PDA

View Full Version : Rating as PG-13: it could be getting out of hand...

Nazo
Aug 6, 2003, 08:18 AM
I have a friend in Tennesee who is online on the PC. I personally can't go online, being in Korea. We were chatting one day online, and I ask him about the other guys. "Nice." he describes them, but continues, "Some dirty." I was rather surprised at this answer, because I heard that most were just addicted and were either fighting away or trading. But "dirty"?! Whoa. I asked him about it, and said that there were some lobbies with guys and girls (if they ARE girls... since I know very few girls who play PSO), talking dirty. What the hell?! Is the PSO world turning to a more "adult" community? Will the rating be recommited?! Is the doomsday of 2028 (or so they say) really approaching?!!! .... wait, that last one didn't fit, did it... But anyways! Hot girls are alright, but dirty talk in public is not! We must find justice! Justice for all!! *pant pant*

*thud*

@^@;;...

clance
Aug 6, 2003, 08:27 AM
To be honest I think you should grow up kid, people can have Sex chat if they wish, geez. You sound like a real nerd/pussy writing that!

Clay
Aug 6, 2003, 09:42 AM
The vulgarity on PSO (though I dare say it's gotten worse) has plagued the game since the release on the Dreamcast. It's just life that people want to call attention to themselves by being crude. Just try to pay it little heed.

Monomate
Aug 6, 2003, 09:58 AM
see...on some internet games i would thrive on that stuff...but PSO just doesn't seem (to me) to be the right game or right place to do that stuff just cause you actually have a character there in the lobby...it's not like starcraft and such were you can just go into a channel and talk however you want...it just...doesn't seem right to me...oh well...people will be people...

Dragon_Knight
Aug 6, 2003, 10:36 AM
Look I alone could make the game NC-17 if I felt like it...or rather if I was online. Anyway I'm surprised they were doing that in the lobby...I prefur privacy but PSO really isn't that kinda game to try it in, unless of course we got adult animations in the next release. But I'm evil so thats just my opinion.

Still its best to ignore it since they are doing (and certainly WILL be doing if you try to make them stop) the same to you. Distasteful or not, ST proabably isn't going to do anything and I doubt virgin eyes will be spoiled too much by them to warrant the soccer moms coalition to step in and ban all manner of video games.

Kanore
Aug 6, 2003, 10:44 AM
Cybering is becoming a fad... >.>

Dragon_Knight
Aug 6, 2003, 10:55 AM
Hmmmm I've never been one of those trendy people though....Ahhh who cares it all helps me write those pokewomen stories.

Monomate
Aug 6, 2003, 10:59 AM
On 2003-08-06 08:44, ChibiWarrior wrote:
Cybering is becoming a fad... >.>

i don't see what the big deal with cybering is...i mean...until you've really done it it's like 'gotta cyber sounds so cool oh ah...' then like...once you've tried it...its not really that great...anyway whatever...definitely wouldn't want to cyber in public...PSO is once again not the place...

Dragon_Knight
Aug 6, 2003, 11:02 AM
deathscythe_hell_custom- It really depends on how much imagination you put into it, I have three female friends who enjoy it. In fact the majority who do like it are women, I have no clue why.

kat
Aug 6, 2003, 12:01 PM
On 2003-08-06 06:27, clance wrote:
To be honest I think you should grow up kid, people can have Sex chat if they wish, geez. You sound like a real nerd/pussy writing that!

yes, they can, but they don't have the right to do it in a public place, just like 'real' people don't have the right to disrobe in the middle of a parade or something and go at it.

And I've seen it once myself, two people joined a game with my boyfriend and me and they decided to 'hit' on me and then cyber together... I ended up reporting them to sega. I don't know if anything came out of it, but I never saw them again.

The point of my point is that cyber sex is one thing in a private forum. But I pay $8.95 a month to play PSO - not to see a batch of immature brats try and get shock value out of cybering in a lobby. The goal is to shock and offend, and thus feel special. It's stupid, immature, and pathetic.

ginko990
Aug 6, 2003, 12:03 PM
You cant find an apatite lobby on PSOX without some "gangsta" kids yelling "f**k you little bi**h/ni***r" and "YO WHAT!?! IMA F**K YOU UP!" and the such.

its always something to laugh at in my eyes.

zimmk2vgc
Aug 6, 2003, 03:59 PM
What the hell is PG13, is that 12A or 12 or something. Never seen it...

LiVe4gCn
Aug 6, 2003, 04:26 PM
On 2003-08-06 06:18, Nazo wrote:
Is the doomsday of 2028 (or so they say) really approaching?!!!

The end of the world is September/December (I forget) 12, 2012. Or that's what the Myan's predicted.

On 2003-08-06 13:59, zimmk2vgc wrote:

Ummmm PG-13 is a movie rating....

zimmk2vgc
Aug 6, 2003, 04:37 PM
On 2003-08-06 14:26, LiVe4gCn wrote:

The end of the world is September/December (I forget) 12, 2012. Or that's what the Myan's predicted.

So are 12 and 12A.

ShadowFOrce
Aug 6, 2003, 04:52 PM
Wow this is an interesting thread

ginko990
Aug 6, 2003, 05:01 PM
On 2003-08-06 14:37, zimmk2vgc wrote:

On 2003-08-06 14:26, LiVe4gCn wrote:

So are 12 and 12A.

