PDA

View Full Version : Bush wants marriage reserved for heterosexuals

Atax
Aug 1, 2003, 12:53 PM
Thursday, July 31, 2003 Posted: 12:57 AM EDT (0457 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush indicated Wednesday he opposes extending marriage rights to homosexuals, saying he believes marriage "is between a man and a woman."

Bush said it is "important for society to welcome each individual," but administration lawyers are looking for some way to legally limit marriage to heterosexuals.

"I believe marriage is between a man and a woman, and I think we ought to codify that one way or another," Bush told reporters at a White House news conference. "And we've got lawyers looking at the best way to do that."

Bush's comments drew praise from conservative groups, but criticism from gay rights advocates.

"The president has taken a courageous stand in favor of traditional marriage at a moment in American history when the courts are conspiring with anti-family extremists to undermine our nation's most vital institution," said the Rev. Louis Sheldon, chairman of the Traditional Values Coalition.

But a spokeswoman for a gay rights group faulted the president.

"We are very disappointed that the president is trying to further codify discrimination into law," said Winnie Stachelberg, political director of the Human Rights Campaign, the nation's largest gay rights group.

Earlier this month, Bush said a constitutional amendment to block gay marriages might not be necessary, although the proposal has the support of Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tennessee.

The question of gay marriage has moved to the foreground of American politics after a U.S. Supreme Court decision in June that struck down state laws banning sodomy. Canada courts also have recently recognized gay marriages. In addition, the Massachusetts high court is expected to issue a ruling soon on whether the state can allow gay marriages.

The prospect has outraged religious conservatives, an important voting bloc in the Republican Party. And a recent CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll suggest the Supreme Court ruling has prompted a backlash: The number of people who have endorsed the idea that homosexual relations should be legal has dropped from 60 percent to 48 percent since the ruling, and only 40 percent of Americans say they now would support civil unions for homosexuals.

Even as he made it clear that he did not support the idea of gay marriage, Bush appeared to issue a call for tolerance.

"Yes, I am mindful that we're all sinners," the president said Wednesday when asked for his views on homosexuality. "And I caution those who may try to take the speck out of the neighbor's eye when they've got a log in their own."

"I think it's very important for our society to respect each individual, to welcome those with good hearts, to be a welcoming country," Bush added. "On the other hand, that does not mean that somebody like me needs to compromise on an issue such as marriage."

A number of states have passed laws forbidding gays from marrying or barring the recognition of a same-sex marriage performed in another state. The federal government's 1996 Defense of Marriage Act affirms that states are not required to recognize a same-sex marriage performed in another state.

The act also defines marriage as "a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife."

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/07/30/bush.gay.marriage/index.html

Allos
Aug 1, 2003, 01:04 PM
Great, now starts another debate on PSOW about homosexuality. Any of you who know me know where I stand on this matter so feel free to argue about "how terrible Bush is" amongst yourselves.

Obscenity
Aug 1, 2003, 01:07 PM
On 2003-08-01 11:04, Allos wrote:
Great, now starts another debate on PSOW about homosexuality. Any of you who know me know where I stand on this matter so feel free to argue about "how terrible Bush is" amongst yourselves.

Does "amongst yourselves" mean without you? Because by posting here, you've already included yourself in the festivities. =D

OnnaWren
Aug 1, 2003, 01:29 PM
*shakes head* When the hell are people going to learn?

It's not so much a matter of who you love, but, rather, whether or not you love...

Orange_Coconut
Aug 1, 2003, 02:46 PM
Things like this make me sick, personally. It's limiting the rights of people who may have the same interests, hobbies, fashion, and maybe the same opinions too. They just have a different sexual preference. Of course they may have completely different interests, hobbies, fashion and opinions as well but that doesn't matter one bit.

Why can't people just see that everyone's different? It may be through their sexuality, it may be through looks, through religion, through who knows what? Everyone seems to want to pick a fight with someone or something that is different from them.

Bush said:
"I think it's very important for our society to respect each individual, to welcome those with good hearts, to be a welcoming country," Bush added. "On the other hand, that does not mean that somebody like me needs to compromise on an issue such as marriage."

I don't see how this quote makes much sense, is it just me or is he condradicting what he said earlier in the quote? You can't be welcoming and respectful if you try to limit ones rights.

