PDA

View Full Version : RED ITEM NAMES

AzveR
Aug 6, 2003, 12:44 PM
ONline today i just got a couple weps from a guy...and the names are in red. One is the Phantasy Partisian and the other is Dragon Blades or something...they both dont have a special move like ice or anything....what do i do with them??

Rownan
Aug 6, 2003, 12:49 PM
They are S-ranks, and probably duplicated ones at that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rownan on 2003-08-06 10:50 ]</font>

ShadowFOrce
Aug 6, 2003, 01:14 PM
What are so good about s-rank weapons?

ginko990
Aug 6, 2003, 01:26 PM
On 2003-08-06 11:14, ShadowFOrce wrote:
What are so good about s-rank weapons?

nothing, unless they are legit and achieved by you. nothing like putting your name on a weapon.

ShadowFOrce
Aug 6, 2003, 01:33 PM
I don't exactly get C-mode and everything, when you beat c-mode and get and s-rank do you get to give it to your main character i don't get it

rena-ko
Aug 7, 2003, 09:25 AM
once you finished all cmode stages and did your choice on your name and type of weapon, it will be in your inventory (good luck on not fsoding now ^-^;). then you can do what ever you want with that weapon.
unless you put a lot of grinders and or a special at it, its a mediocre if not bad weapon (unground that is).

duped sranks... its sad...

fyrewyre
Aug 9, 2003, 03:14 AM
Whats so good about sranks?
Easy to get and sentimental value plus you dont have to get stuck with the name some loser duper puts on the wep. sranks are good but no longer the ultimate weapons they once were...
if anyone brings up the "i dont wanna play seven hours for a wep" ignore em, it only takes 5max if you know how to play well with others. dont hog on cmode http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Raziel_Kai
Aug 10, 2003, 12:22 AM
An SRank weapon can be outfitted with special abilities if you have a lot of Photon Drops. Check out this guide:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=977

This can give you an idea of what to put in an SRank weapon.
And yeah... it is sad that people dupe Sranks... ugh

Digi-Dolphin
Aug 19, 2003, 11:27 AM
Doesn't the server put a time-stamp on S-rank weapons? If someone duped it and the two characters go on with the same weap at the same time, won't the server catch on and maybe cause an FSOD while trying to sort out which weap is the true and original one?

It's a theory I have, when you get an S-rank weapon and name it, the program stamps it for identification. If more FSODs occur when that weapon is duped and used simultaneously, then that stamp might be to blame, triggering the FSOD while the server tries to ID the weapons and owners to it's database.

Bottom line? Don't let S-ranks get duped! My Red Handun was duped but only to protect it from FSOD, the S-rank weap i'll get one day will remain one of a kind!

Azman
Aug 20, 2003, 04:32 PM
That wouldn't work , because what if someone called the S-rank the same name as someone else? I'm sure lots of people have names their s-rank twin the EVIL TWIN or something like that.

Digi-Dolphin
Aug 20, 2003, 07:15 PM
On 2003-08-20 14:32, Azman wrote:
That wouldn't work , because what if someone called the S-rank the same name as someone else? I'm sure lots of people have names their s-rank twin the EVIL TWIN or something like that.

Sounds plausible, but the stamp the server puts may not care about the name by itself, maybe it counts the name with the date, time and type of weapon. It'll be extremely rare to have two exact same weapons with the same name and type to be acquired at the same time legitly.

Ah, well. It's just a theory. My S-rank will have an original name, though, just to be sure it's not copied.

Logical2u
Aug 21, 2003, 08:44 AM
The most duped weapon typed are Twin Sabers and Handgun.

The duper version I believe are: Nicca Twin and Snarf Gun.

CGoodness
Sep 7, 2003, 02:08 PM
I think is Nicca SWORD some dude gave me one of those once

Symbios
Sep 7, 2003, 05:18 PM
Nicca twins are more common.

For RA's, SRank spreads can be very good when grinded. They can be even better than spread needle. The only thing better about spread needle is that it is quick.

Capricornus
Sep 8, 2003, 09:58 AM
Using duped Srank weapons is probably the saddest thing I saw on PSO.
There is no better feeling as using your own hard earned Srank weapon.(with the name you chose for it)
I dont know the current names of duped weapons, seen the fact that I never trade (if you trade once then your not 100% legit anymore, seen the fact that the trade market is almost 100% duped items)