PDA

View Full Version : If ignorance is bliss, then why aren't more people happy?

Intimidacius
Aug 4, 2003, 09:35 AM
Everyone is ignorant in their own way. An athlete probably doesn't know one thing about astrophysics. A rocket scientist probably doesn't know too much about Orthopedic surgery. But so many people today seem more ignorant than ever. Yet so many people are unhappy. Why? If ignorance is bliss, then why aren't more people happy? (Intimidacius did not create this question, he found it on a quote website). This leads Intimidacius to propose that ignorance is indeed connected to bliss. 'Y' is bliss. 'X' is ignorance. Y = X? Or is it Y = 1/X? Or is it Y = -X?

Someone help Intimidacius out. Hint: Intimidacius' theory is that Ignorance and bliss are directly related. The less ignorant, the happier the subject.

Benoit
Aug 4, 2003, 10:40 AM
Benoit thinks that if you're ignorant and unhappy, then happyness is not being ignorant. Therefore: Y = -X

Aredhel
Aug 4, 2003, 11:50 AM
There's a big difference between ignorance and enlightenment. As such, we are all ignorant until we recognize supreme truths in the universe. Will we ever truly be satisfied by our enlightenment? Probably not- there will always be doubt seeing as how none of us are the creator. So ignorance is only bliss until you reach to know more than is your alotted knowledge. If there is no limit to imagination, though - does this make us GOD?

Micah
Aug 4, 2003, 02:23 PM
coughbullshitcough

muff
Aug 4, 2003, 02:30 PM
The least ignorant are happy.
The most ignorant are happy.
The suckers in the middle aren't.

Ness
Aug 4, 2003, 03:08 PM
When they say ignorance, they meant ignorace as in not knowing the basics about life and the world around you.

OnnaWren
Aug 4, 2003, 05:42 PM
I don't know if it's ignorance per se (or is it intolerance... hmm, ignorance=intolerance? Or vice versa?), but I've found that the less ignorant a person is, the more content with his/her own life they will be.

So maybe it's not pure bliss, but I'll be happy to settle for contentment.

Y=-X

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2003-08-04 15:43 ]</font>

UltimateEnigma
Aug 4, 2003, 09:54 PM
If one more person calls Intimidacius a loser im going to personally kick your asses. -_-

polishedweasel
Aug 5, 2003, 02:25 AM
I have one question for Intimidacious or however you spell it:

Do you have that big of a head that you must talk about yourself in third person? I'm not even that bad, Trickstr isn't even that bad!

Dime
Aug 5, 2003, 02:34 AM
But Dime is.

Intimidacius
Aug 5, 2003, 10:04 AM
Since when do people care so much for grammar? Intimidacius uses the third person. Some people do not use punctuation. Some people avoid using capital letters to initiate new sentances or to indicate proper nouns. Some people do not conjugate correctly. Take your pick, Intimidacius has taken his. This way, all are equally ignorant.

Now for the comic relief: when Intimidacius was but a flow chart, he found that he thought he was happy but constantly was unhappy. Upon finding the form of a fully functional robot he found he had more knowledge and was angry less often. The moral of the story is that knowing the right things brings happiness, knowing useless things (such as video-game facts) doesn't bring lasting joy. That, or maybe the moral is to never brush your teeth upside-down for the toothpaste ends up all over the floor.

Intimidacius' bologna has a first name, it's B-O-O-M-A! Intimidacius' bologna has a second name, it's B-O-X!

Bit
Aug 5, 2003, 12:23 PM
Ignorance is just a shield for some people to hide behind. They think they will be safe in their own world, and shut themselves off to everyone in an attempt to be accepted, when in fact they are pushing those close to them away. They are stuck in their own path, and won't sway from it.

Or something like that.

Micah
Aug 5, 2003, 02:38 PM
micah has no idea why hes posting this

DualHydra
Aug 5, 2003, 02:45 PM
hey i heard about that in a song before

all these words make no sence
i find bliss an ignorance
nothing seems to go away
over and over again...
just like before
everything you say to me
cause im one step closer to the edge
im about to break
i need a little room to plague
cause im one step closer to the edge
im about to break

o wait....sorry...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tidus_415 on 2003-08-05 12:47 ]</font>