Bush also stated:
"I believe marriage is between a man and a woman, and I think we ought to codify that one way or another," Bush told reporters at a White House news conference. "And we've got lawyers looking at the best way to do that."

Well, although HE may believe that marriage is between a man and a woman, who is he to judge? Just because he believes such a thing doesn't mean that he can waltz in and limit those who don't believe what he does.

If one wants to argue with me, that's ok. I would rather not argue but this is only my opinion don't forget, I'm not speaking on behalf of the US. I know it is his opinion as well, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Artemidorus
Aug 1, 2003, 03:09 PM
On 2003-08-01 12:46, Orange_Coconut wrote:

[...]

Well, although HE may believe that marriage is between a man and a woman, who is he to judge? Just because he believes such a thing doesn't mean that he can waltz in and limit those who don't believe what he does.

This is America, we've been doing this sort of thing since the beginning in international politics~now Bush wants to bring it inside the borders of the USA.

If one wants to argue with me, that's ok.

I would, but I have nothing for or against what you say ^o^

I know it is his opinion as well, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I just like this sentence! ^o^

Well, this ties in with my rant on the pope and gay marriages etc...
But anyways, its a jolly Friday afternoon of 4:08 EST and I'm not in the mood to debate and argue at the moment, so I'll come back tonight and see what peoples have said on the subject~besides, I like seeing other's viewpoints, too. Just like you said, Orange Coconut, I'll listen to opinions but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

LunarShadowX
Aug 1, 2003, 03:58 PM
Way I see it, marriage is for a man and a woman. Period. No arguing it (with me at least.)

However, that doesn't mean I don't believe two gay people can me a "couple" persay. In fact, I believe they can do something similar to getting married, and I wouldn't give a damn as long as it isn't called a marriage. Call it whatever else you want, just in my opinion it should not be called marriage.

ABDUR101
Aug 1, 2003, 04:09 PM
Marriage = union of two people/souls in holy matrimony.

Two men or two women can't be united in holy matrimony?

It doesn't matter to me, it's merely a formality to me, but I'm sure there are those who beleive in the church and want to go through with it as everyone else does.

But thats not me, so I'll just ignore how everyone else feels!

*italicized text is sarcasm

Ness
Aug 1, 2003, 04:55 PM
When are people going to learn not to impose thier beliefs on others. Just because you want marriage to be between a man and a woman doesn't mean that everyone thinks that way. I think that homosexuals should have the right to marry each other too.

Yet another reason why Bush needs to be beaten.

Mystil
Aug 1, 2003, 05:01 PM
Well well well. Bush has surprized me very much with his feelings in this. Unfortunatly I don't agree with it. It's kinda bias if you look at it. You got to look past the fact that it's too gay people, and look at the bigger picture; it's love. And in what better way to be involved in it, than to be married?

You'd think by now they would be *fully* accepted in society. But it seems not so. Why the fear of homosexuality coupled along with marriage? I don't understand.

Soukosa
Aug 1, 2003, 05:12 PM
Two people can get married if they want to, regardless of what the governments says. It's simply a matter of whether or not they'll see it in their eyes and official marriage. To me, a government reconginzed marriage is simply there to protect any off spring that come about from the couple. It's true meaning seems to have become lost.

XavierDreamknight
Aug 1, 2003, 06:58 PM
Bush is a contradicting thickheaded moron in this whole topic. Here is my opinon on this whole ordeal.

Let the homosexual people marry eachother, I don't have much of a problem with it, since I believe marriage is the union of when two people want to spend the rest of their lives together forever, regardless if it was heterosexual or homosexual.

But the only problem I do have a problem are those 'gay parades.' Yesh, sure you're gay that's fine. You don't have to prod all over the damn street to tell us.

Besides, isn't this suppose to be the land of the free? We can't call it the land of the free if they don't allow same sex marriages now can they.

hollowtip
Aug 1, 2003, 07:18 PM
Some of you guys need to get past the moral issues involved in this debate and consider there are other aspects as to why a lot of people are against homosexual marriages. financial benefits that many married couples share are going to sky rocket because of "gay" marriages, not to mention tax hikes (Gay relationships usually last a lot shorter than heterosexual relationships according to a study that was featured on Armstrong & Getty) for in court divorces. I for one, am against homosexual marriages just for these reasons, and not any other. A homosexual lifestyle doesn't bother me one bit, and everyone is entitled to live a peaceful and prosperous life, but when I am about to suffer a substancially large financial burden for something that I'm not even involved in, I will voice my displeasure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2003-08-01 17:21 ]</font>

pixelate
Aug 1, 2003, 08:15 PM
On 2003-08-01 17:18, hollowtip wrote:
A homosexual lifestyle doesn't bother me one bit, and everyone is entitled to live a peaceful and prosperous life, but when I am about to suffer a substancially large financial burden for something that I'm not even involved in, I will voice my displeasure.

