PDA

View Full Version : Best class to start raising a DEF mag with? And mag color qu

TwiNCannoN
Mar 22, 2001, 05:46 AM
Topic says it all. My ranger's in need of a DEF mag BAD and since I just screwed up and gave the one I'm working on 1 mind (not too bad only had 18 def) I gotta start over and got the idea that maybe it'd be better raising it on another character..

Anyway here's what I want.. a mag with dex primary, but HIGH defense (my current has 10. 94 pow, 96 dex, 0 mind. WAYYY too much pow/dex).

Also, on colors. Say you make a char with a purple suit and give the mag to another char. Will the mag stay purple, or change according to the new costume when it evolves? I'm thinking they change because all mags I've gotten from crates on my racast have turned red (and o course, he is red).

EDIT: Dex primary, not Def, sorry.

[addsig]"#B4B0B0">WHITILL</font> RAcast

-Syora- Level 33 <font color="#780000">REDRIA</font> HUnewearl

-Ahmnipotence- Level 12 <font color="#021076">BLUEFULL</font> FOnewearl<br

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: TwiNCannoN on 2001-03-22 02:56 ]</font>

Sheogorath
Mar 22, 2001, 06:27 AM
Hey Twin, ever since we had that game where I sat there admiring your mag (Kaitabha) I decided to mimic your mag leveling style like you told me....I had a Katbha, but,. ummm...it wanted trimates or trifluids, cant rememebr which, to raise defense, so before my next evo, I pumped up strength and now its a Mahdu.

Not a bad mag, except that it wants sol atomizers to increase DFP and I cannot buy them that often since my new RAmar is only level 28.

The best defensive mag is Kama. Thats what sheo has.

68/85/??/?? (Cant remember the last two) The added 65 defense sure helped too, because I have a total DFP of 455, which lets me do melee combat.

Get yourself a Kama, I dont remember what I gave it, but my defense and offense were VERY easily increased with it. (As evident by its stats)

wyatt
Mar 22, 2001, 07:21 AM
Once a mag becomes a certain color it will stay that color for good. At first I thought it would also go through the evolutions of the persons class who originally had it, because of it retaining their color. I am not sure if it gets your color as soon as you find it, or when you equip it first. Right now I'm raising 12 mags, two for each stat order. I should have a set of all the HUmar mags of my Section ID for myself and another to trade. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

TwiNCannoN
Mar 22, 2001, 07:36 AM
Sorry about disconning from ICQ like that Sheo, AOL decided 3 am to be a good time to be lame, I suppose. And it's easy to turn it back to a kaitabha, just gotta get dex higher than strength (and at an interval of 5.. for example you could've had 72 dex and hit 75/76 pow which turned it into a pow-mag, bring dex up to 75 for it to turn back into a dex mag if power is also 75, or 80 if the power is 76).

As for the colors, that's cool, because I wanted to keep it the same color as my suit anyway, and hopefully one of the mags I'm raising for another character will change to their color type when I continue raising it on them.

VulpesMundi
Mar 22, 2001, 09:19 AM
I like the looks of the Kama, but it's ineffective in giving specials. It doesn't seem to ever do anything when PB hits 100, and it hardly ever seemed to cast Shifta & Deband whenever I went into a boss battle or was taken down to 10% or less HP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Now Bana and Apsaras, on the other hand, seem to have a high rate of giving invincibility as all their specials. They also look neat, making them quite worthwhile MAGs to have.

TwiNCannoN: if you need to build up DEF and/or DEX, I recommend doing so with the following level 50+ MAGs in mind (you can always re-align the stats before it reaches level 200 to get the MAG you specifically want)...

Apsaras, Bhirava, Kaitabha, Kama, Kumara, Ushasu, Vayu: Antidote will increase DEX only (-1 IQ, +1 Sync, DEF/POW/MIND reduced slightly); Antiparalysis will increase DEF only (+3 IQ, -2 Sync, POW/MIND reduced slightly, DEX uneffected).

Durga, Garuda, Ila, Nandin, Ribhava, Sita, Soma, Yaksa: Antidote will increase DEF and DEX (+1 IQ, 0 Sync, POW/MIND reduced slightly); Antiparalysis will increase DEX only (+1 IQ, -1 Sync, POW/MIND reduced a bit, DEF uneffected).

If you need more information feel free to ask or to look in the MAG Guide.

<center><font color=#eeee00>StarrLight - HUnewearl - Level 100</font>
<font color=#eeeeee>Aleffe - HUmar - Level 62</font>
<font color=#00DDee>Matthiu - RAmar - Level 20</font>
<font color=#ee9999>Sylpha - FOmarl - Level 26</font>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2001-03-22 06:23 ]</font>

Acel
Mar 22, 2001, 11:09 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what does raising a def mag got to do with class? Anyway, to answer your question: THE Best class to raise would be the character with the highest level and the most money. Nuff said.

Ps: unless you want a MAG for a RACAST that can heal/shifta&deband when PB gauge is full (like yours truly) then we might want to furthur discuss this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

TwiNCannoN
Mar 22, 2001, 11:58 AM
Well, since difference classes raise different mags, it might just be better to raise it on my force yknow, since def might raise exclusively or something. Money isn't really a issue as always..

I'm kinda being a fool about this though. Kaitabha is the mag I want. Kaitabha has a way of raising def *EXCLUSIVELY*. Now I just need to figure out how much pow/dex to give it.. it'd probably be better for it to have more power, but I like the way kaitabha looks.. raising more pow I already know turns it into a madhu, so no experimenting there. I guess I /could/ just raise a mag *gasp* normally, like a newbie, and when it turns into a kaitabha pump the heck out of it's def. With that much lenience though, how much def is too much def? maybe 70def 64pow 66dex?

Socrates
Mar 22, 2001, 12:02 PM
Acel, do you think we could possibly not have an entire multimedia file in our sigs? It's reallly annoying... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

TwiNCannoN
Mar 22, 2001, 12:07 PM
Yeah, plus that catch-phrase is going on 2 yrs old and has already been recognized by popular media (i.e. time magazine) therefore it's dead, get over it. I'm ashamed my post has been AYBABTU'd ;P

Drake
Mar 22, 2001, 12:45 PM
It's not dead! Zero Wing is immortal! The original fans may be tired of it, but there will always be a new generation to carry on the proud AYBABTU tradition... for great justice !! :P

...I have to agree with Socrates, though. That signature is really bloody annoying. --; No offense, Acel... I wasn't gonna say anything... but I expected the moderators to do something about it weeks ago. --; Please take it down.