PDA

View Full Version : X-box or gamecube..reply with your opinions...

Aqunem
Aug 2, 2003, 05:22 PM
My mom (being very nice to me... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ) wants to get me a dvd player, well i just told her that an x-box can play dvds, she said how much and we are looking as prices. So i am wondering, should i go with an x-box, (mainly for PSO though..yay, no more dc pso..) or another dvd system, if i got the other system i might buy a gc but i don't know, i don't like as many games, but whats better, pso for gc or x-box?

Ness
Aug 2, 2003, 06:45 PM
I say Xbox becuase I like it alot better than my GC.

Gestiv
Aug 2, 2003, 07:21 PM
GC because:
1.) Nintendo will continue to make quality games through the years (even if they don't, at least they'll try http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )
2.) I like the GC games more than the X-Box games... They're just more fun fer me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
3.) Nintendo needs all the help it can get -_-;;

P.S. I'm back! Didja miss me?! =D

s.TiNgEr
Aug 2, 2003, 07:29 PM
You left?

Anyway, I'd go for Xbox. DVD player, hard drive, games. The hard drive will let you save your music onto the Xbox.

Allos
Aug 2, 2003, 08:06 PM
Paying for the online Xbox fees is more $$ I believe, (but don't bash me if I'm wrong) and you need a broadband connection to play online. And in order to play DVD's on Xbox you'll need to buy a $30 controller. Xbox has a few good games but most of them are crap (I'm not saying GC doesn't have crap games but anyway). And most "Only on Xbox" games come out for another platform within a year. If you want a new gaming system go with PS2 or GC. If you want a DVD Game system go with PS2. If you just want DVD, just get DVD.

Dangerous55
Aug 2, 2003, 08:11 PM
Get a PS2 if you dont have it, then get an X-Box. I cant think of 5 GC games I would want.

smallfry
Aug 2, 2003, 08:19 PM
i heard a lot of ppl have screwed up their ps2 from playin dvd movies all the time...

Dangerous55
Aug 2, 2003, 08:22 PM
On 2003-08-02 18:19, smallfry wrote:
i heard a lot of ppl have screwed up their ps2 from playin dvd movies all the time...

I think that was just the first batch of PS2s.

smallfry
Aug 2, 2003, 08:40 PM
dont let the fact that you need broad band to play pso or any xbl game decide whether or not u should get an xbox....i mean whoever doesnt have broad band should get with the times. It's not even expensive anymore. Sure maybe 5-6 years ago, but not now. you should check out True Fantasy Live, it's only gonna be on xbox too.
http://www.xbox.com/tflo/default.htm?cs_catalog=cat%2dus

Dangerous55
Aug 2, 2003, 08:46 PM
On 2003-08-02 18:40, smallfry wrote:
dont let the fact that you need broad band to play pso or any xbl game decide whether or not u should get an xbox....i mean whoever doesnt have broad band should get with the times. It's not even expensive anymore. Sure maybe 5-6 years ago, but not now. you should check out True Fantasy Live, it's only gonna be on xbox too.
http://www.xbox.com/tflo/default.htm?cs_catalog=cat%2dus

Yes, it is still expensive. Even if you have BB, like I do, I still have no idea how to hook my modem to the X-Box or GC or PS2.

But then again, I am dumb with that stuff...

smallfry
Aug 2, 2003, 08:46 PM
I think that was just the first batch of PS2s.

ya, i think you're rite, but i still wouldnt play movies on my ps2.

smallfry
Aug 2, 2003, 09:14 PM
I pay half the price now, then i did 5 years ago for my BB.

Dangerous55
Aug 2, 2003, 09:29 PM
On 2003-08-02 19:14, smallfry wrote:
I pay half the price now, then i did 5 years ago for my BB.

So? If you payed 100 dollars 5 years ago then its 50 today.

