PDA

View Full Version : Worst game based movie

shifter
Aug 5, 2003, 10:35 AM
The title speaks for itself. For me its a tie between Double Dragon, Street Fight, and the second Mortal Konbat. Its hard to choose a true loser, all of these just give severe headaches when i think of them for two long. I also apologize in advance for bring back bad memories.

Micah
Aug 5, 2003, 11:33 AM
PSO.. if they ever made a movie of it.. worst movie ever

eXo
Aug 5, 2003, 11:35 AM
Hmmm i have to go with Street Fighter,atleast Mortal Kombat 2 actually had something to do with the game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif . And they even attempted to give it special effects boy that was a poor attempt at a guile flash kick http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif *eXo just remembered a bad movie* hmmm do you remember the Super Mario Brothers Movie ????
now that was by far the worst of the worst not even one single character from the game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Deathscythealpha
Aug 5, 2003, 11:57 AM
Mortal Kombat 2 Annihalation(sp?): Hey guys, lets make a film where we basically try to cram as many characters from the games into stupid and pointless fights at every moment. And i recorded over The Terminator for that?

Super Mario Bros sucked too, but im finding it harder and harder to dislike Street Fighter now as some of it is so comically bad.

'The day Bison came to your village was the greatest day of you life. For me...it was tuesday'

tiltnkirby26
Aug 5, 2003, 11:58 AM
Super Mario Brothers. It one SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shifter
Aug 5, 2003, 12:10 PM
Mario Bros. was bad, especially the fact that they left it open for a sequal. But it really cant compair to the crappiness that are my three way tie. If I really had to choose thee worst of them, it be Double Dragon. It was so far from the actual game, it made the resent Tomb Raider movie look like a stait port. Be glad no of you saw it, or worse payed to see it.

Sham
Aug 5, 2003, 12:13 PM
I don't know why people hate game-to-movie movies so badly. (With extremely high expectations put to the side.) I thought MK was great when it came out. And I liked Tomb Raider I, (haven't seen II), and loved and own Resident Evil. Guess either I'm just easily pleased media-wise, or too many people can't accept the transitions [like game-to-movie] won't always mirror each other.

polishedweasel
Aug 5, 2003, 12:23 PM
I'd have to say that Street Fighter, with Jean Claude Van Dame as Guile kinda killed it for me. All American...Dutch guy? See what I'm sayin?

shifter
Aug 5, 2003, 12:27 PM
True, some people put a lot of expectation on them, but even nongamers I know thought most game based movies were bad. And as far as RE, I did like it, it had a plot that anyone could follow.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 5, 2003, 01:23 PM
Mario Brothers... then Mortal Kombat 2... Double Dragon... SOMEWHAT Resident Evil...

tornado216
Aug 5, 2003, 01:48 PM
I've never seen Double Dragon or Super Mario Bros. but I guess I should be glad. I think RE and FF really sucked, both had absolutely nothing to do with the games and had horrible acting and plots. MK2 also really sucked.

SubstanceD
Aug 5, 2003, 03:07 PM
Christ ... where d I begin?

Super Mario Bros

Street Fighter

Mortal Combat Anialtion

Resident Evil

Tomb Raider ( actually Tomb Raider 2 is supposed to be even worse even though I have not seen it yet so let's just include that one under the Tomb Raider name as well ).

You know what, this will be alot easier and quicker if I just said all of them except for the first Mortal Combat Movie ( which is great in comparrison to all over movies of it's kind but really is not great when compared with everything else ) and Final Fantasy the Spirits Within sucked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2003-08-05 13:19 ]</font>

SubstanceD
Aug 5, 2003, 03:17 PM
On 2003-08-05 11:48, tornado216 wrote:
I've never seen Double Dragon or Super Mario Bros. but I guess I should be glad. I think RE and FF really sucked, both had absolutely nothing to do with the games and had horrible acting and plots. MK2 also really sucked.

