PDA

View Full Version : About time it ends. I might have figured it out. Read carefu

RuneScapeMan
Aug 8, 2003, 05:40 AM
I know how to be 100%(or at least 99% safe).
We all know the Snapshot trick don't we? Well I have improved it.

For those who don't now the snapshot trick:

you need 1 memory card in slot A and one in slot B.
And one controller in Port 1 and one in Port 4.
Create a snapshot file. When you join a game, as soon as the second save happens, click A, and when you reach 95%, click B to cancel and the double save ended.

THIS IS NOT SAFE. We all also know that no trick isn't 100% safe.

But I've been doing this trick for a long time(still haven't corrupted with it). And now I made small mistake, that mistake improved it!

Read carefully how to do this:

When you join or create a game. As soon as you see the first saving happening, start clicking A rapidly. When the first save is finished, and the second save starts. You gotta make sure that you're pressing A enough rapidly. This will make you acctualy TAKE a snapshot. Which you didn't before.

This will lead to, that it will instead save in Slot B(saving the snapshot). If you FSOD during this Slot B save, the Snapshot file will of course corrupt. But the Slot A(character file etc) will be safe.

Then quit the game(don't bother playing in that game, since it's lagging), and go delete the slot B snapshot file. Then go create a new one and be happy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneScapeMan on 2003-08-08 05:37 ]</font>

Tekershee
Aug 8, 2003, 05:47 AM
Hmm I haven't even tried the normal method yet but I gotta try it soon....

Dgo
Aug 8, 2003, 06:41 AM
WOW http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif never heard of it,but i will try it anyway so you say it 95% safe huh?hmmm thats more then enough for me.I will test this out for my self on a blank card,but would you be willing to tell me how many time you have done this and how many times has it worked?

rena-ko
Aug 8, 2003, 07:06 AM
doing nothing at all is also 95% save...

RuneScapeMan
Aug 8, 2003, 07:35 AM
On 2003-08-08 04:41, Dgo wrote:
so you say it 95% safe huh?

When did I say that it's 95% safe?
It's 100% safe since you save on slot B.
You don't have any PSO files on slot B other than Snapshot files eh?

Auracom
Aug 8, 2003, 07:58 AM
I've tried this afew times... maybe I'm doing it wrong but I fsod'd afew times already. Here's something I found out too. If you and a friend enter/take a teleporter at the same time there's a high chance that you'll fsod.(this is just speaking from personal experience) It's happened to me twice =/. I guess you can test this method by "inducing" the fsod.

Dgo
Aug 8, 2003, 08:19 AM
On 2003-08-08 05:35, RuneScapeMan wrote:

On 2003-08-08 04:41, Dgo wrote:
so you say it 95% safe huh?

When did I say that it's 95% safe?
It's 100% safe since you save on slot B.
You don't have any PSO files on slot B other than Snapshot files eh?

oops i'm a bit sleepy even better i can't wait to try it but first i must sleepy but when i wake i'll test it.

hucasts_rock
Aug 8, 2003, 08:22 AM
I tried it once and messed it up http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I just mostly play on empty blocks w/ friends and/or create my own game =/

RuneScapeMan
Aug 8, 2003, 08:23 AM
I found out how to do this yesterday and I couldn't sleep.
So as soon as I woke up I got online (9 users n polaris lol!).
Joined a game, and it worked. Then I said "It's really working". The guy in the game went like "huh???".
Then i quit, today I only did SoaB for three hours, insted of five.
I just wanted to get here and inform and play online testing it out...

Just woneding heh http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Exacly how did you mess(spell?) it up hucasts_rock?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneScapeMan on 2003-08-08 06:25 ]</font>