PDA

View Full Version : My encounter with the Real Nei's Claw

klepto
Aug 6, 2003, 11:52 AM
So my friend and I were palying ult caves, and we were having a tough time. My friend had some photon spheres and asks "do you wanna do west tower? i need to add some percents to A.Beast" I said sure, knowing I had a few weapons that needed to be west towered. He then replies, "do you wanna do it on VH so it goes by quicker?" I reply "sure i guess"

So my friend makes a VH game and we proceed to do the east tower quest. My friend is viridia, so were going to find all viridia rares. About halfway through the quest, a couple Ill Gill appear. We defeat them as normal, and the one drops a red box.

We almost shit our selves. Neither of us could equip it, we were certain it was the real neis claw. (at this point we had forgotten we were on VH). So i ask, "this is a viridia game right?" he goes "yeah". Then he says "this is a VH game, not ult"

Our hearts were pumping like no other as he slowly walked up to the tekker counter. Even if it wasnt the real neis, it couldve been something good, right? I was bursting with excitement. He tekks it, and says "dude, this blows, were on VH, not ult, its a final impact, not the real neis". I was heart broken. Right ID, Right enemy, red box, wrong difficulty. I still cant get over the fact i couldve had the rarest item in the game. May this be a lesson. Always play on the toughest difficulty you can play on.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Aug 6, 2003, 11:59 AM
awww... that sux... well dont feel like you automatically would have gotten it, neis claw has a lower drop rate that final impact

Genoa
Aug 6, 2003, 12:02 PM
ah, that stinks... Ive had some of those Heart Poundind experiances with my friends. (this was b4 I checked the list thing) We heard that lavis cannon could be found on Ult. Well I was playing Ruins on VH. my friend came over and wanted to play. I said wait till I beat Vh. He was like u can do that. I was level 85 (Ramar SKYLY witha VISK) I was like "watch me" Finally I beat it and so I go to ult http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif "OMIGOSH, ITS SO DIFFERENT !!! LOOK AT THOSE GIANT TURTLES." Well I fought a bit and an El rappy droped a red box. we looked at eachother so happily and excited http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. oh boy we thought it was lavis cannon for sure. (now when i look back at this i feel REALY stupid) tekker says itsa Angry Fist. But we were still SUPER HAPPY! mostly him cause he was a level 60 HUcast who had 612 atp... I only had 560. Still, now we feel stupid everytime someone brings it up

univox
Aug 6, 2003, 12:26 PM
You'd think the little gun icon next to ?SPECIAL WEAPON? would have tipped you off.

klepto
Aug 6, 2003, 02:28 PM
err.. i never bother to look at that lol