PDA

View Full Version : D-Cell Aliens?

Infested_Madcat
Aug 3, 2003, 01:38 AM
This May Not Come To Any1s Mind But Dont You Ever Wonder Why The D-Cell Enemies Are There?
My Theoriy: I Think They Were There To Guard DF From Other People. U Know Like Prison Guards. Plz Repely On This

_Sinue_
Aug 3, 2003, 01:52 AM
More or less, they are spawns of darkness that Dark Falz created. For what purpose, I don't know.. as they were obviously there when Rico went down after the explosion, and probably there well before also judging by the amount of destroyed military hardware you encounter. Probably what remains of Flowen's lost unit.

Some of the creatures are direct spawn of Darkness.. such as the Chaos Sorcerer and Chaos Bringer which you can also find in other Phantasy Star games. Creatures such as the Belra, Damiens, Claw, and Gunners are new though. The Delsaber is probably what I'd guess to be a soldier in Flowens army who was infected and transformed by the D-Type cellular function. After all, they're very human like - reminds you a bit of Olga Flow's second form eh? Also, when you cut off their Left Arm and make a sheild out of it.. there's a visable "Ring" type object attached to it. A type of futuristic dogtag?

PlatypusMaximus
Aug 3, 2003, 07:44 AM
As far as I can understand, they are the result of Dr. Ostos Tampering with Flowen.
In Ep.II you hear about Osto performing experiments on Flowen, and the Results being 3 Bio Weapons, namely Olga Flow, the Gal Gryphon and Beta 772 (De Rol le). When De Rol Le escaped into the Underground, it found it's way to the surface, and injected the wildlife of Ragol, which in turn mutated them into A.Beast, and then Dark types.

When they had finished their Dark Transformation, they gained a link to Dark Falz, allowing her to control them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PlatypusMaximus on 2003-08-03 05:45 ]</font>

Logical2u
Aug 3, 2003, 07:51 AM
The Parasitic D-Cell transformed the Native animals I think... so the minor enemies in Ruins (forget name) are like Boomas, and I think Hildebears are like those Belras.

Raziel_Kai
Aug 3, 2003, 09:02 AM
Dimenians? Are those the ones you are referring to L2u?

Logical2u
Aug 3, 2003, 09:23 AM
yes, thank you Raz,

Coxy
Aug 3, 2003, 10:34 AM
wow some interesting stuff, guess we may never know what it true and what isn't tho

Benoit
Aug 3, 2003, 01:21 PM
It's simple. Those are just monsters created by Dark Force to guard him and to kill. Nothing else.

fury02
Aug 3, 2003, 01:29 PM
those things look like evil little(well big) elves...and there is only one explantion for that. There Santa's evil elves that he banished to the center of Ragol! haha http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 3, 2003, 03:14 PM
i agree, santas been naughty

Moleman
Aug 3, 2003, 06:36 PM
I think that the monsters in the ruins were put there by the race who sealed Dark Force, tostop anyone from releasing him.

Blade21
Aug 3, 2003, 06:45 PM
I agree with that. That or Dark Falz just spawned them.

Kanore
Aug 3, 2003, 07:06 PM
Beta 772, i.e. De Rol Le/Dal Ra Lie, probably infected the Forest monsters with it's tentacle, (the one it attacks you with on the platform) and tranformed them.

Beta 772 was probably a test of the real systems that were going to be used on Flowen for the Olga Flow project, which was going to be based on Dark Falz's infection the Forest Monsters.

Basically, i'm theriorizing that the Forest monsters are the start of it all, and branch out to De Rol and Falz. De Rol turned them into Altered forms, and Falz simply used what we call 'Parasitic Cell D', or whatever.

ShadowJedi
Aug 3, 2003, 07:06 PM
On 2003-08-03 05:44, PlatypusMaximus wrote:
...they gained a link to Dark Falz, allowing her...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PlatypusMaximus on 2003-08-03 05:45 ]</font>

For this, stop reffering to Dark Falz as her!
The enemy/boss in PSO is a incarnation of a conciousness called Dark Falz, it just happens to have taken over a female body, but Dark Falz is sex-less.

