PDA

View Full Version : Uncorruption

MangaPenguin
Aug 1, 2003, 07:31 PM
Is there a way to UNcorrupt something?

kat
Aug 1, 2003, 07:35 PM
well.... sometimes you can get really lucky...

::winces::

I saw a thread in which someone thought that they'd been corrupted and then managed to be 'uncorrupted'... but I don't remember what they did, or if they were more than 'false corrupted'.

sorry... good luck

Soukosa
Aug 1, 2003, 08:06 PM
If it says that your save is corrupted, about the only thing you can do is to try deleting the guildcard file. Since if just one of the files is corrupted, it complains.

St_Botchua
Aug 1, 2003, 08:18 PM
ive never heard of a way just hope it never happens

Felix
Aug 1, 2003, 10:36 PM
I wish there was a way to uncurrupt data...i just lost a 194 and 199 today. It's a real shame. To bad there is no definate way to un currpt things, like he said....you might ger really lucky=/ But I didnt.

Solidus_Snake
Aug 1, 2003, 11:54 PM
if i was in your position felix id be on a killing spree out of losing my mind after all that time gone to waste

lordinviso
Aug 2, 2003, 12:18 AM
On 2003-08-01 18:06, Kalonera wrote:
If it says that your save is corrupted, about the only thing you can do is to try deleting the guildcard file. Since if just one of the files is corrupted, it complains.

Yea always delete the guildcard file after corruption. However sometimes it doesn't work. I don't know why though.

Lucky for me I have never been corrupted except when my friend turned off the cube when I was saving. Lucky for me it was a new mem card and it was only a lvl 32 HUnewearl. Deleting Guild Card file didn't work that time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Soukosa
Aug 2, 2003, 01:56 AM
On 2003-08-01 22:18, lordinviso wrote:
Yea always delete the guildcard file after corruption. However sometimes it doesn't work. I don't know why though.

It all depends on which file it was saving when the saving process got interuped. If it was the guildcard file, you can just delete it since it's not a necessary file. If it was the system or character files, then you're pretty much screwed. If system file did corrupt and you have access to the files and know what you're doing, you could most likely fix it. But, I don't think it writes to the system file under normal saving conditions.

Para
Aug 2, 2003, 02:29 AM
how do you know which file to delete? ive seen the PSO XBOX and PSO PC save file names... some of them are useless and your character can be saved by deleting the right ones..

[edit] of course i never have been corrupted in PC version since the save process is instant and you can easily back up your character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2003-08-02 00:31 ]</font>

ChibiMyu
Aug 2, 2003, 04:03 AM
I got fsod when I joined a BA6 HU game today. I have 56k, I was fourth player, and it froze while doing the double save. I'm supposed to be dead, right? I powered down my GC, put a another memory card in slot 1, and put the fsoded card in slot 2. Then I loaded up muiltplayer and brought the fsoded character to my 1st card. After giving player 1 my most valued rares, I saved, transfered back the fsoded character to its orignal card. The next time I loaded up the card it was ok. Yay. I dunno if this will work for other types of corruption, or just double save freezes. Keep in mind that I didn't even try regularly loading the character that fsoded - I followed this procedure when I knew that I might have corrupted.

I have my doubts about deleting guild cards to save character files. I value my guild cards and friends more than my character and rares, so I didn't try deleting them. A friend tried deleting his when he got corrupted (NOT the double save type), and it did nothing for him. Also, another corrupted friend could successfully transfer his character to another card to do muiltplayer offline. Sadly, they could not load the corrupted card through slot 1 after that - they had to transfer all their items and start over again. :/

Not sure if that helps. Good luck in restoring your characters.