PDA

View Full Version : EP3: Is Episode III Coming to Xbox? It Better!

Gavan
Aug 7, 2003, 03:05 PM
Is Episode III Coming to Xbox? It Better, Because of this Monthly fee i'm playing for update and there's hardly been any for xbox!

Cynosure_Zen
Aug 7, 2003, 03:33 PM
According to rabid GC fan-boys across the world, NO! But, according to my intuition, YES! If you take in to consideration Segas financial woes, then it's highly likely that this game will be ported to either Xbox, PS2 or both, cheers!

primer567
Aug 7, 2003, 04:59 PM
It MIGHT be, I dunno though because it does say Licensed by Nintendo.

Solidus_Snake
Aug 7, 2003, 05:36 PM
*gets his rifle*

Aunt_Betty
Aug 7, 2003, 07:41 PM
it is not coming out 4 XBOX because ppl are just going to hack cards ne way!

K9999
Aug 7, 2003, 09:03 PM
ITS NEVER COMING TO XBOX SO SUCK IT M$ HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAH

primer567
Aug 7, 2003, 10:11 PM
Yeah great way to show intelligence lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: primer567 on 2003-08-07 20:12 ]</font>

Reece
Aug 7, 2003, 10:21 PM
Nope this one will stay on GCN.

ChokingVictim
Aug 8, 2003, 02:29 AM
to show my prejudice against anything CCG based, i could care less if this thing made it to the box. it would make sense though to port the Card game to the xbox later on at least from a monetary standpoint. given that the only people playing online with a gamecube are well... PSO players, having this game come out exclusive to the GC really just preaches to the choir. sure not as many people may play on the box.. which i really see as more of a advertising screw-up more than anything else. given GC was first it was where everyone went first. i imagine they didn't do many adverts because having to mention 'oh hey, you have to buy a piece of hardware to even plug your cube online..and it doesn't look like nintendo is ever going to get serious with online gaming so it's not like this adapter will be easy to find..and you won't really be able to play many games with it' and 'yeah, you really should buy a keyboard if you wanna talk to people online.. and umm... no we don't sell them...and nintendo doesn't sell them... but we'll get them out some day!' aren't good ways to sell the game on to the mainstream market. this game was made a niche title here in the states before it even had a chance.
xbox does have a larger clientele of online gamers.. if sega had done ever so much as a minor advertising campaign on something like MTV2, tech-tv, fuse, etc.. i really thing the game would've sold much, much better. there are plenty of people who bought XBL subscriptions who weren't sports-minded and were getting sick of mechassualt and UC.. this way a market sega failed to tap into.. hell i don't even remember seeing any print advertising in the states for PSOX.. nothing in OXM, or XBN for that matter.

given that they've already ported one PSO game to the box after it's initial GC release... who the hell knows the nintendo contract here anyways... some contracts give exclusivity for a limited time.

i realize sega has it's jp market to worry about first, america/europe markets 2nd. but i fail to the benefits of making this game purely GC only... other than the xbox sales charts being abyssmal in japan. xbox fanboys, face it- no one is buying xboxes in japan short of the hardest of hardcore games... the sales of the japan version of steel battalion stacked next to the total xbox sales figures illustrate this point more than i ever could.

the america/europe market may be second in priorites, but it appears that xbox has edged out the GC from a sales perspective as the number 2 in this round of the console wars. face it cube fanboys- mario kart double dash looks great and all... but nintendo might be slashing prices yet again after sales being so sluggish. couple this with more boxes being hooked up to BB connections and you have a much larger potential of clients than gamecubes then the set of gamecubes with adapter units more are going to be PSO people anyway, considering how they are going to make the hunter's license work for both games i really don't see much new revenue in subscriptions for them.

