PDA

View Full Version : Best RPG u ever played?

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Aug 7, 2003, 12:13 AM
What is the best rpg game u ever played??? For me its the Final Fantasy series and Resident Evil series, if thats considered an rpg.

Bit
Aug 7, 2003, 12:16 AM
Final Fantasy 3 and Crono Trigger.

Best Games Ever.

Nerd
Aug 7, 2003, 12:35 AM
Suikoden will always have a special place in my heart, never played the sequels though. Loved Final Fantasy (probably more if we are considering the whole series) too.

pixelate
Aug 7, 2003, 12:42 AM
Super Mario RPG.

tornado216
Aug 7, 2003, 12:50 AM
I really like Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG, but I also really like Golden Sun, and Chrono Trigger. Paper Mario was probably my favorite though.

Dangerous55
Aug 7, 2003, 01:18 AM
Chrono Cross and Shadow Hearts as Japanese ones.

KOTOR, BG2, ICWD2, as American ones.

ShadowFOrce
Aug 7, 2003, 02:13 AM
I liked kingdom hearts alot but never got around to completly beating it.

SubstanceD
Aug 7, 2003, 02:29 AM
I voted Xenogears/Xenosaga even though I have not played Xenosaga. To be honest my real answer is alot more complicated.

The Lunar Series Officially ranks as my favorite rpg series ( Lunar Eternal Blue is my favorite game of all time whereas Lunar Silver Star Story Complete is my 3rd favorite game ), at least for the moment ( I am going to import Xenosaga, maybe then the Xeno series will dethrone the Lunar series ).

Xenogears is my second favorite game ever.

Skies of Arcadia comes in as my 4th favorite game.

Suikoden 2 is my 5th favorite rpg ( note that I did not say game this time ).

I like the final Fantasy series and I am proud to count Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VI amongst some of my favorite games ever but I do fell that the FF series is too over rated.

And no I don't count the Resident Evil games as being Rpg's, if you include them as such then you might as well call almost every other game an Rpg.

Vitamin_D
Aug 7, 2003, 02:34 AM
You should be SHOT for not having the Chrono Series on there.

Rep0
Aug 7, 2003, 02:39 AM
Final Fantasy 6
Legend Of Dragoon
Chrono Trigger

More I can't think of

Slicer238
Aug 7, 2003, 02:49 AM
Final Fantasy 3/6
Final Fantasy 7

I never really liked Kingdom hearts for the simple fact they put FF characters with Disney Characters. Xenogears I didn't like it at all.

Nai_Calus
Aug 7, 2003, 03:18 AM
Final Fanasy VI and Chrono Trigger are the absolute be-all end-all pwnage OMGWTFl337 kick-assest games EVER. Seriously.

Obscenity
Aug 7, 2003, 05:16 AM
Kingdom Hearts? Star Ocean? RESIDENT EVIL??? Wtf. What about Phantasy Star 1-4? Or Shining Force 1-3? Skies of Arcadia? Chrono Trigger? In my opinion, those belong on there as choices far more than anything you actually included, with the possible exception of a few of the FF games (4-8). You need to play some more RPG's if those listed are the best you ever played.

Edit: I want to know how anyone could consider any Resident Evil game an RPG.

One more edit: I forgot to mention PSO (duh) and Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

One more edit: How could I have forgotten the Pokemon GB/GBA games? Call them kiddie games if you want, but any RPG that gives me character choices numbering in the hundreds is okay by me. They're by far some of my favorite games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obscenity on 2003-08-07 07:08 ]</font>

Neverwinter
Aug 7, 2003, 07:28 AM
PC rpg =Baldurs Gate II
GC x2 rpg's =Skies of Arcadia(yay I have it) + PSO

shifter
Aug 7, 2003, 08:36 AM
Mario rpg and Final Fantasy VII. Skies of Arcadia was pretty good too. I would also have put Paper Mario but it was too short and had no replay value.

RavenTW
Aug 7, 2003, 08:45 AM
since I haven't played many RPGS (less than the thread creator) I'd probably pick Megaman Battle Network 3. But out of the polls, Legend of Dragoon.

