PDA

View Full Version : Thats enough. This ends now.

Ambrai
Mar 23, 2001, 01:36 AM
Over the past week I have sat here and taken beating after beating, and I am through with this drama.

I have always moderated this board without bias, noone can state otherwise.

I have always followed the letter of the rules presented.

I have always taken into consideration the 'majoritys' opinion on subjects.

I have consistantly moderated and removed flames when they appeared. I have always been hesitatant to block flames at us but this is getting out of control.

Tomeeboy, Gideon and myself work hard to provide you with a wonderful resource for PSO and civil boards. The rules on the boards are strict, they are that way to prevent them from becoming 'whineplay' or 'flamefest 01'.

Some of you dont agree with the way I moderate. Thats fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion. And as such you should contact me with any concerns or problems you have. Flaming on a board does not get what you want as a result, you have noticed that. All that happens is increased tension between parties involved.

This board belongs to Gideon and Tomeeboy, I am an Admin, but a voluenteer. My goal and purpose is to provide a clean and productive forum system, and to date it is. Part of that idea is to listen to feedback provided by the users of this board. If you dont like something, you should contact me through PM or at [email protected].

There will always be issues that will arise that some people will feel strongly about. I strongly recommend that you discuss the matter with the rest of the board. As you have noticed, flames are removed.

*sigh*

Now for a tender subject. The flaming of the PSO World staff needs to stop. From this point forward I will treat it as a normal flame and it will be removed or locked. I didnt want to do this but it seems unavoidable.

If you are curious as to what the board guidelines are you can find them here.

tomeeboy.com/kageki/viewtopic.php?topic=2910&forum=1 (http://tomeeboy.com/kageki/viewtopic.php?topic=2910&forum=1)

Please just remember, I am a very open person. I will always listen to what you have to say, even if I disagree. My email is always open and you can email me with any concern, no matter how trivial and I will get back with you.

Again, please be considerate of the people who work hard to bring you this site and the forums, and your fellow gamers.

Thank you,

Ambrai X`Viento
(Chris)

VULCAN
Mar 23, 2001, 02:03 AM
Um.... ::runs::

Eugirdor
Mar 23, 2001, 02:53 AM
Unfortunately, that is the price of popularity http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif. The more who follow you, the more who hate you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif. Truly a shame http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif.

Sheogorath
Mar 23, 2001, 02:56 AM
I think you are doing a fine job. I've been banned from so many boards ive lost count. Gamefaqs for posting a Rom site URL, Planet Dreamcast for telling a PSX loyalist where to go and what to place in his pants, and most of interplay's game-specific boards for nothing more then disagreeing with a moderator. (And onc efor impersonating one..hehe)

You won't hear any complaints from me.

Scorpio
Mar 23, 2001, 03:12 AM
I'm all for a discussion, but you are right, the flamming has to stop. Anyway, I think you're doing a good job, keep it up.

Medina2k
Mar 23, 2001, 03:25 AM
I havent posted much but you are always going to have problems like flaming man.. if you remove them, i have no problem with that... you are just doing your job.. and about the kids man, ban that kid. grrr

VulpesMundi
Mar 23, 2001, 04:12 AM
You're doing a wonderful job (IMHO), Ambrai. I'm a regular at GameFAQs, and this place is lenient compared to that. The people who just don't understand or don't know how to have fun need to find some other way to vent themselves. And for the rest of us who're enjoying the ride... on we go. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

Gilder
Mar 23, 2001, 05:01 AM
Even though it's far from neccesary, I figured I'd add some of my own words...

I don't post here often, but I do frequent this site and board daily, if I have the time. During my times here, I've seen flames, either towards other people, or to the staff members themselves. People, if you have a problem with a person or a staff member, there's no need to make it public. No one cares who you have a problem with, or who you're using the latest trashtalk on, so keep it to yourself, now and forever, where it belongs.

And to the staff members, keep on doing a great job on this site.

PowerSlave
Mar 23, 2001, 05:58 AM
Just wanted to say in the past month or so I have been on PSO World, I find these forums excellent.

I usually never post on boards because they are usually a flamefest where no real info is shared.

