PDA

View Full Version : HP/TP regeneration question

Mash
Aug 7, 2003, 12:10 PM
I know that 'droids restore HP when you stand still, and Newmans restore TP when you stand still, but here's my question:

Does the regeneration rate speed up as you get to higher levels?

I can imagine having a high level force and it would take forever at the current rate to regain all the TP.

Dragon_Knight
Aug 7, 2003, 12:14 PM
Yea it speeds up till about level 130 where it stop gaining. It can be pretty quick but unless your offline or playing alone your going to be on the move and needing fluids/mate to restore lost points.

satoshi1
Aug 7, 2003, 12:15 PM
Yes, the regeneration speed goes up as you gain levels, but it still does almost the same percentage of the bar as it would at a lower level in the same amount of time. The bar goes up faster, at higher levels, but the bar is also much much bigger than before.

shifter
Aug 7, 2003, 12:25 PM
it does, but i also find that having hp gen/revival will do wonders for u. i have 1 on my racast and hucaseal and they get alot of hp back in a short amount of time.

Bit
Aug 7, 2003, 12:59 PM
This is the only reason my FOnewearl has an easier time then my FOmar.

I like to get as close to 0 Tp before going back for Fluids, and with the FOnewearl, I can get to 0, and just wait for 10 tp for Ryuker. Can't do that with the FOmar, I actually got stuck in a level before, and had to run back to the beginning >_>.

shifter
Aug 7, 2003, 01:03 PM
why dont you carry a sprare tp? I find it very handy when im playing with my fomar, i can use all my tp and still get back. dont leave P2 without em.

Bit
Aug 7, 2003, 01:06 PM
Well.

I don't have one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Slicer238
Aug 7, 2003, 02:37 PM
So, in theory when my Fonewearl gets to around 100 and I equip her with a TP/Revival I found will it increase the speed even more?

incognito32
Aug 7, 2003, 03:11 PM
On 2003-08-07 12:37, Slicer238 wrote:
So, in theory when my Fonewearl gets to around 100 and I equip her with a TP/Revival I found will it increase the speed even more?

you do not need to wait for 100. yes, it will be a little faster.

even stacked TP/units (or HP/_ or PB/_) work, if you feel so inclined. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: incognito32 on 2003-08-07 13:12 ]</font>

shifter
Aug 7, 2003, 03:16 PM
u cant find a telepipe anywhere while playing Bit?

Bit
Aug 7, 2003, 03:19 PM
Heh, I tried, trust me.

It was funny, really, I have The Sigh of a God, so the only thing I could do was Gizonde everyone, or smack them for around 10 damage.

I would keep a Telepipe in my inventory, but that's wastes space, you know?

Slicer238
Aug 7, 2003, 03:28 PM
On 2003-08-07 13:11, incognito32 wrote:

you do not need to wait for 100. yes, it will be a little faster.

even stacked TP/units (or HP/_ or PB/_) work, if you feel so inclined. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: incognito32 on 2003-08-07 13:12 ]</font>

I would hug you but I since I don't know if your male or female, I'll just throw you an invisible cookie.

Da_Wrecka
Aug 7, 2003, 03:42 PM

TP/Revival and its ilk are UTTERLY worthless for Newman Forces. It DOES restore TP while you're moving, (which is its only good point) but it only does so at the rate of about 1 every 10 seconds or so, whether you're standing still or not. (For comparison my L146 FOnewearl regenerates TP naturally while standing still at the rate of about 2/sec) For a non-Newman it might not hurt, but you'd be better off using the slot for a God/Arm or something.

Slicer238
Aug 7, 2003, 03:49 PM
So no point in giving one to a FOnewearl then. alright.

ChokingVictim
Aug 7, 2003, 05:44 PM
i got a decently leveled fomar and yes it does suck to beg for a telepipe if you aren't paying attention and sink to <10 tp... damn aura field doesn't help much either...

but to the point, frankly i think the only value hp/revival and tp/revivals have are at the lower levels, or if you play offline. but i think by and large regeneration really becomes useless at higher levels. the time you spend wasting to sit and get tp/hp back is time lost killing stuff and leveling up. PB/create is prolly the only one of the revival type series that is somewhat useful...