Deathscythealpha
Aug 7, 2003, 08:55 AM
Deus Ex. Most fun ive had with an RPG in ages, so many cool choices and little changes you can make each time you play through the game.

Blade21
Aug 7, 2003, 09:00 AM
FF7, and to bring back an old genesis Rpg. ..SHINING FORCE 1-2

ShadowFOrce
Aug 7, 2003, 09:22 AM
On 2003-08-07 00:49, Slicer238 wrote:
Final Fantasy 3/6
Final Fantasy 7

I never really liked Kingdom hearts for the simple fact they put FF characters with Disney Characters. Xenogears I didn't like it at all.

What do you have against Disney?? Honestly think where would the world be if we didn't have Disney??

Obscenity
Aug 7, 2003, 09:25 AM
On 2003-08-07 07:22, ShadowFOrce wrote:

On 2003-08-07 00:49, Slicer238 wrote:
Final Fantasy 3/6
Final Fantasy 7

What do you have against Disney?? Honestly think where would the world be if we didn't have Disney??

Much better off, as far as I'm concerned.

http://alliance.hellninjacommando.net/purpose.htm

shifter
Aug 7, 2003, 09:26 AM
That much happier.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 7, 2003, 10:12 AM
MARIO RPG!!!

shifter
Aug 7, 2003, 10:44 AM
depends on what hes wearing.

Kizaragu
Aug 7, 2003, 10:48 AM
Final Fantasy 7, Breath of Fire 3, Azures dreams and Never Winter Nights to Name a few.

Deluge
Aug 7, 2003, 11:14 AM
Final Fantasy 10 and Chrono Cross

Valleo
Aug 7, 2003, 12:18 PM
Suikoden 2 by far. Followed by FF3/6, FF Tactics.... it goes on. And I agree with whoever it was that named all those other series that didnt make the poll. Legend of Dragoon and Kingdom Hearts are bolth ok, but compared to the other games with series' that have had 3 or more games made they dont really belong there. They would be more suited for an "other" tab. Resident Evil doesnt belong there either. I would think it could be more like;

Final Fantasy
Phantasy Star
Suikoden
Xenogears/saga
Star Ocean
Chrono Trigger/Cross
Shining Force
Dragon Warrior
Breath of Fire
Pokemon
Other

I dunno if there are that many options but meh... and feel free to point out any classics ive missed.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 7, 2003, 12:19 PM
Chrono Trigger was a good RPG also... Its funny when someone kills Magus and doesn't get him for the team *coughssephirothdahuntercough* ahem.... I like doing the races at the Colisseum... Never got all ending though.... cartridge gave out...

Orange_Coconut
Aug 7, 2003, 12:27 PM
I love sooo many RPGs, it's definitely hard to tell which one is my favorite. I might have to lean towards Earthbound though since it was my first RPG that I've ever played. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I also loved Legend of Dragoon, I liked the battle style and everything. I haven't played very many RPGs on PS, and I haven't played any other like Legend of Dragoon (I bet there are plenty with the same battle style out there somewhere).

I loved Mario RPG as well, and truthfully I haven't played FF3 (I know, but it's true :/).

Obscenity
Aug 7, 2003, 12:29 PM
On 2003-08-07 10:18, Valleo wrote:
Suikoden 2 by far. Followed by FF3/6, FF Tactics.... it goes on. And I agree with whoever it was that named all those other series that didnt make the poll. Legend of Dragoon and Kingdom Hearts are bolth ok, but compared to the other games with series' that have had 3 or more games made they dont really belong there. They would be more suited for an "other" tab. Resident Evil doesnt belong there either. I would think it could be more like;

Final Fantasy
Phantasy Star
Suikoden
Xenogears/saga
Star Ocean
Chrono Trigger/Cross
Shining Force
Dragon Warrior
Breath of Fire
Pokemon
Other

I dunno if there are that many options but meh... and feel free to point out any classics ive missed.

Dragon Warrior! -smacks forehead

I've played way too many RPG's to remember them all. I'm going senile.

