PDA

View Full Version : should i ditch the xbox?

fury02
Aug 3, 2003, 11:40 AM
Well I've been considering this for a short while and was wondering if I should just ditch PSO on xbox and go to PSO on gamecube. I mean I getting tired of seeing lvl 1 using j swords, dark flows, and Black king bars. And also today I logged on and only 250 people were playing! Block 3 only had 50 people in it! No one is ever playing any more...i would expect that gamecube would have more people playing at least. Playing with a mic is getting annoying too, you can't go through a lobby without hering the f word 100 times or some little kid scream at the top of his lungs. I just want to know if switching would be a good idea because i'm really concidering it. Also please dont say things like "Why don't you use both?" because i dont want to pay for 2 hunter licences. Thanks for the help.

Obscenity
Aug 3, 2003, 11:45 AM
There's no point in going over to GC because of all the duped weapons on Xbox. If you go there, you're going to see L1 characters with max stats and 29 weapons equipped. Which is worse? =D

fury02
Aug 3, 2003, 11:58 AM
UGGG! Will this torture ever end??? It's just not fair!*sobs* Well have many people on average are on GC?

ginko990
Aug 3, 2003, 12:02 PM
i woulnd't bother.

K9999
Aug 3, 2003, 12:02 PM
Not many people play on the weekends it seems

Obscenity
Aug 3, 2003, 12:03 PM
Only 250 people? You only need 3 others for a game. =P

fury02
Aug 3, 2003, 12:11 PM
still thats not alot of people compared to the number of people use to be on. and you cant say all 250 are playing Ult. And i mean as the number xbox live compatable games keeps on growing less and less people will play...right?

Obscenity
Aug 3, 2003, 12:17 PM
On 2003-08-03 10:11, fury02 wrote:
still thats not alot of people compared to the number of people use to be on. and you cant say all 250 are playing Ult. And i mean as the number xbox live compatable games keeps on growing less and less people will play...right?

It's also 250 people on a Sunday morning. Mornings are never good if you want lots of people. If there are less people playing now, I'd imagine it's because all the dumbasses with TJ Swords and 4 Al Rappies equipped got bored with the game and stopped playing. In that case, the less the merrier.

Malkavian
Aug 3, 2003, 12:19 PM
Err well it's your decision. Is same game. Probably PSO GC will have longer and healthier life. Also theres Episode 3.
If you can afford all the money for the system switch... anyways don't rush in conclusions. Wait some more time.

lordinviso
Aug 3, 2003, 12:34 PM
I don't know if you want to come to the GC now. Its gay as hell because of the 29 equiped weapons.

andrewfee
Aug 3, 2003, 12:36 PM
I don't think we even had 250 people to begin with on the european xbox version...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: andrewfee on 2003-08-03 10:37 ]</font>

alfredpacker
Aug 3, 2003, 12:46 PM
it the begining there was close to 3000 people on PSOX ant any given time. However everyone canceled their HL becasue it was a total ripoff. I suggest dumping pso for xbox and gc and getting a good game like FFXI.

fury02
Aug 3, 2003, 01:12 PM
well thx everyone for the suggestions, i guess i'll just though it out till Halo2 or TFLO comes out...

Benoit
Aug 3, 2003, 01:14 PM
Please don't start about FFXI being a good game or anything. There's already a topic about that in Rants. Go do your comments there, please.

I have yet to see much hacking on GameCube. If you think the mic is really annoying and you don't see many people, switch to GameCube if you want. But there will still be duping nonetheless. You will still see the same things, albeit less. It's your decision.

Reece
Aug 3, 2003, 01:16 PM
Fury, no don't do that. Go with the GCN version please. XBox is not going to be going for a long time and especially PSO on XB. Go with GCN the hunters license is less money and when PSO III comes out you will be able to play that.

ginko990
Aug 3, 2003, 01:20 PM
On 2003-08-03 11:14, Benoit wrote:
Please don't start about FFXI being a good game or anything. There's already a topic about that in Rants. Go do your comments there, please.

Your not a mod, stfu. Tired of everyone pretending to be one.

fury02
Aug 3, 2003, 01:20 PM
i jus dont know because i see how gcube has all those quest that i want, but then again i'll lose all those hours i've worked on psox.

tank1
Aug 3, 2003, 02:45 PM
do wotever u feel is right!

