PDA

View Full Version : Megid, Megid and Megid

Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003, 12:41 AM
I took a look at the formula for Megid's success rate, but it seems rather strange.

It is rather simple: MagidPower - TargetEDK

In other words, if targets dark res is more than megid's power, the target is completely immune.

This would be very nice against those thrice damned Ob Lilies for instance. Question is, what lv Megid are they using?

Also, in case my FOnewearl in trining gets her megid up a bit from it's current 19, is there any good areas to nuke with it? (A good area being nice xp with low EDK)

Lucas2k4
Aug 7, 2003, 12:44 AM
I know the Seabed has low dark resistence. And I'm pretty sure the lilies have around level 10 megid.

NodMan
Aug 7, 2003, 12:48 AM
Ob Lily's have around LV16 Megid and the place to kill things with Megid is SpaceShip and Seabed.

hucasts_rock
Aug 7, 2003, 01:19 AM
the ob lily's megid isn't a difficult thing to dodge though =/

Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003, 01:43 AM
Sure it is relatively easy to dodge a megid you see comming.

Doing ult caves is no real problem, as there are few lilies, usually with a safe distance between each.

Things get much worse in temple or monster-heavy quests like Addicting Food. Lots of lilies spawning all over the place, well within reach of each other. A HU can certainly get into trouble there... And if it is simply a matter of equpping some dark res to completely ignore them, I'd much prefer that.

Maki_Nomiya
Aug 7, 2003, 09:55 AM
u can kill with megid on .. Central control, Seabed, and Space ship , and anytimes on temple too

rena-ko
Aug 7, 2003, 10:00 AM
yes, almost everything in ep2 is weak to it ^-^

and to survive ob lilly's megid...
delsaber shield + 2 resist devil + normal armor resistance = more than 70 dark resistance. this should reduce the chance of a connecting ob lilly's megid to 1/30 or something like that.

but actually, all you have to do is keep yourself focused at the lillies, then you'll survive even additing food with its 7-ob lilly-circle-room in caves2 without any special dark resistance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-08-07 08:00 ]</font>

Mildewman1
Aug 7, 2003, 11:40 AM
On 2003-08-06 23:19, hucasts_rock wrote:
the ob lily's megid isn't a difficult thing to dodge though =/

there is one room that almosy always gets me. The room has a crimson assassin in it and when you go in an ob lily secretly appears to the left of you. He gets me a lot.

Raxxon_Ironis
Aug 7, 2003, 04:40 PM
On 2003-08-06 22:48, NodMan wrote:
Ob Lily's have around LV16 Megid and the place to kill things with Megid is SpaceShip and Seabed.

At most it's 15, because when it becomes 16 it takes on the little puffy trail and makes the sighing noise. Needless to say, Ob Lily's Megid doesn't do that.

Slicer238
Aug 7, 2003, 04:45 PM
Megid is great when its yours but when its an enemies its evil.

NodMan
Aug 9, 2003, 12:04 AM
On 2003-08-06 23:43, Fanatic wrote:
Sure it is relatively easy to dodge a megid you see comming.

Doing ult caves is no real problem, as there are few lilies, usually with a safe distance between each.

Things get much worse in temple or monster-heavy quests like Addicting Food. Lots of lilies spawning all over the place, well within reach of each other. A HU can certainly get into trouble there... And if it is simply a matter of equpping some dark res to completely ignore them, I'd much prefer that.

Hey if you have soo much trouble with Megid then why don't you Equipe 4 Resists/Devils and a Sheild of Delsaber that way you never die from Megid with 100+ Dark resistance.

Fanatic
Aug 9, 2003, 02:26 AM
Well, 100+ dark resistence isn't needed here. I was trying to find out the minimal amount of EDK needed to ignore Obs.

If their megid is indeed below 16, no more than 69 EDK is needed, which would leave me to use some of my slots for better things if I equipped Delsaber Shield and a frame high on EDK.