Dangerous55
Aug 7, 2003, 12:37 PM
On 2003-08-07 05:28, Neverwinter wrote:
PC rpg =Baldurs Gate II
GC x2 rpg's =Skies of Arcadia(yay I have it) + PSO

Yay a BG2 fan...

I just read all the ones in the poll, no way RE is an RPG.

shifter
Aug 7, 2003, 12:38 PM
does anyone FF V? didnt think so.

polishedweasel
Aug 7, 2003, 12:44 PM
Lunar Silver whatevermabob. I forgot what it was called. I loved that game, but I made a wrong turn somewhere and got to the end boss at about lv 40. So I never got to beat the game. ANd then my friend wanted it back. So I never got to beat it, FFX I almost beat, had to give it back, FFVIII only got to the 3rd disc, had to take it back to Blockbuster. I have really bad luck when it comes to RPGs.

Kent
Aug 7, 2003, 02:30 PM
Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts are my two favorite RPGs.

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Aug 7, 2003, 04:39 PM
Ahhhh Chrono Trigger, I knew I was forgetting one. Im sorry I didnt put Chrono Triggr, mario rpg or Chrono Chross on the poll, they must of slipped my mind. Oh well..

saffaya
Aug 7, 2003, 04:58 PM
Exodus : Ultima III
Ys
Emerald Dragon
Miraculum, the last revelation.

I'd like to play : Valkyrie Profile.

tornado216
Aug 7, 2003, 05:14 PM
How could I forget Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Warrior!? Dragon Warrior III was the best, I think, cause you got the whole party, and it was longer and had more choices. Kingdom Hearts was a really good RPG cause I love Square Games and Disney Movies.

BOC
Aug 7, 2003, 06:02 PM
baldurs gate I&II and all the add-on packs.

why-o-why didn't they leave it open for a sequel?

and note my surprize that only one person mentioned phantasy star.

and not one mention of diablo yet.

PEACE!!!

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 7, 2003, 07:14 PM
oooo!!! HARVEST MOON SERIES!!! I LOVE THEM ALL!!! GOOD RPG!!!

Sedyne
Aug 7, 2003, 07:57 PM
On 2003-08-07 00:34, Vitamin_D wrote:
You should be SHOT for not having the Chrono Series on there.

Die for dissing Chrono Trigger/Chross

Dangerous55
Aug 7, 2003, 08:06 PM
On 2003-08-07 16:02, BOC wrote:
baldurs gate I&II and all the add-on packs.

why-o-why didn't they leave it open for a sequel?

and note my surprize that only one person mentioned phantasy star.

and not one mention of diablo yet.

PEACE!!!

There were rumours of a BG3 being worked on then they trashed it.

And Diablo isnt a RPG...

Squid
Aug 7, 2003, 08:06 PM
Definately Chrono Trigger, but since it wasn't in the list. I'd voted for FF's... The FFVII is the best one, apart from FFV...But Final Fantasy VII has better graphics http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Suppa_Buddha
Aug 7, 2003, 08:12 PM
Out of those, all those Final Fantasies. But I like Secret of Mana.

s.TiNgEr
Aug 7, 2003, 09:42 PM
FF4. I played it ever since i was 3..... i didnt really understand it till i was about 8 though o_O

Namevah
Aug 7, 2003, 09:48 PM
I like:

PSO(GCN)
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete(PS1)
Lunar Legend(GBA)
Final Fantasy VII(PS1)
Dragon Warrior 3(GBC)
Paper Mario(N64)
Skies of Arcadia Legends(GCN)
Neverwinter Nights(PC)

I know theres more but I cant remember.

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Aug 7, 2003, 11:30 PM
DAMN!!! There were better games to put on poll, but I couldnt think of them. Like Skies of Arcadia Legends for gamecube. I loved that game, who could I forget that one.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 8, 2003, 12:20 AM
Because you're an idiot.... Resident Evil as an RPG??? YOU ARE TOO OBSESSED WITH THAT GAME!!!

Murako
Aug 8, 2003, 12:27 AM
On 2003-08-07 18:06, Dangerous55 wrote:

And Diablo isnt a RPG...

[/quote]

If that's true, then PSO isn't one either.