Cynosure_Zen
Aug 3, 2003, 02:52 PM
On 2003-08-03 11:16, Reece wrote:
Fury, no don't do that. Go with the GCN version please.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Blue-Hawk
Aug 3, 2003, 02:58 PM
On 2003-08-03 12:45, tank1 wrote:
do wotever u feel is right!

Damn, you said what I was going to say, but in broken engrish. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Can people not make a decision for themselves anymore? Do what YOU want, fury. Not what others tell you to do.

Benoit
Aug 3, 2003, 05:01 PM
You're not a mod either, so what gives you the right of saying "stfu"? You got a problem, my friend.

clance
Aug 3, 2003, 05:30 PM
On 2003-08-03 11:20, ginko990 wrote:

On 2003-08-03 11:14, Benoit wrote:

Ginko dont be such an asshat just because benoit is fed up with people posting about FF in the wrong topic dosnt give you the right to have a go at him. Geez

Neoluke12
Aug 3, 2003, 05:46 PM
Does anyone know if the uk version online for gamecube is alright as I might be going online for my gc.

Benoit
Aug 3, 2003, 06:17 PM
As far as I know, there aren't any problems.
Sometimes the server is down for a while, but if it takes too long to get up, we get a free day extra on our Hunter's License. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ShadowJedi
Aug 3, 2003, 07:45 PM
I'd say, don't leave the Box, you'll lose all of your hours, and unless you've got a keyboard for the GC, you'll have a very large handicap in conversation.
Stay on the box for as long as possible, and how do you see level 1s with J-swords/BKBs/DarkFlows on Ultimate???????

fury02
Aug 3, 2003, 07:56 PM
On 2003-08-03 17:45, ShadowJedi wrote:
...and how do you see level 1s with J-swords/BKBs/DarkFlows on Ultimate???????

when my ult character was in normal I saw people doing it...

Para
Aug 3, 2003, 08:28 PM
On 2003-08-03 09:45, Obscenity wrote:
There's no point in going over to GC because of all the duped weapons on Xbox. If you go there, you're going to see L1 characters with max stats and 29 weapons equipped. Which is worse? =D

thats strange o_O;

anyways it depends on you. if money isnt a factor, go for GC. i mean if you have friends for offline play, GC is better. besides those two factors, you might as well stick with xbox i guess... i prefer gc myself though

fury02
Aug 3, 2003, 08:29 PM
well thx for all the suggestions guys, I'll jus have to think it over

Denny
Aug 3, 2003, 08:34 PM
I'm not going to even bother with the whole Xbox vs GC thing again because it seems that people try to find any excuse to get one of these topics going.

If you're tired of the Xbox version, get rid of it! You shouldn't need the advice of people on a message board that is heavily slanted in favor of Nintendo (it's like a cult IMO) to tell you what to do with the Xbox version of PSO.

1. Do YOU like the Xbox version?

2. Are YOU tired of the Xbox version?

3. Do YOU want to throw away the hours you put into the Xbox version?

Answer those questions and just make your own choice man. You'll feel better knowing that it was your choice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Denny on 2003-08-03 18:35 ]</font>

K9999
Aug 3, 2003, 09:09 PM
The GC version is the same as the fucking XCOX version. I am only playing till WoW gets released because console online RPGs thus far have been shit.

Para
Aug 3, 2003, 09:20 PM
actually GC version has 1 different thing (that i know) compared to the XBOX version. GC doesnt have hit materials while the XBOX version does... personally i think hit materials are unbalanced and should be kept away from any PSO game.

AxemPunanny
Aug 4, 2003, 04:40 AM
hit mats?! I haven't seen one hit mat on Xbox. Are you referring to hacking online of hit mats? I wouldn't know since I haven't logged online yet.

Yo, Fury, I think I'm going to log onto PSOX online soon; mightest use up that free month already. I'd like to be able to gain more exp while playing online, and maybe I could start on that c-mode ranking online too. There's gotta be some players on Xbox (and GCN) that are good to play with (no bad cheaters and annoying people).

polishedweasel
Aug 4, 2003, 04:47 AM
TO RESPOND TO THE ORIGINAL QUESTION:

No, Xbox is a better system and you can do more with it. GC is just for goofing off in my opinion. And PSO is the same game for both systems so there's no reason to spend anymore money on the game.