online games in japan are expensive as all hell. which is one reason the xbox will never do well there considering how XBL is a major selling point and why FFXI has been selling so poorly in japan. having a landline in japan, is not only expensive but passe considering they get just about everything they need out of their cell phones it seems these days. why sega isn't marketing these games more to a stateside clientele on BOTH the gamecube and xbox is beyond me, considering how the US is the home of free local calling, the umlimited use ISP, and more and more being the land of broad band. this is why the xbox was built ground up to be an online gaming machine and why the PS2, DC, and GC were all built for online gaming... 'when we feel like getting around to it.' now the DC was much more agressive from the start in getting the online gaming thing going... and look how it fared for them in japan...
the breakout online title for sony was SOCOM, a poor man's ghost recon yes, but a western game. FFXI didn't do so hot in japan, and i think may or may not be a hot title in the states pendning hugely on how they decide to sell the hard drive.

so bottom line.. the idea of a card game makes me want to vomit.. and not in that sexy bulimia way either.. some one bring me yu-gi-oh's head on a pike...surely he is responsible

but sega not porting this future game over to the xbox later would boggle the mind... it's quite apparent from my experience parents have no problems letting 10 year old jimmy play online the xbox with any fowl-mouthed, lunatic, drug-addicted, degenerate.. and then i tell the brat's to leave my room, their voice hurts my ears and they should start smoking non filtered cigarettes to take care of it.. but anyway you throw in some pseudo yugioh bullsh!t into the advertising in print media aimed at kids and it would do damn well sales wise...

and right now sega making money does sound good to me... as long as they start working on another panzer dragoon game... but i digress

billy hatcher and the egg?!?!?!?! WTF!?!?!?!

primer567
Aug 8, 2003, 02:50 AM
I read it all, worth the time you took typing it. You brought up many good points. Personally I think this game would be great on XBL, even better would be GC/Xbox servers linked http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'm starting to think these online RPG's should require a HD due to security. A perfect example is GC PSO, so many glitches but nothing can be done. If GC had a HD the problem would be solved as it was on X. Who knows what the future holds...maybe a HD for GC seeing as PS2 has an add on.....can't wait to see http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AndyPandy
Aug 8, 2003, 04:50 AM
The future of gaming is online, at least Microsoft has seen this. As for the japanese not buying into the XBOX, hell yeah its a pity, but it might change. I personally think people undervalue European software houses, we have some of the best game producers in the world, producing some of the most technically advanced games.

Para
Aug 8, 2003, 08:06 PM
SEGA is not sufferring from finiancial woes at the moment. I just read the Toronto Star today and SEGA posted a good profit mark.

As for PSO Ep III being on XBOX... eh... nah...

Lionheart2411
Aug 9, 2003, 12:36 PM
I don't know why they don't. I mean. there are tons of people playing PSO on the XBOX and if you ask me, if I was the boss at Sega, I would say realese it. They get tons of money for it! C'mon! $8.95 a month? Thousands of people paying it? I'd love to put that much money in my pocket. Wow, if Sega doesn't release it for XBOX, they'll be making a stupid move.

Lionheart2411
Aug 9, 2003, 12:38 PM
And a card game would be fun. I play Magic: The Gathering and would love to play PSO cards on a video game.

satoshi1
Aug 9, 2003, 01:11 PM
On 2003-08-09 10:36, Lionheart2411 wrote:
I mean. there are tons of people playing PSO on the XBOX

Really?

Reece
Aug 9, 2003, 01:24 PM
On 2003-08-08 00:50, primer567 wrote:
I read it all, worth the time you took typing it. You brought up many good points. Personally I think this game would be great on XBL, even better would be GC/Xbox servers linked http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'm starting to think these online RPG's should require a HD due to security. A perfect example is GC PSO, so many glitches but nothing can be done. If GC had a HD the problem would be solved as it was on X. Who knows what the future holds...maybe a HD for GC seeing as PS2 has an add on.....can't wait to see http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

GCN and XB Servers linked... aw hell no that would be a huge Flame war...

Cynosure_Zen
Aug 9, 2003, 01:44 PM
Yes Satoshi, there is enough people playing PSOX to warrant an Xbox port. Now try to put you're fan-boy tendencies aside and try to look at the big picture here, which is about money not console preference.