For my faves:
1# Final Fantasy Tactics
2# Super Mario RPG
3# FF7

Honorable Mention:
Chrono Trigger - In my opinion the story kinda sucked.

Enyalis_Cho
Aug 8, 2003, 01:16 AM
My all time favorites, and I don't think anyone mentioned either of them, are Persona 2: Eternal Punnishment, and Silent Hill (the first one; played 2, it was very good, but I just liked the first one better).

Elvendar
Aug 8, 2003, 10:21 PM
I like Lufia 2. Had much better graphics than it's predecessor, a better combat system and cute capsule monsters.

Also, Final Fantasy Tactics and Ogre Battle 64 (even though they're kinda... strategy-fied.)

eXo
Aug 9, 2003, 07:56 PM
Im kind of a old school guy,so i have to go with the two games that got me into RPG'S Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy II. They are some of the major RPG pioneers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

eXo
Aug 9, 2003, 08:13 PM
On 2003-08-07 22:27, Murako wrote:

On 2003-08-07 18:06, Dangerous55 wrote:

And Diablo isnt a RPG...

If that's true, then PSO isn't one either.

For my faves:
1# Final Fantasy Tactics
2# Super Mario RPG
3# FF7

Honorable Mention:
Chrono Trigger - In my opinion the story kinda sucked.

[/quote]

In a way he you are both correct PSo and Diablo 2 are both classified as,a MMORPG not a traditional rpg but an rpg none the less.
Its also impossible to argue the point of diablo2 and PSO not being RPG'S,because they booth meet all requirements of a rpg.

DIABLO 2 & PSO
A.Has a storyline & results in several hours of play
B.Requires reading and interaction with NPC's
C.Has NPC's,leveling,items & magic
D.You defeat minions and evil foes to restore order to the world.

V.S
The Traditional offline RPG
A.Has a storyline & results in several hors of play.
B.Requires reading and interaction with NPC'S
C.Has NPC's leveling,items & magic
D.You defeat minions and eveil foes to restore order to the world.

Now someone please tell me whats the difference. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
D.

Dangerous55
Aug 9, 2003, 08:41 PM
On 2003-08-09 18:13, eXo wrote:

In a way he you are both correct PSo and Diablo 2 are both classified as,a MMORPG not a traditional rpg but an rpg none the less.
Its also impossible to argue the point of diablo2 and PSO not being RPG'S,because they booth meet all requirements of a rpg.

DIABLO 2 & PSO

V.S

Now someone please tell me whats the difference. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
D.

What? Neither of them are MMORPG's.

PSO and D2 are Action-RPGS.

tiltnkirby26
Aug 9, 2003, 08:45 PM
Mario RPG was fun. Know what I'll go and play it right now.

eXo
Aug 9, 2003, 10:51 PM
On 2003-08-09 18:41, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2003-08-09 18:13, eXo wrote:

DIABLO 2 & PSO

V.S

D.

What? Neither of them are MMORPG's.

PSO and D2 are Action-RPGS.

are you serious Zelda is classified as a action rpg,Diablo2 and PSO are MMORPG's

LINK TO SITE CONFIRMING DIABLO 2

http://www.onlinemultiplayergames.co.uk/html/rpg___mmorpg.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eXo on 2003-08-09 21:26 ]</font>

strongmad89
Aug 9, 2003, 11:07 PM
On 2003-08-06 22:42, pixelate wrote:
Super Mario RPG.

I agree with pixelate. Where the hell is SMRPG?!?

Obscenity
Aug 9, 2003, 11:26 PM
On 2003-08-09 20:51, eXo wrote:

are you serious Zelda is classified as a action rpg,Diablo2 and PSO are MMORPG's

Actually, I think Zelda is classified as an adventure RPG.

eXo
Aug 9, 2003, 11:39 PM
On 2003-08-09 21:26, Obscenity wrote:

are you serious Zelda is classified as a action/adventure rpg,Diablo2 and PSO are MMORPG's

Actually, I think Zelda is classified as an adventure RPG.

eXo
Aug 9, 2003, 11:42 PM
Obscenity you are absolutly correct zelda is actually a action/adventure RPG good job.

