PDA

View Full Version : Help. Jack-O

Blaster
Jul 31, 2003, 11:34 PM
I need some help here. Someone online gave me a Jack-O"Lantern that she suppposely found and is not duped. She told me to hit the start button and then B and X at the same time to open it. I don't know what to do or if what she said is correct, but I DON'T want to lose my character if something weird happens. Please tell me how to use this item. Bit. my sister Kat said you know all, so if you could imput your opinion I would be thrilled. Everyone please help.

Stalfos333
Jul 31, 2003, 11:37 PM
It's a dupe. You can find Jack O Lanterns once a year, Halloween, and anyone who went throught the trouble of finding a rare rappy online on that certain day isn't going to just leave it sitting around. It SHOULDN'T mess up your game, so all you have to do is use it. I'd do it in offline to get the cell of my choice if I cared to use the dupe, but...*shrugs*

Lucas2k4
Jul 31, 2003, 11:38 PM
Bit isn't availible right now so I will be serving you tonight. When you select it on the screen it should just say "Use" or "Open". At least I think, I've never had one.

Orange_Coconut
Jul 31, 2003, 11:41 PM
Nothing uses such a silly procedure to open, if someone tells you something like that then don't even think about what they just told you :/

But anyways, to open the Jack-O-Lantern you just go into your Item Pack and use it. Chances are it is a dupe but there's no way of telling really, so if dupes are the problem then just get rid of it I guess.

kat
Jul 31, 2003, 11:50 PM
Duh, the thing is duped. The question remains... what did doing her suggestion have to do with anything?

and, since there are several mag options for him... any suggestions?

PS - Lucas2k4 - you're no subistitute for Bit. That was the most vague 'advice' I've seen in some time. No offense meant, though its true

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kat on 2003-07-31 21:51 ]</font>

UltimateEnigma
Jul 31, 2003, 11:51 PM
On 2003-07-31 21:38, Lucas2k4 wrote:
Bit isn't availible right now so I will be serving you tonight. When you select it on the screen it should just say "Use" or "Open". At least I think, I've never had one.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

i coudlnt help laughing..sorry for the spam http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Lucas2k4
Jul 31, 2003, 11:57 PM
On 2003-07-31 21:50, kat wrote:
Duh, the thing is duped. The question remains... what did doing her suggestion have to do with anything?

and, since there are several mag options for him... any suggestions?

PS - Lucas2k4 - you're no subistitute for Bit. That was the most vague 'advice' I've seen in some time. No offense meant, though its true

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kat on 2003-07-31 21:51 ]</font>

It's not my fault he's out helping his dad build a shed, sheesh, show some......respect. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Soukosa
Aug 1, 2003, 12:03 AM
To summerize all of the above. Select the item in the item pack and select "Use" and it will become a randomly selected mag cell, if you don't get the one you want, you can reset the game offline and it will go back to be a Jack. She probably told you hit Start + B + X since that does the same thing as hitting the reset button. Also, relax a bit on Bit's friend, he's only trying to help out.

Lucas2k4
Aug 1, 2003, 12:07 AM
Yes people listen to the girl. It's not my fault I'm not Bit now is it? Thanks Kalonera. ^_^

Orange_Coconut
Aug 1, 2003, 12:29 AM
I forgot all about soft-reset ^_^;;

Anywho, Kalonera is correct. It's pretty much so you can get the Mag Cell that you desire.

Blaster
Aug 1, 2003, 12:32 AM
[quote]
thanks for your help everyone!

Jazhara
Aug 1, 2003, 05:23 AM
On 2003-07-31 21:37, Stalfos333 wrote:
It's a dupe. You can find Jack O Lanterns once a year, Halloween,

Not quite true - if you have JP PSO 1.1, you can get them anytime.

NeoLon
Aug 1, 2003, 11:07 AM
i wish i had a jack-o-lantern....OH CHAO MAG! So close yet so far away!

Atax
Aug 1, 2003, 12:11 PM
Like Jazhara said. Us JP Ver.1.1 players can get them legit anytime we want.

It's a dupe. You can find Jack O Lanterns once a year, Halloween, and anyone who went throught the trouble of finding a rare rappy online on that certain day isn't going to just leave it sitting around. It SHOULDN'T mess up your game, so all you have to do is use it. I'd do it in offline to get the cell of my choice if I cared to use the dupe, but...*shrugs*

^

Why the hell do people keep assuming that they are droped? Don't say how it works unless you've actually experienced it, never assume.

This is how it works; A quest pope up for about a fortnight, in which when you complete the quest, you got 4 cakes, 1 to keep and 3 to trade. Each player could only get the one type of cake, no matter how many time you completed the quest (IE I could only get pumpkin cheese cake, while someone else might only get plain cheese cake).

What you had to do was trade cakes so that you had 8 different varieties of cake. You then went down to the beech and traded the 8 kinds of cake to one of the Hallow Rappies (all the Hallo Rappies in the quest are NPCs), who would in return give you a Jack-O'-Lantern.

Jazhara
Aug 5, 2003, 08:31 AM
On 2003-08-01 10:11, Atax wrote:
Like Jazhara said. Us JP Ver.1.1 players can get them legit anytime we want.

^

Why the hell do people keep assuming that they are droped? Don't say how it works unless you've actually experienced it, never assume.

This is how it works; A quest pope up for about a fortnight, in which when you complete the quest, you got 4 cakes, 1 to keep and 3 to trade. Each player could only get the one type of cake, no matter how many time you completed the quest (IE I could only get pumpkin cheese cake, while someone else might only get plain cheese cake).

What you had to do was trade cakes so that you had 8 different varieties of cake. You then went down to the beech and traded the 8 kinds of cake to one of the Hallow Rappies (all the Hallo Rappies in the quest are NPCs), who would in return give you a Jack-O'-Lantern.

Hmmm. Holiday rappy drops are a real pain in the azz to get, I can't see many people having them for trade - you won't see many people prepared to give away thier Christmas Presents. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Jack 'Os are a bit different, they're only rare to non JP version players.