PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 11 SUCKS!

DualHydra
Aug 1, 2003, 10:12 PM
if you dont think so post WHY here. i dont want something lame like. 0MG !T$ UB3R 1337 B3CUZ !TS 0NL!N3 !T$ G0NNa R0><0RZ P$0.

What_the_dude
Aug 1, 2003, 10:24 PM
Seriously your just a dumb ass if all you think ff11 is an online final fantasy. There thousands of fucking users in japan and ungodly amounts of people in the united states tryed to get into the beta test. Some people are just learning there is a beta test. PSO has nothing on this game because there both completely diffrent games. PSO is a 4 player hack and slash game thats played online with about 6000 people on the US server tops. FF11 is a massive massive game that has thousands of people on 12 diffrent servers. PSO you level up your character level 200 is the max the end. FF11 you have job levels and you get several jobs you can do. Think of it as being a force ranger and hunter on one character. And when you make your job level then you can work on the next one. In short PSO and Final Fantasy 11 are two diffrent games that can be enjoyed. PSO doesnt even need a cheat device for it to go to shit like dupeing and maxing stats with in game offline giltches that can be done as many fucking times as you want. FF11 has a hard drive, hard drives download patches, patches fix things like exploits and hacking. So in short ff11 and pso are two diffrent games and can both be enjoyed. Any one who says other wise is a moron.

DualHydra
Aug 1, 2003, 10:27 PM
was i asking you... i already talked to you about this game...i dont wanna hear what YOU think. so go away xperfect while i hear other real peoples reasons.

What_the_dude
Aug 1, 2003, 10:30 PM
Noooo now they know me.............

Orange_Coconut
Aug 1, 2003, 10:32 PM
I didn't think FF11 was out yet. Where did you play it?

DualHydra
Aug 1, 2003, 10:41 PM
some people imported the game.

Orange_Coconut
Aug 1, 2003, 10:46 PM
Oh, well I actually hope to try it out but I don't think it's one of those types of games that you can just rent. I guess I'll wait for reviews from people I know.

The_Fool
Aug 1, 2003, 11:44 PM
I agree with the idea that ff11 is going to suck total balls just like every other stupid ff ever made they are slow and have pretty lame plots and I'm so tired of hearing about fucking sepheroth if i see one more shit head with that name i going to kill some one there must be at least a thousand people with that name and its gay so stop that shit I think a ff11 is the worst thing to ever happen sense Mario Sunshine

Reenee
Aug 2, 2003, 12:10 AM
On 2003-08-01 20:12, Tidus_415 wrote:
if you dont think so post WHY here. i dont want something lame like. 0MG !T$ UB3R 1337 B3CUZ !TS 0NL!N3 !T$ G0NNa R0><0RZ P$0.

Best. Reason. Ever.

Benoit
Aug 2, 2003, 05:47 AM
I played FF 4, 5, and 6. They were okay, the 5 rocked!
The ones one the NES sucked, except maybe for 3, haven't played it yet. Then every FF after 7 sucked ass. Just graphics, IMO. So an online FF will be even worse. I read the description at the site, and I was not impressed. The dude above said that it won't be an online FF, but it IS based on FF elements. Jobs are FF elements(after having been stolen from Dragon Quest).

Artemidorus
Aug 2, 2003, 12:29 PM
yuck yuck yuck. I HIGHLY doubt I'll enjoy FFXI as much as I have enjoyed the NON-online ones. I think the graphics are awesome, and the battles will be cool too. Plus the music kicks major league booty (as I listen to the FFXI battle music now ^o^). But unless the story plot can be as detailed, beautiful, thrilling, and unpredictable as the plots of most FF's are known for, I doubt I'll like it. If I merely wanna play with people online, I'll go to PSO or just a simple computer game that uses the net.

AUTO_
Aug 2, 2003, 01:27 PM
Most people in Beta who don't like FFXI is because of the interface.

DualHydra
Aug 2, 2003, 07:46 PM
it still sucks...i mean wtf... whats the point of the game?

Benoit
Aug 2, 2003, 08:16 PM
Simple. To live a boring life on it.

Creasian
Aug 2, 2003, 09:04 PM
Is the point that most make being that its a "online" Final fantasy? Pff so many of you people are staying in a smallbox when it coems to this game. This is not a RPG final Fantasy, NOT RPG. This is a online game, as such i think most people would stop complaining if it was called something else. Most people just pissed cause its a Final Fantasy thats online and most dont want to pay a P2P fee. Game looks good, judging by a online game's standards.