Raziel_Kai
Aug 10, 2003, 07:25 AM
Valkyrie Profile... also Grandia 2 was very nice.
Final Fantasy 1~6.

RedRage
Aug 10, 2003, 05:21 PM
I thought Aidyn Chronicles for N64 was pretty damn good even though the graphics weren't that great.

Elvendar
Aug 10, 2003, 10:26 PM
Your site is wrong. D2 isn't an MMORPG.

Proof you say? MMORPG's support more than 4-8 people in a game world at a time. >:O

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Nidarrock
Aug 10, 2003, 11:14 PM
Console RPG: Panzer Dragoon Saga
PC RPG: TES III: Morrowind

Honorable mentions:
Chrono Cross
FF VIII
Dragon Warrier(my first RPG)

PDS is the most unique RPG I've ever played. They took the beautiful world of PD and crafter this masterpiece. The three ATB along with different attacks, positions and dragon morphing made battles tactical and fun. Everything about this title is a winner, even the graphics considering the system.

I know Morrowind is on Xbox but I own it on PC so there is my vote. Never have I played a game, let alone an RPG, as open as this. Coupled with nice graphics, a quirking but sweet Contrustion kit superb music and a very interesting main quest makes this game a keeper.

Now usually I like to go one about Vagrant Story. Being that this is one of my favorite games it has too few "RPG" elements to truthfully post it. But the game is exquisite and should not be overlooked. I think I've rattled on enough.

eXo
Aug 10, 2003, 11:45 PM
On 2003-08-10 20:26, Elvendar wrote:
Your site is wrong. D2 isn't an MMORPG.

Proof you say? MMORPG's support more than 4-8 people in a game world at a time. >:O

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Well of course bot if you are comparing it to games like,everquest but the last time i checkeda MMORPG was Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Diablo 2 has

A massive world well not really but big enough
Its multiplayer and *FYI* multiplayer is considered any amount except single player
Its Online
And it has every element of a RPG

Call that site wrong if you like, but every videogame book and website cant be wrong.

http://www.videogames.com must be wrong

http://www.gamers.com must be wrong

http://www.ebgames.com must be wrong the list goes on and on. those companies work with games for a living someones wrong but im sure its not them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eXo on 2003-08-10 22:10 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Aug 10, 2003, 11:52 PM

LINK TO SITE CONFIRMING DIABLO 2

http://www.onlinemultiplayergames.co.uk/html/rpg___mmorpg.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eXo on 2003-08-09 21:26 ]</font>

Uh, not once did I say Zelda is an Action-RPG. Zelda is an Adventure-RPG.

That site is wrong buddy, D2 is not a MMORPG. Neither is PSO.

Well of course bot if you are comparing it to games like,everquest but the last time i checkeda MMORPG was Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Diablo 2 has

A massive world well not really but big enough
Its multiplayer and *FYI* multiplayer is considered any amount except single player
Its Online
And it has every element of a RPG

Call that site wrong if you like, but every videogame book and wibsite cant be wrong.

http://www.videogames.com most be wrong

http://www.gamers.com most be wrong

http://www.ebgames.com most be wrong the list goes on and on. those companies work with games for a living someones wrong but im sure its not them

MMORPG's are games with one giant world, no lobbys.

Then those sites are wrong if they list them as MMORPGs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dangerous55 on 2003-08-10 21:55 ]</font>

eXo
Aug 11, 2003, 12:41 AM
Hmmm ok whatever you are right im not in the mood for debate lets just say its,a RTARPG instead then
Real time Action Role Playing Game. Thats the only other thing it cound be classified as.