So you don't like it because you're getting the burden? What about the homosexual couples that are taking a burden now because they can't take advantage of a legal marriage? Sounds a bit selfish in that sense, no?

hollowtip
Aug 1, 2003, 08:49 PM
On 2003-08-01 18:15, pixelate wrote:

A homosexual lifestyle doesn't bother me one bit, and everyone is entitled to live a peaceful and prosperous life, but when I am about to suffer a substancially large financial burden for something that I'm not even involved in, I will voice my displeasure.

So you don't like it because you're getting the burden? What about the homosexual couples that are taking a burden now because they can't take advantage of a legal marriage? Sounds a bit selfish in that sense, no?

There are more heterosexuals on this earth than there are homosexuals. Nothing selfish about it, and I know a lot of adults that feel the same way I do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2003-08-01 18:49 ]</font>

brillyfresh
Aug 2, 2003, 01:25 AM
to start off, i support gay marriages ... i'll elaborate:

Even as he made it clear that he did not support the idea of gay marriage, Bush appeared to issue a call for tolerance.

"Yes, I am mindful that we're all sinners," the president said Wednesday when asked for his views on homosexuality. "And I caution those who may try to take the speck out of the neighbor's eye when they've got a log in their own."

oh man, would Bush just keep his personal, religious views out of national decisions ... what happened to separation of church and state? i used to think that that meant something in this "free" society ...

the quote of the "speck in the neighbor's eye" though ... i've always liked that saying

The act also defines marriage as "a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife."

well, on behalf of gay rights groups, allow me to shoot down any possible arguments against homosexual marriages:

"Gays shouldn't be allowed to marry because they can't reproduce."

Neither can a married couple where either the husband or the wife is sterile, should they not be allowed to marry simply because they can't reproduce? In that sense, what makes them any different from a gay couple?

And if a gay couple decides to adopt and the sterile heterosexual couple doesn't, technically the gay couple is contributing more to society, and especially to that child's life, than the heterosexual couple ... ever see the movie "Birdcage" with Robin Williams and Nathan Lane? funny movie, but very outspoken with its message, too, that a heterosexual family isn't required to raise a good person, but a loving family, and SO MANY people need a loving family

"It isn't natural."

Did you know that other species of animals also participate in homosexual activities? in light of that, would you also say that nature isn't natural?

"The Bible/Koran/(whatever) says that homosexual relations are sinful."

Gee, I didn't know that the Bible/Koran/(whatever) is officially recognized as law in the US .... how come no one ever told me? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

"They are just trying to gain financial benefits through marriage."

ha ha ha ... how often has that happened in history? Entire families (especially royal and noble families) have been intermingled through marriage in order to achieve financial stability and good foreign relations. Even today couples get married for financial stability, so i say again, what makes gay couples any different?

On 2003-08-01 11:29, OnnaWren wrote:
*shakes head* When the hell are people going to learn?

It's not so much a matter of who you love, but, rather, whether or not you love...

very well said ... children benefit the most from parents who love each other, regardless of if that love is heterosexual or homosexual

Nerd
Aug 2, 2003, 01:55 AM
I think gay/lesbian couples should be able to adopt, and should earn the same rights/legal benefits of married hetero couples...but i dunno...maybe im just closed minded? Well, ill just stop here.

LostHero
Aug 2, 2003, 02:38 AM
Yet another reason for me not to vote for Bush in the upcoming election...

pixelate
Aug 2, 2003, 02:43 AM
On 2003-08-01 18:49, hollowtip wrote:
There are more heterosexuals on this earth than there are homosexuals.

If there's less homosexuals than heterosexuals on this earth, I can't imagine how allowing them legal marriages would financially burden people.

smallfry
Aug 2, 2003, 03:14 AM
i hope i dont get flamed too much from this but i gotta agree with bushy here...
marriage=husband and wife
not husband and husband, or wife and wife...
i dont support the adoption issue either. the kid would be tormented by others if they found out the parents were gay, that type of sh_t leads to therapy...no way would i want any kid to go through that.

