hacked items and stuff for Version 1. I don't give a crap what you think or say. I have gotten countless amounts of Meseta from Nests, I know this because I usually kill all the mosquitos before going for the nest.

Oh and yes Meseta does count as an Item due to the fact that its in:

Item Pack > Items

So VulpeMundi if you don't believe me then try it out for yourself. Play in Normal Forest and kill one, then watch as you realize that you just got PUNKED.

Soukosa
Aug 3, 2003, 03:29 PM
The table within the game that controls the drop rate of the enemies has 0% for Monest/Mothvist for both episodes. But, like I said earlier, it could be that that spot is just a place holder for it and the game could use the settings for Mothmants/Mothverts instead. I'll see if I can get some help from a person with a modded XBox so I can determine what the game uses.

Jazhara
Aug 4, 2003, 01:04 PM
On 2003-08-03 12:34, Tsudo_Plat wrote:

On 2003-08-03 01:40, VulpesMundi wrote:

OMG, big freaking deal! I started playing Version 1 about 2 months after it came out and I've been playing since. I was one of the first ppl to come up with all that wacky hacked items and stuff for Version 1. I don't give a crap what you think or say. I have gotten countless amounts of Meseta from Nests, I know this because I usually kill all the mosquitos before going for the nest.

Oh and yes Meseta does count as an Item due to the fact that its in:

Item Pack > Items

So VulpeMundi if you don't believe me then try it out for yourself. Play in Normal Forest and kill one, then watch as you realize that you just got PUNKED.

Complete BS. Vulpes knows what he's talking about.

Plenty of us have been playing this game for over 2 years or more - difference is far too many shout their mouths off without learning facts.

Nests do. not. drop. items.

Ever.

Rpgplayer
Aug 4, 2003, 01:09 PM
I've been playing this game about 1,5 years, and the nest never dropped me a thing.

Lucas2k4
Aug 4, 2003, 01:26 PM
I got Meseta from one once...

Octavian
Aug 4, 2003, 02:16 PM
fjshdfkjhsdfhkshdf

I've been playing for 8 months. Nests. Dont. Drop. Anything.

Lucas2k4
Aug 4, 2003, 02:34 PM
Except for meseta. For me.