PDA

View Full Version : What I Did To Acquire PSO...

Khan
Mar 22, 2001, 04:05 AM
This is just a description of how I acquired PSO. Anyone else with a tale of this sort, feel free to reply with it.

First of all, I'm in high school. I don't have a job (yet), but am getting one in a few weeks. I own a PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and Nintendo 64 (among other handhelds and older systems). Ever since I began reading previews about PSO a few months ago, I knew I had to own this game. Around mid-February, I began to save money. Because I have no source of income, I simply did not eat lunch at school and saved the money. This equals only a few dollars a day. By doing this I intended to buy a Dreamcast. I asked my mom two weeks ago if she would buy me PSO if I made straight A's (something I rarely do). She agreed to it, somewhat skeptical I assumed. Last week, I counted my money from fasting during school hours; a measly $60. "Only 2/3 the price of the Dreamcast" I reminded myself in dismay. So what next? I now must sell my beloved PlayStation ( http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1223549343 ). Not a big deal, right? I have a PS2. Well, sure. It isn't a big deal, but does have some sentimental value. So Monday, I got my report card. 99... 94... 96... 93!! ONE B!! And only one point from an A! This, of course, will ruin my deal with Mom. So I went to the teacher and BEGGED for her to give me the .3 points needed for an A. She said that she was unable to change it now but would write on my report card that it was only .3 points from an A. So I take it to my mom. She's VERY happy as usual. So yesterday (Tuesday), I remind her about the deal to buy me PSO. Instead of what I would expect - claiming I didn't actually make honor roll - she does something even worse. She claims to have never agreed to this deal. Hmm. Now what? Well, now I must also sell my Nintendo 64 and all it's accessories and games, including a golden edition cartridge of Zelda: Ocarina of Time AND golden holographic cartridge of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

My quest to acquire PSO has not been a fun one, but I hope the game will make up for it. So, after starving myself for a month and selling my two most beloved possessions, I am supposed to be purchasing the Dreamcast and PSO tomorrow night. As to whether or not this is true, I shall later reveal. Then I remembered just hours ago that I need a VMU. It would also be a good idea to buy a keyboard. So now I have to figure out a way to scavenge up the forty of so dollars in 24 hours. Hehe, anyone wanna help me by donating through PayPal?? (Just kidding).

Well anyway, I MIGHT be playing PSO by tomorrow night. But then again, probably not. Then there are the issues of trying to connect to play online... *shudder*

Oh well. I hope to see some of you soon, after I've leveled up of course. Maybe some of you can relate to my story? If so, post a reply and top my ventures.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Khan on 2001-03-22 01:06 ]</font>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Khan on 2001-03-22 01:09 ]</font>