MasterJoel
Aug 2, 2003, 03:16 AM
i know i people will strongly disagree with me on this, but i really think that getting married to a person whom is the same sex as you is a bad idea for everyone. i did extensive research about this for a high school project, and i came to the conclusion that (through research) that gays and lesbians should not get married due to the fact that monogamous relationships become more strained in a gay/lesbian relationship. don't get me wrong, i have many gay/lesbian friends, and i love them dearly, but i really think marriage is out of the question.

LostHero
Aug 2, 2003, 04:41 AM
MasterJoel, I loathe you! I've been acheing to own a ferret as a pet for years. Sadly, they are illegal where I live http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ABDUR101
Aug 2, 2003, 07:23 AM
Funny, homosexual marriages are strained? Whats the percentage of heterosexual marriages that end in divorce?

And it's quite funny that just because the marriages get strained that it can be used as a reason for homosexual marriages to not be allowed.

As for higher tax hikes, what the hell? Yeah, I say we sterilize all children as soon as they hit puberty because of all the welfare case mothers who don't get supported, as well as all the child abuse hearings, the "Who gets the kids on weekends" hearings, etc, etc etc.

It's so easy to complain about, but in reality, it's ignorant to complain about such things. >=/

Mystil
Aug 2, 2003, 08:35 AM
On 2003-08-01 18:49, hollowtip wrote:

On 2003-08-01 18:15, pixelate wrote:

There are more heterosexuals on this earth than there are homosexuals. Nothing selfish about it, and I know a lot of adults that feel the same way I do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2003-08-01 18:49 ]</font>

It's actually pretty equal between the two standards now.

Ness
Aug 2, 2003, 09:21 AM
On 2003-08-02 05:23, ABDUR101 wrote:
Funny, homosexual marriages are strained? Whats the percentage of heterosexual marriages that end in divorce?

And it's quite funny that just because the marriages get strained that it can be used as a reason for homosexual marriages to not be allowed.

As for higher tax hikes, what the hell? Yeah, I say we sterilize all children as soon as they hit puberty because of all the welfare case mothers who don't get supported, as well as all the child abuse hearings, the "Who gets the kids on weekends" hearings, etc, etc etc.

It's so easy to complain about, but in reality, it's ignorant to complain about such things. >=/

%0% of all marriages end in a divorce. I don't know if that's just with heterosexuals or not, but just because a marriaged can get easily strained is not a good reason to keep people from doing it. That's like saying," Since Jenny and John got a divorce, no one in the world is allowed to marry anyone because they might get a divorce too."

BOC
Aug 2, 2003, 11:28 AM
you could throw up a 100 reasons why gay couples shouldn't be allowed to marry.

but at the end of the day, isn't marriage about two people who love each other enough to commit to each other for the rest of their lives??

key word there been love. so what if a man loves another man, or a woman loves another woman?

bush should keep his own beliefs to himself. seriously though, how did you yanks let him into power? collect 30 ceral box tops and become president?

well time for me to go. but i always try to show two sides of every argument. so i should say something anti-gay wedding:

god made adam and eve, not adam and steve http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

only joking.

PEACE!!! (and love - be it between a man and a woman, man and man, woman and woman or man and sheep!! wait a minute......)

Artemidorus
Aug 2, 2003, 12:23 PM
On 2003-08-01 16:58, XavierDreamknight wrote:
Bush is a contradicting thickheaded moron in this whole topic. Here is my opinon on this whole ordeal.

Stop bashin the damn president, its really old and annoying. Deal with it, so just remember that he's the lesser of the two (I would say evils, but I'll say idiots). Did you really want Gore?

[...]But the only problem I do have a problem are those 'gay parades.' Yesh, sure you're gay that's fine. You don't have to prod all over the damn street to tell us.

Those are just fun public parties if ya ask me. Besides, its a dumb ol' minority thing, blacks used to do it, now gays do it, soon hispanics will, then asians, omg, then squirrels will have a parade down mainstreet! ugh!

Besides, isn't this suppose to be the land of the free? We can't call it the land of the free if they don't allow same sex marriages now can they.

I love how you put that.

Artemidorus
Aug 2, 2003, 12:25 PM
On 2003-08-02 09:28, BOC wrote:
[...] so i should say something anti-gay wedding:

god made adam and eve, not adam and steve http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

only joking.