PS: How about adding something to conversation, next time.

MAGusZ87
Aug 9, 2003, 01:55 PM
well if u like Magic: the Gathering, then i'll have to agree w/ u (hehe i love my Lhurgorf:*/*+1 add +1/+1 for every creature in all the graveyards hehehe)lol

Cryos
Aug 9, 2003, 01:56 PM
Is Episode 3 C.A.R.D Comming out on xbox No, however there is another pso comming out on the xbox, we are currently in the final stages of xbox live testing here in ireland, we have a list of games that we have to test and will have to test so far Colin Mc.Rae 3, PSO X and a few others so it dose look promising...

F.Y.I according to the official report the Gamecube version of Episode 3 has adopted a final fantasy wait and attack system because during official tests frame rates plumited, best shown on Mines 1 with four people on seperate screens that the frame rate takes a nose dive, so far no game has managed to lag the xbox *Keeps fingures crossed*

Officialy the answer to the question is NO but as everyone suspects its a big fat yes

primer567
Aug 9, 2003, 02:08 PM
GCN and XB Servers linked... aw hell no that would be a huge Flame war...
Why? We'd all be playing together like DC.....

Is Episode 3 C.A.R.D Comming out on xbox No, however there is another pso comming out on the xbox
That Ireland not USA.

satoshi1
Aug 9, 2003, 02:20 PM
On 2003-08-09 11:44, Cynosure_Zen wrote:
Yes Satoshi, there is enough people playing PSOX to warrant an Xbox port. Now try to put you're fan-boy tendencies aside and try to look at the big picture here, which is about money not console preference.

PS: How about adding something to conversation, next time.

Fanboy tendencies eh.. wow, never heard that one. I'm just saying that I DIDN'T KNOW that there were a lot of people playing on the Xbox version. It had nothign to do with bashing the xbox, i think you're the fanboy here, but that's off topic.

Contribute something to the conversation? OK. No, I do NOT think it'll go to the Xbox. But if it does, it'll come out a few months after the GC one, just like Ep1&2.

andrewfee
Aug 9, 2003, 02:24 PM
On 2003-08-09 10:38, Lionheart2411 wrote:
And a card game would be fun. I play Magic: The Gathering and would love to play PSO cards on a video game.

Well, the new online magic the gathering game for the xbox sounds like it'd be perfect for you then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://xbox.ign.com/objects/015/015516.html?ui=gamefinder

ChokingVictim
Aug 9, 2003, 03:49 PM
compared to the cube, there really aren't as many people playing on the xbox... a lot of folks quit after 2 months, you'll never see any other ships relatively half full like apatite. and starting an open game in apatite is like a game of russian roulette. i don't recall the amount of times i've quit my own games because the people don't know how to play in groups well for sh*t... i've actually had games where i set up a pipe for people coming in.. tell them where i am.. and they go to another zone!!!

sega dropped the ball when it came to promotion on this game. xbox numbers could have surpassed gamecube numbers immensely due to the relative strength of xbox live compared to nintendo's almost non-existant plan for online gaming.

on the plus side, though.. should you ever want to play at 4 in the morning EST, the servers are bare, but at least everyone's an adult (relatively) usually.

primer567
Aug 9, 2003, 04:06 PM
Keep in mind its BB only.

ChokingVictim
Aug 9, 2003, 04:36 PM
BB only, but XBL is a major selling point for the system. short of Halo and a few other notable titles (KOTOR), it's the only thing seperating itself from the pack.. and judging by current sales figures, it's done the job in earning them the number 2 spot.

BB is also gaining serious momentum in the states and is becoming much more mainstream... tons on people in my family who aren't tech fiends like myself have purchased DSL, and unfortunately my step-brother went out and got AOL high speed.. and he owns a box. the only people buying cubes with online in mind whatsoever are already PSO people. from what i can tell, europe is also becoming much more BB friendly as well. i think on the average xbox owners are a lot more online gaming oriented (console-wise.. there are plenty of people i'm sure who have cubes for the first party games and leave their online gaming to the computer) than the cube set. consider that these are psONLINE games, sega should realize the xbox market could hold more potential, at least in the foreign markets for them. b/c xbox online anything in japan is going to tank, flat out.