1. The game allows you to experience all character growth factors as a sinle character, thus you dont need multiple alternative characters and can invest solely into 1.

2. The sheer amount of Job class's and levels, not including the expansion, plus quests will keep many playing for a long time. Content is needed for any online gamr to keep people special, as in if its very limited then everyone will be the ame VERY quickly and it be like A lemmy Game.

3. Individualization of characters looks, quite a good thing in the end such as PSO took advanatge and many were pretty satisfied. Unknown yet how much selection there is.

4. Security issues, they sucked far as cheating in japan. That is a truth not a fiction, there was alot of cheating going on, YET i havent read much into the current problems if they gotten better or worse. They could have better security in america, that is quite unsure. Could be posative or negative.

5. Multi servers. this means PC and ps2 players can interact and would help those with limited ability to play multiple phone lines. A cable/dialup could allow 2 people to play same time together in same house if money made it that way.. A posative for many, which is good. Can slso be bad when you look at Packet sending and etc from that viewpoint.

6. Final fantasy 11 has nothing to do with The RPG console final fantasies at all. There is similiar aspects yes and summons, and jobs as well. That does not make it a Final Fantasy RPG, this will allways suck to those who hate onliine depandant games. Thats a point people should make.

Does ff11 suck? How the HELL should i know? How the HELL should you all know as well? you imported a game that could have had some bad aspects changed, that says and proves nothing. We are talking about the soon release of the american version yes? Then dont bring in imports cause its proves nothing, yet rather makes you trying toprove something thats still in the air. Beta testers? Its a controlled event, there so many GOOd and BAD factors that arent available yet to beta testers. To make it pretty simple, we cannot really pass judgement on this game that is being released in america until it is and people interact and fully intergrate into the game. We can say it dosent look good to us, or it does, but in the end when we all start saying how the game IS as a fact when its not even released makes us all become bullshiters. We will find out in time. I wont say it either way until i try the damn thing, alot of other people might want to too before they start saying something just sucks.

also, the origonal poster didnt even take the time to say why it sucks to them. Your sarastic remark about what not to post is no better than you just saying It sucks, disagree without backing up you end. I didnt see anything far as reasons, so if you want to reply to mine disagreeing at least lists something from your end other than 1 sentence or say alot when you say nothing at all. Hey not trying to be mean just you said it sucks and to disagree, so i posted a book cause i didnt see anything specific you disliked about it.

polishedweasel
Aug 2, 2003, 11:11 PM
On 2003-08-02 17:46, Tidus_415 wrote:
it still sucks...i mean wtf... whats the point of the game?

*clears throat*

Can you tell me what the point of playing PSO online is? When you find the answer to that, I want you to apply the same answer to the question that you asked above. Online RPG translates to no story line, the game is made for it's community, not the story.

Benoit
Aug 3, 2003, 12:07 PM
PSO HAS story. You do something. In FFXI, there doesn't seem to be anything you have to do. You just live a virtual life.

And don't say it's not a Final Fantasy when the name Final Fantasy is on it.

Artemidorus
Aug 3, 2003, 12:57 PM
I haven't read enough on the magic aspects of Final Fantasy XI. Creasian, are there really summons!? Cuz that is what I wanted to be~a summoner. No thanks to Yuna, but actually cuz of Final Fantasy IX and Terra of FFVI

AUTO_
Aug 3, 2003, 01:57 PM
On 2003-08-03 10:07, Benoit wrote:
PSO HAS story. You do something. In FFXI, there doesn't seem to be anything you have to do. You just live a virtual life.

And don't say it's not a Final Fantasy when the name Final Fantasy is on it.

Stories do help, but I don't think they should be the primary factor in a game.

My friend has the beta FFXI and he's not as shocked as he thought he would be. I haven't seen him play it yet, though.

StryderPSO
Aug 3, 2003, 02:17 PM
Dude i am in the beta, and this game is nothing more than an average MMORPG, which means that its not fun unless you have countless hours to spend and dont mind doing the same thing over an d over again...though its fun for a while, get DAOC if u want a good MMORPG this isnt the best one out there sry guys...i am buying a KB and going back to GC PSO...FFXI is not that great

tank1
Aug 3, 2003, 03:36 PM
im gonna make a black steiner looking guy!
(not much to do with the post cough!)