I actually liked Final fantasy the Spirits within ( I forgot about that one, now I have to edit my other post in order to mention that I liked that one and that it should not be on my hate list ). Although it was not brilliant I do feel that it was highly under-rated. Most people thought that it would have more in common with one of the Final Fantasy games ( some even thought it would be a movie to FFVII, the most over rated FF ever ) but long time Final Fanatsy fans knew that would not be the case and that it would be a stand alone movie that had nothing to do with the FF series at all ( just cashing in on the FF name, somthing Square has been more likely to do as of recently ), ironiclly naming it Final Fantasy may have hurt the movie more than it helped it since it made people expect things from the movie that the movie never, ever was going to deliver.

Kizaragu
Aug 5, 2003, 05:02 PM
I've heard the 'Ecks Vs Sever' was pretty bad. Apparently it was released in the Cinema in the States but was laughed at. Oddly enough it went straight to DVD over here, which kind of confirmed what I'd heard.

A film that has the Potential to suck is the Crazy Taxi film thats in the works.
Plus what I've seen of the 'House of the Dead' movie... Terrible, just terrible.

Ness
Aug 5, 2003, 05:22 PM
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

BOC
Aug 5, 2003, 06:10 PM
god! my mom must have dropped me at birth at something!

when i saw the mario bros film, i thought it was funny.

i liked FF tomb raider and RE too.

but double dragon, street fighter and mortal combat (the 1st, 2nd and the shitty tv series) was spawned from the loins of satan himself!!!

a lesson to be learned?

don't ever, ever, BLOODY EVER make a movie out of a beat em up!!!

seriously though, if your gonna base a movie on a game, try and do it on a game that has a story. to this day, i still don't know what the sotry behind street fighter or double dragon was.

the max payne movie better rock something special. and star someone who would fit the part. not some no-name actor that usually spends his days standing on a street corner with a sign that says 'will work for food'.

PEACE!!!

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 5, 2003, 06:54 PM
Street Fighter was also bad... Vega looked like some old smuck... Sagat was short as hell... Ken didn't have blonde hair... Balrog was a good guy, Deejay was a bad guy... Van Dam was Guile... stupid stupid stupid... but from what I heard from some of the artists designed some of the Street Fighter Characters at the recent Comic Con International, they are looking for a good cast to make a new Street Fighter... This time based on each seperate story of each character... or so they say...

Reenee
Aug 5, 2003, 09:34 PM
Pong and Tron.

monkeyfist
Aug 5, 2003, 10:43 PM
the problem with super mario brothers is it was nothing like the game. yoshi was a freak, goombas were not 10 feet tall, and toad was actually a midget with a mushroom on his head. bust out goombas that are actually little brown mushroom and no de-evolution or fungus and the movie could be good

Rep0
Aug 5, 2003, 10:48 PM
Is there such a thing as a good game based movie?

pixelate
Aug 5, 2003, 10:54 PM
Hey, hey, hey now. John Leguizamo was good in the Mario movie. >__<

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 5, 2003, 11:04 PM
The ONE good based video game turn movie was Mortal Kombat... not the second one, but the first... It was really really good even though it wasn't extremely close to the game...

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Aug 5, 2003, 11:21 PM
The Street Fighter was horrible and so was the second Mortal Kombat. But the Street Fighter movie pissed me off cause Van Dam was Guile, that was pretty bad in itself. Also, Blanka and Dhalsim didnt do anything throughout the movie. Zhangief and maybe E-Honda were the only two ppl that looked like the characters from the game. And for the second Mortal Kombat, I was very, very disappointed.

-Tirith
Aug 6, 2003, 12:27 AM
resident evil.

Nerd
Aug 6, 2003, 12:33 AM
I loved the first Mortal Kombat movie when i was 15 (when it was new) guess i was just surprised it DIDN'T blow MASSIVE chunks. Some, not massive.

The second movie made me want to commit suicide.

Kent
Aug 6, 2003, 08:48 PM
On 2003-08-05 15:22, Ness wrote:
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

Agreed.

The Super Mario Bros. movie comes in a close second though.

RavenTW
Aug 6, 2003, 09:08 PM
Actually, every game-based movie has been pretty good, as a movie. But the worse would probably be Tomb Raider. Yeah, not that great. TR2 gave it a bit more decency, but the original sucked hard.

Guile
Aug 6, 2003, 10:43 PM
Final Fantasy

Crazy stupid movie about nothing.