PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe that on the OFFICIAL sega boards..

Rownan
Aug 8, 2003, 12:56 PM
People are sharing cheat information for PSO like it is nothing?? And Sega does NOTHING. :slaps himself:

Reizo
Aug 8, 2003, 01:12 PM
Well thats lame... what is Sega doing?! They have the power to shut down and even delete those posts and they do nothing? Hmm... maybe if we just let cheating get out of hand and become even more wide spread than it is it will just magically stop http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif I can't believe they're allowing cheats to be posted on their official message board. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reizo on 2003-08-08 11:17 ]</font>

satoshi1
Aug 8, 2003, 01:19 PM
On 2003-08-08 10:56, Rownan wrote:
People are sharing cheat information for PSO like it is nothing?? And Sega does NOTHING. :slaps himself:

Yet they deleted a topic where people were trying different methods to get the GC Browser out to the web (with no luck, might I add).

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 01:20 PM
Hmmm. I didn't see it. Was it in the PSO boards or just the sega games boards?

NM i found it. That is completely LAME!! It does sort of expand on the idea of them being strangely apathetic towards all the cheating though. Or it could just be that since it was posted today, noone has gotten around to deleting it (or even seeing it).

BTW Rownan, by bringing this up, your are in essence telling people where to get cheats and that is against forum rules. you should be banned. JK!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-08 11:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-08 11:29 ]</font>

Reizo
Aug 8, 2003, 01:36 PM
On 2003-08-08 11:20, VioletSkye wrote:

NM i found it. That is completely LAME!! It does sort of expand on the idea of them being strangely apathetic towards all the cheating though. Or it could just be that since it was posted today, noone has gotten around to deleting it (or even seeing it).

BTW Rownan, by bringing this up, your are in essence telling people where to get cheats and that is against forum rules. you should be banned. JK!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-08 11:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-08 11:29 ]</font>

Yeah, but wouldn't Sega of all people, have Mods browsing the Message Boards? To possibly prevent things like this happening? I think its just pure utterly laziness http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 01:38 PM
On 2003-08-08 11:36, Reizo wrote:

Yeah, but wouldn't Sega of all people, have Mods browsing the Message Boards? To possibly prevent things like this happening? I think its just pure utterly laziness http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Yes I'm sure they have mods, but I was saying it may have been new enough that they have not seen it yet. If it is still there later today, then they are either extremely lazy or they simply don't care.

Reizo
Aug 8, 2003, 01:45 PM
On 2003-08-08 11:38, VioletSkye wrote:

On 2003-08-08 11:36, Reizo wrote:

Yes I'm sure they have mods, but I was saying it may have been new enough that they have not seen it yet. If it is still there later today, then they are either extremely lazy or they simply don't care.

Wow, this little quote thing is getting really long lol, ok I see where you're going, I guess it still is pretty new then, I haven't seen it so I wouldn't know how new it is, but if it is still there then we will know who has the superior mods http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif us!

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 01:52 PM
Wow, this little quote thing is getting really long lol, ok I see where you're going, I guess it still is pretty new then, I haven't seen it so I wouldn't know how new it is, but if it is still there then we will know who has the superior mods http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif us!

Although I've had a few minor disagreements with the mods, I'd have to agree with you. They really do care about these forums and do a great job of modding http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif BTW, its still posted which isn't a good sign.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-08 11:54 ]</font>

Rownan
Aug 8, 2003, 01:56 PM
I'm gonna keep an eye on this and see how long it takes them to take this stuff down, if they ever do.....

Reizo
Aug 8, 2003, 02:03 PM
Well I hope it gets shut down soon... The longer its up, the more people that are able to see it.

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 02:19 PM
Rownan, did you email the admin (a nice generic listing for the mod lol) to let them know about it?

Rownan
Aug 8, 2003, 03:02 PM
On 2003-08-08 12:19, VioletSkye wrote:
Rownan, did you email the admin (a nice generic listing for the mod lol) to let them know about it?

Yes I did, here is a copy of the e-mail I sent:

----------------------------------------

Addressed to: [email protected]

Sega,

Are you aware that there are Phantasy Star Online cheats available for viewing on Sega's official Message boards?

[link removed]

These cheats not only violate the game's Terms Of Service, but also ruin the economy of the game as well as cause Sega to lose out on large amounts of business because people refuse to play a game where everyone cheats. Until now these cheats have been kept under wraps, us game players have had to police the internet in an attempt to keep the cheating to a minimum due to Sega's(or Sonic Team's) failure to support their products.

The least you can do is moderate your message boards and keep the cheating off your official site! I request that the appropriate threads be deleted and the responsible parties be banned from the boards.

Thanks you very much for your time.

Tim Buechel

EDIT: Sorry I accidently posted the link!! I have since removed it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rownan on 2003-08-08 13:05 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 03:05 PM
Cool. Definitely let us know if they respond to your email. I'd be interested to hear what they say.

