PDA

View Full Version : Xbox GameShark, is it happening ?

ExoZero
Aug 1, 2003, 08:33 AM
Are we auctually going to get a gs for xbox for the love of god O.O
Im tired of the shitty Action Replay which only does stupid gamesaves please let there be salvation

DesertFox
Aug 1, 2003, 01:20 PM
I smell a flame war coming...

Barubary6
Aug 1, 2003, 01:29 PM
It's impossible - that's the only reason the cheat companies are resorting to save game cheating.

-- Barubary

Jkid
Aug 1, 2003, 02:19 PM
On 2003-08-01 11:29, Barubary6 wrote:
It's impossible - that's the only reason the cheat companies are resorting to save game cheating.

-- Barubary

Yes,but some people have already using Action Replay(aka Gameshark) to dupe items and weapons.

Sad,but true.

primer567
Aug 2, 2003, 03:04 PM
I dont know what that fake Barubary runs around here. Stop stealing someone identity! Anyways, save game files are encrypted so good luck editing them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

SteveXE
Aug 3, 2003, 10:19 AM
Microsoft wouldnt give Datel persmission to run code on xbox, and since xbox uses DRM it would be a violation of the DMCA to run unsigned code (like dreamcast, ps2 gameshark) on xbox. You will never see a retail cheat device for xbox, id be willing to be the reason for that is a combo of two things. 1 being if a company can run unsigned code then there is an obvious flaw in the system (like dreamast/ps2) and boot disks that act like an eternal mod chip can be created. 2nd they want to keep xbox live as secure and cheat free too.

Ruined
Aug 3, 2003, 01:42 PM
No. The worst you will see for XBOX is savegame editing. A device such as the Gameshark/AR seen on PS2/GC would be illegal to manufacturer for XBOX without MS' permission and signature, and MS certainly would *not* give permission/sign such a device.

On one of the other forums I predicted that PSO GC would be ruined by cheating once Gameshark came out for it, and now it appears that is happening.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruined on 2003-08-03 11:43 ]</font>

Barubary6
Aug 3, 2003, 07:58 PM
On 2003-08-02 13:04, primer567 wrote:
I dont know what that fake Barubary runs around here. Stop stealing someone identity! Anyways, save game files are encrypted so good luck editing them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

People use the save copier to do just that, copy saves. They don't use it to hack. All you need is the ability to copy saves to duplicate items.

-- Barubary

Toast
Aug 3, 2003, 08:43 PM
not to worry AR on xbox does not support PSO and none of the saves will work and will not be admitted on the code junkies site. They do not support AR for any "Online" game, so no cheaters on any game, CHEERS

ExoZero
Aug 5, 2003, 08:11 PM
Im gettin really tired of microsoft actin like a mutha fuckin pimp but honestly they should allow madcatz to make one since practically it wouldnt auctually be a mod chip and since its like only 40.00 for ps2 and gameshark it just might cut down on sales of modchips as they cost a lot... well for me they do but for you guys their probably penny candy

LilWashu
Aug 10, 2003, 11:45 PM
On 2003-08-05 18:11, ExoZero wrote:
Im gettin really tired of microsoft actin like a mutha fuckin pimp but honestly they should allow madcatz to make one since practically it wouldnt auctually be a mod chip and since its like only 40.00 for ps2 and gameshark it just might cut down on sales of modchips as they cost a lot... well for me they do but for you guys their probably penny candy

I heard that AR is being sued by Xbox and someone else I think. Anybody else here this??

Solidus_Snake
Aug 10, 2003, 11:51 PM
The AR does allow some stuff for PSO but if MS is sueing AR then good i honestly do not like the fact that cheat devices are ruining online games like so

primer567
Aug 11, 2003, 12:24 AM
Microsoft digitally signed AR to be produced so they arent sueing(sp?) them.

Z-Death
Aug 11, 2003, 04:14 PM
Dont ask such noob questions dude, GO TO GAMESHARK.COM AND LOOOK UR SELF

AlexTheGr8
Aug 11, 2003, 05:37 PM
cheating is for losers. I just steal.