I hate that phrase! It's not like gays are tryin to reproduce or make everyone gay! Your just born like that! At least, I'M born like that.
I'm not angry at ya, BOC, but you just reminded me...

Alisha
Aug 2, 2003, 12:30 PM
WTF.......... what a moron i should break bush's face along with some people that posted in this thread......... whats next saying interacial marriages are wrong.......

Wewt
Aug 2, 2003, 12:57 PM
On 2003-08-02 10:30, Alisha wrote:
whats next saying interacial marriages are wrong.......

The world is still getting over that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

eXo
Aug 2, 2003, 02:54 PM
[quote]
On 2003-08-02 10:57, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
[quote]
whats next saying interacial marriages are wrong.......
[quote]No there is nothing wrong with interacial marriages as long as they consist of a Male & Female. Now dont get me wrong i personallly cant stand bush,but i do agree with him on this issue i also have nothing against homosexuals i said it once and ill say it again. "TO EACH THERE OWN" i do feel however that homosexuals should have more rights to protect them from stuff like,gay bashing but thats about it,gays being married will send the absolute wrong maessage wrong message to the youths of america in this day and age.
You will have young boys kissing in elementry school http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif not to mention that the amount of AIDS infected homosexuals is starting to go thru the roof *not saying only gays can get AIDS* but its a well known fact that AIDS is spread faster from "ANAL" sex and anal sex is the main form of sex betwwen 2 homosexual males http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif my point is to legalize homosexual marriages is to tell people thats it ok to go and kill yourself,because all that legalizing it will do is promote and assist the spread of AIDS.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eXo on 2003-08-02 14:08 ]</font>

Wewt
Aug 2, 2003, 03:52 PM
eXo: Alisha is going to kill you now.

MasterJoel
Aug 2, 2003, 04:05 PM
WTF.......... what a moron i should break bush's face along with some people that posted in this thread......... whats next saying interacial marriages are wrong.......

interracial marriages are perfectly ok... but homosexuals getting married? what's next, marrying your sister? how's about the dog? this can go both ways.

Ness
Aug 2, 2003, 04:22 PM
I think people should be able to marry whoever or whatever they want. Whether it's their a man, a woman, their cousin, or their pet goat.

ABDUR101
Aug 2, 2003, 04:49 PM
What the hell people, it's NOT like marrying your sister, nor is it anywhere close to marrying the family dog. Those are, to be blunt, pitiful comparisons.

Oh, and, "wrong message to the youth of today", exo? No sense.

Promotes going and killing yourself?

Dear God, words cannot describe my feelings to what is being said. It's almost like a koala crapped in my head. >=

Orange_Coconut
Aug 2, 2003, 04:52 PM
On 2003-08-02 14:05, MasterJoel wrote:

interracial marriages are perfectly ok... but homosexuals getting married? what's next, marrying your sister? how's about the dog? this can go both ways.

Um, that has nothing to do with a man marrying a man nor a woman marrying a woman. Just because the majority of the world is not homosexual does not mean that it's wrong and immoral.

Marrying one's sister can actually result in child abnormalities if they were to have sex. There is a very big difference between homosexual marriages and marriages that can result in such consequences.

Also marrying one's dog? Are you seriously relating homosexual marriages to that? That can be found as extremely offensive. Again, if one were to have sex with a dog wouldn't that be considered bestiality? Now that is another topic all in itself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Orange_Coconut on 2003-08-02 14:53 ]</font>

BOC
Aug 2, 2003, 05:57 PM
On 2003-08-02 10:25, Artemidorus wrote:

On 2003-08-02 09:28, BOC wrote:
[...] so i should say something anti-gay wedding:

only joking.

I hate that phrase! It's not like gays are tryin to reproduce or make everyone gay! Your just born like that! At least, I'M born like that.
I'm not angry at ya, BOC, but you just reminded me...

sorry for reminding you and pissing you off dude.
just trying to inject a little bit of humour in there. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

and i do realise that there isn't some kinda plot amoung the gay community to make everyone gay. or that your trying to reproduce.

besides, im for gay weddings!!

scuse me while i go get the foot removed from my mouth.

RavenTW
Aug 2, 2003, 06:11 PM
This is a very good idea. Unfortunately, I doubt that many in the House will side with him.