Soukosa
Aug 8, 2003, 03:13 PM
I'm guessing this is the american boards, if so, I'm not at all suprised.

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 04:18 PM
It is the American boards (shocker huh?) and I'm stunned that the thread is still there. It was posted hours and hours ago.

CrimsonII4
Aug 8, 2003, 04:21 PM
hmm, very interesting, but makes me wonder who'd be that bold to post cheats up on the official board

AUTO_
Aug 8, 2003, 04:24 PM
*ST/Sega intern playing with his thumbs while sitting in his chair*

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

*sees cheating thread*

KB...soo...far....away...

Soukosa
Aug 8, 2003, 05:01 PM
On 2003-08-08 14:18, VioletSkye wrote:
It is the American boards (shocker huh?) and I'm stunned that the thread is still there. It was posted hours and hours ago.

Comparing the Japanese and American boards at the Sonic Adventure 2 BBS shows how good SOA is at moderating things. Now a days, if something gets modded there, everyone has a heart attack, since it happens so little.

Pastullio
Aug 8, 2003, 05:57 PM
OMG! your kidding me! none of you knew about this! i've been on the sega msg boards longer than i've been here (no offense to PSO world) sega doesn't mod their boards at all which is the reason why it is mostly full of cheats and spam, PSO world mods do a GREAT job about taking care of the boards,

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 06:19 PM
On 2003-08-08 15:57, Pastullio wrote:
OMG! your kidding me! none of you knew about this! i've been on the sega msg boards longer than i've been here (no offense to PSO world) sega doesn't mod their boards at all which is the reason why it is mostly full of cheats and spam, PSO world mods do a GREAT job about taking care of the boards,

I guess you're right LOL. I've never had any reason to visit the Sega boards before so I wouldn't know how they handle posts, but obviously its not modded (or not "well" modded).

Pastullio
Aug 8, 2003, 06:25 PM
the sega boards are not modded at all, or if they are, they don't do anything noticable about it

SlashEdgewind
Aug 8, 2003, 06:35 PM
umm.. here's a thought.. maybe they don't care, because it's just a game.. no I'm not symptathetic towards cheaters.. I wish they didn't cheat, but it's their game and as long as there's no one getting FSOD or FSODX then it really doesn't hurt anyone... I know you can talk about the PSO economy, I know that it's just lame when dupers and hackers and all those other people just go ahead and do what they do and then take over a game and get all the experience and items only to dupe more taking away maybe a small part of the experience of PSO from other players.. but it's no big deal

Slash

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 07:49 PM
I'm sure some of them care. The developers and programmers I'm sure care, as does everyone that worked on the project. Not sure how much you know (or don't know) about game development, but often times its Blood, Sweat and Tears and some heavy personal sacrifice. I'm sure it kills some of them to see their creation being torn apart by glitches and/or editting (Xbox). But as far as the boards go, they obviously don't put much effort into patrolling them very well. Also, try to imagine the frustration many of them must feel about the current situation. GC isn't going to be patchable and Xboxers can still edit and dupe to their hearts content. I'm sure at this point they may simply be throwing their hands up and shaking their heads, knowing they probably won't be able to change it. Its still not a good sign for a company to be so lax about posting cheats on an official board, but at this point, maybe they figure (unfortunately) that it no longer matters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-08 17:54 ]</font>

SlashEdgewind
Aug 8, 2003, 08:57 PM
umm.. first of all.. I'll admit they had to do a fair amount with making PSO EP 1&2 for gamecbue.. but wasn't PSO EP1 already made? they just had to make a few adjustments to what already exists, and EP 2 yea I admit they had to do stuff, but I doubt they care if people cheat, I think they'd view it as as long as their having fun then what they do is.. sorta alright if undesired

Slash

Reizo
Aug 8, 2003, 09:01 PM
On 2003-08-08 17:49, VioletSkye wrote:
I'm sure some of them care. The developers and programmers I'm sure care, as does everyone that worked on the project. Not sure how much you know (or don't know) about game development, but often times its Blood, Sweat and Tears and some heavy personal sacrifice. I'm sure it kills some of them to see their creation being torn apart by glitches and/or editting (Xbox). But as far as the boards go, they obviously don't put much effort into patrolling them very well. Also, try to imagine the frustration many of them must feel about the current situation. GC isn't going to be patchable and Xboxers can still edit and dupe to their hearts content. I'm sure at this point they may simply be throwing their hands up and shaking their heads, knowing they probably won't be able to change it. Its still not a good sign for a company to be so lax about posting cheats on an official board, but at this point, maybe they figure (unfortunately) that it no longer matters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-08 17:54 ]</font>

Wow, nicely put Violet. It is sad to see even Sega's Official Boards are being reduced to a information center for cheaters I hate to see this happening, I hope that Mr.Buechel's email puts some sense into their heads.

