PDA

View Full Version : How easy is it to die from a slit wrist?

Sham
Aug 5, 2003, 12:40 PM
I think I almost died in one of the stupidest fucking ways ever. Last weekend I was a little drunk at my brother's friend's house. On the way from the pool to the hot tub, about to go up the stairs, I slipped and fell. Next thing I knew, I was lying on the ground on my stomach; decided it felt good to lay down and did so for a few minutes. Then I lifted my arm and looked at it as I noticed my wrist hurt a bit. It was bleeding and had been sliced from falling on the concrete.

Fortunately it wasn't deep enough to hit a vein; but if you look at it, you notice the cut is right over top a few veins. I could barely feel it that night from obvious reasons, but if it had've been less then a quarter inch deep, it may have hit a vein and went gushing without me even noticing and/or passing out. (The pool and surrounding concrete is below the deck level where my brother and others were, plus it was dark out, so no one saw me.)

I don't know which is worse to think about: the fact of dying in itself, or being the guy who died by falling down and literally never getting up. Meh. And now I have a nice little diagonal scabbed-cut that looks like I'm a suicide attempter. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cowsleep.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sham on 2003-08-05 10:44 ]</font>

Voodoochild
Aug 5, 2003, 01:08 PM
If you had cut your aorta= dead in 5-20 min. That is if you don't do anything about it. The other ones is no big risk. But you need to see a doc. Take it easy next time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ShadowFOrce
Aug 5, 2003, 01:09 PM
This one time in this one place this one person did this thing and http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_clown.gif

Micah
Aug 5, 2003, 02:13 PM
wow.. death by stupidity.. seriously.. as for suicide.. not cool man.. not cool at all

Mystil
Aug 5, 2003, 04:03 PM
^...?

Yea..you know the big long vien that is in the middle of your arm that feels like a bone? That's your artery. Cut that if you want to, and your blood will spew out like a geyser and you will die in matter of minutes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

satoshi1
Aug 5, 2003, 04:17 PM
On 2003-08-05 14:03, Silhouette wrote:
^...?

Yea..you know the big long vien that is in the middle of your arm that feels like a bone? That's your artery. Cut that if you want to, and your blood will spew out like a geyser and you will die in matter of minutes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

You sound like you know this from experience... ::backs away::

Ness
Aug 5, 2003, 05:24 PM
On 2003-08-05 11:08, Voodoochild wrote:
If you had cut your aorta= dead in 5-20 min. That is if you don't do anything about it. The other ones is no big risk. But you need to see a doc. Take it easy next time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Isn't the aorta that artery near your heart.

BOC
Aug 5, 2003, 05:36 PM
On 2003-08-05 15:24, Ness wrote:
Isn't the aorta that artery near your heart.

yep. but i think it ends up somehwere up your arm. then again, i was never that good at biology.

more to the point, i think slicing your wrists is dangerous enough, considering it is one of the many was that people kill themselves with.

its a good thing that you did notice it, and it didn't cut too deep sham. cause alcohol thins out the blood http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. you would have died alot quicker.

PEACE!!!

brillyfresh
Aug 5, 2003, 05:40 PM
if you cut your wrists and didn't attend to it right away, it would take a couple hours or so for you to die, something like that ... provided you cut an artery

i think veins take longer

BOC
Aug 5, 2003, 05:49 PM
On 2003-08-05 15:40, brillyfresh wrote:
if you cut your wrists and didn't attend to it right away, it would take a couple hours or so for you to die, something like that ... provided you cut an artery

true. arties pump blood out, whereas veins only flow.

probably not a good idea to slit your wrists if you wanna kill yourself. takes too long.

what am i saying? killing yourself isn't a good idea in any case.

Elvendar
Aug 5, 2003, 07:32 PM
The aorta is the biggest artery in your body that stems out the top of your heart (or so it did in this diagram) and branches into a bunch of arteries. The aorta itself isn't in your arm.

brillyfresh
Aug 5, 2003, 08:04 PM
On 2003-08-05 15:49, BOC wrote:

probably not a good idea to slit your wrists if you wanna kill yourself. takes too long.

well .. veins take blood back to the heart, so the blood pressure is lower than in arteries

people slit their wrists and submerge the cuts in water so it doesn't hurt as much ... and because of the blood loss, your body gets colder, and you pass out and eventually die of suffocation (not the breathing kind, the "i can't oxygen to my brain because there's no blood to take it there" kind) ... fairly peaceful suicide, if suicide can be considered peaceful

Reenee
Aug 5, 2003, 09:52 PM
A--*faints*

I'm sorry. The thought of this action is making me faint. It's not the blood, it's the act of it.

ShadowFOrce
Aug 5, 2003, 10:07 PM
Ok I don't like blood, let's change topic, I like watermelon what about you?

ginko990
Aug 6, 2003, 01:54 AM
Cut vertically along the vien, youll die quicker. just a little tip.

_J
Aug 6, 2003, 07:10 AM
We are very fragile creatures, not just physically. You need to be more carefull - unless you want to "die young". Alcohol kills your liver off, amoungst other things, treat your body better.

