PDA

View Full Version : 12 stars

cameron121
Aug 8, 2003, 01:27 PM
If any one has ever found one can you please tell me what drop it the amount of hours you had or leader and section ID?

thanks!

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 01:33 PM
There is only one 12 star item that I know of that drops from an enemy and that is the Psychowand. Everything else is created by combining items.

You can find out what drops the Psychowand here:
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=143

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-08 11:36 ]</font>

rena-ko
Aug 8, 2003, 01:49 PM
dont srank weapons have 12 stars?

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 02:00 PM
On 2003-08-08 11:49, rena-ko wrote:
dont srank weapons have 12 stars?

Yeah but they aren't dropped by an enemy. You get them by completing Challange Mode online with an "S" rank. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I see what you're saying though, and you're right, with the exception of Sranks and Psychowand, everything else (12 stars) is created by combining items. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-08 12:04 ]</font>

Soukosa
Aug 8, 2003, 02:04 PM
There's more 12 star drops than the Psycho Wand and the remaining 12 stars that don't come from enemies aren't all made from combining things, like the S-Ranks.

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 02:05 PM
On 2003-08-08 12:04, Kalonera wrote:
There's more 12 star drops than the Psycho Wand and the remaining 12 stars that don't come from enemies aren't all made from combining things, like the S-Ranks.

LOL. yep I amended it in the above post. I just never think of Sranks, cuz I never play Challenge mode.

The only 12 star items (non S rank) I show are:
Oritiagito (which is transformed not really combined)
Doubler Cannon (combined)
J sword (unsealed apparently LOL)
Lavis Blade (combined)
YIKES Ok I was wrong Heaven Punisher drops (my bad)
Guld Milla (combined)
Psychowand (drops)
Dancing Hitogata (combined)
Parasite wear Nelgal (combined)
Lafuteria (combined)

Ok I should have clarified. It's not that they need to be combined, but that they don't drop from enemies. Except Psychowand and Hev Pun (which I clearly missed LOL)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-08 12:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-08 15:54 ]</font>

Soukosa
Aug 8, 2003, 02:14 PM
On 2003-08-08 12:05, VioletSkye wrote:
LOL. yep I amended it in the above post. I just never think of Sranks, cuz I never play Challenge mode. BTw what would be another 12 star drop? I've looked over all the items released and I can't see a single one other than that.

I'm pretty sure the Heaven Punisher is 12 stars.

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 02:15 PM
heh I keep posting too late for you to see the changes I made in my post LOL. I remembered Hev pun and included it above. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Soukosa
Aug 8, 2003, 02:22 PM
Yeah http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif You forgot Parasite Wear: Vajuilla and Ragol Ring. The former being combined and the latter being earned.

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 02:26 PM
On 2003-08-08 12:22, Kalonera wrote:
Yeah http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif You forgot Parasite Wear: Vajuilla and Ragol Ring. The former being combined and the latter being earned.

D'oh !!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif you got me again LOL

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 05:54 PM
OK I goofed it again. BKB is an 11 Star item, not a 12 star. LOL I'll change the above post.

eXo
Aug 8, 2003, 08:59 PM
Hmmm *lol* well it seems that you guys,forgot about
SANGE & YASHA also... they are twelve stars.

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=511&sortby=class

VioletSkye
Aug 8, 2003, 09:05 PM
On 2003-08-08 18:59, eXo wrote:
Hmmm *lol* well it seems that you guys,forgot about
SANGE & YASHA also... they are twelve stars.

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=511&sortby=class

LOL Man I choked on this thread. Good eye EXO S&Y is indeed a 12 Star. The sad part is I have the spreadsheet right in front of me that lists all items by stars. I really shouldn't post info when I'm working on other projects (notice I felt the need to make a lame excuse http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif ) Clearly this was not one of my better attempts at giving info LOL!!!!

PABLOparavida
Aug 8, 2003, 11:22 PM
There's lots of tweleve star items but most have to be combined.