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 09:13 PM
It will be interesting to see what kind of a reply he receives, if any. More than likely it will be in the form of an automated "Thank you, your email has been received" response. This type of negligence doesn't bode well for a company hoping to sell copies of a new game (PSO 3.) It may be a stretch, but if people see Sega as not caring about the cheating that goes on, they may be hesitant in purchasing a game from them. If the masses believe for even a moment that PSO 3 will be racked with cheaters they may stear clear of the game. So for appearances sake, they need to at least keep that kind of info off their own boards.

Just an FYI. I'm not 100% legit and I am well aware of the exploits. From maxing stats to Multi equippping weps to duping (both Shop and USB). The difference is though, that I don't post how its done or pass that info onto others, nor do I take that garbage online (except in locked games when experimenting) The problem is that too many people burst into random games and ruin the fun for other people. Even if I cheat, I do it alone, and I think its totally uncool to barge into another person's game and Bogart all the exp. What it comes down to is not legit vs. cheater, but simple common courtesy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-08 19:27 ]</font>

kat
Aug 8, 2003, 10:31 PM
they're apathetic at best... I've given up on their forums, having had to deal with them having more tech issues than made it worthwhile, plus having to practically do an areceological dig just to get to the actual pso forum after logging in... you can't even view the thing without the log-in...

And... if you consider that the admin account there was hacked for that recent 'free hunters liscense' hoax...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kat on 2003-08-08 20:32 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 10:47 PM
On 2003-08-08 20:31, kat wrote:
they're apathetic at best... I've given up on their forums, having had to deal with them having more tech issues than made it worthwhile, plus having to practically do an areceological dig just to get to the actual pso forum after logging in... you can't even view the thing without the log-in...

And... if you consider that the admin account there was hacked for that recent 'free hunters liscense' hoax...

LOL agreed. Their forums are less than stellar. At least the American boards anyway. its just a big mess of mostly idiodic spam.

Ranger_Larry
Aug 8, 2003, 10:55 PM
Sega should care about multiweop/armor at least. I think it LAGS the servers badly.

primer567
Aug 8, 2003, 11:00 PM
God/Equip has just been discovered for GC PSO.....

Reenee
Aug 9, 2003, 12:13 AM
Prove it.

VioletSkye
Aug 9, 2003, 11:59 AM
GOE is not out for GC despite the rumors you may hear. If Primer has a pic to prove otherwise I'd love to see it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Soukosa
Aug 9, 2003, 01:35 PM
For the caring part, SoA has never really shown much care for things, but SoJ does. They just need to get SoA to clean up their act. For the God/Equip, last I checked, their were people working on it, but no one has shown proof that they can actually do it yet.

primer567
Aug 9, 2003, 02:11 PM
I was on a couple forums and this guy claims to have it and a bunch of people are going crazy trying to get it to work. He only posted 3/4 of how to do it. Give it a couple days and we'll see. Hpefully he is bullshittin.

Pastullio
Aug 9, 2003, 07:05 PM
I would just like to say that no matter what sega does, they CAN NOT stop cheating. Some no-life loser who has to much free time on their hands will always be there to find every single bug in the system. Even if it requires a CPU and knowledge of C/C++/Perl/Java or any other programming language, someone will always be there.

kat
Aug 9, 2003, 09:00 PM
On 2003-08-08 20:47, VioletSkye wrote:

LOL agreed. Their forums are less than stellar. At least the American boards anyway. its just a big mess of mostly idiodic spam.
THat's another reason I never go there anymore too- I"ve yet to see anything BUT spam on the boards....

As for the 'caring' issue: it's not caring, it's doing your job. If one of us were not doing our job at work, then we'd probably be replaced after getting bad performance reviews etc. So, if there are people who's job it is to police the boards and keep that stuff off, then they're not doing it. THerefore they should be replaced, as it's a job, not an issue of love and respect and the pure joy of the game

Moonlight
Aug 10, 2003, 05:05 AM
On 2003-08-08 11:19, satoshi1 wrote:

On 2003-08-08 10:56, Rownan wrote:

Yet they deleted a topic where people were trying different methods to get the GC Browser out to the web (with no luck, might I add).

It takes all of three seconds to set that up. I don't see why they'd jump in and delete something so trivial. OMFG TEHY MIHT C PR0N!!!11

Feh -_-

Rownan
Aug 10, 2003, 07:08 PM
FYI I have recieved no reply, and last time I checked yesterday they have made no changes to the forum.

Oh well, I tried.

kat
Aug 11, 2003, 12:04 PM
On 2003-08-10 17:08, Rownan wrote:
FYI I have recieved no reply, and last time I checked yesterday they have made no changes to the forum.

Oh well, I tried.

that is probably the worst part... they aren't even handing out 'geeric appology and we'll fix right away candy'