PDA

View Full Version : A question to UK-Gamers.

The_Neon_Samurai
Mar 22, 2001, 01:01 PM
Can any of you point me to an ISP that offers a flatrate which is compatible with the DC? The only ones I can think of are BT and AOL but they don't provide the info you need to register your DC to them. Like Dial Up number, user login, etc. They just send out those stupid discs. When I phoned them, they flat out told me that they don't support the DC. If this continues, I'm going to go bankrupt. I think I'm looking at a phone bill over about 300 quid for 3 months. Please help me!

N21
Mar 22, 2001, 02:03 PM
You can actually use any provider with your Dreamcast. It's not the problem of who is supporting the Dreamcast or not, it's just a matter of "how to configure your DC so it can use your usual provider".

Basically, you have to find a way to enter the provider settings in the Dreamcast OS and change them. It's easy if you have a copy of the US browser called PlanetWeb (v2.004, I suggest you do not use v2.666 even if it supports BBA)

Once you've run v2.004, then you can change the settings, and you can use the same settings you've been using to connect to the internet for your PC (or MAC, but hey... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif)

How can you run such US software ? CDX boot disk and / or Utopia CD Loader.

Once done, use any provider. Save to internal memory, and then you're done.

As far as I'm concerned, my company offers its employees free internet connection w/ free calls, so tons of free PSO hours on me DC http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

See ya !

N21

The_Neon_Samurai
Mar 22, 2001, 02:21 PM
I do have a multinorm DC and the US Browser 2.0 The ISP I currently use is aviators.
The problem is that I don't own a PC/Mac. So I can't just use the data from my "usual" provider since I don't have a PC/Mac provider. Resulting from that I need to find an ISP that not only offers a flat (they're rare around here) but is also willing to give out the information I have to input on the browsers registration page (dial up number, user login, etc.) . Most of fucking ISPs only send out these ISP disc, which don't do jack for me.