PDA

View Full Version : "Hidden" corner tip in Mines

MechDan
Mar 22, 2001, 08:17 PM
In the Mines, there are a couple small square rooms which are suspended platforms between two doors (i.e. they aren't walled in on all 4 sides). An unusual feature of these rooms is that the four corners are not considered part of the room. This makes the corners very convenient places to retreat to, especially when two Sinow Beats get the jump on you. Just when you think they've got you cornered, they'll just step back and teleport back to the ceiling! You can pop "into" the room, take a few shots, and retreat "out" of the room with very little motion compared to using either of the doors.

gokussj4
Mar 22, 2001, 08:57 PM
explain more please mine 1 or 2
what parts?

Kamotz
Mar 23, 2001, 05:12 AM
Are you talking about the little sections that look like doors, but aren't? I know that if you run flush against these "doors" that the enemies will act as is you weren't in the room. Are these what you're talking about?

Lmnopia
Mar 23, 2001, 12:06 PM
or you could just run to the door.. screaming RUN AWAY RUN AWAY!

Core
Mar 23, 2001, 12:14 PM
I concur with Lmnopia. lol

MechDan
Mar 23, 2001, 01:08 PM
Yes, the effect is similar to hiding in a doorway. The difference is that there's a zone at a doorway where the enemies can (and will) attack you, but you can't retaliate. There's no such zone at the corners of these rooms.

These small square rooms are in both Mines 1 and Mines 2. They're easily recognizable since they're always between two straight corridors on opposite sides, and the non-door sides aren't walled in. On the map, the corners are snipped off so they're not exactly square.

And yes, this tip is pretty worthless regardless. It's mildly amusing seeing all the robots just turn around and deactivate themselves with you just a couple feet away, though.

Rio
Mar 23, 2001, 02:36 PM
<blockquote>
Of course, there's always the Nightmare 3 mission online. Heh-heh.. Went out & played that one with some friends the other night.

Rio: Oh my GAWD it's full of `Beats!
</blockquote>