PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Team has answered my prayers

AUTO_
Aug 5, 2003, 03:36 AM
Thank you for your interest in Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II.
In our attempt to assist you as quickly as possible, we have sent this
automatic reply to you based on the most common sets of questions we
receive from our customers.

If you have questions for getting your Game Cube connected online, or
to find out where to purchase a modem or broadband adaptor for your Game
Cube, please contact Nintendo customer support at: 1-800-255-3700

Please visit the PSO Online Episode I & II website where you will find
all the information you need about PSO, including how to purchase a
Hunters License, how to check or edit your account information, and much
more! Click on this link to go directly to the FAQ page of our website:

http://www.sega.com/community/profiles/pso_gcn/pc_front/gcn_pc_help_faqs.jhtml

If the FAQ's do not answer your question(s) or address your concern(s),
please reply and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Sega Support

----- [email protected] Wrote -----
Birthdate: 7/19/1987
Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Email: [email protected]
Phone#: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Problem: I was wondering if Sonic Team is planning to release any new
patches for the plague of new duping/cheat methods on Gamecube PSO.

I've recently been informed about Maxing character stats through a
glitch in the offline game, another recent glitch that allows up to 29
weapons to be equiped at once...

Please Sonic Team...you're already getting a bad enough reputation from
fellow PSO players by the overall service of your servers...if you want
your fans to continue to play this awesome game, I suggest you put some
effort into the things ruining PSO.

Thanks for your time.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

AndyPandy
Aug 5, 2003, 03:47 AM
Urm, so what was your prayer?

Kujin
Aug 5, 2003, 03:50 AM
On 2003-08-05 01:47, AndyPandy wrote:
Urm, so what was your prayer?

Problem: I was wondering if Sonic Team is planning to release any new
patches for the plague of new duping/cheat methods on Gamecube PSO.

I've recently been informed about Maxing character stats through a
glitch in the offline game, another recent glitch that allows up to 29
weapons to be equiped at once...

Please Sonic Team...you're already getting a bad enough reputation from
fellow PSO players by the overall service of your servers...if you want
your fans to continue to play this awesome game, I suggest you put some
effort into the things ruining PSO.

Thanks for your time.

AndyPandy
Aug 5, 2003, 03:52 AM
Sonic Team has answered my prayers.....im lost here, they have answered your prayers? it looks to me like they have fobbed you off like they do eveyone.

Its a bit of a misleading topic title dont you think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2003-08-05 01:54 ]</font>

Kujin
Aug 5, 2003, 03:53 AM
On 2003-08-05 01:52, AndyPandy wrote:
Sonic Team has answered my prayers.....im lost here, they have answered your prayers?

it's sarcasm. he is mad because he wrote them a letter and he got a silly auto reply e-mail back. i don't like those either, but at least sonic team is sending him something back.

edit : grammar (just woke up)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kujin on 2003-08-05 01:55 ]</font>

AndyPandy
Aug 5, 2003, 03:56 AM
Heh, yeah we live in a world of auto replies and call centers, sux dont it.

AUTO_
Aug 5, 2003, 03:56 AM
I wrote them back--hopefully a robot doesn't reply back.

Kujin
Aug 5, 2003, 03:58 AM
Yes.
> AndyPandy

Tenton
Aug 5, 2003, 11:46 AM
i did the same thing too....i even e-mail them how to dupe, max state, fsod other player(dont kill me>.<)

ya...the first replay is always like that, u have to reply that reply again to get an real human answer. Dont write a new one, u will still get the same cold blood machine reply

Reenee
Aug 5, 2003, 12:24 PM
Let's see something here:

Sega

Sonic Team

2 DIFFERENT developers!

You should've e-mailed Sonic Team, dammit.

DesertFox
Aug 5, 2003, 12:51 PM
Why does everyone email Sega? They have almost no control on this game, Sonicteam has the control, but still not enough to end the misery of cheating.

Rownan
Aug 5, 2003, 01:57 PM
If only it were that easy.

Perhaps if we pick a day in the future, like some time next week. We communicate it throughout the PSO community. On that day, we boycott and no one goes online(or everyone goes on and we bring the servers to their knees). Or maybe we all call and cancel our hunters licenses(only to reactivate them the following day). At the same time we call Sega/Sonic Team endlessly complaining about the cheating, and we write emails like crazy. Also days ahead of time we send snail mail to Sonic Team.

If they get the idea, maybe they will at least acknowledge the problems we are experiencing. We should expect any movement on their part, but so far we haven't even got an acknowledgement by Sega that these problems exist.

If they come back and say "we feel for you, but there is nothing we can do" then I will at least be happier than I am now....

ExoZero
Aug 5, 2003, 03:13 PM
Hes as happy as a rappy they answered his e mial which is some what impossible by what I know

Brett
Aug 5, 2003, 03:34 PM
Heh, I agree, I think that everyone should cancel their hl's for a couple days. just a couple, I think everyone could live with that. post it on every forum you can and if sonic team doesn't respond to everyone doing that then I'm not sure what will get them to respond....

AUTO_
Aug 5, 2003, 04:29 PM
On 2003-08-05 10:24, Reenee wrote:

Sega

Sonic Team

2 DIFFERENT developers!

You got the link?

I clicked on the "Contact ST customer service" on PSOW's homepage.