Hell, go look at Gamefaqs PSO board

Keep it up

Lugnut
Mar 23, 2001, 06:18 AM
Ambrai - You are doing a terrific job. PSO World is the ONLY place I'd ever consider for getting PSO information. Gamefaqs.com is full of Sharkers and other common cheaters. Of course, some enjoy tweaking a game to death for any advantages. And that is fine from my standpoint, as long as it doesn't directly interfere with my gameplay. I personally find cheating a quick bore. Playing this game legit is far more invigorating. It generates a nice feeling of genuity. Interacting with others and sharing various things with the people I've met at PSO World has been a far better experience than the many wasted hours of playing Diablo II amongst the habitual PKers, scammers, thieves, etc. Anyhow, please do not let some insignificant moron (such as I_Kill_Sharks_all_Day) get to you. Sure, his statements were sharp and disrespecful. But hey, maybe there is some deep-rooted psychological problem causing him much anger/jealousy, in which he has decided to vent upon the boards. Who knows? Of course I could say alot worse and he'd most likely respond with a witty response of his own... but I'm not about that. I'm here to support your efforts. Keep up the good work Ambrai!

AdamW
Mar 23, 2001, 07:02 AM
lol @ "...and telling him what to stick in his pants."

Acel
Mar 23, 2001, 09:56 AM
I think you're ok eventhough the fact that my first post on this forum was moved to the "trades" section(it was meant to be joke when I mentioned I wanted a SoulCalibur/Heart Breaker) ;P

Socrates
Mar 23, 2001, 12:51 PM
Acel, may I please request once again that you remove the 1.5-meg Shockwave file that is in your signature? It's frightfully annoying, not too mention monstrously huge in filesize.

Drahktar
Mar 23, 2001, 01:16 PM
Can anyone name a board that's run as well as this one is? Cause I sure as hell can't.

The_Saint
Mar 23, 2001, 01:31 PM
i would have to say that, the only problem with these boards are the people who complain about them. The satff of PSO World are doing a great job and need to be commended for it.

Core
Mar 23, 2001, 01:42 PM
I think that the PSO staff is doing a Damn good job of runing these boards, and I have yet to see any that match this quality.

Keep up the good work!

Mistkerl_Zwo
Mar 23, 2001, 02:34 PM
Just in reading these last 2 pages, there isn't one single complaint, i think that says a lot about the excellent work of the PSO staff

Ratsmack
Mar 23, 2001, 09:40 PM
Not one single complaint...damn, I feel sorry to break such a flawless record. But, I'm very sorry, I believe in freedom of speech. Call me a radical if you want. Ambrai, I have very few complaints about you or the other staff members, there is not a SINGLE board or site that is as informative, not even the official site. But, now I have one complaint: Moderation becoming repression. Ambrai, blatant flames against moderators should be treated as other flames, BUT criticisms are NOT flames. What I posted last time was a criticism, not a flame, I didn't call you stupid because you are not, and neither are any of the moderators. If they were, they'd be out in five seconds flat, I can predict that. Still, Ambrai, you are entitled to delete flames, and we'd all prefer it that way, but you should NOT delete criticism. Criticism is supposed to help people improve. Don't become a nazi over this. Anyways, I did not intend to bash you personally with what I said last time, I meant to criticize. If you just delete anything that speaks against you in any way, you just become a opressor, and you make what posting is limited to very narrow. You and the other moderators have been doing a good job, though, and I hope you will not ruin this record with senseless random deletions.

DarkWolf
Mar 23, 2001, 09:55 PM
Keep up the good work Ambrai, and thanks for keeping those with tempers hotter than a Fire Scepter in check!

Ambrai
Mar 23, 2001, 11:54 PM
Ratsmack,

I am actually very happy you posted that, its your opinion and belief in a matter, and done very well. Opinions I do not delete, I never have or will. My definition of a flame is an inflammatory statement, in simpler terms, rude comments, swearing and expressing yourself in an innaproprate manner (eg. d00d you $u(k munky ballzzz).

I appreciate your opinions and feedback, I always will. Don't ever be afraid to speak up, be afraid to flame.

Thanks Ratsmack, I have always respected you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_cool.gif.

-Ambrai

TwiNCannoN
Mar 24, 2001, 01:29 AM
Definately an unbelievable website and community... and popular which unfortunately brings bandwith/hosting problems.. no complaints here though. Just hope PSO-W stays up for as long the PSO series goes on and beyond... =)

Azel-SummErs
Mar 24, 2001, 04:42 AM
U have my upmost support ambrai.

ReikenFeralsbane
Mar 24, 2001, 07:22 AM
Ambrai = Too L337 4 j00
Ambrai OwnZ
don't let morons get to you Amby : fears she will smack him for that nick name:
Idiots "opinions" and lame remarks shouldn't get you down. you have alot of supporters and we all loves ya's.
Aaaaaaalllrighty then.
http://veridio.tripod.com/pso.jpg

" Within one fell swoop of my Chain Sawd blade, the lives of many shall be ended...and for what? For the joy of the hunt..."

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: ReikenFeralsbane on 2001-03-24 04:24 ]</font>