Sonic646
Aug 4, 2003, 07:16 AM
I own both games and for some reason I feel the GCN version is a lot better. I didn't trade in my game because I only get $12 for it! If you already own a gamecube I suggest you get that version because it has less hacking and is a more enjoyable experience. You will also be able to use the hl with Ep3.

Obscenity
Aug 4, 2003, 07:47 AM
If you already own a gamecube I suggest you get that version because it has less hacking and is a more enjoyable experience.

Less hacking, more duping, more max stats, more multi weapon equipping, more character corrupts. There's also less voice chat. As far as I can tell, unless you'realready playing it or don't have broadband, there's no reason to play the GC PSO over the Xbox version. And before you start accusing me of being a Microsoft fanboy, I do own both systems, along with almost every other console ever made.

AndyPandy
Aug 4, 2003, 08:21 AM
Yeah, you have to agree XBOX is gonna be the one for new peeps to play. Gamecube servers are way laggy of late, and what with the current seemingly un-patchable exploits and character corruption on Gamecube, it doesnt take a expert to work out which to go for. I think you have got more chance of a safer playing environment on XBOX, that coupled with the fact that everyone on LIVE has BB and you have access to all the other cool stuff LIVE has.

Benoit
Aug 4, 2003, 08:59 AM
Just wait until they find how to use hacks against your character, and you'll be sorry. There's no reason to choose the XBox over the GameCube either. Just stop it.

No, Xbox is a better system and you can do more with it. GC is just for goofing off in my opinion.
Can I say biased? There are more good games on GameCube than on XBox. The online aspect is just better. That's all. Not to mention that it's the most expensive of the bunch.

Obscenity
Aug 4, 2003, 09:04 AM
On 2003-08-04 06:59, Benoit wrote:
Just wait until they find how to use hacks against your character, and you'll be sorry. There's no reason to choose the XBox over the GameCube either. Just stop it.

Actually, there is. I listed a whole bunch of them. I never have any problem admitting when I'm wrong. I wish others were the same way.

AndyPandy
Aug 4, 2003, 10:43 AM
On 2003-08-04 07:04, Obscenity wrote:

Actually, there is. I listed a whole bunch of them. I never have any problem admitting when I'm wrong. I wish others were the same way.

doh, yeah mebbe there is, BUT, they are patchable...for gawd sakes...lol. There are plenty of reasons to choose XBOX over Cube, Voice comms, Patchable servers, faster more reliable servers cos everyones on BB, player bannings, the possiblilites of superior downloadable content, you can make as many characters as you want without buying another memory card, connectivity with other LIVE enables titles, superior sound through optical out. PLUS you dont get character corruptions.....is that enough reason?

Oh, ..and no one can harm my characters, they will find its pointless.

I went on GC the other day...too much lag for me matey, and too much stopping to type stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2003-08-04 08:50 ]</font>

fury02
Aug 4, 2003, 10:44 AM
Wow this is becomeing a very interesting topic, everybody has there own pro's and con's for each version. Well I think I'll get the GC version and play it offline for awile then see which I like better.

Lucas2k4
Aug 4, 2003, 10:49 AM

No, Xbox is a better system and you can do more with it. GC is just for goofing off in my opinion.
Can I say biased? There are more good games on GameCube than on XBox. The online aspect is just better. That's all. Not to mention that it's the most expensive of the bunch.

I dont' have the Xbox version either, but, Your also being biased. It doesn't really matter what system you have they both have their pros/cons.

Obscenity
Aug 4, 2003, 11:00 AM
On 2003-08-04 08:49, Lucas2k4 wrote:

I dont' have the Xbox version either, but, Your also being biased. It doesn't really matter what system you have they both have their pros/cons.

You're right. Every console has pros and cons. I just happen to think that in the case of PSO, the pros of the Xbox version far outweigh the cons. The GC version really has nothing going for it as far as I can see, outside of the number of people playing. And that in itself is also a con. I've been on the GC servers. I guess the GC fanboys would consider the lag a pro. =D

Benoit
Aug 4, 2003, 11:04 AM
Both versions are equal. Just stop it.

doh, yeah mebbe there is, BUT, they are patchable...for gawd sakes...lol.
GameCube is patchable too. It's maybe harder, but it can be done.

