PDA

View Full Version : If daredevil is blind...

monkeyfist
Aug 2, 2003, 12:20 AM
why does he have eyeholes in his facemask??
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/superheroes/images/daredevil.jpg

Mechashadow
Aug 2, 2003, 12:23 AM
Good point... I really don't know. Maybe he's trying to compensate for something...

BTW, Ben Aflek + Daredevil = EEWW

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Aug 2, 2003, 12:24 AM
Umm he can still see, in a way, but if his eyes are totally covered he can't see at all.

Its like a separate dimension or something.

*Hasn't seen movie*

Dangerous55
Aug 2, 2003, 12:36 AM
So his eyes dont dry out. Seriously.

Aero_Ruisu
Aug 2, 2003, 12:44 AM
First of all he can see even when they are completely covered as he did when he was in the hospital at the beginnin.
Second of all they may not even be eye holes because they were more of mirrors reflecting sights. He uses them to intimidate his foes
Third of all so his eyes don't dry out cause that is a annoying.

Nerd
Aug 2, 2003, 01:52 AM
So Ben Affleck could SEE. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

tiltnkirby26
Aug 2, 2003, 02:29 AM
He couldn't pay the extra 2 dollars to get the mask without eye holes.........

pixelate
Aug 2, 2003, 02:52 AM
He got it from Batman's garage sale. He's poor, yo.

smallfry
Aug 2, 2003, 02:53 AM
well if ppl knew his mask didnt have eyes...maybe ppl would think that daredevil is someone who's blind or something...and there blows the secret...

Captain_Dude
Aug 2, 2003, 03:38 AM
This still leaves the question: "To be a superhero do you HAVE to wear form fitting latex suits?"

monkeyfist
Aug 2, 2003, 10:30 AM
the answer is a resounding YES

smallfry
Aug 2, 2003, 12:25 PM
of course, lol. it's gotta be leather.

SubstanceD
Aug 2, 2003, 02:30 PM
On 2003-08-02 00:53, smallfry wrote:
well if ppl knew his mask didnt have eyes...maybe ppl would think that daredevil is someone who's blind or something...and there blows the secret...

Damn, smallfry got there before I did. Yes Matt Murdock ( Dare Devil is blind ). While his other senses are super sensitive and he has developed a radar like ability that allows him to funtion as if he still had the use of his eyes technically he CAN'T see anything at all, only sense things around him.

As for why his costume has holes for his eyes, that is so that the enemies that Dare Devil fights don't realise that he is in actaual fact blind, the last thing Dare Devil want is for his enemies to dicover that he has a weakness that can be exploited. In the movie Bulleye discovered that Dare Devil had super sensitive hearing and by exploiting that ( by making alot of noise and as a result screwing up Dare Devils radar ) he was able to learn that Dare Devil was also blind.

The costume ( and the name ) is apparently suposed to strike fear into the hearts of badguys.

Kadavreski
Aug 2, 2003, 03:21 PM
bah i am the forum villiage idiot

*tumbleweed rolls past*

oh sugar

monkeyfist
Aug 2, 2003, 04:02 PM
it thought trickstr was the forum idiot

Dangerous55
Aug 2, 2003, 04:15 PM
On 2003-08-02 14:02, monkeyfist wrote:
it thought trickstr was the forum idiot

Self-proclaimed maybe, but thats nothing.

Ness
Aug 2, 2003, 04:20 PM
On 2003-08-02 00:53, smallfry wrote:

That's what I was thinking.

Neoluke12
Aug 2, 2003, 04:54 PM
Who cares who the idiot is we are all idiots at one point everyone has been called an idiot who is over 3 years old and don't deny it?!?!

Nerd
Aug 2, 2003, 08:48 PM
I think it would be more badass to have the mask WITHOUT eyeholes, i mean think of Voldo of Soul Calibur. "omfg he is kickin my ass without even lookin!" is more what id be thinkin, not 'he is blind i will r0x0r'

Twadz060
Aug 2, 2003, 10:21 PM
Nerd makes a good point, but i was thinkin' the same thing about not wanting his enemies to find out about his blindness

ABDUR101
Aug 2, 2003, 11:07 PM
...now what I'd of done, was have no eye holes, and instead of batons, I'd have a sturdy walking cane, and just as they think they're sneaking up on me to kick my ass, I'd see just how deep the rabit hole goes. =X

Nerd's intimidation idea would work, I mean, if you're getting your ass kicked by someone without them looking, I doubt you're thinking they're blind, just VERY good.

...unless you'd ask them in-between back-hands how many fingers you're holding up. 0_o

*edit*
Typos, Dear God the typos! ;_;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-08-02 21:08 ]</font>

RuneLateralus
Aug 3, 2003, 12:49 AM
Well, his eyes are covered by the costume anyways, so who knows if he could have really seen through them anyways. And I don't think they were for Ben Affleck...as a lot of the film did feature CG...and there is one part where the CG gets out of place and looks bad.

But all in all...who cares? The movie was good, so just enjoy it.

monkeyfist
Aug 3, 2003, 07:27 PM
just my chance to be a technicality nerd http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Kadavreski
Aug 4, 2003, 06:17 AM
the noobish forum idiot,thats me,i am second only to trickstr and it will stay like that!!!!!!

muahahahaha