Europe goes by a different movie rating system.
I think they have G and PG and 15 and 18, i think thats it. Basically you cant get into 15 rated movies without being 15 likewise with 18.

America goes by, G PG PG-13 R and NC-17

ShadowChao
Aug 6, 2003, 05:20 PM
Dragon_Knight, females like cybering more because they need more than just their imaginations to... get off with. I don't wanna make this thread gross or anything, but it's generally accepted that females require more thought/content to.. self gratification/and/or sex.. than males do.

ABDUR101
Aug 6, 2003, 09:07 PM
Yes, keep it clean everyone. o_O

It's no big surprise, I've seen alot worse, it's just people. =|

Coxy
Aug 6, 2003, 10:19 PM
we dont have G we have U (universal i think) then PG (parental guidence) then 12 and 12a then 15 and 18 (unless i really missed some big changes while being hooked on PSO) anyway i dont have to worry, im older than all of those http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Guile
Aug 6, 2003, 10:34 PM
Talking dirty on pso is for retards, if I see one more guy get so excited when they see a girl on an online game I'm gonna slit a throat.

Temjin-On
Aug 6, 2003, 10:42 PM
I am a guy. I have never Cybered. Every little dumb ass n00b hitting on girls in PSO is just thinking with his balls. I swear, I will go on a killing spree if i see one more person think with thier balls in the next week or so. Its one thing to go to a bar or what not to hit on a girl, but being making all this cybering is stupid! I play PSO to play PSO, not to listen to a bunch of retards hit on people who are probablly of different gender than thier chars. It pisses me off to think how f***ing stupid every single sad little dateless person is out there! I mean really, if they wanna cyber go to IRC! or better yet Everquest! Dont f*** up PSO for the rest of us. My Final 2 cents, If the world stopped thinking with its balls/clits for two minutes out of thier lives, the world would be better.
Please lemme note again that I hit on chicks all the time in RL, not in PSO.

Nazo
Aug 7, 2003, 10:21 PM
Yeah... Um.. I'm sure not all of you are Christians, so let us not go into the Doomsday thing... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

As for the Christians... God save us...

I don't want to die..

AUTO_
Aug 8, 2003, 04:59 AM
Nothing wrong with Choice-Search cybering pranks right?

Right?

*slaps "immature" sticker on forehead*

Guile
Aug 8, 2003, 12:48 PM
On 2003-08-07 20:21, Nazo wrote:
Yeah... Um.. I'm sure not all of you are Christians, so let us not go into the Doomsday thing... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

As for the Christians... God save us...

I don't want to die..

Your nuts Nazo..what the hell are you talking about?!
Korea ey...my friend went back to Korea for Summer, you seen Sun? Where is she?!?!?

and what is being dirty? Not showering

s.TiNgEr
Aug 8, 2003, 01:32 PM
I have a friend in Tennesee who is online on the PC. I personally can't go online, being in Korea. We were chatting one day online, and I ask him about the other guys. "Nice." he describes them, but continues, "Some dirty." I was rather surprised at this answer, because I heard that most were just addicted and were either fighting away or trading. But "dirty"?! Whoa. I asked him about it, and said that there were some lobbies with guys and girls (if they ARE girls... since I know very few girls who play PSO), talking dirty. What the hell?! Is the PSO world turning to a more "adult" community? Will the rating be recommited?! Is the doomsday of 2028 (or so they say) really approaching?!!! .... wait, that last one didn't fit, did it... But anyways! Hot girls are alright, but dirty talk in public is not! We must find justice! Justice for all!! *pant pant*

*thud*

@^@;;...

That's why they say on the box: Content may change due to online play; or something like that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

blazeking240
Aug 14, 2003, 05:12 PM
lol some guys who hit on the girls actually know them i still hit on my gf lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

darthsaber9x9
Aug 14, 2003, 05:35 PM
i seee it like this: sonicteam created a world. and when you put in REAL people you get a reflection of the REAL world. so therefore people do dirty stuff irl and they will do in the game also other parts of real life are reflected: crimes (PK), robbery(trade theft), cheating (nuff said) etc etc. overall i think it is what adds to the charm of this game. at the end of the day if you dont want this, play something else or ignore it. if they dont try n cyber wiht u or whateva then whats teh big deal. yes it is sad but just accept the fact that you can do very little about it. the game realyl is a "chat room" in the traditional sense. flame away lol

Sedyne
Aug 14, 2003, 07:21 PM
If there's one thing I can't stand in this world, it's any person of any culture "ESPECIALLY RAPPERS" that act "Ghetto or Gangsta"

Yo man stfu yo my bitch. I really could care less if they just died

It's just so annoying here them talk

"yeah thon you know how i roll i f*** u up b*****"
muahahha die

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sedyne on 2003-08-14 17:22 ]</font>

ginko990
Aug 15, 2003, 03:15 PM
On 2003-08-06 20:34, Guile wrote:
Talking dirty on pso is for retards, if I see one more guy get so excited when they see a girl on an online game I'm gonna slit a throat.

But duuude, they could hook up!

darthsaber9x9
Aug 15, 2003, 04:13 PM
i have heard of that b4. and 2 b honest pso is less likely to hold peadophiles, but u neva know....