Blade21
Aug 2, 2003, 07:33 PM
I bealive Marriage should be between only a man and a woman because of the child's point of view. I could care less about gay or lesbian marriages, if they love eachother, It shouldn't matter. But Imagine being raised by two women/men, I know I couldn't stand it. I mean, say you had two fathers, and your a girl, wouldn't you feel akward about girl stuff. And the opposite is true also, your a boy and you have two mothers. I just don't think it's fair to the kids.

Wewt
Aug 2, 2003, 07:48 PM
On 2003-08-02 17:33, Blade21 wrote:
But Imagine being raised by two women/men, I know I couldn't stand it. I mean, say you had two fathers, and your a girl, wouldn't you feel akward about girl stuff. And the opposite is true also, your a boy and you have two mothers. I just don't think it's fair to the kids.

...And it's fair to single parents? Your point is very flawed.

asdf
Aug 2, 2003, 07:53 PM
It's utterly apparent that same-sex Marriages should be un-lawful.

A Marriage is a lawful union between a man and a woman that's documented. It's a union for economic survival. It's a union to allow a moral version of procreation.

"Marriage" was born out of morals; it's amoral to be homosexual in the eyes of the people who crafted "Marriage."

It's something a man and a woman do; homosexuals can ask for a classification for their own union and have the same principles apply, it just won't be "Marriage."

All homosexuals should leave their desire for "Marriage" where they left their desire for the opposite sex.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: asdf on 2003-08-02 17:57 ]</font>

pixelate
Aug 2, 2003, 09:13 PM
The bible says homosexuality is wrong? When? Where? Wha?

Soukosa
Aug 2, 2003, 09:45 PM
On 2003-08-02 19:13, pixelate wrote:
The bible says homosexuality is wrong? When? Where? Wha?

There's a story or two in the Old Testament that many feel states that it's wrong, but it doesn't. There's also a very bad mistranslation in New King James Version that says that it is, but of course, it's a mistranslation.

brillyfresh
Aug 3, 2003, 12:16 AM
On 2003-08-02 07:21, Ness wrote:

On 2003-08-02 05:23, ABDUR101 wrote:

%0% of all marriages end in a divorce.

woah, where have you been? last time i checked it was about 50%, at least in America ... and about 98% in Hollywood http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On 2003-08-02 12:54, eXo wrote:
You will have young boys kissing in elementry school http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

OOOOOO ....

not to mention that the amount of AIDS infected homosexuals is starting to go thru the roof *not saying only gays can get AIDS* but its a well known fact that AIDS is spread faster from "ANAL" sex and anal sex is the main form of sex betwwen 2 homosexual males http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

actually, having unprotected sex spreads it a lot faster, whether vaginal or anal ... you overlook the fact that lesbians have sex too

On 2003-08-02 17:33, Blade21 wrote:
I bealive Marriage should be between only a man and a woman because of the child's point of view. I could care less about gay or lesbian marriages, if they love eachother, It shouldn't matter. But Imagine being raised by two women/men, I know I couldn't stand it. I mean, say you had two fathers, and your a girl, wouldn't you feel akward about girl stuff. And the opposite is true also, your a boy and you have two mothers. I just don't think it's fair to the kids.

and who's to say that the kids might actually benefit from it? after all, plenty of kids don't benefit from divorced parents, or from heterosexual parents even ... haven't you ever seen the movie "Birdcage"?

i think what a child needs is love, and i think that any married parents, heterosexual or homosexual, provide a better example of love than any divorced parents do

On 2003-08-02 17:53, asdf wrote:
A Marriage is a lawful union between a man and a woman that's documented. It's a union for economic survival. It's a union to allow a moral version of procreation.

oh, we know how important marriage is for the economy ........ and as for procreation, that can be achieved without marriage

"Marriage" was born out of morals; it's amoral to be homosexual in the eyes of the people who crafted "Marriage."

amoral to who? YOU? ask a homosexual couple just how "amoral" it is for them to love each other

All homosexuals should leave their desire for "Marriage" where they left their desire for the opposite sex.

in the closet, huh?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: brillyfresh on 2003-08-02 22:29 ]</font>

eXo
Aug 3, 2003, 01:42 AM
On 2003-08-02 14:49, ABDUR101 wrote:
What the hell people, it's NOT like marrying your sister, nor is it anywhere close to marrying the family dog. Those are, to be blunt, pitiful comparisons.

Oh, and, "wrong message to the youth of today", exo? No sense.