And for the D-Cell enemies, they are dark spawns, probably created by the evil conciousnesscalled Dark Falz during the millenia in which it has been trapped in the spaceship.
When the army from Pioneer 1 discovered and entered the spaceship, that army of D(ark?)-Cell warriors assaulted the oncoming army, kiling most, controlled by a single conciousness.

In ep.2 the logs referr to IT, I belive IT is Dark Falz in it's ghost-like state. And IT wounded Flowen, poisoning his body with D-cells...
Osto later experimented with the D-cells extracted from Flowens body, creating biological weapons...
1.De Rol Le: A huge crustacean with a poison that can transform living life-forms.
2.Gal Gryphon: A gigantic monster, with great physical strength.

And by inserting the Olga AI into Flowen's body, he sealed the destiny of all the people on Pioneer 1...
Osto was the reason for Vol Opt running amok, thereby temporarily releasing Dark Falz, when Dark Falz was released temporarily, it sent a shockwave over the planet to wipe out every human and newman on Pioneer 1...

I belive something in the spaceship drew Dark Falz back into it's chamber, once those that had opened the seal were dead.
That's what it means by Unlimited Seal...
Dark Falz can be released, but if he/she who released the Dark conciousness dies, IT is banished, sucked back into the closest place to heaven, inside the spaceship...

And when I say spaceship, I mean the ruins.
With the closest place to heaven, I refer to Dark Falz's chamber, where it keeps the souls of it's victims trapped with it... The closest place to heaven, where souls are trapped forever...

Whoa, I went on and on and on and on......

Benoit
Aug 3, 2003, 07:15 PM
And by inserting the Olga AI into Flowen's body, he sealed the destiny of all the people on Pioneer 1...
Osto was the reason for Vol Opt running amok, thereby temporarily releasing Dark Falz, when Dark Falz was released temporarily, it sent a shockwave over the planet to wipe out every human and newman on Pioneer 1...
Osto was not the reason. Dark Force infected Vol Opt, along with all the robots, with his Photons. And that temporary releasing... doesn't sound convincing. As for that Olga AI, that was to be able to control Olga Flow, but it never worked.

Beta 772, i.e. De Rol Le/Dal Ra Lie, probably infected the Forest monsters with it's tentacle, (the one it attacks you with on the platform) and tranformed them.
Nope, because then you would be seeing A.Beast types in the Forest. They are affected Dark Force's strange Photons. De Rol Le only infected the animals and plants in the Caves.
Beta630 is Gal Gryphon, and he infected the wildlife on Gal Da Val.

ShadowJedi
Aug 3, 2003, 07:24 PM
On 2003-08-03 17:15, Benoit wrote:

Osto was not the reason. Dark Force infected Vol Opt, along with all the robots, with his Photons. And that temporary releasing... doesn't sound convincing. As for that Olga AI, that was to be able to control Olga Flow, but it never worked.

According to a quest, Callus said something from the outside (not Vol Opt, but outside of the mines) was trying to hack Callus.
This means that with "outside" it must be from Gal De Val.
Olga was taken over by Dark Forces and hacked Vol Opt. Callus seemed to be able to resist the hacking for quite some time, but Callus had the least power in control of things around there, at least when it comes to robots.
They never said anything about using the Olga AI to control Flowen, in his current state.
It just said "Olga AI transferred into test subject" or something like that.
Something went wrong after that, all logs ended and Vol Opt was hacked. All personell at Gal De Val disappeared and Dark Falz was released from the spaceship/ruins.

ShadowJedi
Aug 3, 2003, 07:24 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowJedi on 2003-08-03 17:25 ]</font>

Benoit
Aug 3, 2003, 10:14 PM
They're using a human core, in hopes of being able to control it.
In other words,
They're trying to make controllable "Bioweapons" based on "IT."
And they probably were going to control that human core with the Olga AI. Why else would it be placed inside?

