PDA

View Full Version : This Doesn't Make Sense!!!!

Sheogorath
Mar 23, 2001, 03:11 AM
I just logged onto the board today, and what do I see? a 23 message thread about the servers being junked up. Hmmm..guess I'm not the only one who has taken his fist and bloodied it up by smashing it through my desk.

Yes, I need a new desk now.

Anyhoo, Ever since Monday night, I have been unable to join games or enter puck 9...at all.

Now, puck 9 is busy, so I understand that, but let me recap monday-wednesday for you..

Monday: Log on at 6pm Eastern time. Get an FSOD a whopping 16 times straight attempting to join various games started by firends. Lose temper, break my Back up Dc controller by bashing it into the floor. Lose a couple items and money/scape dolls. Attempt to make games, I get lagged out as soon as someone joins. This occurs 8 more times before I completely flip out. Eventually, at 2am, I shut off my DC, and smash the remaining pieces of my backup Dc controller.

Tuesday: log on at 6pm Eastern, same thing. Only now I get FSOD's while attempting to change blocks. I leave at 1am, promising to retire to offline games.

Wednesday: Drae sees me cursing, ranting, and threatening to hunt Yuji Naka down. He tells me to try the Japanese servers..

Well, let me tell you something, none of you guys have LIVED until you played a full game on the japanese servers. SMOOTH AS SILK, and INSTANT connections. No lag, no lag spikes, no strange bugs...even on a server with 1,000+ people! Heck, cordelia has 250 and even it lags.

If anyone wants to look for sheo, try Europa, Block 10. I havent been able to play a game on the U.S. servers since sunday, but the japanese servers sure are a beauty.

Now, my question: why is a 200 people populated US server totally impossible to game upon, yet a 1,000+ people server in japan is 110% stable?

/end of rant

Fakir
Mar 23, 2001, 03:35 AM
The servers have definetly been acting screwy as of late. I was in the game with DangerGirl and Lysan when you tried to join. I was confused about why you couldn't get in all those times. Now I know it was the servers and not you. It came to the point tonight where it took about 3-5 minutes for my messages to show up on screen in a game. If this was the same for me as the other 3 people in the game, I honestly don't see how they were able to play. I was also in a game the other night just as worse in which my friend kept skipping around on the screen. It would first show him running into something then he would disappear. Throughout the rest of the game he would skip around on the screen showing up in different places. Plus, sometimes it shows one person killing something that is completly invisible to the other person. The Japanese servers are actually sounding like a good idea about now...

Sheogorath
Mar 23, 2001, 03:47 AM
And you know what Fakir? When you join a game on the Japanese servers, you join IMMEDIATELY.

I have played 4 games there tonight alone, and each time, no matter who made it, I never loaded at all...I just jumped straight from the "star trail-loading" screen and jumped straight to the game. Heck, it was so fast, that the two people who joined before me were still running out of the Hunter's Guild doorway.

I don't even care if they fix the U.S. Servers, these Japanese ones are just TOO fast for our Japanese gamers to keep all to themselves. I'm sold.

skinee
Mar 23, 2001, 03:57 AM
Ok now i agree on the fact that the US servers are turning a little but weird. I also ended up in the situations you guys did. But i have lost faith in the jap servers for 1 main reason..........Each and every single time i have played on them i either freeze or get disconnected a lot(and i mean A LOT)So I will give the jap servers another try since you guys say that they are good. But i hope i dont get a BSOD http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

VULCAN
Mar 23, 2001, 06:30 AM
I haven't had any trouble getting onto Puck: 9, my only problem is joining a game. When I go to join a game, I either get disconnected, or I sit there for like 10 minutes before I am actually into the game... I wish this would all stop!!! I wish, I wish, I wish...

Lamalas
Mar 23, 2001, 11:26 AM
Hmmm...I remember when Sheo was lagging so badly earlier this week. The past couple of days it has taken me about 2-3 minutes to just get into the lobby...and I actually fell asleep last night waiting to join a game!!!

So Sheo...I'll be on for a loooooooooong time tonight (TGIF) if you wanna look me up and we'll game some http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif Show me the light...it's...sooooo....pretty....

Ukyou
Mar 23, 2001, 11:31 AM
if anyone pays attention to my sig, i do list Elara16, that's the japanese place I hang out on ^_^

Danger_Girl
Mar 23, 2001, 11:41 AM
I hear ya Sheo, somethings broken. My experiences havent been as bad as your, I've only gotten FSOD twice and each time a soft reset saved my sweet lil self.

I have no luck with the JP serves though for some reason. I think it might be my ISP. No one else seems to have trouble with them like I. Hmmm...anyway I'm still holding on to the hope that it will be fixed soon.

Gilder
Mar 23, 2001, 12:42 PM
I don't know if it does or not, but PSO World should also have a home on the Japanese servers considering how unstable the US servers can be sometimes. I really wanna play with some of you guys and girls, but since the US server's are so buggy it seems everyone spread out through the Japanese ones, argh.

Drahktar
Mar 23, 2001, 01:33 PM
A home on the japanese servers would be nice. I treat Puck-9 as my old home that's been A-bombed. I can always go back but there's a little too much radiation to live comfortably. I hang out on Io-5.

Neojin
Mar 23, 2001, 01:54 PM
grrrr ewww, those silly servers make Ryiko mad. I want to join friends and I wait and wait then poof me not get on. And the lag, and people not see what others are hitting, ARRRGGGG!!!

