PDA

View Full Version : BT Openworld help

PlatypusMaximus
Aug 1, 2003, 01:30 PM
I've tried getting on, but now it's saying it's wrong, so how do I properly set up the network with BT Openworld?

I set the ISP Name as 'BT Openworld' entered my username and password, aswell as the correct Number, but it still says it's wrong. How am I meant to set it up?

Rich_T
Aug 1, 2003, 02:25 PM
what type of internet conection do you have? dial up (56K) or Broadband (ADSL)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2003-08-01 12:43 ]</font>

PlatypusMaximus
Aug 1, 2003, 03:12 PM

It's gone back to saying that the server is done for maintenace. It just stays at the 'Connecting to DNS server' for about 2 minutes, then comes up with that message...

Rich_T
Aug 2, 2003, 03:49 AM
Have you tried conecting to the homepage in the PSO main menu?

Do you have BT 1571 enabled on your line?
if you do, and theres a message waiting on it you will get an intermittant dail tone, the gamecube will interpret this as a "no dial tone detected" and will give out an error 101.

IF you have a P.C conected to the internet on a 56K dial up conection, you should be roughly familiar with the modem noise it makes wile its conecting, on the gamecube you cant hear these noises.
So do the folowing.
on the gamecube select online game, select your character then select I agree, at the same time pick up your phone and quitly listen in, next select i agree and (tray and) connect to PSO.

On your phone, you should hear a continuos dial tone, followed by a breif silence ( as the GC mdeom picks up the line), then the gamecube will dial the number you entered, if this number is wrong, you will either get some one picking up the phone, wondering why there being called,or the BT woman saying number not recognised please try again.

if the numbers right and everythings working fine,you will get some noises first form your gamecube modem, then a breif silence, then noises back from the online server, if somethings not right then you will get some noises from the gamecube modem, followed by a silence hen the same noises again from your gamecube modem, followed by silence and the same noises and silences again, until the GC gives up, this is as the modem tries to conect, and fails

possible work arounds
in the internet set up, try selecting Pulse dial instead of tone.

PlatypusMaximus
Aug 2, 2003, 08:34 AM
Yeah I've tried that.

Is there a certain way you're meant to put in your Login name (I've tried it as *****@btopenworld.com and just *****) Is there a certain DNS thing I'm meant to put in? Or the Proxy server?

I've tried phoning the BT Tech support line, and they were no use. At all.

Rich_T
Aug 2, 2003, 12:53 PM
are you using a pay as you go account or one of the subscription deals?

PlatypusMaximus
Aug 2, 2003, 01:25 PM
It's the one where it's 5.99 for the first month, and you get 150 hours w/o call charges.

Rich_T
Aug 2, 2003, 03:10 PM
I've tried it as *****@btopenworld.com and just *****)

I used a different ISP, but there pretty much the same in regards to logging on (except aol)
when i was using freeserve dial up, my e-mail address was
[email protected]

my username to logon was
username.freeserve.co.uk
this is what i used to get online with.

As for BT openworld, i used that a long time ago, and i think it was formated the same.

For instance you name is
PlatypusMaximus
so your e-mail address might look like
[email protected]
in this case your log in is
Maximus.btopenworld.com
or [email protected]
your log in could be
platypus.maximus.btopenworld.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2003-08-02 13:15 ]</font>

PlatypusMaximus
Aug 2, 2003, 03:30 PM
I see... That sounds like it may be one of the problems.

I just tried it, and I'm still getting the DNS Server message.

So, I think it's just server problems (sometimes it bypasses it and just straight out tells me I goofed)

I'll let you knmow when that happens.

PlatypusMaximus
Aug 2, 2003, 04:27 PM
Okay, I just tried it again, and still got the incorrect setup message...