PDA

View Full Version : My solution to duping

Omege12
Mar 23, 2001, 11:31 AM
Well I know that I have duped items. Some of the people I have trade with were not even level 40 and thay said they have found weapons like Lavis Cannon and D-Parts v.2.01 ( 4 slot ). I'm sorry, but I can't belive that. I am going to be getting rid of every possible duped item I have. Of course I will loose some cool stuff, but at least I can feel clean. I suggest all of you do the same. And for the next month or so, when I go on PSO I will be creating a game called "Item Hunt12". You can join me there and we'll have some fun looking for some rare items. Thanks for reading, see you all there! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

P.S. of course, Puck block 9

tallguy
Mar 23, 2001, 12:50 PM
This is definately the way to go. I have already done the same thing; For example i dropped my lavis cannon, chain swad, custom barrier, even a level 200 pian mag. Since then the game has actually been a hell of a lot funner. You feel a sense of accomplishment when you find a rare item. Instead of trading dupes for dupes. Yea baby!!!

Omege12
Mar 23, 2001, 01:03 PM
Yeah I feel alot better about myself now. But I didn't walk away empty handed...I didn't drop I sold 'em to the shop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

AxemPunanny
Mar 23, 2001, 03:17 PM
Is there any way you can actually find out if an item you have is duped? besides being kicked off. I read from one of the posts here that the inventory bank lady would not accept duped items. So far I haven't had that problem, but I dunno if it's 100% accurate.

Omege12
Mar 23, 2001, 05:56 PM
Here's my method:
Get rid of anything you didn't find. I'm serious, if you didn't find it, sadly, it's most definately duped. It might be your favorite weapon, but just do it. You will feel better afterwards.

P.S.We started the quest for items. The best rares we have found so far are: 2 double sabers, 1 brave knuckle, 1 dragon slayer.
Join me at ItemHunt12 at Puck block 9. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Manifest
Mar 23, 2001, 08:10 PM
already did this. The only thing I have now that I didnt find is a god/legs. and Im not even using it, I was planning on giving it away to a newbie.

Lugnut
Mar 23, 2001, 09:42 PM
Omega has a great proposal. In fact, I decided to join him (Along with Magnum and Maulfaur) on this elusive "ItemHunt." We blazed the trails of the Forest and fought through the remains of the Central Dome. We gracefully slew the Dragon that resided within. We descended deep into the Caves and dewormed De Rol Le. Eventually, we found our way into the nightmare of the Ruins. Soon enough we came face to face with the intimidating Dark Falz himself. Several moon atomizers and reversers later (heh!) we were victorious, dispelling the third form into oblivion and releasing the tormented soul of poor Red Ring Rico. All the while we picked up several DB's, VARISTAs, Clubs of Laconium. Of course these don't mean much... but it was worth the feeling... seeing that ?SPECIAL WEAPON insignia on the ground and anxiously checking it's stats and anticipating it's true identification. Anyhow, I had alot of fun item hunting with Omega12 and plan on doing it again soon. If you take pride in playing legit and have a passion for finding your own stuff, then this is just the type of game you should be looking to join. I hope to see you guys again soon!

Omege12
Mar 23, 2001, 09:48 PM
Aye great fun it was, I am going to be doing this for like, everyday now lol. I recently found A photon claw and a mix of the same old stuff. But, have you guys seen the new warning thing? It came up in our game remember lugnut? It said someone had like a fake item. It came up more as new people came. I think this is a great thing, even if they have to slow the servers down for it to work.