Wewt
Aug 6, 2003, 07:39 AM
Dying young does the world a big favour.

_J
Aug 6, 2003, 08:01 AM
Dying young does the world a big favour.

When you are older, you will understand.

Wewt
Aug 6, 2003, 09:06 AM
When you realise that the world is over-populated, and our so-called advanced science and technology is destroying the world, you'll understand.

Sham
Aug 6, 2003, 12:30 PM
We are very fragile creatures, not just physically. You need to be more carefull - unless you want to "die young". Alcohol kills your liver off, amoungst other things, treat your body better.
I treat my body fine. I doubt a little(or a lot) drink now and then won't do nearly as much harm as some of the stuff I've been offered. And if it does, that's my problem.

Anyway, with all the artery-in-arm talk; how do they amputate people's arms or legs when necessary? Unless I can answer my own question and they use some sort of blood-stopping medicine. [/biologically challenged]

JTeebo
Aug 6, 2003, 07:13 PM
On 2003-08-05 23:54 ginko990 wrote:

Uhhh... thanks. I needed to know that...

Kent
Aug 6, 2003, 09:21 PM
On 2003-08-05 23:54, ginko990 wrote:

Slicing the jugular is such a way also works quite nicely, although it makes quite the mess...

Nerd
Aug 6, 2003, 09:40 PM
This topic just makes me CRINGE

gamerdell7
Aug 7, 2003, 12:58 AM
I feel so weak from ready peoples posts....ugh...*faints*

ginko990
Aug 7, 2003, 01:42 AM
On 2003-08-06 19:21, Kent wrote:

On 2003-08-05 23:54, ginko990 wrote:

Slicing the jugular is such a way also works quite nicely, although it makes quite the mess...

Wont be your problem.

ShadowFOrce
Aug 7, 2003, 02:09 AM
Don't cut ur wrist, I learned something!

Monomate
Aug 7, 2003, 11:53 AM
You people think it's bad reading about it...how do you think it is for the people reading it that have actually tried it...I know the fear...the numbing cold...the pain of knowing you are hurting others...it hurts my friends...deep inside...knowing that people truly care about you...enough to cry for you...enough to save your life...

Trust me...never do to your friends what I did to them...don't put people through that...

Never even attempt what I tried to do...

eXo
Aug 7, 2003, 01:59 PM
On 2003-08-05 15:49, BOC wrote:

On 2003-08-05 15:40, brillyfresh wrote:

Hmmm no really you are right,a bullet to the head or a slice of the thoart works just fine http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

BOC
Aug 7, 2003, 06:38 PM
when did this desend into the 'handy hints for people who wanna kill themselfs' thread??

Jesus H christ people!!!

live long, die old, savour every moment. even the bad ones!!

PEACE!!!

Deluge
Aug 7, 2003, 10:49 PM
Call me crazy, but I don't see the relevance of this thread. Now if you were just trying to learn about how the human body functioned and how it would react to a wound, then I guess it would be ok, but why is slit wrists the topic? It just seems very akward and un forum friendly to me, especially here at PSO world. Forgive me if I'm being to weird about this... I'm just worried that some people might get some unpleasant ideas and make bad choices.

BOC
Aug 8, 2003, 06:54 PM
On 2003-08-07 20:49, Deluge wrote:
Call me crazy, but I don't see the relevance of this thread. Now if you were just trying to learn about how the human body functioned and how it would react to a wound, then I guess it would be ok, but why is slit wrists the topic? It just seems very akward and un forum friendly to me, especially here at PSO world. Forgive me if I'm being to weird about this... I'm just worried that some people might get some unpleasant ideas and make bad choices.

i agree. talking about crap like this on pso world is a no-no.

lets talk about other stuff.

ShadowFOrce
Aug 8, 2003, 11:43 PM
On 2003-08-07 09:53, deathscythe_hell_custom wrote:
You people think it's bad reading about it...how do you think it is for the people reading it that have actually tried it...I know the fear...the numbing cold...the pain of knowing you are hurting others...it hurts my friends...deep inside...knowing that people truly care about you...enough to cry for you...enough to save your life...

Trust me...never do to your friends what I did to them...don't put people through that...

So....what did you do, eat a monkey

BOC
Aug 9, 2003, 09:38 AM
ShadowFOrce thats in real bad taste.

Monomate
Aug 9, 2003, 09:51 AM
On 2003-08-08 21:43, ShadowFOrce wrote:

This is not something to fuck around with my friend...

ginko990
Aug 9, 2003, 12:48 PM
On 2003-08-08 21:43, ShadowFOrce wrote:

i see you tried to be funny, it didn't really work. Some things you dont joke around with.

EliteDragoon
Aug 9, 2003, 12:58 PM
that would suck from dieing from a slit wrist

s.TiNgEr
Aug 9, 2003, 06:40 PM
On 2003-08-07 20:49, Deluge wrote:

you're crazy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

_J
Aug 10, 2003, 07:24 AM
you're crazy

*hahahah*...yes, yes he is. Or worse...he's politically correct! @_@