ChokingVictim
Aug 9, 2003, 03:13 AM
judging from that list it's quite apparent that the orotiagito is the easiest to obtain of the group... pending of course on the section ID, but judging from one drop chart percent list i've seen.. pinkal has it the easiest. something like 4-5% chance of a 1975 agito dropping on a rare monster you can pipe for repeatedly... meaning it's a lot easier to tweak things in your favor, especially with the fake in yellow quest taken into consideration. it still means that you'll have a maybe 1 out of 23ish chance you'll see one drop for a already rare monster, but pining for a 12 star on a regular monster means you'll never know when you get lucky.. for whatever class has to kill tollaws for the agito for instance, they have really no idea how far their progress is going to finding an agito.
after 20 pal rappies for a pinkal kinda have a sense that it will only take so many more to get the agito. of course it could be the next pal they find, it could be their next 20th..it could in theory be never. odds are though that one out of 23 or so will drop that agito.

it seems to me that most people gunning for an agito of the pinkal ID seem to take around 20something or so Pals to find the 75... second easiest would prolly be the parasite wears... stink frame is the easy part, not hard for a redria at all. photon drop needed for all the cells, 3 or 4 depending right? at 20 p-drops each...right? 60-80 p-drops.... which will just take time and put those p-drops to work if you don't need them for other use.

take into account with 12 stars you have to combine, that very few have both items dropping for any one section ID, sange and yasha for viridia or some such ( i believe).. if you have a .01 chance (rounded) of finding these items drop off one enemy... multiple that by the similar drop rate of the other weapon for your chance of seeing them both drop for your character.. .0001 of a percent... which means a HELL of a lot of baddies you will most likely have to kill before you see one...

of course with independent chance and whatnot you could find a psycho wand on your first ruins run.. odds are though..it ain't gonna happen.

Zarana
Aug 9, 2003, 04:52 AM
Finding a Psycho Wand from something other than Mil Lilly is pretty much the equivalent of walking on water in PSO. It isn't ever going to happen as long as you look. To this day there are enemies that the Psycho Wand has never been found from, such as Sinow Zele and Del Lily. And I would say that, in the entire world of PSO players, about five to seven have ever found a Psycho Wand from Gran Sorcerer, Gibbles and Bulclaw combined.

To be blunt, you will never do it. Regular people don't find these items and you would have a better chance at winning the lottery.

Did you know that a Psycho Wand from Gran Sorcerer is roughly eight times as rare as a Sealed J-Sword from Gi Gue? DUN DUN DUN! Either go for a rare enemy or give up with the Psycho Wand, the rarest of all the 12 star items. The Heaven Punisher comes in at a close second, but is minutely easier because of the Sinow Blue and Crimson Assassin ones. You'll still never find it from anything but Hildetorr.

And here's some more odds for you.

The Book of Hitogata and Handgun: Guld are ridiculously rare, about half as difficult as a Psycho Wand from Gran Sorcerer. You would find two Lavis Cannons from Gibbles before you found one of these. Milla and the regular old Hitogata, though, are child's play in comparison--you have reasonable chances of finding them.

Yasha from Melqueek is pretty much as rare as a Lavis Cannon, while Sange is a cinch to find.

Completing a Double Cannon is twelve times as difficult as completing a Black King Bar.

The 1975 Agito is rather easy to come by as Pinkal and Whitill, but try finding it with any other ID and you've got a month-long chore on your hands.

The Sealed J-Sword from Gi Gue is roughly as rare as a Lavis Cannon from Gibbles. It should take anywhere in the area of 1500-2000 Gi Gues to find on average, and good luck finding out how to unseal it. You'd be the first person to do so since someone glitched (not hacked) it open in v1.0.

12 star weapons are life-consuming ordeals to find. It would take months to kill the 16,000 Gran Sorcerers you would need to have a reasonable shot at a Psycho Wand. And you can pretty much forget killing 16,000 Sinow Zeles in your lifetime. The best advice I can give you is play smart (rare enemies) or don't try at all. You could level straight to 200 on nothing but Doc's Secret Plan before you ever find that elusive weapon...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarana on 2003-08-09 02:56 ]</font>

chantez131313
Aug 9, 2003, 08:12 AM
You say i have better chances to win the lottery? HELL YEAH!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Firocket1690
Aug 9, 2003, 08:25 AM
The Sealed J-Sword from Gi Gue is roughly as rare as a Lavis Cannon from Gibbles. It should take anywhere in the area of 1500-2000 Gi Gues to find on average, and good luck finding out how to unseal it. You'd be the first person to do so since someone glitched (not hacked) it open in v1.0.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarana on 2003-08-09 02:56 ]</font>

after 172 runs, I got my Sealed J ...

