PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Please help with KOTOR

Mechashadow
Aug 2, 2003, 12:00 AM
I just bought my copy of KOTOR today. I played for a while and my game kept FREEZING!!! ggggrrrr.

So, please help me out. Is this game worth exchanging a new copy for? Should I just get a new game altogether?

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Aug 2, 2003, 12:04 AM
Its obviously a damaged disk.

Look at it under a lamp. Are there scratches? Are there unusually thick lines of data that are darker than others? Is the sealant on the cd too thick in some areas?

I say just take the time to go back to the store and exchange it. They shouldn't give you any hassle.

Mechashadow
Aug 2, 2003, 12:14 AM
That's strange. Because i looked at the disk as soon as I bought it and it didnt appear to have anything wrong with it.

Its a fun game, but freezing every two minutes and forcing me to start over again is not fun at all.

Thanks for posting. I really appreciate it.

Mechashadow
Aug 2, 2003, 12:26 AM
Any more posts?

Dangerous55
Aug 2, 2003, 12:36 AM
Some people are having problems, just exchange it for another disc, its one of the best X-Box RPGs out there.

Mechashadow
Aug 2, 2003, 12:41 AM
On 2003-08-01 22:36, Dangerous55 wrote:
Some people are having problems, just exchange it for another disc, its one of the best X-Box RPGs out there.

Do you own KOTOR? If you do, do you have the same problems?

Dangerous55
Aug 2, 2003, 12:46 AM
On 2003-08-01 22:41, Mechashadow wrote:

Do you own KOTOR? If you do, do you have the same problems?

Yes I owned it and beat it. I have yet to have any problems with it. I said, some people are having that problem. You got a bad disc.

Mechashadow
Aug 2, 2003, 12:49 AM
Thanks alot for your help, D55.

BTW, how long is the game?

Dangerous55
Aug 2, 2003, 12:52 AM
On 2003-08-01 22:49, Mechashadow wrote:
Thanks alot for your help, D55.

BTW, how long is the game?

Depends if you do all the side quests and if you race/play Pazaak/or duel. It took me around 30 hours to beat but I didnt do everything. Also, light side it seems to take longer then dark. You will get at least 30 hours if you do half of the side quests.

Mechashadow
Aug 2, 2003, 12:57 AM
Wow. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif, that's longer than Metroid Prime.

I wish I got a better copy to start off with...

Dangerous55
Aug 2, 2003, 12:58 AM
On 2003-08-01 22:57, Mechashadow wrote:
Wow. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif, that's longer than Metroid Prime.

I wish I got a better copy to start off with...

Ya well Metroid Prime aint an RPG.

Mechashadow
Aug 2, 2003, 01:03 AM
Well, do you know of site with decent KOTOR walkthroughs?

Dangerous55
Aug 2, 2003, 01:10 AM
On 2003-08-01 23:03, Mechashadow wrote:
Well, do you know of site with decent KOTOR walkthroughs?

You dont need a walkthrough for KOTOR.

But if you must... http://www.gamefaqs.com

smallfry
Aug 2, 2003, 03:05 AM
walkthroughs totally ruin a great game like kotor. IMO the story was really good. ya i hear there's a few ppl out there that have the FMV freezing problem after u fight malak the first time...luckily mine runs smoothly.

Mechashadow
Aug 2, 2003, 12:21 PM
lucky you...

Ness
Aug 2, 2003, 06:46 PM
On 2003-08-01 22:36, Dangerous55 wrote:

I agree. I like it almost as much as I like Morrowind.

Mechashadow
Aug 2, 2003, 11:38 PM
really? well i exchanged KOTOR again for a new copy, and then another copy. they ALL had the same problem. Its strange that all three copies had the SAME PROBLEM.
The game always freezes in the same spot(it freezes when its loading "lower city"[when you have to use the sith armor to get past the guard]).

Maybe I should get another game...

RuneLateralus
Aug 3, 2003, 12:54 AM
I have some very occasional problems with my disc as well. Normally, it plays fine, but there are moments when the game struggles and freezes. But it is occasional.

But the same thing you described happening did happen to me and Panzer Dragoon Orta. I exchanged Panzer Dragoon Orta 4 times, and all of them gave me the same reaction. But I discovered that my XBox was the problem. Nothing really serious, just some cleaning. might be a good idea to pick up a CD/DVD-ROM disc and lens cleaner.

But that is my situation. I got so much computer and electronic equipment in my room, that dust collects very easily. You should have seen the amount of dust on the lens cleaner when I took it out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-08-02 22:55 ]</font>

smallfry
Aug 3, 2003, 01:15 AM
i heard of one solution for the FMV freezes, but you mite not like it...Start a new game...luckily you arent too far into the game yet.