There are plenty of reasons to choose XBOX over Cube, Voice comms
Depends on your taste. I personally don't want to hear the F-word each time I enter in a lobby and kids whining. I prefer the keyboard to communicate. Again, taste.

faster more reliable servers cos everyones on BB
GameCube servers are pretty reliable too. It depends on the server, not the connection people use. For example a server may be fast but it's slow for you because you're still on 56K or something.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=61727&forum=3&3

player bannings
People get banned on GameCube too.

downloadable content
The versions are the same. The XBox version is nothing more than a port from the GameCube version. There is no downloadable content other than Download quests, which are also possible on GameCube.

plus you dont get character corruptions
You get less of them, but they are still there. Especially on memory cards.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=61270&forum=3&7

Well I think I'll get the GC version and play it offline for awile then see which I like better.
You'll find that it's no different if you only play offline, though.

Obscenity
Aug 4, 2003, 11:08 AM
On 2003-08-04 09:04, Benoit wrote:

Both versions are equal. Just stop it.

They really aren't, though. Sorry if you disagree, but you're wrong.

Smile
Aug 4, 2003, 11:49 AM
playing it offline on gc is no different from xbox. the real difference is the online part. i wouldn't know about the gc version. i have an xbox and live so (duh) i play psox. and if you really dont like the j swording, go play ep2 ultimate. b happy when level 110 jay swording humars die to 1 hit from sinows.

Cynosure_Zen
Aug 4, 2003, 01:17 PM
There are more good games on GameCube than on XBox.

Really? Because you say so? Or are you just imposing you're opinion on others? HYPOCRITE!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cynosure_Zen on 2003-08-04 11:18 ]</font>

Link00seven
Aug 4, 2003, 02:12 PM
After my 2 free months on Xbox PSO. I am ditching Xbox PSO.

I dont even regret it. PSO X was crap IMO (less quest, less people)

Link00seven
Aug 4, 2003, 02:12 PM
After my 2 free months on Xbox PSO. I am ditching Xbox PSO.

I dont even regret it. PSO X was crap IMO (less quest, less people)

Para
Aug 4, 2003, 02:19 PM
On 2003-08-04 08:44, fury02 wrote:
Wow this is becomeing a very interesting topic, everybody has there own pro's and con's for each version. Well I think I'll get the GC version and play it offline for awile then see which I like better.

get your friends to play offline multiplayer with you. its fun.

polishedweasel
Aug 4, 2003, 03:00 PM
Um...I didn't mean for my comment to turn into a semi lame fanboy battle.

I was saying that Xbox is a better. I own a gamecube so you cannot call me biased. For further notice, I don't own an Xbox. So, bias is out of the piture.

Um...well, this topic is boring me so I guess I'm out of it. Until something interesting gets said, I've seen this argument already.

FinalHell
Aug 4, 2003, 04:08 PM
Well the Xbox has More online games than the game cube. If your willing to give up different types of games to play. I'm not saying GC is worse, im sayin that theres not alot of games out there for the GC that goes online. If you already have the GC then go for it and tell every1 wat u think is better.

Shadow360
Aug 5, 2003, 06:32 PM
Well. I guess I will put in my 2 cents.

I have both but I play XBOX more. Mainly because I have friends that I can play with off-line or on-line since they also have PSOX.

As far as going into lobbies and hearing stupid people cursing or screaming, there is the feedback option that you can use. I use it every now and then.

And as far as those low levels using hacked items such as Rappies, J-swords and such. I just ignore those games.

In short I will not let other people ruin my PSO experience. I like the game and will continue to play it for a long while.

oranhuNTER
Aug 5, 2003, 10:07 PM
Go Cube. There are probably 500-600 people online at all times...not including the 800-1500 Japanese players online which are true legits... GCN pwnz xbox, also if you go GCN theres always me and my friend Reloaded to play with! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

JohanCC
Aug 5, 2003, 10:56 PM
both are equal with their own pros and cons. play what appeals to you most. personally, i have cube, but thats because most of my friends have cube.