Aqunem
Aug 2, 2003, 10:11 PM
Hmm, i would get a ps2, if i wasn't so addicted to pso...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But i think that I will get an x-box, and my mom is getting it for me for free (its a first...i mean something big like this) And i like halo, and cel damage, etc.etc. And the x-box has a built in memory card im pretty sure, and i won't be going online unless my mom will be super nice and let me, but oh well, thats different. So thanks for your opinions, but keep them coming i guess. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aqunem
Aug 2, 2003, 11:28 PM
Quick question, i was wondering that for the x-box version to play online do you need to have x-box live? because i read that at gamefaqs, i just need to know if thats offline also...

smallfry
Aug 3, 2003, 01:21 AM
On 2003-08-02 19:29, Dangerous55 wrote:

So? If you payed 100 dollars 5 years ago then its 50 today.

you're nuts if you pay that much for high speed, that's a rip.

eXo
Aug 3, 2003, 04:24 AM
On 2003-08-02 21:28, Aqunem wrote:
Quick question, i was wondering that for the x-box version to play online do you need to have x-box live? because i read that at gamefaqs, i just need to know if thats offline also...

Yes you must have Xbox live to play pso online and offline http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

eXo
Aug 3, 2003, 04:33 AM
On 2003-08-02 18:19, smallfry wrote:

Hmmm well thats pretty much true but it just didnt come from movies,games and DVD disc over all damaged the system some kind of way resulting in
DRE = Disc Read Error http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif when this happens you can no longer read the blue/purple bottom ps2 disc or the original black bottom ps1 disc.
But as a credit to SONY what a stand up company they will repair any PS2 with this defect its the
SCPH 30001 model series shipment. If you have this model PS2 and have not gotten the DRE yet eventually you will theres nothing you can do to prevent this except not play your ps2 at all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif . Just remember if and when this happens sony will repair it for free all you have to pay is around $5.00 for S/H and they send it back free of charge with a new 90 day warrenty http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Obscenity
Aug 3, 2003, 04:41 AM
Both systems are good. My suggestion would be to get a job and get both. And unless you don't have broadband, I would say to get PSO for the Xbox. There's nobody running around over here with 29 weapons equipped or with max stats at L1. Yeah, having to have XBL to play it kind of sucks, but there are a lot of good XBL games that you would probably want XBL for anyway.

Kizaragu
Aug 3, 2003, 05:00 AM
Like it's been said many times both of the systems have there ups and downs.
I haven't got PSO for my xbox but I don't believe that It would actually (Offline anyway) be much different to the GC.
I personnaly would get a GC and Pso for that (As it's cheaper to go online with and I think it has a wider range of games) BUT it appears to me that you want some sort of DVD player as well, which would mean you should get an Xbox! (It does have a very good DVD player built into it).

I think your just gonna have to sit down and thoroughly think this through before making a final decision. Don't forget to let us know!

Edit: My grammar...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2003-08-03 03:02 ]</font>

Sedyne
Aug 4, 2003, 09:56 AM
Anyone who tells you GC version is better should die. Xbox is so much better. I have both versions, and GameCube does not even compare. GAME CUBE SUCKS BALLS

GuerillaPimp
Aug 4, 2003, 10:37 AM
Xbox for one reason KOTOR. I havent played my GC in about....hmm 8-9 months. There really isnt anything out currently, or planned that really interests me personally on the GC platform.

Sedyne
Aug 4, 2003, 11:25 AM
On 2003-08-04 08:37, GuerillaPimp wrote:
Xbox for one reason KOTOR. I havent played my GC in about....hmm 8-9 months. There really isnt anything out currently, or planned that really interests me personally on the GC platform.

That's because....THe GameCube is lame.

Live's Chat feature give's pso a much much much more lively entertaining envioronment. I have no clue why any jackass would choose GameCube when he could have Xbox, that is unless his friends were on the Cube. Even So i'd still have more fun on Xbox.

