PDA

View Full Version : Shawshank

Aredhel
Jul 31, 2003, 11:07 PM
The Shawshank Redemption. I know it's an old movie (The 90's, pfft) but I just saw it again on TV and remembered that it is one of the finest films ever made- I can't believe I forgot! Anyways, the reason for me sharing this with you is to hopefully implore those of you who haven't seen it to go and see it - you owe it to yourself as a human being. If you have seen it what did you think of it? Does anyone deserve to be caged, even if they commit a crime against society? Is imprisonment really about rehabilitation or is it about punishment? Which is right?

(keep it impersonal - I don't want this locked http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aredhel on 2003-07-31 21:07 ]</font>

ginko990
Aug 1, 2003, 12:41 AM
I own this movie on DVD, w00t.

havnt watched it in a while, but yea, its on my favorites.

rena-ko
Aug 1, 2003, 07:02 AM
oh, thats my favorite movie after a steven king book. this and misery.

well, yes, i think thats the whole idea behind prisons. its not supposed to be a paradise. more than a hell. thing is just that most people dont learn from being hell, they just adapt to it and never go for a better life afterwards. and on the other hand, society doesnt give them much chances to change once they're set free again.

jediknight007
Aug 1, 2003, 11:11 AM
I have seen the film a couple of times and although it was good, I think some of the content was disgusting. Well, at least it reveals the true reality inside those prisons and should put people off.

When I first saw it in school, one of my classmates who liked acting tough said 'I wouldn't mind spending a week in a prison like that. I can handle it'. He is so stupid...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jediknight007 on 2003-08-01 09:12 ]</font>

smallfry
Aug 2, 2003, 02:56 AM
best part is when he had to crawl through shit...that was funny...lol

pixelate
Aug 2, 2003, 03:02 AM
I want some of those posters. >__<

http://mitglied.lycos.de/HelmutSteinle/PIFICONS/rita-hayworth-portrait-01.jpg

TangledWeb3917
Aug 2, 2003, 02:00 PM
I agree it has to be one of the best films ever made ... it has everything ... even a huge suprise ending lol due to me being poor i have yet to get it on dvd but its on my to do list http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

SubstanceD
Aug 2, 2003, 02:13 PM
Likewise I agree that is one the best movies I have ever seen, the funny thing is that as good as the movie is I very rarely count it amongst my favorite films because it just always slips my memory, like I forget that the movie ever existed. The ending is classic.

Twadz060
Aug 3, 2003, 12:45 PM
It's definitely one of the best made films ever, but it goes for too long without anything major happening. I'm more of an action fan. I love it when the prisoner tells the guard how he can save money, so in return the guard beats the snot out of those nasty weirdos.