Creasian
Aug 3, 2003, 06:35 PM
First off.. Ninja Summoner and Samurai <with a few others> ARe being added in a expansion, as most MMORPG's have. Second i never said it wasnt a final fantasy, I just said most people are whining because it has 'final fantasy' in the title! IF it wasnt a final fantasy most people who give a flip cause its just that as i said, most love FF for the RPG sense, not MMORPG. BTW technically this is outside of all Final Fantasy genre, so its not to be taken as just another FF game.

MMORPG's dont shine until they hit the mainstream and gather many many players. Beta is never the same as going Live, I played Everquest in 1999, played for 4 years and said goodbye at that time. Just gave my account away didnt care, but in those 4 years there was many fun events i was in, as any game, its the fun factor that counts in the end. I have rarely found people who played months into a game steadily didnt find something good about it, but those who play for a few weeks or less wont like it cause they never got to the extroidinary complex gameplay further/deeper in.

Not everyone will like FF11, but many will the same. The job system supposed to resemble the FFT type of class's and advancement, which would make it quite long and fun. Only realquestion is you got many different race's, and the different race's unlike FFT dont have set careers, so will be still special for each player really.

Also should mention they are incorporating a strange combo system, where if 1 person or multiple people can land certain spells or phyical hits or such in a perfect order and in synch, then you create a large cdombination that emits large amounts of damage. As i said there is alot still coming..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Creasian on 2003-08-03 16:38 ]</font>

RuneLateralus
Aug 3, 2003, 07:12 PM
Well, having imported the game, I can say I thought the game was the best MMORPG I played...and there are not too many of those I am too thrilled about. The only reasons why I left was money reasons and communication errors (very hard to find parties if you are an English player on a Japanese server).

As I should have enough money at the time, I will be getting the US version.

And as from what I heard, the US version will include the expansion with the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-08-03 17:13 ]</font>

Soundboz
Aug 4, 2003, 01:55 AM
On 2003-08-01 20:41, Tidus_415 wrote:
some people imported the game.

some people are retarted, go megid yourself and never return http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I've played the beta at a friends house, it's so much fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Soundboz on 2003-08-03 23:56 ]</font>

Tetzuro
Aug 4, 2003, 08:20 AM
sorry to say ff11 does have a story its about the war and the battle for the crystals , like in ff1, the orcs start coming all over the land monsters start to rise all that crap and then its up to a band of warriors (the players) to find the source(shadowmaster biggest boss in any game ever!) and restore order to the land and happy happy happy that stuff, the game is good, lots of exploration, cool eye candy its cool if your a ff freak, who has no fuckin life and wants to fuckin complain about a game all day rather then go outside and get poonany then you wont like it but hey w/e http://www.ff11online.com if you go there just read the story there and who gives a freak really does anyone play pso for the story?!?! no way manthey just play it cause its addicting hack n slash fun not because " i have to see rico jump out of falz!!!!!!!!!!!!" " no the ruins is actually a spaceship!!!!!!!!!!' who gives a flying fuck, i just got more thing to say ...........starocean3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tetzuro on 2003-08-04 06:22 ]</font>
loli edit: watch your language + 1 warning

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-08-19 16:10 ]</font>

Benoit
Aug 4, 2003, 08:34 AM
You must be one of the most retarded persons here. There are more people than you think that play PSO for the story. That's not the only reason, but there are people like that. Me, for example. It's a fun game, and it has a deep story. I like it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Again a story about crystals? Does it never end? Well, whatever, it may still be good. *cough, cough* But when I visited their site, there was no mention of any story at all. They were only talking about how great the world is and that you can hunt for monsters or live a peaceful fishing life. Meh. Didn't impress me. I thought it was boring. Well, we'll see what the game becomes, but when seeing a beta, most things are already set in iron.

Tetzuro
Aug 5, 2003, 03:17 AM
w/e frankly i dont care just a freakin game if you wanna front bout it go cry bout it or beat off to some anime chick lol

Captain_Bob
Aug 7, 2003, 07:57 PM
Oh, boy, another final fantasy game! I can confuse myself some more!

But seriously, I've only played the original FF and I didn't get it. I've been waiting for someone to explain it to me so I don't wander around aimlessly trying to figure out why I have to kill stuff.

DarkShinjaru
Aug 8, 2003, 01:30 AM
w/e frankly i dont care just a freakin game if you wanna front bout it go cry bout it or beat off to some anime chick lol

Done, and done! LoL