Lionheart2411
Aug 9, 2003, 07:21 PM
there's a Magic: The Gathering game coming out for XBOX Live? COOOL! I didn't know that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lionheart2411 on 2003-08-09 17:26 ]</font>

Rated_Lexxx
Aug 9, 2003, 07:32 PM
Let me start by saying the people who own gamecube most have the mentailty of a 12 year old. This has nothing to do with gamecube being bad. I notice people hold it likes a great vicotry if pso 3 is only on gamecube. Well its not. Infact its a defeat for us all. If people dont play the game the game loses money. ANd we all know what happens when a game loses money. I want to be on all systems so we all can enjoy a great game

ShadowJedi
Aug 9, 2003, 07:44 PM
On 2003-08-09 11:56, Cryos wrote:
...F.Y.I according to the official report the Gamecube version of Episode 3 has adopted a final fantasy wait and attack system because during official tests frame rates plumited, best shown on Mines 1 with four people on seperate screens that the frame rate takes a nose dive, so far no game has managed to lag the xbox *Keeps fingures crossed*

Well, well.
No game has lagged the box?
Might be because they use a lower framerate on the box, compared to the cube.
Metroid Prime and most other GCN games have a choice of 50 or 60Hz frame rate.
On PS2 the frame rate is 50hz in europe(PAL) and 60 everywhere else (NTSC).
But the X-box?
Halo has 25Hz (PAL) and 30Hz (NTSC), it updates with the same screen twice, instead of once. That's why the box doesn't lag. If they had full framerate? It'd lag just as much as everything else.
I'm not sure 'bout PSO though... If it has full frame rate, then it might get lowered in-game to stop lag. (Frameskip, skip 1 out of two frames, and show 1 twice.)
[Used frame][last frame shown again][new frame][last frame used again] and so on.

Rated_Lexxx
Aug 9, 2003, 07:46 PM
Wat would have frame rate or lag...I'd rather have no lag overframe rate....

ShadowJedi
Aug 9, 2003, 07:55 PM
I'd rather have frame rate without lag.
But for some reason the techs in PSO take a hell-load of resources for the machine...
Prolly bad programming.
My GCN is more powerfull than my PC.
My PC has to run windows, yet I can play more advanced games on my computer without lag, compared to PSO. (That is multiplayer + forces).
My computer also runs other programs at the same time, so I think ST messed up by letting techs take lots of resources for the DC (it had a LOT of graphics memory), and they didn't fix it when converting to GC/XBX, so multi may lag.

Sedyne
Aug 9, 2003, 10:13 PM
Good, why the hell would anyone want this shit on the Xbox anyway?

iot's another childish stupid ass card battle type game for those losers anyway, leave it on the gamecube and please don't come near the xbox.

LollipopLolita
Aug 10, 2003, 12:29 AM
quit the fanboyism now. i don't mind locking the thread and giving out warnings.

Atax
Aug 10, 2003, 01:10 AM
http://www.nintendo.com/e32k3/games/sega_psocardbattle_78j/phantasystar_screens_01.jpg

Something tells me that's GCN exclusive (people say that is how it was planned for E1&2, but notice how it wasn't stated by niether Nintendo nor Sega; IE no 'Only for' logos, and such).

Wasn't one of the early concepts of PSO Card Battle/Episode 3 to make use of the e-card reader with the physical version of the card game?

polishedweasel
Aug 10, 2003, 03:34 AM
On 2003-08-09 23:10, Atax wrote:
http://www.nintendo.com/e32k3/games/sega_psocardbattle_78j/phantasystar_screens_01.jpg

Something tells me that's GCN exclusive (people say that is how it was planned for E1&2, but notice how it wasn't stated by niether Nintendo nor Sega; IE no 'Only for' logos, and such).