I've had some good times on EU servers, if there are a few Londoners or others who would like to suggest a ship/block this wittle force would be more than happy to say hi, darn time differnces though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Samuel-Vimes
Mar 23, 2001, 08:44 PM
It would be a good idea for PSO World to designate an ?official? ship and block on the Japanese servers. Last night, after trying to get a game going with Mystique/Lugnuts, Talbaine, and Darkwolf on Puck 9, and having no success, Talbaine and Darkwolf (and a few others) couldn?t join in, there was extreme lag as they tried to join in, and all sorts of problems, I made the jump to the Japanese servers. Myst/Lug, Neko, and I went and created a game there. With a few exceptions, such as Myst/Lug being disconnected due to netzero, and about 1 instance of lag (very short) while trying join the game, everything went fine.

One thing that I did notice last night, was that I couldn?t do a search for people (Myst/Lug and Neko) while I was over on the Japanese servers. I went back to Puck 9 and they were there saying that they couldn?t locate me. Very strange.

Lugnut
Mar 23, 2001, 09:10 PM
Indeed, last night the US servers were attrocious. Neko, Sylvia, and I were having difficulty maintaining a decent connection. Thanks to Sylvia's (samuel-vimes) intuition we were able to successfully keep a game going on the Europa JP server. (Of course Netzero gave me the usual troubles...) Anyways, I do believe it would a good idea to designate a JP server/block as a second home for all PSO Worlders to unite. Considering that tonight is Friday, I anticipate massive lag/connection troubles. I think I'll just go and get drunk elsewhere. =) If I make it home by 3, maybe I'll play for an hour.

Isamu64
Mar 23, 2001, 09:46 PM
Even the japanese servers don't work for me, nor the european. I haven't been able to join a game since Monday, I can make it to a lobby 1 out of 3 attempts, but if I try to change blocks or join a game I get booted. The same thing happens to me on the japanese and european servers as well. Basically, I'm screwed out of online play until the US servers are fixed.

Ron
Mar 23, 2001, 09:48 PM
welcome to my world this has been happening since about 2 or 3 weeks ago this is just annoying now I've been to the japanese servers and I don't really think there is a difference but ofcourse I get to those servers in the wee hours of the night and the conection speed gets better after awhile but those first few hours are a real pain

DarkWolf
Mar 23, 2001, 10:15 PM
Hehehe... Lag wasn't too bad last night for me. Lessee, I join a game with Sylvia, Mystique, and Talbain, and my uncle calls... probably causing all the trouble with that game (Sorry guys!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif Then about 1amEST, I get BSOD'ed again... fortunately I gained a level right before, and nothing lost after, so I was pretty happy. I've had worse nights. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Sciler
Mar 24, 2001, 02:12 AM
<font color=red>I've missed you Sheo. I hope I can sign on soon to play a game with you again...i have had one of the shittiest weeks I've ever had in my life I could use some fun. I'll look for you.

I almost got BSOD the other night! My screen went black but I calmly removed my phoneline....waited aabout 2 mins and finally the normal screen came back up saying my line was disconnected and then it saved. ~wipes brow~ I woulda beeen pissed....but luckily everythying saved http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif<center>

zanza
Mar 25, 2001, 07:12 AM
My opinion on the U.S. servers is the same with all of you.
JP servers are actually pretty fun.
(Except for the occasional moron from our U.S. server thinking he's got the biggest d__k)
I too however have gotten disconnected alot of times while in jp.
hm....

Rio
Mar 25, 2001, 07:40 AM
<blockquote>
I'll agree to that, the US PSO servers have been acting up lately... Perhaps as a side-effect of those lovely rolling blackouts in Cali. When Rei, me and the horde were going to get our pictures taken yesterday we had to move to a Japanese server to find a better ping (of all things).

Considering trans-Pacific latiency.. phrell.. that's some pretty hardcore lag on the American servers. Here's to hoping California can clear up that power issue soon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif
</blockquote>

AxemPunanny
Mar 25, 2001, 09:02 AM
I actually haven't much trouble online, like all of you have been saying. Not to long ago I was online for like 4-6 hrs straight. Bout to go on again. I've the occasion lag, where it would be a few seconds after picking up items. Was scaring at first, BSOD. But other than that, few hiccups. I wonder if any of you are using SegaNet. I had to get SegaNet, cause I was using an ISP for free, info given to my by a family member, I guess their work isn't using that ISP anymore. I've been on the EU server once, not that bad. US servers got so much going on I guess.

XPunanny/DCMarine

Stinger
Mar 25, 2001, 09:39 AM
The japanese servers are better as US/EU servers becouse the japanese players must pay all 3 Month (1000Yen) to play PSO...so they get better service...thats all!!

IceBlink
Mar 25, 2001, 10:51 AM
So, like, since that PSO World seems to be moving it's base (chuckles), has anyone thought of spreading the news to everyone? ^_^

US-Puck 9
JP-?
EU-?

Have several backups... ^_^ C'mon, I really enjoyed playing PSO with some of the members here! ^_^ And I wanna continue, even if I have to move around! ^_^

As for playing with Japanese people... heh, I might have a try. ^_^; All they kept doing when I was attempting to speak in broken Japanese was:

...... -_-;;;

^_^;; Heh heh... maybe I should brush up more on my Japanese skills. ^_^;;

TwiNCannoN
Mar 25, 2001, 11:00 AM
Hey Sheo, nice sig.. all I can say is.. m3t30r st0rmz 4 l1f3!

anyyyway.. I was playing on jp servers last night, sorry I bailed on you but any longer and I would've just passed out. I dozed off fighting a couple 'beats in the mines and Cloudette was like "hi, can you stop dying now?" rofl.

But, the server's were kind of laggy. Like how the US servers were a month ago on a bad night. But, we played for a decent amount of time with no problems, and log-ins were fast and stable as you said, so.. we may play there instead from now on.

ACE
Mar 25, 2001, 02:53 PM
Lately , Ive been getting on immediatly and people join my game quick as well. I play with no lag. But a week ago I couldnt join any games because of FSOD.