IcEmAnTK
Aug 5, 2003, 04:55 PM
u stupid noob sonic cant fix it or they would have I cant w8 till GC is hakked and ppl like u will be destroyed

IcEmAnTK
Aug 5, 2003, 04:57 PM
and tenton or wut ever ytf u do that god ppl like u r so clueless they kno bout all that lol they fixed it on xbox cuz of the hardive but GC got mem cards so they cant so sux to be a legit in a world of hakkerz

SC2
Aug 5, 2003, 05:14 PM
.... Youra n00b also.......

brillyfresh
Aug 5, 2003, 05:34 PM
On 2003-08-05 14:55, IcEmAnTK wrote:
u stupid noob sonic cant fix it or they would have I cant w8 till GC is hakked and ppl like u will be destroyed

On 2003-08-05 14:57, IcEmAnTK wrote:
and tenton or wut ever ytf u do that god ppl like u r so clueless they kno bout all that lol they fixed it on xbox cuz of the hardive but GC got mem cards so they cant so sux to be a legit in a world of hakkerz

everyone, let's welcome PSOW's newest flaming/flamebaiting, netspeak-abusing jackass!

sorry about that ... but i don't like any phrase that includes "people like you" (or in this case, "ppl like u")

PJ
Aug 5, 2003, 06:18 PM
Why doesn't anyone notice Microsoft made the patch for PSOX... or atleast that's what the News Post said...

Microsoft seems to care http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tenton
Aug 5, 2003, 07:01 PM

i m not going to flame u, cause i dont want to. However i m going to clarify this. I never expect ST to make a patch(or release a new cd as they did in japan) to prevent dupeing offline. However they do have the ability to change the programing in their server, so glitch and FSOD others wont be able online. Any way~~~~i dont understand where ur stand is, by the anger u have toward me for e-mailing ST, u seems to enjoy the glitch on the GC, but in the end u said something that most legit said "it is kind of powerless to be a legit in a world of dupe(not many hacker out there yet)".

O and yes i know i m going to burn in hell already(I havent get baptism)^.^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tenton on 2003-08-05 17:04 ]</font>

Reenee
Aug 5, 2003, 09:47 PM
And the reply is in the native language...

I'm out of here.

Soukosa
Aug 5, 2003, 09:51 PM
They won't be able fix glitches that work offline without producing new discs for everyone. Also, there's a problem with the patch system in the US version, from what I've heard. So, I wouldn't expect too much. Games are always going to have bugs and there will always be cheaters the make use of them.

AndyPandy
Aug 6, 2003, 02:55 AM

I suggest you go back to school and learn how to spell and write sentences.

AndyPandy
Aug 6, 2003, 02:58 AM
I wrote a letter to Microsoft regarding the current state of play with XBOX PSO. I will post a reply here, if they ever decide to answer it.

Mystil
Aug 6, 2003, 05:19 AM
On 2003-08-05 14:55, IcEmAnTK wrote:

When you know PERL/PHP/JAVA1 & 2/CGI/ know how to talk to MySQL/Can telnet/ you can do anything with anything that is programmed through your server. However in the videogame market, this costs money as it takes time. Time that ST doesn't want to make time for. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And the reply is in the native language...

I'm out of here.
LOL!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-08-06 03:21 ]</font>

Da_Wrecka
Aug 7, 2003, 05:19 PM
On 2003-08-05 10:24, Reenee wrote:

Sega

Sonic Team

2 DIFFERENT developers!

Sonic Team = Sega. Or more accurately, Sonic Team is a division of Sega.

primer567
Aug 7, 2003, 06:04 PM
There will be no patch....you should know that by now.

TheDeepForce_5
Aug 7, 2003, 10:58 PM
Just email them again like reply the same thing back if they give u automated crap. I sent them a very angry email a while back and when I got the automated thing i emailed them again, my messagfe was about corruption. The head of GC PSO Sega emailed me and forwarded the email to Sonic Team, and that's how I sent my PSO game to Sega for a network compatible replacement. Even though on Dial-up modems my disc sometimes freezes anyway, glad I got a BBA.

Guntz348
Aug 8, 2003, 01:26 AM
IcEmAnTK, you will receive a plus one warning for flaming and flame baiting. Don't post things that are just going to instigate a fight, this is against the forum rules. I suggest you take a few minutes and read the forum rules, as it will save you a lot of problems in the future.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=32514&forum=10&12

SlayerJr
Aug 8, 2003, 11:14 PM
remember the walk through walls trick in the first pso?

then they released version2 with revisions and No walking through walls trick?

They learned about ONE mistake, even passing it on thru GC.

Now they have the shop dupe trick...

...Now you think ST would think about revising their PSO 3. With NO glitches like ep1&2 supporting it?

fyrewyre
Aug 9, 2003, 03:50 AM
This trick was in the earlier versions as well...people were too lazy to cheat that way
<lol>
i wont flame that guy with the spelling issues...but i thought on GC people used odd words and shortened words because they had no keyboard? im not sure if you have keyboard for your pc, but im am willing to send you an extra pc dictionarykeyboard, just pm me.
</lol>

Pastullio
Aug 9, 2003, 06:29 PM
i say we all flood sega with the same e-mail over and over till they fix our problem, i say two million e-mails a day should be enough

(stupid spelling)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pastullio on 2003-08-09 16:29 ]</font>