PDA

View Full Version : just got to Ultimate.... and need help

Cab
Aug 6, 2003, 02:50 AM
I just got to Ultimate today, I'm a level 65 RAcast, I'm having trouble defeating enemys, so I think I will stick to VHard for now, but what level should I be at when I go back to Ultimate? My weapons are: Vulcans +9, I'm not sure if this is the right name but I think it is Meteor Crush +25

DarkShinjaru
Aug 6, 2003, 02:52 AM
Use a high powered rifle or a handgun, a shot or mechgun wont help much at all for your level. Use traps too.

rena-ko
Aug 6, 2003, 03:21 AM
mechguns is for the time when you can allow yourself to get hit.

collect as many dragon/HP you can obtain, for a start. then like said above: use traps wisely - freezetraps on smaller groups, confusetraps on bigger groups (once you get to the ult mines you'll love confuse-traps). and stick to the best and quickest weapon you have - usually a handgun type (raygun with hit % would be nice.)
besides this... power-mag (5 125 70 0) would be helpful.

best luck

Cab
Aug 6, 2003, 03:29 AM
I don't know my Mags exact stas but I think the pwer is 128 so i got that coverd, I've never used handguns much before, do you know if A Varista is better than a Raygun? because I have two of those one is +25

EndGame
Aug 6, 2003, 03:44 AM
Your Varista will be a bit more powerful than your Rayguns now but you need to focus on leveling up and finding stronger, or at least more effective, guns. A spread needle is a must for any Ranger starting Ultimate. It's nowhere near to being the most powerful gun but the paralysis attack will save your butt constantly when playing offline and will help you gain experience faster when playing online.

Cab
Aug 6, 2003, 03:46 AM
I'm a Redria, can I even get a spread needle?

rena-ko
Aug 6, 2003, 04:51 AM
don't focus on a spread needle.
why? because:
redria finds spread needle from ult ruins dark bringer. you'll need to survive ruins before you may go hunting for one.

raygun vs. varista...
i'd say its the hit% that count. damage is nice since the varista is the most powerful common rare gun out there but doesnt help much when you miss all the time.

St_Botchua
Aug 6, 2003, 06:13 AM
do v hard mines runs yo get about 27,000 exp per until about lvl 80 or mid seventies

clance
Aug 6, 2003, 08:42 AM
Ok dude, For RAcast and any ranger its all about tactics and skill,

Tactics
This requires speed and good timing, i.e Time your attacks right with a barble(and any monster) and then run from him, run around a bit untill there out of reach and go back. So if you had a shot start shooting from about 10 steps away from him and finish the combo he cant hit you as you got away in time, you timed it. Also using Traps and paralyses and freeze, etc on weapons specials. Using a few dragon Hps and your most powerful weapon for finishing them off. And your mag has to have about 40 DEX and 100+ POW thats the ideal stats for a RAcast's mag. Dont bother using weapons that use HP or Meseta Charge because you'll need money for Trimates and Dimates. Try to use occasionally weapons that drain HP from enemys and convert it to you like a DRAW shot.

The key is not to be to cocky about it, but get stuck in there. Because what have you got to loose?? 5% Synchro on your mag and meseta?? On that point keep your meseta in the bank as you dont want to loose it, especially if you've got loads.

FUCK, I just write all that??

Monomate
Aug 6, 2003, 10:10 AM
what about a level 65 FOnewearl REDRIA who just got to Ultimate? i mostly use a double saber, soul eater, and plantain leaf and i is having lots of trouble...

*doing zero damage is great i tell you!!!*

(sorry...didn't want to make a new thread on the same topic...)

ginko990
Aug 6, 2003, 12:06 PM
Well your redria, and a red handgun would do you some good. try piping for a pal Rappy(ultimate rare rappy) which drops you a red handgun. that should help some.

On 2003-08-06 08:10, deathscythe_hell_custom wrote:
what about a level 65 FOnewearl REDRIA who just got to Ultimate? i mostly use a double saber, soul eater, and plantain leaf and i is having lots of trouble...

*doing zero damage is great i tell you!!!*

(sorry...didn't want to make a new thread on the same topic...)

Your a FOnewearl....try using techniques. O_o

Your character is the worst melee character in the game.

Naagata_Clan
Aug 6, 2003, 12:12 PM
Uh, I wouldn't try Ult until your at least like mid 70's.. but that's just me... As for the FOnewarl person, I have to say DUH! Your not a FOmar/FOmarl! YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING MELEE!!! Your the friggin energizer bunny, so cast and cast and cast and cast! But if your so insistant on doing melee, have you considered S/D and J/Z? They help a lot!

Monomate
Aug 6, 2003, 12:47 PM
yes...im not a complete idiot
*LIAR!!!*
i know...i just hate using that much TP to kill a single enemy 5X25=125TP per enemy plus J/Z/S/D (lifesavers on very hard...near worthless on ultimate) is rather a bit of TP...and i only have 1200something...i can run out in two or three rooms...and i hate using fluids...so...damn...expensive...and the only ones that do any good are Tri...
dilemma:i have no fricking money!!!grr... so i want a few tips on surviving the forest...in ultimate...if all you can tell me is cast techs...i'll eventually give in...

but damn...that's a lot of money...

Milky
Aug 7, 2003, 11:07 AM
I wouldnt use shots when you first get into ultimate, they dont hit that much, and the damage is pants. I found it best to run around a lot and use mechs. RAcasts can take a hit and keep running. Probably only the one hit though. And like someone said, get a rifle or handgun that steals HP, I found it was safer to use these on the wolves, they walk slower, and wander around a bit, and are easier to dodge. If you get a rifle, they'll just stand there and get hit, which is nice.

No ideas on the FO though, if you're gonna give in and use spells mainly, you wont need shifta, which'll save a little bit of tp. Pick up all the junk and sell it for fluid money, and I think you might find better stuff to sell in VH ruins than in the forest, but I could be wrong. Shields/barriers sell for the most I think. (I lied, I DID have some ideas)

vegeta000110
Aug 7, 2003, 11:52 AM
Use Metal/Body or a similar unit. That became my best friend for ult. Forest. And for the FO, The only one of S/D/J/Z you should even consider for techs is Deband. If you drop alot of HP from a hit from a Bartle, then consider using Jellen. Otherwise, just use techs that you would use in VH against the ult couterparts (except Hidelt(Zonde), Hidetorr(Grants), and the dragon(Foie)).