PDA

View Full Version : Mag: Good mind mag?

Kojiro_
Aug 4, 2003, 03:26 PM
Since I'm relatively new to mag raising, I'll ask some of the vets at this sutff to help me out. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I want to raise a good mind mag for my FOmar, although, I don't know which mag would best be suited for him, and what Photon Blasts would work best. So, if you could help, that'd be thx.

muff
Aug 4, 2003, 03:30 PM
For a Fomar try to make a mag with decent power, dex and mind. Something like...

10/80/60/50 with Pbs Pilla, Estilla and Twins. Youll need to switch between chars to get it but it will be worth it.

Fanatic
Aug 4, 2003, 04:25 PM
Depends on your playing style. If you have these weird delusions that you are really a HU in a funny costume and absolutely need to melee monsters, put pow and dex on the mag. Otherwise just go with a regular mind mag (plenty of guides for those).
(As you can tell, I'm pretty biased against melee for regular forces ^_^)

Whether you go for techs or weaponry, choose a mag with 3 x Invulnerability + Reverser. You don't really need the S/D of the others, since you're a FO and could provide it yourself in case you wanted.

Fo PBs, get Estlla and Pilla, which do good damage. As for the last, my best bet is to throw in M&Y for those nice online PB chains ^_^

Kojiro_
Aug 4, 2003, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the response. The only mind guide I seen so far is the Sato Mind One? Don't worry, I'm not some force who thinks he should go crazy on the Melee, although I'm using my crappy little Talis right now on Hard while I work my way up to Ult.

Oh, and btw, I'm stuck offline, so no PB chaining for me unless I play with my friend on offline multi. ;.;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kojiro_ on 2003-08-04 14:36 ]</font>

Fanatic
Aug 4, 2003, 04:55 PM
Actually, you can follow the Sato mind mag guide but simply use another character for the lvl 99->100 step. For instance, a male FO with those ids will give you a nidra, which is also 3 x Inv + rev, and is much easier to raise....

If you're feeling very patient, you can also try for a 50/0/0/150 rare mag, but beware the time and effort it takes.

As for PBs, don't worry too much about them. As a tech using FO, you won't PB much at all.

Artemidorus
Aug 4, 2003, 05:08 PM
My friend is a FOmar that balances greatly between melee-ing and magic casting. I'm not 100% sure about the mag's stats, but its a Nidra and I believe its def:25 pow:25 dex:50 mnd:100
No matter what you raise, make sure it has at least 100 mind-your a force, duh. If you'd rather be more of a spell-caster then try def:25-50 dex:15'ish pow:10'ish and all the rest to mind.

Kojiro_
Aug 4, 2003, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the replies, only problem now is.. finding out how to raise all those stats. ;.;

Bad_Dreams99
Aug 4, 2003, 05:35 PM
The best stat raisers are antomizers. Star sol and moon. I like using them the most because they bring up more than 1 stat very slowly, so if u need power, it will give u that + dex

Freak74
Aug 4, 2003, 06:49 PM
It all really depends on how you really play. As of right now I am using a mag with 5/115/80/0. Thats only because I love to melee with him. =P If you plan on just casting I sugest that you just feed monofluids and then difluids. This way you will only raise def slightly, unless you want def. I hope I helped http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Kojiro_
Aug 4, 2003, 09:11 PM
Well, my friend just gave me one of the mags he made. It's a Lvl 200 Nidra with 46/4/25/125, this good?