PDA

View Full Version : Just what can hackers do to others on the xbox nowadays?

Fanatic
Aug 8, 2003, 11:11 AM
Just as written in the topic line. How much damage can I expect to incur if I come across a malicious 1337 hAx0r on PSOX online? Have they gotten quite to the NOLing stage yet?, or are my characters reasonably safe if I go online?

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 12:07 PM
As far as I've seen, there isn't any malicious hacking on the Xbox at all. As far as I can tell, all the "hacking" everyone seems to think is running rampant on the Xbox only refers to weapons with like 100% in everything and stuff like that. Oooh, big bad hackers.

Fanatic
Aug 8, 2003, 12:24 PM
So on xbox they only hack themselves? No FSODding or otherwise nasty tricks? Sounds good to me if it is so =)

ChokingVictim
Aug 8, 2003, 05:09 PM
i have heard second hand info of someone being able to steal from another players bank while in their room...

so if anyone comes into your game and can tell you what you have in your bank trying to scare you.. unplug your ethernet cable or quit ASAP

Rljohn
Aug 8, 2003, 05:54 PM
X-Box and PC have reached the NOL stage http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Stick with GCN

primer567
Aug 8, 2003, 09:41 PM
Xbox PSO is a GC port, NOL isnt on either....

Ruined
Aug 9, 2003, 07:43 AM
I've been playing XBOX PSO since it came out, have a level 116 char, lvl 82 char, lvl 50 char, and lvl 35 char.

The only hack on XBOX I have ever experienced is people using duped items, or items that are not supposed to be in the game yet. There is absolutely nothing like the equip-29-weapons trick on the GC version.

In other words, PSOX has much less cheating currently, and doesn't have any of the ruin-the-game type cheating the Gamecube version has. Anyone who says otherwise probably hasn't actually played PSOX.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruined on 2003-08-09 05:45 ]</font>

Solidus_Snake
Aug 9, 2003, 12:11 PM
Thats also what i was going to say. If you consider 100% weapons and dupes and unreleased weapons malicious hacking i feel very sorry for you. BTW there is no NOLing and it is extremely rare that anyone gets FSOD-Xed on xbox unless your stupid and use a memory card

Oh and i have never heard any case of being bank robbed so dont worry about that either

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solidus_Snake on 2003-08-09 10:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solidus_Snake on 2003-08-09 10:13 ]</font>

Soukosa
Aug 9, 2003, 01:39 PM
On 2003-08-08 10:07, Obscenity wrote:
As far as I've seen, there isn't any malicious hacking on the Xbox at all. As far as I can tell, all the "hacking" everyone seems to think is running rampant on the Xbox only refers to weapons with like 100% in everything and stuff like that. Oooh, big bad hackers.

The game doesn't support percents in more than 3 areas.

Obscenity
Aug 9, 2003, 01:54 PM
On 2003-08-09 11:39, Kalonera wrote:

On 2003-08-08 10:07, Obscenity wrote:

The game doesn't support percents in more than 3 areas.

Yes, I know this. It was a generalizing type of statement.

Jack
Aug 9, 2003, 02:30 PM
On 2003-08-08 19:41, primer567 wrote:
Xbox PSO is a GC port, NOL isnt on either....

It's actually coded very similar to the PC version, so much so that anyone with knowledge of hacking the PC version can easily adapt to the Xbox version. Broomop has finished the process for NOLing on PSO PC too.

primer567
Aug 9, 2003, 03:02 PM
It's actually coded very similar to the PC version, so much so that anyone with knowledge of hacking the PC version can easily adapt to the Xbox version.
All PSO games follow the same protocol, if you had GC files they could be hacked just as easy. But thats beside the point, NOLing is impossible on EpI&II. ST learned from their DC mistakes and fixed it. Plus, NOLing on the PC cant be done to other players just blank players like you seen in the pics of Broomop with 3 NOLs that follow him around.

killamike
Aug 25, 2003, 01:15 PM
On 2003-08-08 15:54, Rljohn wrote:
X-Box and PC have reached the NOL stage http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Stick with GCN

xbox has no online duping anymore thanks to a hard drive gc dosent have. you cant harm other ppl chars.
the most hacked thing ive seen is a ts-jsword with 100%s in dark, hit, and machine.so play it before you judge it.oh and ive never seen a person equip 29 wepons.from the man who owns all three systems f*** you fanboy

BOmar
Aug 25, 2003, 03:02 PM
On 2003-08-09 05:43, Ruined wrote:
I've been playing XBOX PSO since it came out, have a level 116 char, lvl 82 char, lvl 50 char, and lvl 35 char.

The only hack on XBOX I have ever experienced is people using duped items, or items that are not supposed to be in the game yet. There is absolutely nothing like the equip-29-weapons trick on the GC version.

In other words, PSOX has much less cheating currently, and doesn't have any of the ruin-the-game type cheating the Gamecube version has. Anyone who says otherwise probably hasn't actually played PSOX.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruined on 2003-08-09 05:45 ]</font>

And you clearly haven't ever played the GC version.

No-one is doing the multi-equip trick anymore.

There isn't any malicious hacking on either console yet thankfully.

Elios
Sep 3, 2003, 12:37 PM
yeah basically their only hacking their own characters not harming other people. but THERE was a way to steal another persons items through a trade window, but u had to use the online duping trick for the xbox. since the patch came out thank god, that doesnt happen anymore.

vanhalendlrband
Sep 3, 2003, 03:54 PM
If people start noling on this game XBOX live will be harassed by me until they fix it.

Reenee
Sep 3, 2003, 06:50 PM
DON'T BUMP OLD TOPICS.