Allos
Aug 4, 2003, 11:44 AM
Xbox for one reason KOTOR

You can't say that. KOTOR Is coming out for PC as well. And stop bashing GC. It does have some good games.

Obscenity
Aug 4, 2003, 12:08 PM

Live's Chat feature give's pso a much much much more lively entertaining envioronment. I have no clue why any jackass would choose GameCube when he could have Xbox, that is unless his friends were on the Cube. Even So i'd still have more fun on Xbox.

I have no clue why any jackass would limit his video game experiences by limiting himself to one console or another. It's a bunch of tomfoolery. Every console has exclusive games that I want to play.

Dangerous55
Aug 4, 2003, 01:33 PM
On 2003-08-02 23:21, smallfry wrote:

you're nuts if you pay that much for high speed, that's a rip.

I only pay 40, is that good?

Allos
Aug 4, 2003, 06:46 PM
I pay 40 too.

Sedyne
Aug 4, 2003, 11:46 PM
On 2003-08-04 09:25, Sedyne wrote:

On 2003-08-04 08:37, GuerillaPimp wrote:

I don't limit myself, I own a PC/PS2/Xbox/and GameCube....I have an even number of games per console (i just counted..>Grand total i have 30 combined Console games....

Of the cube...I "somewhat like" 2 of the 10

of the Xbox...I LOVE 5 and decently like most of the rest

of the PS2....I LOVE 8 of them....I was just saying Xbox PSO totally dominates GameCubes, because gamecube really to me, is a piece of crap. It has yet to use its full potential...it actually saddens me.

LostHero
Aug 4, 2003, 11:53 PM
PS2 > Xbox > GC

If its only between the Xbox and GC for some reason then get a Xbox. While I'd rather support the GC - which sports Wind Waker, Metroid and a few other of this years greatest games - they are simply too few compared to Xbox, which has more and better games really.

If you don't have a PS2 I'd get that instead, there is an unholy amounts of good games for it, especially if you like RPG's.

Allos
Aug 5, 2003, 08:39 AM
they are simply too few compared to Xbox, which has more and better games really.

You mind telling me what they are? I can only think of Halo, Panzer Dragoon, mabye Jet Set Radio Future, and that's all I can think of. And if I missed any tell me only Xbox exclusive games. Not anything that's coming out or came out for other systems as well.

saffaya
Aug 5, 2003, 09:12 AM
You mind telling me what they are? I can only think of Halo, Panzer Dragoon, mabye Jet Set Radio Future, and that's all I can think of.

add :
DOA3
DOAX
Ninja Gaiden
Gunvalkyrie
Crimson Sea
Otogi
True fantasy live online.

I agree it's not that many. But far more than all other consoles, IMO of course.
(GC : Metroid, Viewtiful Joe; PS2: GGXX, Growlanser)

Allos
Aug 5, 2003, 12:06 PM
add :
DOA3
DOAX
Ninja Gaiden
Gunvalkyrie
Crimson Sea
Otogi
True fantasy live online.

I agree it's not that many. But far more than all other consoles, IMO of course.
(GC : Metroid, Viewtiful Joe; PS2: GGXX, Growlanser)

I forgot Ninja Gaiden but it and DOAX aren't even out yet so no one can tell if they'll be good. I've never heard of Otogi or Crimson Sea (could you mean blood wake?). And if you do mean Blood Wake that was just meh. It was Twisted Metal on water and I might add that Gunvalkyrie was also just a meh title (IMO, and in the opinion of many game critics). GC has the two u said (although Joe isn't out yet), Zelda, Skies of Arcadia, Rogue Squadron, Mario Sunshine (though I didn't really like it), Monkey Ball, and SSBM. PS2 has a lot more good titles than you mentioned as well.

Allos
Aug 5, 2003, 12:08 PM
Wait, I have heard of Crimson Sea. Nevermind what I said about it. It was an ok game.

Freak74
Aug 5, 2003, 07:10 PM
Screw Bill Gates!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif That basterd!!!