Nodman (another PSOW member) claims that he found his on the SEVENTH Gi Gue

Soukosa
Aug 9, 2003, 11:14 AM
On 2003-08-09 02:52, Zarana wrote:
Where in the world did you get that it takes 1500-2000 Gi Gues to get a Sealed J-Sword at? That is way too high for anything from Gi Gue. But, overall, I don't think you really know what you're talking about when it comes to chances of a rare dropping.

VioletSkye
Aug 9, 2003, 12:12 PM
I agree, Zarana has absolutely no idea what he/she is talking about. Zarana has obviously never looked at the items files from a PC or Xbox version. Sorry Zar, but you are WAAAAYYYYYY off.

Richard
Aug 9, 2003, 01:39 PM
There are 3 instances I can think of when a Japanese player found a 12-star rare. This excludes the Hildetorr and Mil Lily drops, of course. They were from:

SKYLY - Sinow Spigell - HEAVEN PUNISHER
PURPLENUM - Mericarol - HEAVEN PUNISHER
ORAN - Gibbles - PSYCHO WAND

ChokingVictim
Aug 9, 2003, 03:02 PM
does anyone have the link to the japanese site which give supposed odds on rares from every enemy on a section-id comaparison chart? the numbers on it seemed pretty plausible. i forget their supposed chance of finding a sealed j-sword, but it was something like a tenth of a percent or lower. factor in independent chance and it is very possible to find one on your 7th gi-gue... just very very lucky.

Reenee
Aug 9, 2003, 03:13 PM
On 2003-08-09 13:02, ChokingVictim wrote:
does anyone have the link to the japanese site which give supposed odds on rares from every enemy on a section-id comaparison chart? the numbers on it seemed pretty plausible. i forget their supposed chance of finding a sealed j-sword, but it was something like a tenth of a percent or lower. factor in independent chance and it is very possible to find one on your 7th gi-gue... just very very lucky.

Kalonera and Richard have documents, but apparently they're busy working on seeing if everything is right.

Be patient. *bawls*

Zarana
Aug 9, 2003, 03:20 PM
To the people saying my post is way off--Are you nuts? Do you have anything to back it up other than "I don't think you're right just for the sake of saying so"? Come on now, if you want to say I'm wrong then at least give some information to support it.

As for the people who took seven and one hundred someodd Gi Gues, you're either lying or the two luckiest people to ever play PSO. 150 is a likely number for his body, but the J-Sword is obscenely rare by comparison. On those drop charts, for every number or star that increased, the rarity of the item doubles. Gi Gue's body is a 4-star item, the Sealed J-Sword is a 7-star item. So adding three stars (150 x 2, 300 x 2, 600 x 2) the odds against you finding it in 150 are extreme. And the odds of finding it in 7 are, well, so impossible that I daresay your friend is lying. That or he's a miracle worker.

VioletSkye
Aug 9, 2003, 04:01 PM
On 2003-08-09 13:20, Zarana wrote:
To the people saying my post is way off--Are you nuts? Do you have anything to back it up other than "I don't think you're right just for the sake of saying so"? Come on now, if you want to say I'm wrong then at least give some information to support it.

As for the people who took seven and one hundred someodd Gi Gues, you're either lying or the two luckiest people to ever play PSO. 150 is a likely number for his body, but the J-Sword is obscenely rare by comparison. On those drop charts, for every number or star that increased, the rarity of the item doubles. Gi Gue's body is a 4-star item, the Sealed J-Sword is a 7-star item. So adding three stars (150 x 2, 300 x 2, 600 x 2) the odds against you finding it in 150 are extreme. And the odds of finding it in 7 are, well, so impossible that I daresay your friend is lying. That or he's a miracle worker.

