PDA

View Full Version : thunderstorms

chewbacca
Aug 5, 2003, 03:21 PM
is it true that if you have a thunderstorm in your area its risky to play pso online and offline

Valleo
Aug 5, 2003, 03:25 PM
Whats risky is if the power goes out during the storm and while your game is saving.

ABDUR101
Aug 5, 2003, 03:45 PM
...I always liked it when the electricity ran through the house and fried my older game systems.

..oh..wait..no I did'nt. =X

Definately bad if the power goes out and you lose your data, and possibly get corrupted. Aye.

Para
Aug 5, 2003, 03:47 PM
well my friend used his computer during a thunderstorm and guess what? the end result was a totally fried computer http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

satoshi1
Aug 5, 2003, 03:58 PM
I use my computers and gamecubes (yes, both are plural) during storms. Although, I never go online with PSO during a storm, incase the power goes out at any time (mostly saving). I can handle it if the power goes out while offline, but online, i'll lose a bunch of items. I ahve yet to get a fried system, and hopefully I won't, ever, ::knocks on wood::

It is risky to play during a thunderstorm though, if there's a power surge, if you're worried about it, then turn off the computer and GC and don't play them until it's passed, or died down.

Kizaragu
Aug 5, 2003, 05:05 PM
I thought it was pretty much risky to play or use anything Electrical (Without a surge protector whatsit) during a thunderstorm.

BOC
Aug 5, 2003, 05:42 PM
first sign of thunder i turn the computer off.

wouldn't wanna risk frying it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

was pretty bad thunder and lighting in ireland today.
funny enough, it was the hottest day of the year.

anyone ever get weird headaches or other pains when a storm is coming?? i always seem to get this throbbing above my eyes and a sharp pain in my left wrist.

well enough about me rambling on about thunder bolts of lighting (very VERY frighting!).

PEACE!!!

Pixel441
Aug 9, 2003, 03:04 PM
So, does this means, that If im playing PSO and the electricity goes out [power surge] do I still get corrupted or lose my PSO data? Even if im not saving?

Thanks for any replies. ^_^