Promotes going and killing yourself?

Dear God, words cannot describe my feelings to what is being said. It's almost like a koala crapped in my head. >=

Maybe what i said is being recieved in a more negective way then i really mean,I pretty much had a bad feeling about posting in this topic,i should have followed it like I stated before
"TO EACH THERE OWN" sorry if i offened anyone.
I offiacially retrack all of my previous statments

PSOJunky13
Aug 3, 2003, 01:47 AM
Hell yah! The only good thing that Bush has said while in office he will get my vote next time around if makes this a law in all states!

PSOJunky13
Aug 3, 2003, 01:57 AM
I agree with PSOJunky13 totally fu*k the Gay comunitty that is one thing I can not stand and that is when people don't have sex right! First AIDS thing with Gays now this my personal opinion is "burn them all!" hedrosexual is the only way to be!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOJunky13 on 2003-08-03 00:01 ]</font>

pixelate
Aug 3, 2003, 02:35 AM
On 2003-08-02 23:57, PSOJunky13 wrote:
that is one thing I can not stand and that is when people don't have sex right!

Better burn anyone who has had more than vaginal intercourse.

But, hey, any sex that doesn't lead to reproduction is wrong, right? So that means no oral, no digital, no anal...

Mystil
Aug 3, 2003, 07:52 AM
-_-; Jesus....why is this such a big issue..?

Look here --

It's two people in love. That is the sole reason for getting marriage. To make this love *complete*. To not have the right is to feel that it will never be complete. But that is a big assumption on my part, pehaps if I was a homosexual, I'd say something different.

A persons' sexuality is no ones business and quite frankly it's no ones place to tell them that it is wrong and they can't this and that etc etc otherwise. They don't rag on YOUR sexuality so why rag on thiers?

Ok so it's two of the same sexes. But how does this detour the right for them not to be able to get married? By the way, this will not mean a HIKE in joint marriages interest/tax rates. They will recieve the same. Raising it would make no sense and cause too many poor family. The Bush administration is already trying to avoid more unemployment(whether you all are paying attention to that or not..)Actually to that effect it would bring in more revenue.. Bush though is too strong on his personal preferences which is understandable.

Compare homosxuality with whatever you like. Getting married for them SHOULD be allowed. The love is present, the right should be there. End of story, and quit blindly hating. And yes I was being repetative, so it'd sink in.

If they can't get married, then you hardcore heterosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry anymore period. Especially ones that make comments like "Fuck the gay community".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-08-03 05:55 ]</font>

Wewt
Aug 3, 2003, 08:09 AM
On 2003-08-03 05:52, Silhouette wrote:
It's two people in love. That is the sole reason for getting marriage. To make this love *complete*.
Complete? What the fuck?

Marriages are pretty much to show off what you have with your partner. One could say that you can't love somebody 100% if you don't marry them, by your logic.

Mystil
Aug 3, 2003, 08:11 AM
If that's all you think marriage means to people, then you'll never be married.

M'k, only a married person would understand what my post means.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-08-03 06:12 ]</font>

Ness
Aug 3, 2003, 08:13 AM
woah, where have you been? last time i checked it was about 50%, at least in America ... and about 98% in Hollywood

That was a typo. I have a habit of pressing the shift key along with the first thing I type. and since shift+5=%. Yeah I think you get it.

Wewt
Aug 3, 2003, 08:34 AM
I see marriage as two people declaring their love for one another, not to complete it.

Also, you shouldn't have said what you said about me possibly never marrying. To my knowledge, you're not married, so how does that give you more personal experience and/or knowledge about marriage than me?

ABDUR101
Aug 3, 2003, 09:23 AM
On 2003-08-02 23:57, PSOJunky13 wrote:
I agree with PSOJunky13 totally fu*k the Gay comunitty that is one thing I can not stand and that is when people don't have sex right!

You agree with yourself...? <SARCASM>Nice comment by the way<SARCASM>.

First AIDS thing with Gays now this my personal opinion is "burn them all!" hedrosexual is the only way to be!

That is a very prejudice statement, and you just reminded me how many of the local people I live around act when they're not hiding behind a pleasant demeanor.

After four pages of discussion, it's not getting much further than anti-homosexual slander. I'm going to lock the topic before it gets any-more out of hand and offensive. Thank you to everyone who kept it civil and gave legitimate thoughts and ideas on both perspectives.