PDA

View Full Version : Monomate of Death!

tiltnkirby26
Aug 2, 2003, 02:46 AM
As I was going through Ruins in ult mode I was killing and leveling up ,but then I was traped in a room by lans(both ar and mer) so I attacked & healed , attacked & heal then after one died it left a monomate I tried it heal but picked up the monomate instead then one hit me and left me with 0 hp. I was laughing after I saw that I died from picking up a monomate. So funny....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tiltnkirby26 on 2003-08-02 00:52 ]</font>

Kizaragu
Aug 2, 2003, 04:50 AM
I had a similar experience but it was with my first Pal Rappy. I killed it and was getting all excited and just as it was getting up I got hit by an unseen enemy and killed. Serves me right, should of checked the area and made sure I had full health... Haven't seen one since. (Well, Haven't played it since)

Zolpner
Aug 2, 2003, 08:03 AM
Theres a room in the mines where there is a single box, in this box is always a monomate, as soon as you click to pick this monomate up a trap instantly explodes, doing more damage than the monomate can heal.
I call it the 'Monomate of Doom'

XavierDreamknight
Aug 2, 2003, 08:20 AM
o0 Apparently those scientists back on Pioneer 1 worshipped the Monomate. o0

monkeyfist
Aug 2, 2003, 10:32 AM
i do the same thing a zolpner everytime. i know there's a trap there, but i want the box so bad

umbrella
Aug 2, 2003, 10:52 AM
I've dodged that trap before O_0

Kunio
Aug 2, 2003, 10:59 AM
oh yeah the monomate death trap, i call it that cause its killed me before. Now if i run into that room i just walk out.

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 2, 2003, 05:24 PM
that place is easy to avoid. walk up slowly to the monomate after the box is destroyed. right when it says monomate grab it and run. mke sure you have 8 or less. i did this with 10 and i swung my sword and BAM i died.

that was in ult

Logical2u
Aug 2, 2003, 05:47 PM
Lol, so true! It is absolutly horrible when unseen enemies attack you when you cant carry anymore items! Many times Ive gotten attacked because I have 10 Dimates!

Monomate
Aug 2, 2003, 08:36 PM
On 2003-08-02 06:03, Zolpner wrote:
Theres a room in the mines where there is a single box, in this box is always a monomate, as soon as you click to pick this monomate up a trap instantly explodes, doing more damage than the monomate can heal.

yay! i was wondering if i was the only person that noticed that...i avoid that room at all costs...(btw...i just call it the evil box...or the evil room...sometimes the room of doom...or room of death...)

odie2088
Aug 2, 2003, 10:46 PM
ahh, how many times have i thought i had figured out the pattern for which floor switches were fake, then stepped on the fake one while thinking it was real, then getting blown to little midget bits...and the eeeevil boxes in ult mines! argh! i open it and go, hmm, i'm gonna go pick that up, then a small ding, and the trap pops up, and i go, oh crap! then i try to run but i cant becuz it obviously thinks i wanna try to get a trap down with my weapon...which i dont....then BOOM! then the smack sound of my dead body hitting the floor! such fun!

Reenee
Aug 3, 2003, 12:14 AM
On 2003-08-02 06:03, Zolpner wrote:

Yick, it's so easy. I swear it's in every variation. It's always one brown box (there'll sometimes be gray boxes to distract you).

All you do is touch the box, attack (Rods are apparently not a good idea...I tried with a Cane and I'm sure you'd be fine with any gun), and you'll be in the proximity to pick it up.

Soukosa
Aug 3, 2003, 01:41 AM
The "Monomate of Doom" is quite easy to avoid if you're an android http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Just wipe out the trap and you get free monomate. Also, online, in some of the rooms, the trap will follow you before it explodes.

Night_Star
Aug 3, 2003, 01:44 AM
the monomate box eh?
whenever i play with a n00b i see them go in there and start to laugh, because the get blown up. and i just say that i warned them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

silvermax
Aug 3, 2003, 03:42 AM
i hate Death by being forced to pick up items... I’ve since changed all my Healing short-cuts to y or b

saves lots in the death Department

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: silvermax on 2003-08-03 01:45 ]</font>

Dillon
Aug 3, 2003, 05:26 AM
On 2003-08-02 23:41, Kalonera wrote:
The "Monomate of Doom" is quite easy to avoid if you're an android http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Just wipe out the trap and you get free monomate. Also, online, in some of the rooms, the trap will follow you before it explodes.

LMAO!

zimmk2vgc
Aug 3, 2003, 09:35 AM
When playing through ultimate ruins, I never get killed by any of those monsters, its ALWAYS the bloody traps. Traps are my weakness I have to say...always forget that they exist.

Coxy
Aug 3, 2003, 10:38 AM
oh come on, its sooooo easy to avoid, hit the box from as far back as poss then just tap 2wards it a tiny bit till u can get it then walk out, i do it all the time

segafreak
Aug 3, 2003, 12:59 PM
About the Pal Rappy thing.When i first started playing Phantasy Star i didn't have a computer so i didn't know what a Pal Rappy was.One time i walked into that room were a Bartle always appears.You kill it and then two rappies drop.I kept going and killed the one of the rappies.The one that dropped behind me happen to be a Pal Rappy.I didn't know because i was turned the other way because i was fighting the other rappy.I hadn't recovered and i only had half my HP.I was only at level 76 too.I turned around and found the Pal Rappy next to me.Before i could do anything it hit me with a critical hit and killed me.lol.This was on PSO v.2 for the Dreamcast.For all of you who have played it you know how tough the enemies in ultimate are.So I came back all pissed off and it was gone.I got so pissed.For the record i never fought another Pal Rappy.I didn't have a computer and didn't now about the telepipe trick.Then eventually i lost my memory card anyway.

Superfly_TNT
Aug 3, 2003, 01:12 PM
On 2003-08-02 00:46, tiltnkirby26 wrote:
As I was going through Ruins in ult mode I was killing and leveling up ,but then I was traped in a room by lans(both ar and mer) so I attacked & healed , attacked & heal then after one died it left a monomate I tried it heal but picked up the monomate instead then one hit me and left me with 0 hp. I was laughing after I saw that I died from picking up a monomate. So funny....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tiltnkirby26 on 2003-08-02 00:52 ]</font>

too bad that's your fault for putting monomate in the middle. i mean, there's enough idiots in the world already...

Auracom
Aug 4, 2003, 12:00 AM
Fear TEH monomate...
Those boxes can be evil! Similar situations have happened to me. lol

Kunio
Aug 4, 2003, 12:26 PM
I think there could be another one in mine 2, its a room that has a brown box in the center and theres 2 other gray boxes around it. Ive only encountered twice though.

Artemidorus
Aug 4, 2003, 02:42 PM
ya know, I can't believe there is such a HUGE topic on ... *THE* monomate room in Mines. This is really funny if ya think about it. ^o^
chuckle chuckle

Monomate
Aug 4, 2003, 02:51 PM
On 2003-08-04 12:42, Artemidorus wrote:
ya know, I can't believe there is such a HUGE topic on ... *THE* monomate room in Mines. This is really funny if ya think about it. ^o^
chuckle chuckle

isn't it though? i mean...that is *THE* room that everyone knows about...i mean...even n00bs in normal mode prolly know about *THE* monomate. i mean.. who hasn't been caught by it at least twice? (i know everyone but androids has been caught by it once...the first time they ever played...)