Solidus_Snake
Aug 6, 2003, 12:59 AM
Even though im a xbox supporter and always will be till a better system comes out and try it for myself, do your studies, find out pros and cons of systems and find out which one fits you most based on your results. Each system has its own advantages. But communication wise gamecube fails i say. hard to talk until you get your hands on a keyboard. Plus theres only one available online game for you to use the bba for and thats PSO.

If your concerned about money ill list the stuff you gotta buy for GC

GC itself 100-150 dollars
PSO 30-50 dollars
BBA probably around 30 dollars
And if you want any hope of communicating in some way other than built in keyboard prolly 30-40 dollars

total? 190-270 dollars... plus HL= 200-280

I personally wouldnt pay that much if you had already invested in xbox. And unless your a frickin millionair which i highly doubt you are and are concerned about the cost to pay that much to experiment only for PSO is not a wise decision

And benoit i wanna see what retaliation you have to this i really do.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solidus_Snake on 2003-08-05 23:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solidus_Snake on 2003-08-05 23:03 ]</font>

Logicone
Aug 6, 2003, 01:40 AM
I personally like the Xbox version. You run into the ocasional asshole every once in a while, but where dont you? Most people in Ultimate are nice, polite, and dont scream. The mornings is actually the best time to log on. The games fill a bit faster, and there are no annoying kids with squeaky voices, offering you an Al Rappy. However, the Xbox version still has its cons. You have less quests and weapons than the other versions. And....um....you have the squeaky voices, no wait, you can fix that with voice banning, turning don the volume, or not using it. Erm....someone help me with the cons! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

AndyPandy
Aug 6, 2003, 02:44 AM
On 2003-08-05 20:07, oranhuNTER wrote:
Go Cube. There are probably 500-600 people online at all times...not including the 800-1500 Japanese players online which are true legits... GCN pwnz xbox, also if you go GCN theres always me and my friend Reloaded to play with! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lol the Japanese are the ones that ruined both the original DC version and the Original CG version, I would hardly class them all as true legits.

Delsaber
Aug 6, 2003, 03:01 AM
Just remember this one game for Xbox. True Fantasy Live Online.

silvermax
Aug 6, 2003, 03:04 AM
On 2003-08-03 09:40, fury02 wrote:
Playing with a mic is getting annoying too, you can't go through a lobby without hering the f word 100 times or some little kid scream at the top of his lungs.

what else would you..... COULD you expect of people?

truly a sad world we live in.....

K9999
Aug 6, 2003, 03:32 AM
The only reason to play on GC is if you have not entered puberty or are a female. Or if you only own a gamecube. And the comment on GC games being more fun. What GC games have you bought since Metroid and Zelda or will buy after FZERO X? GC has good 1st party games but all others are not very attractive

_Sinue_
Aug 6, 2003, 07:23 AM
Ikaruga is a pretty fucking fun game I think. One of the few gaming treasures of this generation. It's a current relese, 3rd party, and only on the NGC (or Dreamcast if you're an importer). I don't know too much about what's on the horizon for the NGC though.. but Viewtiful Joe looks interesting - as does P.N.03. Resident Evil 4, hopefully, will deliver the changes Capcom's been promising.

As far as games go.. NGC actually has some of the best of this generation. I'd rank the DC at #1 still, NGC & Xbox tied because they both have great titles but geared for different audiences, and the PS2 comming in dead last.. as I'm still having trouble finding anything decent to buy on that system despite it having the MOST games out of all of them combined.

Though I may just have to give the Xbox the upper hand thanks to their online strategy. They may be Broadband only - but at least their games are worth playing. Aside from SOCOM, the PS2 doesn't really offer much... the DC is, sadly, dead... and the NGC has ONE title. Not exactly stiff competition there for MS.

AndyPandy
Aug 6, 2003, 07:54 AM
heh, luckily I own most of the consoles out there. Yeah they all have good and bad games, but I see the future of gaming online. At least Microsoft have responded to what gamers want, and have given them XBOX LIVE. I just buy the best games for each of my consoles. Its pretty cheap to afford to run two consoles nowadays and just pick the AAA titles for each, that way your on a winner.