PDA

View Full Version : Now that Square has merged with Enix...

OnnaWren
Aug 8, 2003, 01:14 PM
...it'll make everything originally made by Enix (Star Ocean, Dragon Warrior, etc.) that much more popular.

The poll is this... which ongoing (meaning having a new installment either recently- within the last year- released or forthcoming) under-appreciated video-game RPG franchise (meaning having two or more games already in the series, not a standalone game like Legend of Dragoon) NOT already dealt with by Squenix in some form or another (this INCLUDES Breath of Fire, the first one having been distributed by Square way back in the day, and Ogre Battle, the original developer having been swallowed by Squaresoft- sorry!) would you also like to see boosted in popularity by such a merger?

Since there is no room for "other" on the poll, feel free to chime in with "other" votes.

[EDIT: speeling]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2003-08-08 11:22 ]</font>

Kent
Aug 8, 2003, 10:35 PM
Oh yes, I'd love to see the Shining and Phantasy Star series boosted in popularity because of a merger between two companies that had nothing at all to do with those games in the first place...

And it's Square Enix, not Squenix (where that came from, I do not know).

eXo
Aug 8, 2003, 11:49 PM
Hey take it easy now ok,maybe he just made a typo or two http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I would love to see a super dragon warrior http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Obscenity
Aug 9, 2003, 06:30 AM
I had to vote for the PS series, as it's my favorite. Shining is a close second, though. I'd also like to see a new Lunar. The two PSX remakes were nice, but I already had them for my Sega CD. I liked the Suikoden series, or at least the first two. I haven't played 3 yet. Jade Cocoon was okay, but I haven't played the sequel. I didn't really care for Koudelka, and I haven't played Shadow Hearts yet, but it looks like a cool game, so I may try it at some point. I played a little of the first two WIld Arms, but not enough to really decide if I liked them or not. Same with the Tales and Grandia series.

Kanashimi
Oct 5, 2003, 09:34 PM
Voted for PS cause I haven't heard of the others...

Thumbalina2k
Oct 6, 2003, 03:23 AM
dunno if you guys know, but they are in the middle of coming out with a new star ocean game....looks TIGHT!

SubstanceD
Oct 6, 2003, 06:46 AM
Either the Lunar series or the Phantasy Star series ( I voted for Lunar since Phantasy Star already has 3 votes ) would do for me.

Realisticly speaking however Konami and it's Suikoden series will probabbly benifit ( if you can call going up against both Sqaure and Enix working together ) the most from the the Square-Enix merger since the Suikoden games will be the highest profile rpg's out there that is not made by Square-Enix.

starhealer
Oct 6, 2003, 01:42 PM
Suikoden IV in 2004! Rawh!

Anyhow...I fail to see how the Square-Enix merger will have any effect on any series outside of its own company. It's not like Square-Enix merging is going to light a fire under Konami's, Game Arts' or any other company's butt. It just means Square-Enix games will have more financial backing and a better PR program.

Well...unless the merger decides it wants to get bigger and attempts to buy one of its competators, in which case some series may benefit from it...

ginko990
Oct 6, 2003, 03:31 PM
Jesus christ Kanashimi, stop bumping threads, especially ones that have no corelation to today. This post was about something that happened months ago. Stop trying to get your post count up.