PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best force weapon..im open to any ideas

dragonfan14
Aug 7, 2003, 11:05 PM
What is the best force weapon???

Bit
Aug 7, 2003, 11:07 PM
Well, there really isn't anything that is the best.. But here is a link for suggested equipment you might want to look up:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=716

ginko990
Aug 7, 2003, 11:31 PM
SUMMIT MOON
PSYCHO WAND
All standard 9star canes
All standard 9star wands
RED MERGE

RedRage
Aug 7, 2003, 11:59 PM
I don't know about melee, but I'm a straight tech user and I always use the PROPHETS OF MOTAV for the tech bonus.

OniTatsujin
Aug 8, 2003, 12:00 AM
Dark Bridge is awsome

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 03:04 AM
On 2003-08-07 22:00, OniTatsujin wrote:
Dark Bridge is awsome

I don't know why anyone would use a Dark Bridge over a Psycho Wand. They both cut TP usage in half, but the Psycho Wand doesn't randomly freeze you so you can get surrounded by Vulmers and whacked to death.

Edit: Mental note to self: Stop killing yourself with your Psycho Wand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obscenity on 2003-08-08 01:05 ]</font>

Trickstr
Aug 8, 2003, 03:38 AM
yes, anything but a stick

Zuna
Aug 8, 2003, 05:13 AM
it really depends what lvl are you in the game and what kind of attack /tech you will like to focus on, for J/Z you should use Prophet of Motav to be a good support force, or psycho wand to boost tech in general

also I would prefer psychowand rather than dark bridge, as there is no side effect and psycho wand looks more beautiful.

for FOnewearl at boss, it is not a bad idea to use twinkle star to boost simple attack tech

for shield, 3 colour merges (but esp red merge is nice)

Ketchup345
Aug 8, 2003, 07:59 AM
The TP stealing cards aren't bad either, weak, but you have a way to restore TP safely from a distance. These cards are the Talis, Mahu, Hitogata, and Dancing Hitogata.

Jack
Aug 8, 2003, 08:02 AM
On 2003-08-08 01:04, Obscenity wrote:
I don't know why anyone would use a Dark Bridge over a Psycho Wand. They both cut TP usage in half, but the Psycho Wand doesn't randomly freeze you so you can get surrounded by Vulmers and whacked to death.

Penetrating Megid and Grants powered up?

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 08:08 AM
On 2003-08-08 06:02, Jack wrote:

Penetrating Megid and Grants powered up?

True, but not worth it to me.

Fanatic
Aug 8, 2003, 09:26 AM
I agree.. penetrating megid is already part of the FOnewearl, the only class capable of making megid work anyway...

And if I wanted to Grants mobs, I'd use a FOmarl... trouble is that very few monsters on serious difficulties are vulnerable to grants, and it's casting speed is awful (nevermind the lag before it actually hurts the mob).

No, give me a nice PW any day of the week. If no pw, the 9 star wand series can work.

And I wouldn't want to part with my FOnewearl's Summit Moon either...

Soukosa
Aug 8, 2003, 11:29 AM

The Dark Bridge only takes half the original cost of the tech from your HP, unlike the Psycho Wand which takes the full amount.

K9999
Aug 8, 2003, 12:12 PM
HP really doesn't matter unless you don't pay attention or have shit for HP

klepto
Aug 8, 2003, 06:07 PM
Once you get past 500+ HP, the pwand is clearly the winner. But for lower than 500 HP, it's extremely easy to kill yourself with it. I do it all the time. Dbridge also looks cool, a big plus, and whenever I intend to use grants, I whip it out. The penetrating megid is nice for seabed too.

MasterJoel
Aug 8, 2003, 06:14 PM
the clear winner here is a geist handgun series weapon with good hit%. psh, you can have you half cost and hp usage, but i'll take unlimited tp and no hp usage... you could make the cards (specifically hitogata) work, but you have to be lucky enough to find one with hit% still, and they are a bit slower...

also, the merge, 9* wand/summit moon combo also works well when you are trying to do lots of damage, aka bosses... just know that a merge gives practically no def, so you should understand that the boss will do more damage to you because of this.

sange
Aug 9, 2003, 12:57 AM
i say psycho wand is better than a dark bridge cause it also boosts hard Tecs power by 30% while the dark bridge only bosts grants and megid 20% also evil curst sounds fun cast megid with its xtra attack