LostHero
Aug 11, 2003, 12:14 PM
In no particular order...
Baulders Gate II
FF7
ICO
Chrono Trigger

untitled
Aug 11, 2003, 10:29 PM
Skies of arcadia (dc)

I think this was the greatest game

Genoa
Aug 12, 2003, 03:09 PM
RPG : Final Fantasy VIII
ACTION : MegamanX4
ADVENTURE : Zelda Ocarina of Time
SHOOT EM UP : 007 Goldeneye
STRATEGY : Starcraft

hey, RPG isn't everything (mostly anyway)

Shattered_weasel
Aug 12, 2003, 03:25 PM
Super Smash Bros. hands down

Genoa
Aug 12, 2003, 03:36 PM
... not rpg but still good game. I'm really good at Super Smash Bros Melee. I was really good at the original but know that I've got used to Melee, I kinda cant beat Very Hard on the orginal anymore... I know, so shamefull. Well I could with a continue but that wouldn't count http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ness
Aug 12, 2003, 03:39 PM
Morrowind hands down.

jediknight007
Aug 16, 2003, 11:32 PM
In no particular order:
Chronotrigger
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy 7
Terranigma
Illusion of Time/Gaia
Shining Force 1&2
Zelda: Link to the Past
Zelda: Link's Awakening

PhatDiddy
Aug 19, 2003, 08:03 PM
Other than forgeting about PSO u also forgot all the Ogre Battle games. especially the N64 version!

NKOTB
Aug 19, 2003, 08:05 PM
Shadowrun

Allos
Aug 19, 2003, 08:09 PM
May I ask why people are mentioning games that bear no resemblance to RPG's? Such as...

SSB
Resident Evil

Wewt
Aug 19, 2003, 08:13 PM
Secret of Mana

Terrific atmosphere, good story(I don't care if a sword screwed a tree and had a kid http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif), good everything.

_Sinue_
Aug 20, 2003, 12:35 AM
First off, I want to say that Zelda has almost NOTHING in common with Adventure games - and to list it as such is an insult to Adventure games.

For a perfect example of what a TRUE RPG/Adventure is, look to my pick as best RPG. Quest for Glory from Sierra Online. Built by two avid Dungeons & Dragons fans, Quest for Glory put you in the role of a graduate from F.A.C.S (Famous Adventurers Correspondance School) looking to make a name for yourself. You pick from one of three classes, Fighter - Magic User - Theif. There are three distict and different plot paths to follow depending on your character class, with most of them being able to cross over. So if you make a Fighter, you can also learn a bit of magic and take on some of the Magic User sub-plot paths. Being extreemely open ended, it allowed for a great amount of replay value.

There was no leveling system. Instead, you had skills you could improve through practice. Slay monster, and you become stronger and more Vigorous. (combat was real-time btw) Practice your Magic, and you become better at it as well as improve the effeciency of your spells. Sneak around alot, and you become more agile. Ask a lot of questions, and you become smarter and more charismatic. Ect. You then use these improved skills to help you solve puzzles and advance the storyline. Like, say if you wanted to get the reward for finding the healers ring.. you'd have to climb a tree to get it from a birds nest. Once you know it's there, just keep practicing your climbing until you're able to get it. Then again.. you could also cast a spell at it to knock it loose or simply throw rocks at it if your throwing skill was good enough.

The game world itself really reminds me of Shenmue. There is real-time day/night transitions.. and you need to make sure you get a full nights sleep or else become fatigued. You also need to find a way to feed yourself at least once or twice per day. Characters have increadibly long scripts as well.. changing dialouge and conversation paths nearly every day and several times a day depending on what you do to advance the game's storyline. Some characters will trust and admire you, while others will lothe you depending on how you act towards them.

I also love it's un-orthadox RPG settings. It's rare these days to find an RPG that isn't set in some "FF" cliche'd locaction or sci-fi setting. Quest for Glory took you from the stereotypical Midievil Germany to Arabia, to the jungles of Africa, to Transylvania, to Ancient Greece. Each setting, while fantasized for the QFG universe, had a lot of research and real world knowladge put into them. The Simbani Tribe in East Fricana for example, actually speak Swahili.. and play some of their traditional games like Awari.

Finally, to top it all off.. Quest For Glory was one of the very first games to allow you to save off your character from one game to import him into the next game in the series.

I would suggest that everyone give it a try and play the first in the series through at least once. While it hasn't been released as Freeware yet, Sierra is hardly doing anything with the licence since the closing of Yosemite Entertainment and the layoffs of everyone there - including Lori and Corey Cole. They aren't even selling it anymore.. so do what you need to to get a hold of a copy of this classic PC game which was WAYYY ahead of it's time.