You want proof. here is an unmodded ITEMRT.GSL file from the XBox version. If you're smart enough, you can dig through it yourself and look at the drop frequencies. Feel free to show any us that you're info is correct based on this ACTUAL GAME FILE.
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/rlc/itemrt.gsl

Please do educate us LOL.

Obscenity
Aug 9, 2003, 04:05 PM
I'm kind of interested to see how this turns out, as I've come to respect the information and opinions of the people on both sides of the argument. But I have no relevant information on the matter, myself. =D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obscenity on 2003-08-09 14:20 ]</font>

Soukosa
Aug 9, 2003, 04:06 PM
On 2003-08-09 13:13, Reenee wrote:
Kalonera and Richard have documents, but apparently they're busy working on seeing if everything is right.

Be patient. *bawls*

I'm simply waiting on someone to get me another copy of the file to verify the first one I have.

VioletSkye
Aug 9, 2003, 04:16 PM
On 2003-08-09 14:06, Kalonera wrote:

On 2003-08-09 13:13, Reenee wrote:

Be patient. *bawls*

I'm simply waiting on someone to get me another copy of the file to verify the first one I have.

I know, I know LOL. I need to get you that file. I'll steal the Xbox this week when I see him and get everything set up. Thankfully the first month is free http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ChokingVictim
Aug 9, 2003, 04:51 PM
law of independent chance people... just because something is highly unlikely does not mean it is impossible... every time you kill gi gue there is a fraction of a percent that sealed j is going to drop. you could kill 1000 gi gues... you still have a fraction of a percent chance of finding a j-sword..

now odds are it will take you at least several hundred if not thousand kills to find the sword. but each chance is just as good as the others. the only thing you can do to increase your chances is trying repeatedly, but it still won't affect the outcome of the event's actual chance.

eXo
Aug 9, 2003, 07:22 PM
This will be interesting

Lucas2k4
Aug 9, 2003, 07:27 PM
I'm kidna lost. What are we looking at here? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

eXo
Aug 9, 2003, 07:34 PM
On 2003-08-09 17:27, Lucas2k4 wrote:
I'm kidna lost. What are we looking at here? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Its a link to a downloadable drop chart on page two, its posted by Violetskye,go ahead and take a look.

eXo
Aug 9, 2003, 07:36 PM
Oh yeah did i forget to mention that it really amazes me with some of the,numbers people bring up about 12 star rares :confuse:

Lucas2k4
Aug 9, 2003, 07:39 PM
So what does this drop chart do?

eXo
Aug 10, 2003, 01:37 PM
its a chart ripped from psox showing you the % of certain weapons dropping etc..etc..

eXo
Aug 10, 2003, 01:41 PM
Atleast thats what i have been told,is it a legit chart http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif who knows.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eXo on 2003-08-10 11:42 ]</font>

Soukosa
Aug 10, 2003, 02:57 PM
On 2003-08-10 11:41, eXo wrote:
Atleast thats what i have been told,is it a legit chart http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif who knows.

I'm not sure if its been messed with or not, so that's why I need another copy from someone to verify it.

ShaolinSteez
Aug 10, 2003, 10:09 PM
It's a game of numbers, odds and percentages. It's the luck of the draw. Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you don't. I got lucky and found my 1975 AGITO off of the first PAL RAPPY I found with my PINKAL.

eXo
Aug 11, 2003, 01:51 AM
Thats what i thought but people think other wise.

Octavian
Aug 11, 2003, 02:52 AM
*found lavis cannon on the third online tollaw* And I was looking for it, figure that one out. I've been told finding the sealed J has the same drop percentage as a lavis from a gibbles for yellowboze.... I'd say 1500-2000 is a little exagerated....anyhow, I have to say to Zarana though that was an interesting read, your confidence and statement of facts had my eyes wide open when I saw that number.

cameron121
Aug 13, 2003, 07:23 PM
thank you all for your info but can you change the drop rates?

cameron121
Aug 13, 2003, 07:30 PM
sorry i forgot but can someone please copy the oran part of the list and put it in this document so i may cut and apste it because my computer stinks and can't find a visible driver?