PDA

View Full Version : Online at last.....and I need Help. Prety Please....

SubstanceD
Aug 1, 2003, 01:31 PM
Well After months of procrastination I have finally decided to purchase a hunters licence and play PSO the way it was meant to be played, Online and with others. The problem is that when I finally got Online I had no idea where I was supposed to go and what I was suposed to do, I could not get out of the lobby that I was in without quitting my game. This is my first time Online ever and it is not at all what I expected so now I feel that I have wasted an awfull lot of my time.

I knew that using the software keyboard was going to be a bitch but I did not think that it was going to be that bad. I must get a key board A.S.A.P.

I did not know where I was suposed to go in order to travel down to Ragol and do a level run, I just kept running around the lobby trying to hold a conversation with waht few people I could find.

I did not know how to join a team,

Heck I did not know anything, I was completely clueless and I got soo scared that there is still sweat dripping off my testicles.

And to think I went through soo much trouble in order to go Online, I am scared to death of Destruction and Akira getting FSOD or FSODX ed ( they are on a 251 block officla memory card ) that I created 2 new charcters on an official standard memory card, Katana a Hucaseal and Destiny a Hunewearl.

Please help me my giving me some info.

What Ships would be good for me to play on? ( I live in Europe but I can play on 60Hz mode and I would like to play with as much gamers as possible )

Which Ships should I avoid?

Where and when does FSOD usually occur?

What is with those people in the centre of the lobby, do they do any thing?

jediknight007
Aug 1, 2003, 01:41 PM
On 2003-08-01 11:31, SubstanceD wrote:
Well After months of procrastination I have finally decided to purchase a hunters licence and play PSO the way it was meant to be played, Online and with others. The problem is that when I finally got Online I had no idea where I was supposed to go and what I was suposed to do, I could not get out of the lobby that I was in without quitting my game. This is my first time Online ever and it is not at all what I expected so now I feel that I have wasted an awfull lot of my time.

I knew that using the software keyboard was going to be a bitch but I did not think that it was going to be that bad. I must get a key board A.S.A.P.

I did not know where I was suposed to go in order to travel down to Ragol and do a level run, I just kept running around the lobby trying to hold a conversation with waht few people I could find.

Heck I did not know anything, I was completely clueless and I got soo scared that there is still sweat dripping off my testicles.

And to think I went through soo much trouble in order to go Online, I am scared to death of Destruction and Akira getting FSOD or FSODX ed ( they are on a 251 block officla memory card ) that I created 2 new charcters on an official standard memory card, Katana a Hucaseal and Destiny a Hunewearl.

What Ships would be good for me to play on? ( I live in Europe but I can play on 60Hz mode and I would like to play with as much gamers as possible )

Yuck, please don't ever talk about sweaty testicles again.

Ok, I will try my best.

If you want to travel down to Ragol to fight, you have to join a game. You have to join a game which can have a maximum of 4 people in it.
Normal games are for everyone, Hard for characters at least Level 20, V.Hard for at least Level 40 and Ultimate for at least Level 80.

Those people in the centre of lobbies are those you talk to to join into a game. You can also create your own if you wish to. Sometimes you might need to create your own new game because you want to do a particular quest or run.

There are plenty of new quests which can only be played online. You have to join or create a game and once you are in the Hunter's Guild, you have to talk to the counter and choose a quest. Be sure to check them out such as Gallon's Shop where you can win prizes or swap your Photon Drops for good items.

There are 3 modes of games. Normal which is just basically going down to Ragol and beat the crap out of monsters. Battle, which I think is where you beat your fellow friends at something (never tried this mode before). Challenge where your characters are reset temporarily to new and you have to start from Forest (C1-C3 I think) and work your way to Ruins. You get a special item depending on how long you take. I find it really hard because I keep dying by C3. I think it goes from C1 to C9.

Ships you should avoid are like US/Vega because they are so full up and you are more likely to get FSOD. Just look around and press X to find out how many people there are.

FSOD happens to everyone and is basically a freeze like you get on PCs. It usually occurs when there are too many people on a block and I think, it is more likely to happen when there are more duped items.

To make it easier to type, use Word Select. You can do this by pressing Y to bring up the keyboard and then press X (I think). It's useful and is universal because it works with about 6 languages I think. So no need to figure out what your fellow Japanese companions are trying to say!
Try setting a few sentences as shortcuts if you want.

If any info I have provied is incorrect, I am happy to have someone correct it for me. I'm pretty sure that all the answers can be found in the Guides.

Bet you by the time I have posted this, loads of people will have beat me to it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jediknight007 on 2003-08-01 11:48 ]</font>

K9999
Aug 1, 2003, 01:49 PM
You have bigger problems if you get scared playing an online game

Benoit
Aug 1, 2003, 01:51 PM
One word: manual.

Outrider
Aug 1, 2003, 04:05 PM
Well, the PSOW ship is Antares 8. I've found lots of nice people there. But that's on US servers. I'd have to say that I've never gone to the EU or JP servers, so I can't really help you unless you'd like to switch.

Also, if you're in the lobby, hit both X and A to create a chair and sit in it. Move forward while in it by hitting A. Ok, I think you've been told everything now. Good luck.

Nambrosia
Aug 1, 2003, 04:14 PM
On 2003-08-01 11:31, SubstanceD wrote:

You DO have a manual you know.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
One would assume it will tell you all you need to know...
And I'm just gonna pretend that part about sweat wasn't there..

So, bottom line, look at your manual.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

St_Botchua
Aug 1, 2003, 08:22 PM
try not to woory about corruption if you do you will never have fun online