PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters and Legits...Your life

SlayerJr
Aug 7, 2003, 09:52 AM
Some times we love to flame people. That's the nature of a message board. I don't know if it's to have a way with someone, or fulfill the sick pleasure in someone's mind.

We see it all the time. Cheaters flaming legits... more legits flaming cheaters. But should anyone care?

I was reading some topics on the cheaters forum section. And I see disagreement left and right. I mean, come on... Should anyone care? Who does?

By the way people express words here (and I know they are expressed because there are forum rules here) it makes it seems like, someone is crying over a simple piece of sh1t. Seriously, it's like minding your own business or whatnot. Legits may have the excuse of going around saying, "Cheaters suck because they like to cheat and join my game and cheat and sell cheat info on the internet and fill up my forums with cheats and cheats ruin the game because cheaters suck and so do cheats."

There are many locations avaliable to pso users to play. Not just Antares, Mintaka, Polaris, Merope, Callisto, Celestite, Io, or the infamous Oberon and Vega. There are many places to go. You think someone that know cheats and codes and hacks and shyt to visit a ship that only has less than 20 people? NO!!! I know this myself because I used to do the same thing! On the dreamcast versions of the game, I would look for a high (or the highest) populated ship availiable, and starting lobby noling to just spamming lobbies. Being an ex-Terrorist memeber, I should know. I been on both sides of the table. I'm not bragging about it, nor should I be banned for such a history. I was legit then, and things changed and I'm basically a healthy person to play with. Will I cheat hack or ruin Someone else's game? No... not this round. Taking another person's hard earned work away (not to mention time) is a bit annoying.

After having the same treatment on yourself, you wouldn't think but to remodify your game so you could recover lost data. Is it legit? In some aspects... It should be. There shouldn't be any reason to lose something you earned all by yourself.

The views of a legit on a cheater should be the same as any other player. Everyone is different, and everyone is human. We all play this game, and we play it differently.

And as far as cheaters go, everywhere I go, "I think legits are boring because they dont like cheats and cheats improve a game and cheats make other cheats better when you combine weapons and max stats at a early level because we should thank cheats for making the game better. And if it wasnt for Myria and InfamousNUGz then we wont have hacks codes dupes trick tips and cheats."

That's half false. If you put it this way... Cheats enhances a game replay value by the multiples. Sure cheaters get tired of using the codes and tricks availiable to them in time. Which is why legits arent worried too much about the situation anyway. But what if it's the other way around. Soon it's going to become an everyday thing. Every team will have 2-3 if not 4 people using the Multi Weapons trick. And in time a legit player will come along and say something like, "OshKoshBeOhMyGosh, someone is using the multi-wep trick and start saying shyt like 'i hate you you suck ass and i hate you and that code you hacker you suck and i hope you die and burn in hell because cheats suck and cheats ruined my game and.......'" That's where the Caring Factor of a hacker goes down from 85% to 0% and there the hacker PKs the player in Caves or something and leaves him there. What was wrong with the picture? The cheats didnt affect his life. The hacker/cheater would soon think that PSO has nothing to do with his school, work, or family. It doesn't affect mine. I tell my mom about PSO and she doesn't care. I would like to hear from someone who has a family who cares 10000000% about PSO. If so... tell me now. But getting back to the topic...

Should it be such a hassle? No.

There are many players who wish to play legit as well as cheat. Both sides of the table. I'm just saying now that if you join a open game... be sure to respect the majority of the player's agreements in the room. If someone feels like they are Leveling up (which you see room titled as LVLING UP etc.) please encourage them by supporting them, not by goin around doing my type of god damage (12769 Hit Points)... it don't make sense for people to barge in a game with 19- levels, when you're Lv200 like myself and kill everyone in the room with TSJ 20pb 21233hpdmg every 6 sec. (fact: it takes me 5 seconds to get 33 pb with TSJS equipped with a damage counter of 10467... recorded). It's not fair to the players who are trying to level and maybe playing legit.

This is something we should all think about. This is not a biased topic. I'm picking out pros and cons equally thru the group. Though it may seem different, it is all the same. PSO just needs to be a place where we can all get along together and equally without the, "Legit say cheaters suck ass because they use fuckin codes that can rip dark falz' ass hole in 123124 many pieces before I can pull out my Red Handgun and say OOKI-MOUTH!" or the, "Legits suck ass because I can use my Super Saiyan-like abilities and destroy their little games with my HEAVENS PUNISHER in 17 minutes and still have time for hot chocolate while taking names and chewin bubble gum..."

Thank you.

P.S.

...And I'm all out of gum"

heh.

SC2
Aug 9, 2003, 08:23 PM
To be honest i didnt read it....

bordering
Aug 9, 2003, 09:26 PM
here's the big problem with the "just get over it" argument. i'm legit. i ONLY play in locked games. i almost HAVE to play in locked games. why? because if a join an open game where everyone has maxed stats and uber equipment, i can barely get a jellen in before everything is dead.

that's not HOW pso was supposed to be played. i suppose i would really have no problem with cheaters if THEY played in locked games, if THEY didn't invade EVERY SINGLE OPEN GAME I HAVE EVER MADE WITH THE TITLE "legits only plz". but they don't. i don't really care what someone else does as long as it doesn't affect me. but mass cheating on pso does affect me, 'cause what the hell do i do when all of my freinds have gone to sleep? if i WANT to keep playing online 98% of the time, it's gonna be with someone who's cheating.

it really shouldn't be that way. but it is.

i'm guessing that their inability to control/prevent cheating is what prompted sega to say that there will be no further pso after pso e3.

it could have been a VERY successful franchise. but almost everyone in rl i know has since stopped playing this game. why? because of the rampant cheating. it's really no fun when you WANT to play legit and can't find legit players to play with (yea, i do have a lot of legit freinds now, but that took a lot of time and luck for that to happen, as most legits play on uncrowded blocks in locked games... good luck to the brand new legit player finding a group of legits to play with).

but, i suppose, in the end, whining about it won't do anything. online life is just a reflection/extention of real life anyway. in real life, most of the people are ignorant, rude, greedy, selfish, obnoxious, etc, etc. why should online life be any different?

Suppa_Buddha
Aug 9, 2003, 09:35 PM
On 2003-08-09 18:23, SC2 wrote:
To be honest i didnt read it....

I'm with ya...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sleepy.gif

RagMasterRappy
Aug 9, 2003, 09:47 PM
On 2003-08-07 07:52, SlayerJr wrote:

Look! A cheater!

SlashEdgewind
Aug 9, 2003, 10:54 PM
I have no problem with either cheaters or hackers *well as long as the hackers don't do anything that fuck up other people's games like FSOD or FSODX and such* and I have no probem with people who are 100% legit and like to say so *As long as they don't do it to often and don't go legit to extremes..* because hey it's an accomplishment to have gotten a fairly good character without doing duping or using dupes. Just the one thing I think is funny, is when cheaters start saying stuff like *and I believe I've seen a cheater say this.. so yea, I imagine they would have written it in 1337 if they could've so I'll do that* "joo //008! j00 5u(k, j00 (4//'t p14y //0r7|-| 5|-|it.." so on and so forth.. see here's the funny thing... they say I suck when they're the ones that are using hacked or duped weapons or the multi weapon thing.. and yes for all I know I prolly do suck and they might actually be good if they played legitly but we wouldn't know if they kill everything before I get the chance to and they use their cheats... so.. yea...

Slash

Solidus_Snake
Aug 10, 2003, 11:40 PM
i didnt read it either