According to a quest, Callus said something from the outside (not Vol Opt, but outside of the mines) was trying to hack Callus.
This means that with "outside" it must be from Gal De Val.
No, it can't be Gal Da Val. Montague states himself in Soul of Steel that Olga has no logs after the explosion and the link was shut off from the other side. So it can't be Olga. I believe Calus was being hacked by Vol Opt. If that's not the case, then it's Dark Force.

Daneaus
Aug 3, 2003, 11:08 PM
From my understanding of the story... The militar was mining due to some readouts made by Osto... While mining they found the ship and the seals... they broke the seals and explored the ruins... The monsters there were already out... meaning they were put there by the defenders that sealed falz... they were probably corrupted, but they were there first... then after they military got through the accidently released Falz... who sought out a strong body... so it destroyed everyone in the area... while that was going on though flowen was leadin his unit down in to the depth... was attacked by one of the infected gaurdians... so he was deemed unsuitable for falz... but osto who was a coward and ran... decided to study it... he studied flowen and then they put the olga ai in him to keep data... when he went berzerk because the dcells linked him with falz... they trashed him(down the shoot)... so back on track... after falz blasted everything... it had kept rico alive (how i dont know)... and it knew she would seek it out... or seek out answers... it also knew that the people of pioneer 1 were only an expeditionary force and that there were two more ships on the way... so after it knew p2 arrivived is when it killed everyone/everything that wasnt already its off... im probably not making sense... but yeah... i think that to sum it up... dark falz was found by the military, flowen infected while exploring, flowen taken to research facility where osto experimented with dcells, osto enhanced them and used them on creatures on gal val dal (sp?), then p2 entered orbit, falz released energy killing all but those infected with dcells and the androids it had corrupted (probably through photons like fore stated,it probably had them under its control for a while but kept them as spies of sorts), then rico was left because she was strongest being not infected (flowen would be infected and then changed by osto so falz was in contact with flowen's mind through dcell infection), so then rico finds falz and falz possess her, thereby making that two large dcell organisms are present on areas colonized by pioneer colonists, then all those organisms are given directives through falz through flowen (in case of gal dal val)... thats my theory, tear it apart as need be http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif... thx for lettin me contribute...

Auracom
Aug 3, 2003, 11:30 PM
Very interesting stuff... only thing I don't understand is where the bodies of all the people on P1 went. It's mind boggoling, no? Maybe the Dark forms are actually infected people like Flowen... but that's just my explanation.

_Sinue_
Aug 3, 2003, 11:52 PM
On the one hand, it's very easy to think of Dark Force hacking and controlling the computers and robots aboard Pioneer 1 - as Flowen even says in the game that Osto was researching the effect D-Type Cellular Mutations had on electronic circutry.

However.. NOWHERE in any previous Phantasy Star game has Dark Force ever been able to "Hack" or infect a computer system. Ever. The Biosystems labs going haywire in PSII? That was NeiFirst. The Sattelite Gilan crashing into Palma? By their own admission, that was the Earthmen. In fact, the only two times something like this has ever happened were in Phantasy Star IV. Once, when your Spaceship crashed on Dezolis - however that was the work of a Chaos Sorcerer sent by Dark Falz to sabotage your ship. The other, is aboard the Sattelite Kuran where you fight Dark Force. However, in that scene.. he's merged in directly with the computer terminal and able to physically manipulate it.

I don't think Dark Force's will alone is enough to manipulate machinery in such a way. Perhaps it was a computer virus designed by one of the research teams who had accidentally come into contact with either the D-Type cells or was affected by Dark Falz's evil influence directly. Either way, you know Osto's research was a success because of the implantation of Olga's AI Core into Flowen.

