PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy mem card

Shimarisu
Aug 1, 2003, 10:37 AM
My FOmar, Arion (lvl 124), and my FOnewearl Phase (lvl 67) are both on a dodgy mem card. Over the past few days I've got the "This memory card is corrupt or formatted for a different territory" message 7 times. Each time I can get it working again, but it seems to be a matter of time. For all those who are no doubt about to ask, it's a Nintendo 59 block mem card, UK card on a UK system, UK copy of the game. It does not appear to be ST's fault, but Nintendo's.

All those who know me, this is the reason I am offline. I've been doing power levelling for the pair of them. I suppose it's crazy because they are likely going to die on me, but this way I guess I can get as much out of them item wise before they go. I don't really want to go online for now because this way I get to keep everything they find, and I don't want to use a dodgy memcard online - it's even more of a risk. Despite being legit up until this point I got some king mechguns, and I will recreate them on my USB card as soon as they go using box and canabine tricks. I wish I'd had the card before I made them, but I suppose now I've got it is is not a complete disaster. I just don't have the kind of time to be making them again from scratch without resorting to easy methods. For now I am using up my online time for the PSO ep 3 beta (for which I recreated Arion, another version of him that will die after beta testing is over).

If I change my mind and you see either of them online, wish me luck. Let's hope I can get to lvl 200 without using box trick before the card dies.

- Shimarisu

lordinviso
Aug 1, 2003, 10:39 AM
I think all you have to do is pull the card out and put it back in and it will work fine.

LoreSeeker
Aug 1, 2003, 10:52 AM
Couldn't you just move all of the stuff to a different memory card?

satoshi1
Aug 1, 2003, 01:37 PM
On 2003-08-01 08:52, LoreSeeker wrote:

No, you can't move PSO data.

That's exactly what happened to my memory card 251.. Just keep taking it out and putting it back in and it'll work fine..

Outrider
Aug 1, 2003, 04:07 PM
On 2003-08-01 11:37, satoshi1 wrote:

On 2003-08-01 08:52, LoreSeeker wrote:

No, you can't move PSO data.

That's exactly what happened to my memory card 251.. Just keep taking it out and putting it back in and it'll work fine..

Eeesh... That's not the clearest advice to give. Make sure you're not taking out the memory cards at the wrong time, as that's a sure-fire way to erase everything. Also, repeatedly pulling out the card and putting it back in is also bad. Perhaps it's like old Nintendo cartridges... blowing into them to make them work was the worst possible thing to do, but everybody did it because it worked. Just be careful.

lordinviso
Aug 2, 2003, 12:22 AM
On 2003-08-01 14:07, Outrider wrote:

Eeesh... That's not the clearest advice to give. Make sure you're not taking out the memory cards at the wrong time, as that's a sure-fire way to erase everything. Also, repeatedly pulling out the card and putting it back in is also bad. Perhaps it's like old Nintendo cartridges... blowing into them to make them work was the worst possible thing to do, but everybody did it because it worked. Just be careful.

No its perfectly fine. If the screen coming up says the data is corrupted and needs to be formatted pulling out the card and placing it back in only resends the data correcting the problem. And it does not damage teh card in any way.

Soukosa
Aug 2, 2003, 02:03 AM
You could try cleaning the contacts on memory card. Chances are Nintendo has something on their web site describing the best way to do that (blowing on with your breath wouldn't be a good thing to do).