PDA

View Full Version : Xbox live PSO : Any good ?

TheSlayer
Aug 8, 2003, 08:42 AM
I have a GC and an XBOX I love playing PSO on the GC.I'm having Broadband fitted tomorrow and am getting XBOX Live. I live in Europe and have heard that you can only play within the European network. Are there many people on the network ? Is the voice communication enough to buy the game again and move over to the XBOX version. As I say, I love playing the game, just don't know which version to play.I'm playing using the modem at present but don't know whether to buy a bb adapter for GC or PSO for Xbox.What do you recommend ?

Switch
Aug 8, 2003, 09:56 AM
If all your friends are on Gamecube PSO, go with that. It's gonna cost roughly the same, with bba and HL fees for two months as it will for the Xbox Version.
If I were you, I would stick with the gamecube version. It has more content than the Xbox.

clance
Aug 8, 2003, 10:35 AM
Well your going to have to spend another 40 pounds/50+euro to buy xbox live starter kit aswell as the game AND hunters license so If i were you i'd stick to GC.

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 10:40 AM
Since you're getting broadband and you're going to spend the money on XBL anyway, I'd say get the Xbox version. Although I don't know what the EU servers are like (how many people etc).

LostInFound
Aug 8, 2003, 11:02 AM
No reason to buy PSO again for XBOX since you got the GameCube version but still get XBOX LIVE anyway and pick up Midtown Madness 3 or Outlaw Volleyball. Those are two really fun games that fill in my free time when I need a break from PSO.

Pixel441
Aug 8, 2003, 11:12 AM
Plus I would like to add, you have all your friends there, and remember you'll need to start from the beggining..again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

AndyPandy
Aug 8, 2003, 11:22 AM
Depends how much you like playing PSO. I prefer to play on both versions at the moment, but I think XBOX PSO offers a better overall package for online gaming. I beleive Microsoft are updating the XBOX LIVE Dashboard at the end of this month to intergrate lobby chatting with your mates even if your not in the same game plus loads of other cool stuff. I guess it depends on how many characters you have on Gamecube PSO and how many good mates you have on there. I dont think its a biggy loosing your mates though, as your bound to meet other cool people on XBOX PSO, plus you will also be able to hook up with them to play other XBOX LIVE games.

Solidus_Snake
Aug 8, 2003, 11:22 AM
GC-More content
Xbox-Better form of communication,patches

Soon the xbox will get new content but when that is nobody knows. Make your decision based on your preferences and do some studies before making your decision it helps

smallfry
Aug 8, 2003, 11:38 AM
ya dude, dont buy another PSO, the game is gonna get really dry for you, so there's no point.