PDA

View Full Version : PSO World Staff Dupers

Spy
Mar 22, 2001, 04:55 AM
First, I really like PSO World, well, everything except the latency issues.

I recently brought up the acqusation that some staff members around here dupe in the discussion topic about the abolishment of the trade forums. I didn't name anyone, and I thought that I was tasteful about it. The official response was being flat out refusal of it's existence. In short I was publicly ignored. The unofficial response was short ICQ messages from one of the allegid dupers, where I was turned into the target of scrutiny.

Here's my challenge. If it's not true, I want a response signed by all PSO World Staff members, and I will apologize and retract my accusations. If, however, the duping is truly taking place I would simply like an official acknowledgement of it, nothing more.

This post should not be deleted, as it is within the rules and guidelines. This post is on topic, and is not a flame towards anyone. I am merely raising a concern in a tasteful manner.

Thank you for your time.

gideon
Mar 22, 2001, 10:03 AM
If your accusations are targeting me, it isn't true. I have never, nor will ever dupe. I also resent and am insulted by your accusations.

Seutekh
Mar 22, 2001, 10:12 AM
*half-BUMP*
(there's also a genuine question involved here.)

Would you also say that you do not knowingly own or use ANY duped items?

gideon
Mar 22, 2001, 10:34 AM
I can say that now yes. You must understand being Gideon of PSO World grants certain things. One of those things being, "gifts". People offer tons of "gifts" to me, some of which I do accept. It was previously impossible to tell if one was duped or not. That is until the recent server change. It allowed to me check what was duped and what was not, so I could dispose of the dupes accordingly.

Sisqua
Mar 22, 2001, 10:52 AM
Whether or not staff are involved in duping is not a significant enough issue to start what could turn into a flame war between staff and certain users. It happens on other boards and other sites and usually it ends up destroying a lot of goodwill on both sides and makes a bunch of people look stupid in the eyes of everyone else.

I think we would all be better off if it stopped right here.

S.

ragnarok
Mar 22, 2001, 11:39 AM
I cannot consider duping to be touched by my character. I shall never create an item for my character. I do not own a gameshark/xploder to even try and attempt these codes. I do not dupe, BUT I have traded many items(legitimately) to recieve duped ones without my knowledge until a few days ago. Now, I do not trade unless I know what is really happening. I am sorry you had to come out like this, but I want to say that I do not and will not plan to cheat anytime soon.

Ambrai
Mar 22, 2001, 11:53 AM
Hmm I really dont know how to take this. I will just let Danger Girl speak for me.

Seutekh
Mar 22, 2001, 12:11 PM
Call me a troublemaker.

Actually... it was an honest and (considering the response) fair question. I'm not out on a witch hunt, I'm not out to piss people off, and I'm DEFINITELY not out to make enemies.

My post wasn't an accusation, just a request for clarification.

I got my answer, and I'm happy with it. *shrugs* I'm willing to table the subject if everyone else is.

Neojin
Mar 22, 2001, 12:19 PM
You sure you want DG to speak for ya? We all know how emotional she gets sometime and it could get quite messy in here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

This one time she broke her nail, and I thought we were all were gonna die, she starts to cry right, then she gets all angry and busts out some crazy shiat with her s beats then her MAG goes all ape shit...well I was scared to say the least, heehee.

Danger_Girl
Mar 22, 2001, 12:39 PM
I'm as guilty as all of you. I have traded for items. The items were more than likely dupes. Now they are mag food. About all I can add is, from what I've heard the servers will not nessicarily identify dupes. My twin Brand, Spread Needles, Lavis Cannon, mag cell....gone. I don't miss them one bit...er...well maybe the Lavis Cannon a little bithttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif.

If we are to be truly anti duping we must dispose of all the gifts and trades. I don't see any other option. Its the sacrafice I feel I had to make in order to keep myself from being a hypocrite, a liar, and a fool.

Gideon I apologize Spy and I started this whole thing. It's something we've discussed for some time now, and it bothered us. But someones got to hold your feet to the firehttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif. Just like Ambrai did for me. And for that, I thank her .

Peace and love from Danger Girl.