Then again, you never know. The Dark Falz you see here displays powers never seen before out of a mere Dark Force - and certainly never seen before out of a Dark Falz (if the two are somehow different). He seems to be somewhat of a hybrid of Dark Force and the Profound Darkness.. perhaps that is the reincarnation which the Seal on the spaceship was talking about? Dark Force, in a way, IS the Profound Darkness, after all.

Reenee
Aug 4, 2003, 12:53 AM
There was a C-Sorcerer in PS IV?

_Sinue_
Aug 4, 2003, 12:59 AM
Yes, and he was intelligent/scentient too.

(Taken from PSIV Script @ Phantasy-Star.net)

(In the engine room, the group comes face to face with a Chaos
Sorcerer!)

CHAZ: Yikes! Who...who are you!?

CHAOS SORCERER: Oh my, I've been found out already. Well, it doesn't matter now whether I sabotage the engines or kill you right here! You're not getting to Kuran!

Benoit
Aug 4, 2003, 03:07 AM
It's difficult to read that theory, as you are not using sentences. But those monsters are just spawns of darkness. And if you read Flowen's messages, you know he did reach Dark Force, but got wounded and infected, but managed to escape.

However.. NOWHERE in any previous Phantasy Star game has Dark Force ever been able to "Hack" or infect a computer system.
The Dark Force in Kuran was not physically manipulating it. It was indeed hacking the system.
And Episode II confirms that Dark Force has the ability to infiltrate machines by its Photons.

In Phantasy Star IV, even later in the game, the Chaos Sorcerer also appears as a normal enemy in random battles.

_Sinue_
Aug 4, 2003, 04:39 AM
If Dark Force could hack the computers aboard the Kuran in the same manner in which he hacked the systems aboard Pioneer 1.. then why would Dark Force need a physical manifestation of itself embedded in the computer? Couldn't he just hack it remotely by manipulating the photons? How could Wren and Demi stop Dark Falz's manipulation if he could hack it from some remote area.. or just by his will alone? They would need to be there every step of the way to counteract Dark Force's hacking.. because he could always begin right where he left off.

In the game.. when you kill that Dark Force, the hacking stops and it allows Wren to regain control of the sattelite. That says to me he was doing it physically.. and without a physical body there to hack with, he could no longer manipulate the system after Wren left Kuron to make the final adjustments at Zelan.

polishedweasel
Aug 4, 2003, 04:52 AM
On 2003-08-03 17:24, ShadowJedi wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowJedi on 2003-08-03 17:25 ]</font>

ooops! double post!!

Kanore
Aug 4, 2003, 11:46 AM
On 2003-08-03 21:30, Auracom wrote:
Very interesting stuff... only thing I don't understand is where the bodies of all the people on P1 went. It's mind boggoling, no? Maybe the Dark forms are actually infected people like Flowen... but that's just my explanation.

I think those faces in Dark Falz's battlefield are the people of Pioneer 1. Disturbing, but most possibly true.

OnnaWren
Aug 4, 2003, 03:26 PM
Not to butt in, but...

A thing about the DF is that it is never a constant. It is always either evolving (PSIV), or wishing to evolve (PSO). Could not the "viral infection" that runs rampant through the Mines be a side effect of this?

_Sinue_
Aug 4, 2003, 11:46 PM
That's very possible.. even likely. I mean, the bottom line is, it IS happening in PSO. Just because Dark Force could not do it before, doesn't mean he can't do it now.

I get the distinct feeling that this Dark Falz is special. It displays a power greater than all other Dark Forces before it. Multiple Forms, Gigantic Soul Stealing Explosions, Being able to deform the area around the player character.. it almost reminds me more of the fight against the Profound Darkness than of any previous Dark Force battle... although even as powerful as it is, it's still no match for the power the Profound Darkness had.

Should PSO take place sometime after PSIV like many people theorize.. it could be that this Dark Falz might have evolved to become more than what it was.. Since in a sence all Dark Forces ARE the Profound Darkness, this one might be trying to gain power so he can turn back into it's native form. Sort of like if I were to cut off your hand.. then kill you.. your hand would grow another body and eventually you'd live again.