Wasn't one of the early concepts of PSO Card Battle/Episode 3 to make use of the e-card reader with the physical version of the card game?

I don't see where it says it's only for Nintendo... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AndyPandy
Aug 10, 2003, 04:48 AM
On 2003-08-09 20:13, Sedyne wrote:
Good, why the hell would anyone want this shit on the Xbox anyway?

iot's another childish stupid ass card battle type game for those losers anyway, leave it on the gamecube and please don't come near the xbox.

I hope you were joking when you wrote that...if you were..its pretty funny, if it wasnt a joke, you need help.

Zolpner
Aug 10, 2003, 05:01 AM
I think it will depend on the Japan PSOX sales personally...

AndyPandy
Aug 10, 2003, 06:11 AM
I think it will probably be if PSO3 sells well on Gamecube, maybe they will bring it out on XBOX.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2003-08-10 04:13 ]</font>

Storme
Aug 10, 2003, 06:42 AM
All this topic has been is one side presenting an arguement and throwing a few flames in, and the other side casually (or not so casually...) fighting back.
I did enjoy ChokingVictim's views, as he seems to present most factors in the situation, giving the pros and cons of both parties without flaming.
I play on my Gamecube, and the real reason I do is because I've played with Nintendo games for the past twelve years of my life, which is really 4/5 of my entire life. I have nothing really against XBox, I just don't play it.
I hope it does get ported. While I myself play on a Cube, my two best friends bought Boxxes. So I hope they can play this next game, too.
As for server connectivity... If sega does a better job with security, or fighting hacking on the box, then I'm all for it. Although, it makes me wonder how voice chat would work. Perhaps disabled on the cross servers? Because as we know it the Cube version of Ep.3 has none.

ShadowJedi
Aug 10, 2003, 07:16 AM
On 2003-08-10 01:34, polishedweasel wrote:

I don't see where it says it's only for Nintendo... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Up in the left corner of the picture!
It says "Only for [Gamecube mark]"

I've played games on Nintendo and Sega consoles since the age of... what... 3-4 years old.
I have had every Nintendo console with the exception of the original Game Boy (sold GBpocket).
I've also the Mega Drive/Genesis and a Dreamcast.
I also have a PlayStation2, and I'm planning on buying a X-Box, if I ever get money.
The thing about having all consoles is that I can play any console game, but my computer lacks power.
That doesn't matter for me anyway, since I have the 2 best computer games (in my opinion) running on my computer: StarCraft and WarCraft III.
Every console has a backside an an upside.
And earlier I said that Halo was running on a lower framerate, but that's okay since the game is good anyway....

...What the **** am I talking about???

RuneScapeMan
Aug 10, 2003, 07:48 AM
If you take a good look at the trailers...
You will see a GameCube logo at the end of it and no sign of a Xbox logo.

Tekershee
Aug 10, 2003, 08:03 AM
On 2003-08-10 05:16, ShadowJedi wrote:

On 2003-08-10 01:34, polishedweasel wrote:

Up in the left corner of the picture!
It says "Only for [Gamecube mark]"

Yes he was joking.

AndyPandy
Aug 10, 2003, 11:21 AM
Thats just a marketing ploy. Its says stuff like "ONLY FOR XBOX" on xbox games, but if you read into it, depending on how much they pay they usually have a 2-3 month exclusivity contract with the manufacturer. After that time is up, new versions of the game boxes are printed minus the exclusivity statement. Of course some titles will always be exclusive to one console, usually the "in-house" titles.

Blenjar
Aug 10, 2003, 12:41 PM
On 2003-08-09 11:11, satoshi1 wrote:

On 2003-08-09 10:36, Lionheart2411 wrote:
I mean. there are tons of people playing PSO on the XBOX

Really?

Damn straight

BTW I play PSO FOR FREE!!!!!!
I don't pay to play online!! They got my HL messup and BANG, it says it cancel but I still play online, mwahaha.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2003-08-10 10:47 ]</font>