PDA

View Full Version : New theory on the mystery lag!

VULCAN
Mar 23, 2001, 09:23 AM
Okay, as many of you already know, PSO is one of the most popular online games to date. And as many of you may know, there is over 200,000 PSO users online everyday. Now, I am sure SEGA didn't expect this many people to crowd the servers, and they have been upgrading the servers constantly to keep up with all of the people. Well, I was on tonight (around 4AM, actually this morning), and I noticed that there wasn't any lag AT ALL! I could join any game just as I could've a week ago, with NO LAG! I also notice the PSO World site loaded much quicker than usual (this might also be why PSO World takes forever to load, TOO MANY PEOPLE!). So once I got on, I went straight to Puck 9, and there was pretty much nobody on (except DangerGirl, and some other people). So I decided to join a game (there was like one non-passed games, and it was on normal), and to my surprise, NO LAG! It was just as if it was a month ago, before all of the hackers, and lag came about. I didn't get disconnected once, wasn't getting BSOD, NOTHING! So my theory is that all this lag MAY not be created by hackers, but by the overload of people using the servers. Now, I am not a computer person, so I really wouldn't know how to fix this, but I know SEGA can, and THEY SHOULD as soon as possible! Now, I am not sure if this is the problem, but I think it might be, so... whatever!

...Goodnight!

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: VULCAN on 2001-03-23 06:25 ]</font>

Gilder
Mar 23, 2001, 01:18 PM
Too bad you're just a tad late getting to that conclusion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

VULCAN
Mar 23, 2001, 02:00 PM
Grr...

Rio
Mar 23, 2001, 02:21 PM
<blockquote>
It does really make perfect sense when you think about it.. There are quite simply too many players on the network at any given time for the system to support efficiently.

Frankly, if PSOv2 comes out we're going to have another wave of users rushing in, and unless Sega makes a concentrated effort to add ships (aka servers) to the mix, we're going to be swimming in lag.
</blockquote>

VULCAN
Mar 23, 2001, 02:31 PM
::puts on flippers::

YAY!!!!

::jumps into pool of lag::

Whoosh!!! Whoosh!!! :]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: VULCAN on 2001-03-23 11:36 ]</font>